Simple Ideas

Comments

• Iytha said:
    New constructs!

For Celest and Magnagora: A Cleansing Pool and a Sewage Outflow which respectively give the following benefits:
    -All citizens may enter the sewers freely, even if they lack the required skill.
    -Citizens are protected from Muud while inside the city sewer system.
    -At the center of the sewer system, there is a hole that can be entered for transport to/from the construct on the aetherbubble.
    -Citizens receive level 3 regeneration while in the city and allied villages.

For Serenwilde and Glomdoring: A Wild Larch and a Wyrden Mangrove.
    -All citizens may climb trees freely, even if they lack the required skill.
    -Commune members are protected from falling out of trees in when the commune.
    -Somewhere in the commune, there is a special tree that can be touched for transport to/from the construct on the aetherbubble.
    -Commune members receive level 3 regeneration while in the commune and allied villages.

For Gaudiguch and Hallifax: A Heavenly Rope and a Dimensional Elevator
    -All citizens may climb onto rooftops freely, even if they lack the required skill.
    -Citizens are protected from falling off of rooftops while in the city. Also, Hallifax gets set to actually have rooftops I guess.
    -In the market, there is a dangling rope that can be pulled for transport to/from the construct on the aetherbubble.
    I don't think they'd get used in general. There is so little benefit for using rooftops. So little I bet you wouldn't suggest it for Celest.
  • all tattooists should be able to view the designs of tattoos on uncovered bodyparts. -just- the designs mind you. 

They should also be able to sense if a person if wearing tattoos on a bodypart (via ka energy)  but not what powers are imbued within each tattoo exactly.

And people should be able to DISPLAY <tattoo id> to show off the design on uncovered and favored tattoos. As a tattooist, it's strange to not be able to view the tattoo designs you've -just- tattoo'd on another person, or the tattoo designs on yourself.

by designs I mean the tattoo description. what it looks like.

Hope that made sense.
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited October 2014
    TATTOOS SHOW *PERSON* 
  • edited October 2014
    If the addition of the current date during book editing could be toggled as a config option, I would be -so happy-

Edit: I would be very nearly as happy with no toggle and no automatic addition of the date.
  • Heyyy

how about when you do your clan who it shows members even if they have a gem

like they show on your org whos

It's true, I really am you.
  • Naime said:
    Heyyy how about when you do your clan who it shows members even if they have a gem like they show on your org whos
    I can see this being problematic in clans like Something Monkish, which have members from competing organizations in them.
  • Zitto said:

Naime said:

Heyyy

how about when you do your clan who it shows members even if they have a gem

like they show on your org whos

I can see this being problematic in clans like Something Monkish, which have members from competing organizations in them.

Darn, that didn't occur to me :/

good point

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Those clans could set a toggle like secret, then?
  • Steingrim said:
    Iytha said:
    New constructs!

For Celest and Magnagora: A Cleansing Pool and a Sewage Outflow which respectively give the following benefits:
    -All citizens may enter the sewers freely, even if they lack the required skill.
    -Citizens are protected from Muud while inside the city sewer system.
    -At the center of the sewer system, there is a hole that can be entered for transport to/from the construct on the aetherbubble.

For Serenwilde and Glomdoring: A Wild Larch and a Wyrden Mangrove.
    -All citizens may climb trees freely, even if they lack the required skill.
    -Commune members are protected from falling out of trees in when the commune.
    -Somewhere in the commune, there is a special tree that can be touched for transport to/from the construct on the aetherbubble.
    -Commune members receive level 3 regeneration while in the commune and allied villages.

