Simple Ideas

Comments

• Brona said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Brona said:
    Give viscanti a racial spec for Ninjakari.
    And then give the same for merian, faeling (<--- hah! More op faeling monks), elfen... and when they come out, trill/lucidian and dracnari

Not really. Stealth monks at least get the illithoid spec, which is a pretty good race for it. Harmony monks getting a spec for kephera is... entertaining at best, considering a female keph has ridiculous stats for monk... and males aren't even close to where a thoid can go.
    I don't like the idea of forcing someone to buy a race hat to be the dominate RP race within Magnagora.  Not to mention the city is racist / elitist.  Why shouldn't the supreme race have a spec for monk?
    I think a lot of people don't appreciate that aspect of the city. Our pantheon sees themselves as having been betrayed by their own when they were cast out for trying to save reality. Predominantly due to that being exactly what happened but also because reasons.

So our gods don't play nice with the races that formed from the shards of their betrayers. So it ends up creating a very racist culture in that the totality of certain races are condemned by the actions of their progenitors. Which probably makes it more of a history-ist, or origin-ist than race-ist but the effect is the same. A group of people is condemned for reasons that have little to nothing to do with them.

No strong feeling on viscanti spec race though. RP aside, viscanti just aren't going to be awesome regardless because their racial buffs were set before the damage type explosion which decreases their helpfulness while keeping the painful sip penalty. Cutting, blunt and magic defense used to cover the vast majority of attacks. These days, not so much.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Viscanti monks will just be like all other Viscanti, completely inferior in every way to non org races + a hat.

They're quite possibly the worst org race in the game, though I'm sure someone will argue for Dracnari being rather terrible.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Unless you're a Minstrel or something. That alchohol tolerance is good stuff.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Brona said:
    Give viscanti a racial spec for Ninjakari.
    And then give the same for merian, faeling (<--- hah! More op faeling monks), elfen... and when they come out, trill/lucidian and dracnari

Not really. Stealth monks at least get the illithoid spec, which is a pretty good race for it. Harmony monks getting a spec for kephera is... entertaining at best, considering a female keph has ridiculous stats for monk... and males aren't even close to where a thoid can go.
    Actually, Male Keph has one of the best kits for a monk. Level 3 physical resist on a harmony monk? Good luck to warriors. Illithoid have more con, but don't have a resist that is anywhere near equivalent. Sure, the poison weakness is big considering harmony monks usually go up against Glom/Mag, but it's not much different from Illithoid's weakness to magic... which every org has, anyway.

Cutting resistance doesn't affect wounding IIRC, just the actual health damage from the strikes.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yep, which makes Viscanti even more useless, because they have such shitty dexterity, and will always be getting hit for high wounds (Oh, but the warriors won't do high damage!!!1!! Like that matters), but people put stock into their resistances like they are meaningful outside of bashing.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Silvanus said:
    Yep, which makes Viscanti even more useless, because they have such shitty dexterity, and will always be getting hit for high wounds (Oh, but the warriors won't do high damage!!!1!! Like that matters), but people put stock into their resistances like they are meaningful outside of bashing.
    I always found it peculiar that Viscanti seem to be 'diminished' in their stats when according to lore logic, they should be an 'enhanced' concept of a mortal race. The tainted, as it was suggested in the lore, became more powerful at the touch of the taint, and so it only stands to reason to assume their breeding brought  forth a strong race, yet Viscanti leaves so much to be wanted..
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    Silvanus said:
    I always found it peculiar that Viscanti seem to be 'diminished' in their stats when according to lore logic, they should be an 'enhanced' concept of a mortal race. The tainted, as it was suggested in the lore, became more powerful at the touch of the taint, and so it only stands to reason to assume their breeding brought  forth a strong race, yet Viscanti leaves so much to be wanted..
    It's just the adrenaline rush of being tainted. Otherwise, they end up weak and slow.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    That's the sweet irony that any Celestian could put to good use. Viscanti suck for being tainted, and their stats show it!

• Random mutations causing a degradation of the strength and integrity of the original subject makes perfect sense to me.  ;))
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • RP = handicap, right?
  • Nope. That's a fallacy (known as the Stormwind Fallacy in RPG optimization circles). While a handicap can be an excellent source of RP, it does not automatically equate to RP. And there's honestly no RP tied to Viscanti being stiff planks when it comes to dexterity. At least that I've seen.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Why do you think I suck as a trill Serenguard?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited July 2014
    Should have founded Feyranti as a Furrikin/Faeling family...

edit: I'm joking!  I am very happy with the Viscanti RP in my family.  Just not the racial stats.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I would appreciate a new library command.

