Simple Ideas

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Daganev said:
    Because of this:

Currently, there is 1 Commune Member on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

I'd like an ability to use some mobs in the commune to create a coven of 3 .  Or just maybe a way to do Penumbra without a coven :P

Not too keen on the notion of false covens for balance purposes, but a 10p "on my own" Penumbra alternative would be nice.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Daganev said:
    Because of this:

I'd like an ability to use some mobs in the commune to create a coven of 3 .  Or just maybe a way to do Penumbra without a coven :P

Not too keen on the notion of false covens for balance purposes, but a 10p "on my own" Penumbra alternative would be nice.
    Or maybe even a minor quest.
  • Akyaevin said:
    Combat Stratagems do that. I don't know if they're parsed through the alias system though.
    Relatively (~90%) sure that they are parsed through aliases. I seem to recall using that method to make my stratagems alter my stratagems... before the ability to do that was removed.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Akyaevin said:
    Combat Stratagems do that. I don't know if they're parsed through the alias system though.
    Relatively (~90%) sure that they are parsed through aliases. I seem to recall using that method to make my stratagems alter my stratagems... before the ability to do that was removed.
    Darn, I was trying to figure out how to get my stratagem to cycle through influence attacks  :(
  • Yeah, would be nice if repeat meant it was moved to the bottom instead of just that action being repeated over and over.
  • It shouldn't be hard to achieve with some triggers and simple logic, same as anything else.

• The problem is that they're trying to do it entirely serverside, so they won't have access to triggers. Serverside triggering, that'd be nice, though.

• From previous posts, I figured it was within the HTML5 client, which is pretty portable and capable. So, unless you're on Telnet on your phone...

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Daganev said:
    Karlach said:
    Daganev said:
    Because of this:

Or maybe even a minor quest.
    So long as we can have Ardrak give out lichseeds for when no Necromancers are about!

• How about refined ingredients for trades? They could affect the lifetime and quality of crafted objects, like prestige or warmth for tailoring, or satiation for food. For example.. where a cooking recipe calls for salt, have available "sea salt" or "bamboo salt", prepared earlier using another cooking skill.
  • Iasmos said:

From previous posts, I figured it was within the HTML5 client, which is pretty portable and capable. So, unless you're on Telnet on your phone...

Basically, I'm playing from the train on my commute so losing internet access for a few moments at a time is a common occurance. So sever side is important for me.
  • edited September 2014

Daganev said:
    From previous posts, I figured it was within the HTML5 client, which is pretty portable and capable. So, unless you're on Telnet on your phone...
    Basically, I'm playing from the train on my commute so losing internet access for a few moments at a time is a common occurance. So sever side is important for me.
    I don't know HTML 5 client syntax, but, server-side do:

st inf_tar denizen
    setalias e1 influence &tar with begging
    setalias e2 influence &tar with supplication
    setalias e3 influence &tar with wheedling

Then client-side:

#alias beg=sm add e1;sm add e2;sm add e3;sm add e1;sm add e2;sm add e3;sm add e1;sm add e2;sm add e3

Closest I can get to what you're looking for easily.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Vetala said:
    How about refined ingredients for trades? They could affect the lifetime and quality of crafted objects, like prestige or warmth for tailoring, or satiation for food. For example.. where a cooking recipe calls for salt, have available "sea salt" or "bamboo salt", prepared earlier using another cooking skill.
    And then we go into... how about we have stats on materials and be able to improve them by taking two bits of material and mixing them together, only taking the best of both to get something with improved stats on materials.... and hello, MKO metal smelting is born (The most horrifying system for a forger/blacksmith to ever have to work with)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Should be the trans Aeonics skill. :>
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited September 2014
    Any chance we could have a line added to the use of Laurels (artifact that customizes honors, for those unaware) so we can lessen the confusion newplayers (and returning) sometimes get when they check someone?

A simple line under their customized text of (This player's honors has been modified with the use of a Laurels) or something along that line?

I wouldnt find this very needed if the customizations were of the norm we see, but certain ones can be a bit off-putting.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Arcanis said:
    Any chance we could have a line added to the use of Laurels (artifact that customizes honors, for those unaware) so we can lessen the confusion newplayers (and returning) sometimes get when they check someone?