For Gaudiguch and Hallifax: A Heavenly Rope and a Dimensional Elevator
    -All citizens may climb onto rooftops freely, even if they lack the required skill.
    -Citizens are protected from falling off of rooftops while in the city. Also, Hallifax gets set to actually have rooftops I guess.
    -In the market, there is a dangling rope that can be pulled for transport to/from the construct on the aetherbubble.
    I don't think they'd get used in general. There is so little benefit for using rooftops. So little I bet you wouldn't suggest it for Celest.
    Admittedly, the Hallifax/Gaudiguch one was the weakest. I couldn't think of a better idea for what they'd have other than giving them sewers too.
  • Would it be possible to add a command to filter the library by books written by current commune / city members? This would be a great help in selecting future prestige submissions. Being able to browse through it backwards would be nice as well, starting at the most recent book and work your way upwards. Again that'd help in selecting prestige works.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    edited October 2014
    With the advent of classflexing, could we get gmcp to show our current class? e.g., gmcp.Char.Status.class = "Paladins"
  • Give the option to GRADUATE from the newbie tour? Don't make it a pop up for people, just something older players would know about from reading news/changelogs

That'd be awesome.
  • Please make it possible to dessicate spiked heads.
  • Mimie said:
    Give the option to GRADUATE from the newbie tour? Don't make it a pop up for people, just something older players would know about from reading news/changelogs That'd be awesome.
    Just give new people a choice to go on the tour or not in the first place. How about also giving people the option of being able to take the tour again without having to make a new character.
    Retired.
  • Admins can restart your intro already
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Kelly said:
    With the advent of classflexing, could we get gmcp to show our current class? e.g., gmcp.Char.Status.class = "Paladins"
    It's easy enough to get that from your skillset though.
  • Any chance we could get the option in the Referendum command to start one that calculates votes based on vote weight? This would be in the intention that we wish to know from the active members (rather than members that just sign in to vote) what their preference to the current choices for their org are.
  • I think a better idea would be to tie referendum (and election) votes to the registration and not to the character. While kinda OOC, it would limit the amount of alt-voting. Frankly, I'd love to see more things tied to registration as well, such as bug reports.
  • Can we get crow cloaks made useable by Glomdoring only? Hallifax hasn't got anything useful to steal so it's hard to retaliate :(
    Retired.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Haezon said:
    Can we get crow cloaks made useable by Glomdoring only? Hallifax hasn't got anything useful to steal so it's hard to retaliate :(
    Sure, if you'll give 4/6 of the orgs a village that 2/6 can't influence most of, or give 4/6 of the orgs a way to influence the dead.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Haezon said:

Can we get crow cloaks made useable by Glomdoring only? Hallifax hasn't got anything useful to steal so it's hard to retaliate :(

Do not let this happen, twisting politics is a good thing.

And Hallifax has Nott, face it all the cool stuff in Glom ends up in Hallifax eventually.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arcanis said:
    Any chance we could get the option in the Referendum command to start one that calculates votes based on vote weight? This would be in the intention that we wish to know from the active members (rather than members that just sign in to vote) what their preference to the current choices for their org are.
    I'd actually say that making referendums only available to those with 6 vote weight or more would be a good idea.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Can we make a toggle for the email notification for messages only fire for messages sent by people? (ie. not system messages)
  • Rivius said:

Can we make a toggle for the email notification for messages only fire for messages sent by people? (ie. not system messages)

How do you activate this?

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

Haezon said:

Welcome to commune vs. cities. Communes are harder to defend with their porus borders... and there isn't ever anything to hit in a city, like totems. The only 'retaliation' is escalation, which hurts the communes way more than the cities, so it's utterly self-defeating.
  • Small thing about election mechanics, can we make it so that when an election starts, anyone who joins the commune/city after it cannot vote in it? I don't think it's fair a person can join or come back for the duration of an election to vote for who they want then leave.
    Retired.
  • I'm not sure that's a big issue, really... Does it happen? Perhaps occasionally. I doubt it happens enough to be a problem though.
  • Ssaliss said:
    I'm not sure that's a big issue, really... Does it happen? Perhaps occasionally. I doubt it happens enough to be a problem though.
    One vote can change things.
    Retired.