Simple Ideas

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sheesh guys, stop fighting over crow cloaks. Hallifax, you make your own faux crow pigeon cloaks. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Hmm. A bit bigger than a "simple idea", perhaps, but an expansion to landmarks:

The ability to use landmarks beyond the 50-room radius between specific places. For instance, each nexus and village obelisk would have paths to the other nexii and obelixises already calculated, and if you stand at any of these and try to PATH WALK to another, you'd be able to do so even if they're more than 50 rooms away. Perhaps also add in the aetherplex and Avechna.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ssaliss said:
    Hmm. A bit bigger than a "simple idea", perhaps, but an expansion to landmarks:

The ability to use landmarks beyond the 50-room radius between specific places. For instance, each nexus and village obelisk would have paths to the other nexii and obelixises already calculated, and if you stand at any of these and try to PATH WALK to another, you'd be able to do so even if they're more than 50 rooms away. Perhaps also add in the aetherplex and Avechna.
    Seconding this. Imperian and MKO both have this, and it's handy like you wouldn't believe.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I highly doubt people are going to flock to the forest just to vote and leave.

Myself included

It's true, I really am you.
  • Haezon said:
    Ssaliss said:
    I'm not sure that's a big issue, really... Does it happen? Perhaps occasionally. I doubt it happens enough to be a problem though.
    One vote can change things.
    I thought it was pretty common practice not to advance people to a rank where they can vote after an election started. That would be a much easier solution.

• It's a commune election

It's true, I really am you.
  • edited October 2014
    -deleted-
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Steingrim said:

Man, Shaddus is amazing. I'm glad he's back.

Me too.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Can we have a command for trademasters that show all of the Cartel's accepted designs? DESIGN LIST only shows the pending ones.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Siam said:
    Can we have a command for trademasters that show all of the Cartel's accepted designs? DESIGN LIST only shows the pending ones.
    Every member of a cartel can view that cartel's catalogue, which does exactly that - show all the accepted designs.

CARTEL <cartel> CATALOGUE - to see all cartel designs

Lavinya said:

Siam said:
    Every member of a cartel can view that cartel's catalogue, which does exactly that - show all the accepted designs.

CARTEL <cartel> CATALOGUE - to see all cartel designs
    MY SAVIOR. @Lavinya.

#bringShikariback 

• A toggle for Acquisitio: RUB/CHANT ACQUISITIO CORPSES. Would only use the "automatically picks corpses up after they're killed" part of Acquisitio, removing the automatic getting of items. RUB/CHANT ACQUISITIO ON would function like Acquisitio does now.
  • Another relatively simple idea: Make aliases able to do several commands. For instance, SETALIAS MULTIWHO GWHO | CWHO | BWHO would check GWHO, CWHO and BWHO all at once. In case of stupidity, each of those would trigger it independently.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Another relatively simple idea: Make aliases able to do several commands. For instance, SETALIAS MULTIWHO GWHO | CWHO | BWHO would check GWHO, CWHO and BWHO all at once. In case of stupidity, each of those would trigger it independently.
    You can do that with  SETALIAS MULTIWHO STRATAGEM ADD GWHO|CWHO|BWHO
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daganev said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Another relatively simple idea: Make aliases able to do several commands. For instance, SETALIAS MULTIWHO GWHO | CWHO | BWHO would check GWHO, CWHO and BWHO all at once. In case of stupidity, each of those would trigger it independently.
    You can do that with  SETALIAS MULTIWHO STRATAGEM ADD GWHO|CWHO|BWHO
    Provided you have stratagem available. Not everyone does and people that use aliases tend to not be omnitrans.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited October 2014
    Also, using a multi-alias to, for instance, outr and eat an herb wouldn't really work as a stratagem...

Well, at least not efficiently. It'd kinda suck in a combat system.

• Pectus said:
    Well I was going to make a separate post about this, but the forums decided to screw me over. Ahem.

