Simple Ideas

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Karlach said:
    Attacking divine realm denizens declares you to that Order. However said declare vanishes when you leave the area.

It really shouldn't vanish.
    Do you mean when you leave the Godrealm?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Synkarin said:
    Karlach said:
    Attacking divine realm denizens declares you to that Order. However said declare vanishes when you leave the area.

Yeah. Once you step out the autodeclare you had goes.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Karlach said:
    Synkarin said:
    Karlach said:

This may be a ninja change, because it didn't used to, it lasted just like a normal declare

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Karlach said:
    Synkarin said:
    Karlach said:

This may be a ninja change, because it didn't used to, it lasted just like a normal declare
    I thought that was the case, I remember being able to defend people outside their godrealm after a hit and run raid.

Some people are taking liberties with the fact it doesn't anymore.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Synkarin said:
    Karlach said:
    Synkarin said:
    Karlach said:

Auto-declare based on attacking mobs (both in villages and godrealms, or even defiling) has always been a super-short timer (a fraction of the length of normal declare), so it's really easy to get there after it has already worn off.

I'm not really sure why it was written that way, you'd think it should be the same length.
    Auto attacking guards in villages comes with a timer that lasts a few minutes, same with defile.

They're hitting godrealm mobs and running out seconds later and cannot be hit, it's definately not the same timer length.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Did you hit them at all before they ran out?
    Enyalida said:
    Did you hit them at all before they ran out?
    Oh yeah. They could leave and instantly be untouchable at that.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    It might be a bug. I'd put one in just to be safe.
  • Please extend the 2.noun syntax to dispelling illusions. Example: DISPELL ILLUSION HERE 2.CONCEAL to dispell the second concealment illusion in the room.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Unless I am somehow mistaken, we still can't buy czigany curio pieces whenever we want to. The crates have simply never been made available.

We can buy damage resistance pieces, damage enhancement pieces, travel pieces, magic item pieces, and cooking pieces! Just not the ones that started it all, and the ones that have the absolute least effect on anything outside of aesthetics. Which is rather silly.

Can we please have czigany curio crates available for general sale?

• edited July 2014
    Rivius said:
    Bug it he says..... ha... haha.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Malarious said:
    Rivius said:
    Bug it he says..... ha... haha.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Ah Iosai, you are truly missed.
  • Seriously I dont know why villages have to become 'loyal npcs' to the city that governs them when it takes over. Villages are a big part of Lusternia and suddenly becoming restricted from entering "X" village because "Y" city won it's last revolt is just bogus. Furthermore, cutting off a village and all its quest-relates npcs from half the playerbase is just unfair.

In the past the cities used to even completely statue-up a village and add guards at the exits (before the changes to guards and power consumption were later adjusted). Should we really feel the need to completely shut off areas from the game, and simply because "we dont want them influencing them in their favor". Frankly I'd prefer that feature be removed, rather than have a village cut off.

Cities can still kill enemies in their village-owned areas, im not saying against that, im saying that to fortify up and prevent players from entering is just wrong (especially the main reason being influencing so they can keep it). Additionally, the city also has to waste resources on statues and guards (for those still bothering with that) and have to listen to cries of help from any village npc that is struck, which is much the case with metal ores from dwarf miner corpses.

End point, I say disconnect the villages and cities/communes.
    What changes to guards and power consumption? I think most orgs just stopped bothering because it doesn't really matter if enemies are in the village (not really, at least, it takes a LOT of influencing to change feelings), and the guards didn't stop a dedicated infiltrator anyways, especially if they have access to stealth in their org.
    Makes me wonder why you've 40 Moondancer guards in Paavik then :p

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    You know I asked the same thing

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Yeah, me too.
  • If that were the case, it'd have to be about 300 in order to never stop.
    That's basically why guards are around in some orgs, afaik. Especially the cities with fewer entrances (like Hallifax's 1) where you can use statues and gust/whirlwind/scissor spam to disperse and lock down enemies while you just... go summon some guards, all that assuming that anyone has the reason to raid you on Prime.
    Hallifax has two entrances.

Two forks to the same room, iirc.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Three entrances, all different.
  • There's the one going to the mountains, the one going down to Emerald Road and then the elevator thing. Right?
    Does Gaudiguch have the fewest number of entrances then, at two?
    Yes it does, and I forgot the elevator for Halli.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    A certain person has deliberately placed guards for the sole purpose of influencing them. There was 70 at the moonhart tree at one point, I think?

Mag has guards on earth because the power wasn't being used, and I admit, seeing the unwary essence thief die to them is highly entertaining.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ushaara said:
    Three entrances, all different.
    Never mind having sprint and running through a guard stack at one of those three entrances, too.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.