LIBRARY SCORING <ORG>

Gives a list of all books that are currently providing points to that library's recent book scores, as seen on LIBRARIES.

You could also just make it a new filter for BROWSE.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I think Demesne users should receive the ability to CONCENTRATE their effects, like chemantics and -wood users, so that their effects can all occur at the same time. Frankly we all know this is what demesne users strive for and it is why most have scripts that fire effect after effect every 10 seconds..I personally dont see why the players need to go through this process if we can simply introduce the same concept of Concentrating (or focusing) them like the chemantic users have.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Arcanis said:
    I think Demesne users should receive the ability to CONCENTRATE their effects, like chemantics and -wood users, so that their effects can all occur at the same time. Frankly we all know this is what demesne users strive for and it is why most have scripts that fire effect after effect every 10 seconds..I personally dont see why the players need to go through this process if we can simply introduce the same concept of Concentrating (or focusing) them like the chemantic users have.
    This already exists, the power that puts up all effects at once will now time them as well if they are all active (iirc, at least).
  • Xenthos said:
    Arcanis said:
    I think Demesne users should receive the ability to CONCENTRATE their effects, like chemantics and -wood users, so that their effects can all occur at the same time. Frankly we all know this is what demesne users strive for and it is why most have scripts that fire effect after effect every 10 seconds..I personally dont see why the players need to go through this process if we can simply introduce the same concept of Concentrating (or focusing) them like the chemantic users have.
    This already exists, the power that puts up all effects at once will now time them as well if they are all active (iirc, at least).
    right but it costs 8 power to use and will put the effects up for less time than if done manually for each. (unless there was some change I didnt know about)
  • You can use that ability in two ways: Either you do it without casting any of the effects beforehand, in which case it'll put them all up synced at a reduced time (I think 1/3, but I haven't played with it for a while). Or, you can cast it once all the effects are up, which will both sync and extend all (or nearly all) effects to their max duration.
  • So basically, 16p to go from no effects to fully sync'd and maxxed duration, without need of a system. Hrm, well, not too bad a deal, all in all.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Do all of them raise all the effects? I know Flashflood originally didn't, but now does, but can't recall about the others.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'm fairly sure Pyromancy Conflagrate doesn't raise Mirage, and I'd assume there are a couple of other things not done by it, but it should raise most.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you raise the effects seperately and then cast your "all at once" skill, it tunes them to hit at the same time plus the timer is greatly raised over if you had just cast them all at once.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited July 2014
    You don't need a system to time effects together, I do it manually any time I'm not prepping in a pinch.

EDIT: The reason concentrating was put in for woodchems (IIRC, at my request/report) was because, unlike demesne users, once an effect is started, the woodchem cannot recast it for a more favorible timing, while demesne users can at no cost.
  • Enyalida said:
    You don't need a system to time effects together, I do it manually any time I'm not prepping in a pinch.

EDIT: The reason concentrating was put in for woodchems (IIRC, at my request/report) was because, unlike demesne users, once an effect is started, the woodchem cannot recast it for a more favorible timing, while demesne users can at no cost.
    but I think, in this case, rather than the player sitting there counting 10 seconds before putting up another each effect, it would be much more reasonable to simply have a Command that focuses all the effects to strike at once. Is it too much to ask for though? I mean we already strive for this with scripts and, as was said, counting, which I really dont think is worth the trouble.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    Enyalida said:

but I think, in this case, rather than the player sitting there counting 10 seconds before putting up another each effect, it would be much more reasonable to simply have a Command that focuses all the effects to strike at once. Is it too much to ask for though? I mean we already strive for this with scripts and, as was said, counting, which I really dont think is worth the trouble.
    You don't count to 10. You raise your visible tic effect - mushrooms for druids, westwind for aeros, etc... and then when you see the line, raise another effect. Keep going until all effects are up, then recast your mushrooms/etc to align them with the rest. Success.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2014
    or just throw all effects up asap and then use your 8p move to synch them at max time. 

Demesne effects are different than chem effects in that they hit all enemies, not just 1 person, making them more powerful and thus, I think the current set up is fine

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I would really like OWHO to not break enchanting. None of the other -WHO variants do. And I forget that it does constantly.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tacita said:
    I would really like OWHO to not break enchanting. None of the other -WHO variants do. And I forget that it does constantly.
    EWHO also, pretty please!

Attacking divine realm denizens declares you to that Order. However said declare vanishes when you leave the area.

It really shouldn't vanish.