Can we make it so cities have to approve a homestead being added to the city before it's added? Kinda like how the city has to accept it when a new great house wants to be listed as the city's. I know the admin have to approve it, but it seems like being able to tack a homestead onto a city when your own RP may or may not have anything to do with said city just interferes with RP.

Don't get me wrong though! I love the idea of homesteads.
    @Annick Can you elaborate on why you disagree? I wanna see if someone else has another idea.

• Ssaliss said:
    Also, using a multi-alias to, for instance, outr and eat an herb wouldn't really work as a stratagem...

I disagree. Performing multiple free eq actions via stratagem can be very valuable in combat. For example I've been in situations where I out decked a card and with lag the target was out the room before I could toss. Or my beast attack hitting but mine has no target. You could even out rift a sparkleberry but try to eat it when you are dead.

Entering a single command that will play out a series of actions that will all hit at once regardless of lag or client meltdown is awesomesauce.

• Pectus said:
    Well I was going to make a separate post about this, but the forums decided to screw me over. Ahem.

Can we make it so cities have to approve a homestead being added to the city before it's added? Kinda like how the city has to accept it when a new great house wants to be listed as the city's. I know the admin have to approve it, but it seems like being able to tack a homestead onto a city when your own RP may or may not have anything to do with said city just interferes with RP.

Don't get me wrong though! I love the idea of homesteads.
    The only reason I disagree with this is because it has to go through admin approval first just like any changes with the city/commune has to go through. It costs a lot of credits to get a homestead, not even on par with what it costs the city to make changes or get additions so why should it be left to other players if they want to let another set of players have their homestead or not. I am sorry but some players are dicks to eachother and will block another player simply because they do not like them (I mean this in the least offensive way as possible but I have seen a lot of stuff happen). if it were just the matter of spending gold, fine, but this is telling me what I can and cannot spend credits on or if you do not like how I design or you do not like my layout. there may be actual RP reasons for the way things were done the way they were done.

D'Cente does not have a homestead, it is in the works but we are taking our sweet time with it to make sure we get what we want and that it is not rushed or anything like that. I would not foresee Mag rejecting our homestead because it would be Arimisia asking, but it if were say Munsia asking, I could see people telling her no because it is her. Also, I would not want to present all my plans and layout to the council before we actually get the admin approval on the project, not only that, do I not want other people's fingers in the project.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Arimisia I get what you're saying, but @Pectus has a slight point, too. You elect your CL to be impartial, and expect them to be so. While you're right, some people hold a grudge against Munsia, with Ari presenting it it should not be as big of a problem.

I don't know, it just seems like the city should also have a say when something like that would be added, and if the homestead is going to be anything like your crazy huge ship, we can expect it to be at least 150+ rooms. Maybe even a referendum to the GMs could work there, since it is an addition to the city. You also have to add historical relevance, because just building a home suddenly doesn't seem very Lusternian, especially for a house that (and I mean no offence by this at all) just hit Great House. I don't know, I think if it was near the city, like right out of it, near the Blasted Lands entrance or on the main highway, it could easily go through with just admin approval, but if it's actually in the city maybe the city leaders should have a say.

But that's just my thoughts on it.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    I don't know, it just seems like the city should also have a say when something like that would be added, and if the homestead is going to be anything like your crazy huge ship, we can expect it to be at least 150+ rooms.

umm even Munsia and I cannot come up with that many credit... 150 rooms would be lets break this down..