A simple line under their customized text of (This player's honors has been modified with the use of a Laurels) or something along that line?

I wouldnt find this very needed if the customizations were of the norm we see, but certain ones can be a bit off-putting.
    I think that kind of defeats the point of having a Scroll of Laurels.....

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Make it one of those one-time alerts newbies get when they honors someone with laurels for the first time.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Synkarin said:
    Arcanis said:

I think that kind of defeats the point of having a Scroll of Laurels.....
    Why would it defeat the purpose? The person is still getting their customized shiny personal honors. The only thing added is the line stating how they got it. I mean we already would know how, would it be such an overstep to have it stated too?
  • The laurels was sold as an artifact that allowed people to fully customize what others see in their honours. By putting in a server-generated message that cannot be removed or customized, the original purpose, goal and advantage of the artifact is eroded, and there will likely be people who will want a refund, for good reason too. It no longer does what they bought it to do.

If the purpose is to prevent newbies from being confused, Daraius' suggestion will be perfect. Anyone who hasn't seen a customised honour before will receive a one-time message when they honours someone with laurels, which makes it possible for returning players to be notified of this new feature as well. The ability to fully customize their honours remain with the player who bought the artifact as well. Everyone is happy (except for those who dislike laurels on principle, of course).

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lerad said:
    The laurels was sold as an artifact that allowed people to fully customize what others see in their honours. By putting in a server-generated message that cannot be removed or customized, the original purpose, goal and advantage of the artifact is eroded, and there will likely be people who will want a refund, for good reason too. It no longer does what they bought it to do.

If the purpose is to prevent newbies from being confused, Daraius' suggestion will be perfect. Anyone who hasn't seen a customised honour before will receive a one-time message when they honours someone with laurels, which makes it possible for returning players to be notified of this new feature as well. The ability to fully customize their honours remain with the player who bought the artifact as well. Everyone is happy (except for those who dislike laurels on principle, of course).
    What of those who are indifferent to laurels? WHERE'S OUR HAPPINESS?!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"

• Neos said:
    What of those who are indifferent to laurels? WHERE'S OUR HAPPINESS?!
    Meh.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The Laurels don't remove name, race, or titles. TIME FOR EVERYONE TO DEMAND REFUNDS!

Though, I do see that Daraius's suggestion was put into the game. And the world didn't end.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Can it be possible to change character histories after they've been written or done? Either we get the choice to infinitely rewrite it, or we can get the chance to talk to a Divine/Admin about why we want to.

For example, 'I wrote here that I wasn't part of a family, but I now joined a family so I want to say I am of their family.'

It's not used much, and I'd be tempted to write an official one if I could change it later. Probably you'll get more people using it too and that's always good.
    Retired.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Haezon said:
    Can it be possible to change character histories after they've been written or done? Either we get the choice to infinitely rewrite it, or we can get the chance to talk to a Divine/Admin about why we want to.

For example, 'I wrote here that I wasn't part of a family, but I now joined a family so I want to say I am of their family.'

It's not used much, and I'd be tempted to write an official one if I could change it later. Probably you'll get more people using it too and that's always good.
    When you wrote the history, you weren't part of a family. Any additions would be added to a background chapter, no? I would think that's pretty standard for character development. That said, I don't disagree with the possibility of editing histories a few times to get some details right and proper. (Even though I don't use histories/background)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    How is it that it's harder to get novices started with the giant long, handholding intro than it was when there were no collegiums? Because it feels like it is.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    How is it that it's harder to get novices started with the giant long, handholding intro than it was when there were no collegiums? Because it feels like it is.
    I did a test run of it the other day, and I'll be honest, if I hadn't already been playing, I would have not bothered to continue. The hand holding is really bad, you can't do anything except what they tell you, you can't go anywhere they don't tell you. You can't really explore the lay of the land, and you spend about an hour doing a quest where they tell you what to do. No wonder when I see novices appear they only last ten seconds before leaving, they don't have time for an entire quest.

It's not a good preview of what's ahead. I think it needs to be simpler.
    Retired.