Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    If they were undoing the original, then yes. But they are undoing what ended up growing into a bloated, unwieldy, broken system that was no longer able to be maintained. It doesn't resemble the original as much anymore.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ye gods tarot deck decaying on you sucks.  For any programmer/balancing/whatever admins that read this, if willpower/endurance is looking to go the way of the dodo, is there a chance that in the meantime non-combat skills (such as inscribing tarot) can have the decimal point on the willpower cost moved to the left a place or two?
  • Everiine said:
    If they were undoing the original, then yes. But they are undoing what ended up growing into a bloated, unwieldy, broken system that was no longer able to be maintained. It doesn't resemble the original as much anymore.
    Ah, I see, if what it is now is not the original intention then I understand what they're doing. Still, interesting, and what about all the people who have brought systems?
    Retired.
  • Haezon said:
    Everiine said:
    Ah, I see, if what it is now is not the original intention then I understand what they're doing. Still, interesting, and what about all the people who have brought systems?
    Honestly? While it sucks for them, they can't really be a consideration. Making combat "simpler" is, at least to me, the more important factor. Yes, the people who bought systems that won't include the overhaul afflictions will probably be a bit upset, but what's possibly the biggest system out there (M&M) will be updated to account for that, so at least those people won't be left out. And the rest of the players will either have to get a new system, or build their own (and having a far easier time doing so due to the affs being clearly listed, with all relevant lines).
  • With the slow introduction and keeping all the trigger lines the same it seems they are trying to be thoughtful of the player base. 

Ultimately though, old outdated systems are old and outdated. In a dynamic and ever changing game like this, if no one is taking care of it then it is just a matter of time before it is obsolete. It's just not reasonable to expect them to cater to people's systems, slow internet connections or personal computers from the 1980's. 

You either get with the times or you get left behind (a fact of life not even remotely limited to Lusternia).

• Mimie said:
    So I looked on iron realms, and I saw no scripts I could use for the lusty client, can anyone point me towards a stash?
    I plan on doing stuff eventually, maybe.  MKO has a fully system for the web and I'm trying to learn from that.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Daganev said:

I plan on doing stuff eventually, maybe.  MKO has a fully system for the web and I'm trying to learn from that.
    Matawa is pretty awesome, free, and has an amazing amount of subbing to cut down on spam during hunting/combat.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Daganev said:

Matawa is pretty awesome, free, and has an amazing amount of subbing to cut down on spam during hunting/combat.
    Matawa is for mudlet.  I'm talking about Darkstar which is new and for the html5 client.  I don't know if it's good or not, but I'm using it to learn how the code works since the help files are bit lacking.
  • edited October 2014
    if i rubbed multiple beauty enchantments would I recieve more regen? just a random thought
    No.
  • I thought there was an artifact which was paired ,meaning you gave half of it to somebody else to be used together.  I can't remember what it did, or if was even a Lusternia artifact or another game.  Anyone know what I'm thinking of, and if so which help file it's listed in? 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daganev said:
    I thought there was an artifact which was paired ,meaning you gave half of it to somebody else to be used together.  I can't remember what it did, or if was even a Lusternia artifact or another game.  Anyone know what I'm thinking of, and if so which help file it's listed in? 
    Promise rings if memory serves? Auction-only artifact that makes teleporting between two people faster and free? I'm not certain on what all it does, but it does affect teleport between the two people.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited October 2014
    EDIT: Note to self: Remember to close tabs after you have read them through so you don't get confused by thinking what you read wasn't just posted, when, in fact, it was posted an hour ago. D'oh!
    Stupid question, did a quick forum search and didn't see if someone else had already asked this.  If I were to purchase multiple infinite tarot card artifacts (say 3, for the sake of this discussion) then I could have three infinite cards then, yes?  This seems really obvious the more I"m thinking about it, but hitting post anyways XD
  • Tarkenton said:
    Stupid question, did a quick forum search and didn't see if someone else had already asked this.  If I were to purchase multiple infinite tarot card artifacts (say 3, for the sake of this discussion) then I could have three infinite cards then, yes?  This seems really obvious the more I"m thinking about it, but hitting post anyways XD
    I believe someone said that you get one card infinite times but you can't change what that card is.  So if you only use 3 cards often, then you'll get 3 different cards.
  • Each tarot card can be tuned to one card, providing infinite of that card. The tuning can also be changed once per IG month or year or something, I don't remember the time interval right now.

So yes, if you were to buy three cards, you could have unlimited numbers of three different tarot types.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Awesome, now to email Estarra.

Thanks for the quick reply Ieptix!
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited October 2014
    You examine a base of dove-grey feathers curio piece of the Dove-Grey Feathers 
    Curio Set carefully, before carefully touching it to a partial dove-grey 
    feathers curio piece of the Dove-Grey Feathers Curio Set. A brief flash of light 
    reveals that the two pieces have joined together, finally completing downy, dove-
    grey feathers.

Edit: I'm willing to trade this if anyone has a complete Long White Hair curio!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Like.. I know I should be finishing up my Year In Review, but.. Who's going to stop the darkspawn horde if I don't?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Also, Ambassadors mechanically aren't able to unenemy people, right? We only have DIPLOMACY SUMMARY, right? There's not some DIPLOMACY syntax I'm overlooking? :|
    I used to make cakes.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    Also, Ambassadors mechanically aren't able to unenemy people, right? We only have DIPLOMACY SUMMARY, right? There's not some DIPLOMACY syntax I'm overlooking? :|
    No. Enemying/unenemying people isn't something Ambassadors are mechanically supposed to. It was mostly thrown onto them because they aren't supposed to be for anything else besides helping newbies, and -someone- has to do it. Most orgs make their ambassador an honourary security just so they can unenemy people.

As you're not able to be security, I'd advise you either pick a lot of active, trustworthy security to help you out, or join a guild and skillflex back to Tahtetso.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Selenity used Friendly!
    ... it's not very effective.

@Gabriella used Monotone!
    No effect!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Everiine said:
    Admin interactions make this game awesome :) .
    I like it when npcs get possessed. Or even non-npcs! There was this one time where me, and @Rialorm ended up rping with crickets and buckets. That was fun.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

One of my fondest is still playing tag with the centaur colts. So much fun!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• so um, i took someone hunting and now I am snubbed? :-/
    From what I hear, you are absolutely right.

Aetherhunt!
    I used to make cakes.

This discussion has been closed.