Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited February 2014
    Honestly I'd rather see all buffs excluded so things CAN be fair. Because having it for the living just excludes Magnagora. At least a Mag bard can make the living seem undead for it. Or things like the spire of dionamus that helps everyone except hinders Magnagora. It wouldn't be classed as cheating, but I wouldn't call it fair either.

EDIT: By buffs I mean quest buffs that aren't available to everyone ie karma blessings.

• Lavinya said:
    It's called tactics, and planning ahead. Ask the winners of all the seals thus far how much pre-planning went into the competition for them, and I'd be very very surprised to hear very little. Things like unravelling gates perhaps, pre-bashing/influencing to get respawn timers locked down, domoth blessings, quest buffs gained in advance, pyramid points and demigod anchors set, pits set, hermit tarot cards activated...shouldn't they be considered cheating too?

I'm not saying it is cheating, because obviously it's not. I'm just not particularly interested in gloating about it.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    Meh, just make everyone human for the duration of the seal and bar all abilities except debating skills, fast-talking and attitudes to break fasttalking.  Problem solved!

(Yes, I'm being a bit too-obviously tongue-in-cheek  *dons flame-proof armor*)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited February 2014
    Kelly said:
    Shaddus said:
    Context, please?
    Glom has kept the Throne attuned to the undead, to keep most of the playerbase from getting buffs pre-Justice seal event.
    To be fair, Magnagora has done most of the legwork, credit to them for being dedicated, Tacita just did the final one.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Good luck to everyone in justice today!
  • This is not the place for rants, arguments, and general not-nice things. (That stuff belongs on Facebook.)

Who said this is a rant, people are speaking their mind in a polite and civil manner.

Seriously, quit trying to police people, that's the admin's job.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Login right when Justice starts, realize I am in an internet cafe with no system so just log off anyways. 

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

If anyone from justice has logs of their rounds, I'd really love to see them, thanks!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    The most justice today comes from the forums.

About 4 posts above this, more specifically.
  • If flagging me for "policing" you makes you feel justified, so be it, but the discussion was not very civil, in my opinion. The flag option is there to help call these things to the admins' attention. You don't like it, that's your own problem. I'm not misusing flags, but I will admit that I did abuse them for a while.

• Iasmos said:
    If flagging me for "policing" you makes you feel justified, so be it, but the discussion was not very civil, in my opinion. The flag option is there to help call these things to the admins' attention. You don't like it, that's your own problem. I'm not misusing flags, but I will admit that I did abuse them for a while.
    In general threads like this one, topics meander, and they're entitled to. It's not really your job to decide when others have said enough. I understand what you're trying to do, but you're falling into Hall Monitor territory. It is compounded by the fact that you often flag exchanges you're not even participating in, which makes you this aloof nemesis figure - hence all the flags you're currently getting.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Yes, I understand that.

However, the discussion between Silvanus and Enyalida was not a friendly exchange, and not in what I would consider to be in the spirit of the Tweets.

• It's more about the general practice than today's instance. You just don't actually post much, but now finally the tide of off-topic revenge can flow back in your direction. Same with the 'take a joke' yesterday. The joke is the flags. Anyway. Back on topic...

My Tweet:
    Warm fuzzies in Hallifax are so awkward, like being enthusiastically embraced by a sticky child. cringe/melt/cringe/melt
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited February 2014

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Not going to comment either way on whether it's good strategy or being dickish, but - for what it's worth, I really regret that I raised it for undead. That represents a giant compromise of my roleplay and one that I am exceptionally uncomfortable with, and although I felt under pressure to do so that was no reason to cave. I do not like the idea of being a person who puts benefits/buffs/that sort of thing before roleplay and today I absolutely did that.

I basically just wanted to put that apology out there. Please resume tweeting, sorry for the slightly less than positive derail :)
    Being dickish isn't getting a monopoly on a buff for a contest that comes once a RL year where min/maxing and planning is employed by those who take it seriously.

No, being dickish is locking a guild out of an event that is related to them and hurling them abuse.

• Morkarion said:
    No, being dickish is locking a guild out of an event that is related to them and hurling them abuse.
    I'd really suggest getting more context on that before, in turn, being dickish on the forums.

Maligorn said:

Morkarion said:
    I'd really suggest getting more context on that before, in turn, being dickish on the forums.
    Telling Minstrels who are trying to get involved "go fuck yourself" and walking off? Yeah it's a classy act, what was I thinking calling it dickish.

• -shrug-. Minstrel GM gets to be rude and ornery, but all the attitude is thrown at the person running around and using minor/majorsixth power to get things done. It's academic now, the stein has passed hands and now this can be a Minstrel-only thing.

• edited February 2014
    Morkarion said:

I didn't mean to get the object. I'm a bard and all the Voice quests are of great interest to me so I was tagging along. I greeted the guy and agreed to the quest not knowing that doing so would block anyone else. I couldn't have known it was a one-person deal.

Synkarin had to go, so I made a squad and kept the guild members with me, telling them every clue... right up until the point when Eritheyl showed up. I stopped so he could join us, he arrived on the scene and called me a witch's tit and refused to help before even hearing what was going on. Well, I wasn't really interested in that. I still informed the guild when I'd finished one leg of the running-around bit so they could see what happened.

Apparently it's been changed so it can be done by anyone, and I turned over the stein as soon as I was informed of that. I thought it had to be me since I started the quest. All's well now, enjoy.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2014
    ...what? I didn't call you anything, that was in reference to the Frost Spite. And there was no refusal in either case.

I do apologize that you misunderstood.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Doesn't sound like cheating to me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Great conversation we're having here.

• Thank you for continuing to bury my posts so dutifully. I love you all, my fans!

• Karma is an excuse to behave immaturely. I know I did some dumb things, but I tip my hat to the new generation.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Talan said:

Warm fuzzies in Hallifax are so awkward, like being enthusiastically embraced by a sticky child. cringe/melt/cringe/melt
    Those are the best kind.
This discussion has been closed.