Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Munsia said
    Also @Celina needs to learn to focus spirit!
    To be fair, not everybody has a (capable) system coded for them by somebody else ;)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

To be fair, my system was coded by @Vadi.

I just typically ignore treebane because I have brumetower, and manual it when necessary. I just didn't notice it this time. :(

• No comment here.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You can. Pathtwist gets WAY WAY more attention and praise than it deserves.
  • I always liked pathtwist simply because it was a demesne-user and Druid ability that was unique in its use. Not just another "put effect <affliction> here".
    That's a load of partisan Seren bullcrap right there. It's an absolutey fantastic skill that catches people off guard no matter how experienced you are. It's great at group splitting in the midst of a hectic group pk. Great skill.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited July 2014
    No, it really isn't. The chance for the effect is really low, and ENTER PATH nullifies it in distorted areas. Everywhere else it's pathetically easy to regroup with the rest of your group anyways (like with nature flow), because there won't be anything else really worth mentioning hindering your movement (unlike in most of the mage demesnes).

It's tremendously useful and powerful in deterring very large group raids (like avatar raids) where the group will be rushing around (avatar raids) and will be dismantled if even a few people are caught away from the group (avatar raids). Any other time (not avatar raids), it's cute, not much else.. Not going to say I don't use it  - with caution (because the ENTER PATH functionality means that the group leader can use it as a shortcut to bumrush or get behind allied emplacements at no real cost), but it's not the wunderskill it's made out to be.

EDIT: Low enough that after testing it, I bugged it. They couldn't find a bug, but I'm still pretty sure that it's bugged dropping the chance to fire in some situations, situations I try now to avoid in the rare battles that call for actually using the skill.

I like you and appreciate your perspective on a lot of things, but after literal years of severely downplaying druidry and specifically Harstone, I really don't have an interest in rehashing this argument any further.

So here's my fake smile so we can move on to greener pastures:

:-j
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2014
    I really love when people make alts to post on forums.

I'm betting that Lorthien is Caerlyr based on m&m hate.

I mean who comments to say 'no comment' in reference to something unless they want the world to know they have nothing nice to say

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Celina said:
    So here's my fake smile so we can move on to greener pastures: :-j
    Like the other side of the fence?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    My side of the fence is wonderful. I can't go to the other side because Shuck will get lonely.
  • No comment.

edited July 2014
    Just some abuse flags, AMIRITE?! (Okay he got me, it's actually an off topic flag.)
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited July 2014
    Lorthien said:
    Munsia said
    Also @Celina needs to learn to focus spirit!
    To be fair, not everybody has a (capable) system coded for them by somebody else ;)

This is probably the dumbest post on this forums...what? You don't need a system to focus spirit. My system doesn't auto focus spirit. No system that I know of does either. it's considered a bad move to automatically cure with it because of the high cost, and it'd be easily abusable by mana drainers. Sooo...what? How about you take 5 seconds to highlight treebane line and TADA YOU CAN TELL YOU'VE BEEN TREEBANED. Gosh, people are so ignorant. 

Note, this isn't to Celina..but to the qouted poster. 

Also, I agree that Enyalida's been downplaying hartstone far longer than she should have. The only thing that ever keeps me from enjoying Druidry again is the addiction to force field and the 20k effective health it comes with for bashing.. 

Also again with this YOU DIDN'T CODE YOUR SYSTEM hate crap? 90% of this game is using someone elses system. There's only a handful of people who coded their own and don't spread it out, and there's another select few that did. That's how they make money, that's how IRE gamers make their creds. I'm fueling the economy. Go cry into a damn pillow and get off my case about it. If we made the rule 'You have to code your own system' I can almost guarantee there'd only be a few fighters at this direct second if you just started plucking systems away from people. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I coded my own system on Nexus. B-)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Kiakoda Reserve  :-w
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • edited July 2014
    Daraius said:
    That'd explain alot!
  • edited July 2014
    Bringing up the whole Hart skills discussion again, concerning the Totem, I always found the skill of Stag to go so much better with warriors, rather than the Druid. If I was ever a serenguard, I'd bolt to it (see what I did there??)
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Not really. It has some good general use skills for both archetypes, but it's really built for druidry and has all its synergy there.
  • edited July 2014

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2346
    Date: 7/10/2014 at 19:23
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: New Goop Artifacts

We're happy to announce two new goop artifacts now on sale!

First up is a dowsing crystal, priced at 15 goop. This crystal allows
    you to determine if anything is buried in your room.

Second is a spherical diamonut, priced at 25 goop, which works similarly
    to powerplex jewels. It will generate power passively for the ship to
    which it is attached.

See the GOOP INFO entries for more detailed information!

Enjoy!

Penned by My hand on the 20th of Roarkian, in the year 387 CE.

****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 111****************************

Short Description: the corpse of a baby rat
    Dropped Description: A baby rat timidly moves in the shadows here.
    Extended Description: Because it is so cute, you are rather reluctant to harm this baby rat. Its fur has just begun to grow and it 
    is capable of making only the most pathetic of squeaks.

Artifact Ability:
    Syntax: DOWSE
    When holding this crystal, you can draw on its power to determine if
    there is anything buried in the ground beneath you.

Can Transform: N/A
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tempting! :D

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited July 2014
    If it weren't for someone elses coding, I would never have managed to bash anything bigger than turtles in the swap (Thankyou Iasmos for treant!) I would probably still be hovering around the level 70 mark. I for one, am very thankful that coders are willing to make systems available for the complete coding novice like me.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Arcanis said:

Daraius said:

That'd explain alot!

What's that supposed to mean!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited July 2014
    Blaming systems for deaths is up there with "I died, so it must be bug abuse" or "X skill is overpowered."

The argument that M&M favours the south holds bugger all water, it worked fine for Celestians when Glom was allied to them, and it didn't suddenly start performing miracles for people in Mag when the political shift moved about.

This culture of "anything but me is the reason I died/didn't get a kill/lost a fight" is a self defeating attitude. It's as bad as "my skills suck but yours are OP, nerf."

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I hold more to the opinion, when people tell me my skills are OP, then I'm okay with a nerf, if they nerf theirs too...then most people claim theirs isn't OP and that I don't know what I'm talking about. I mean, I haven't just been here since beta or anything. 
    edited July 2014
    Well, here's the thing. Curing does make a huge difference and believe it or not, it could be the reason some people die easier to some things than others (and why some people/abilities seem more OP than they really are). But a lot of accountability has to fall on you too. You need to be able to keep your eyes peeled and take care of yourself, because some things are not recommended for a system to do for you (eg. earlier focus spirit example). You need to also know your curing theory inside out and be able to look back at a log and see what there is to improve. I'm sure if you sent a well thought out message to your coder, they'd handle the issue.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I meant less the "My system could use a tweak here" things, and more "My system was designed to be bias to x org and x alliance" tinfoil hattery.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Well, I distinctly recall some cries from people from Mag, can't recall exactly who, saying there was a bias when Glom and Mag were enemies, so it's not an isolated event. I'm not saying it's true.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:
    Well, I distinctly recall some cries from people from Mag, can't recall exactly who, saying there was a bias when Glom and Mag were enemies, so it's not an isolated event. I'm not saying it's true.
    Why, of all people, would Mag call that? 
    edited July 2014
    whoops misunderstood. Edited.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
     Charisma     : 13 

8-X
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

This discussion has been closed.