Simple Ideas

Comments

• Give us refunds on those useless ur'Traps! Come on!
    Or let me pay 25 credits to switch it to one that isn't gold.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    can CLASSFLEX FORGET use lessons from lesson pools, please? :( I've transed everything I need in those pools and those lessons are just sitting there.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited August 2014
    I was wondering if the 24 hour respawn for the mouldy cheese could be drastically reduced? One hour for an increase in vermin really isn't so OP it needs such a long cooldown. 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Considering all the things that we can use the ITEMLIST command for, I'd like to see an ITEMLIST FIGURINES command added, would come in handy for those who make/craft bulk amounts of figurines, or those that simply want to powerlevel a figurine.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Kagato said:
    Considering all the things that we can use the ITEMLIST command for, I'd like to see an ITEMLIST FIGURINES command added, would come in handy for those who make/craft bulk amounts of figurines, or those that simply want to powerlevel a figurine.
    I thought that already existed... huh.  It would definitely be a good thing to have.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2014
    Xenthos said:

Kagato said:
    I thought that already existed... huh.  It would definitely be a good thing to have.
    Oh, my mistake! It actually does - it is just not evident when you use ITEMLIST to bring up the list of commands.  Silly me...  (the command is ITEMLIST FIGURINE apparently)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Could shopkeepers get a message when a certain item sells out? Maybe make it a config option so you can decide if you want it or not. This would make my shopkeeping life so much easier.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.

• Rialorm said:
    Could shopkeepers get a message when a certain item sells out? Maybe make it a config option so you can decide if you want it or not. This would make my shopkeeping life so much easier.
    I cannot agree and like this enough to show how very much I would love this addition please.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Can't you just read your shoplog?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Can't you just read your shoplog?
    That means I need to go check for every sale if that one was the one that made a certain item run out. Now if there could be an entry in the shop log that would help too, but it only goes back a week. Message would be nicer as that means you can take 3 weeks of vacation and not worry.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Maybe a helpful syntax could be like "SHOP RECORDS" which will organize a fancy list that updates when prices change or uses their stockroom at all as well as when something sells. If something sells out completely before the next time this list updates it will maintain the very last obj in the stockroom with SOLD OUT or something besides it. Then when you leave your shop it will update with correct information? Example might help:
    <enter shop>
    SHOP RECORD
    ==============
    Item |  Price | # | Status(?) |
    obj1     20g    3     -
    obj2    160g    -   SOLD OUT
    obj3     120g   2    -

Not really a simple idea though but optimism counts?.. heh
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Mostly pointless but fun idea:

It'd be neat if you only had some dreams based on the area in which you were sleeping. Maybe write new dreams to only trigger on such conditions. God realm/temple specific dreams could be pretty nifty!

Related artifact idea:

Vesterra's Locket: Allows a person to create a custom dream that others in the area might get if they're sleeping!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Related artifact idea:

Vesterra's Locket: Allows a person to create a custom dream that others in the area might get if they're sleeping!
    The problem is, how many of us actually still sleep? :P
    Arcanis said:
    Siam said:
    Related artifact idea:

The problem is, how many of us actually still sleep? :P
    An artifact to force sleeping then!

#bringShikariback 

• How about some way for necromancers to detect people out of phase? They can turn into ghosts, after all.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Chockmah? 
  • Might have asked this before, but leg balance on prompt for us monks, pretty please?
    Aetherships should have delf-destruct buttons - for all those instances where slivven get left on-board and multiple modules are at critical damage. 

Ten second countdown is mandatory. More flavour-effects optional.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Vivet said:
    Aetherships should have delf-destruct buttons - for all those instances where slivven get left on-board and multiple modules are at critical damage. 

It'd need something to have a drawback for not spending time clearing house and repairing everything. Like wiping ship reserves to 0% for example.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Or recovery time. I'm pretty sure a ship that just blew itself up won't be interested in launching again right away.
    Ships already have a recovery time after blowing up, it's actually longer than the time you could jump onto a bubble, whistle them, wait and board.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Karlach said:
    Vivet said:

It'd need something to have a drawback for not spending time clearing house and repairing everything. Like wiping ship reserves to 0% for example.
    I thought ship reserves already got wiped to 0 when the ship blows up... hm.
    edited September 2014
    IIRC their current power is reset to 0 (and they need to redraw from their remaining reserves) they have a regeneration period before they can launch and they lose all recorded flashpoints.

Edit: Considering I just had to refuel the fleet and we lost a couple of ships, only one needed a full 100% reserves, so I'm quietly confident on this.

• Last time my ship blew up, it went from close to 100% to around 10%. So while it wasn't entirely lost, it did take a fair chunk of reserves.
    Ssaliss said:
    Last time my ship blew up, it went from close to 100% to around 10%. So while it wasn't entirely lost, it did take a fair chunk of reserves.
    Yeah, I think there might be a discrepancy somewhere. I seem to recall it being as Xenthos said, but it's not the case anymore. There's still power left, it's just variable in how much is lost, in a manner that's not quite obvious right now.
  • A ship's active power is set to 0 on implosion. If the energy reserves are less than 20%, then the reserves are set to 0, otherwise they're reduced to 20% of current.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Ieptix said:
    A ship's active power is set to 0 on implosion. If the energy reserves are less than 20%, then the reserves are set to 0, otherwise they're reduced to 20% of current.
    So if it has 100%, it's set to 20%, and if it's at 50%, it's set to 10%?