first 5 rooms is 1000 credits, each additional is 150 so 150 - 5 = 145 * 150 = 21,750 + 1000 (the initial 5 rooms) = 22,750 cr. ya no.. got better things to spend on than just that... that would would take -forever-. And frankly, I am not going to give the council my whole design to sit there and nitpick over, it is the admins responsibility to make sure that the homestead fits in with the city or commune it is going into. I am not even sure why this is an issue, the price on these is pretty high they are not going to be HUGE not even mine it is not going to be like doubling the size of the city and if it were I would talk it over wit hthe city simply because it would be a city expansion project, but in this case its not, it is a family project and to kinda just have our mark.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Because RP is a thing. And it should be. It shouldn't be a matter of the person with the most credits being able to alter a city (and let's face it, in so doing it can also impact it's history. A non-historical great house suddenly having an estate in Mag? Who would have approved that ICly??). I do trust our divine, but I'm of the impression they are approving/checking the particulars of a Homestead, not actually whether one is allowed in an org. Personally I would have liked it better if all homesteads were close to an org but outside it. I'm not picking on your intentions, @Arimisia, just using you as an example. Should people with credit be able to steamroll over a city's aesthetics and history? (And all the other players in it). That is the question, really.

• edited October 2014
    Instead of having to be approved by a city then, what if it was only allowed to be added to an org if the person (The mechianical owner) in question is head of a great house connected to the org? If a family is accepted by the org, then they generally follow the RP of said org.

But outside of orgs they could just be whatever the heck.

Because I just.. It may seem biased, but the homesteads I've seen people plan range from one worth about $300, to the largest one I know of in planning which will be worth about $2500 in credits. And letting that many credits steamroll into a city and add whatever the heck without the city even being consulted just.. It ends up being a matter of credits/cash > RP again. So I'm hoping some kind of org-based approval process is at least considered.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    The amount of time/money put into Homesteads should make it allowed to put it where we desire. Over the self righteous selfishness, people. Some of you that have 'historical great houses' are just tools anyway
  • edited October 2014

Munsia said:
    The amount of time/money put into Homesteads should make it allowed to put it where we desire. Over the self righteous selfishness, people. Some of you that have 'historical great houses' are just tools anyway

Putting money into the game should NOT mean you get to put it where-ever you want and just brush RP away. That's the entire point.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

I see where both parties are coming from on this, but I honestly side with Munsia and Arimisia more.

Firstly, I think it's vaguely insulting to insinuate that the admin can't/won't exercise any oversight over the content being scrutinised/approved. Everyone who I've talked to who is planning one of these things is absolutely agonising over all the details, going into RL months of planning even if they already have all their credits lined up and available. We haven't even seen a single homestead purchased after what, four months, half a year? However long. You're all making assumptions.

I can say that it has been stated that in Hallifax, at least, homesteads would be expected to respect the relative station or caste of the owner, especially if it is intended for a family to make full use of. This, to me, means that you can't just do whatever, wherever you want. I'm also guessing that if, for example, Windwhisper tries to set up a homestead within the Shevat Gallery for fun and giggles, that would also get them a big fat DENIED stamp to the face.

I would never, ever side with any suggestion that players be able to approve/deny the homesteads of others unless it is in a very, very limited fashion (as in, they don't even has access to any such command, but might have a limited time frame to submit concerns to whatever admin is in charge). Right now I'm imagining some sort of process similar to approving an ascendant, where each Council Member needs to give a thumbs up, but will lead to issues with all the leaders not being active, or SnottyNobleTeehee doesn't like Lavinya and just comes up with a constant stream of reasons not to approve her homestead ("There are far too many cogs in your room designs! Cogs are a terrible symbol and motif for Magnagora, contrary to its present overuse. DENIED.")

At the end of the day, we'll have to see what can and will be approved in order to pass judgement on this. And if nothing else, this really doesn't constitute a "simple idea".

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Llandros said:
    Ssaliss said:

I disagree. Performing multiple free eq actions via stratagem can be very valuable in combat. For example I've been in situations where I out decked a card and with lag the target was out the room before I could toss. Or my beast attack hitting but mine has no target. You could even out rift a sparkleberry but try to eat it when you are dead.

Entering a single command that will play out a series of actions that will all hit at once regardless of lag or client meltdown is awesomesauce.
    Forgetting one minor thing. Stratagem waits for balance to perform actions, even the free modifier doesn't make it happen. On that note, using stratagem to outr a herb and eat the herb (When you can do both off-balance) doesn't work all that great with stratagems, or do you intend to have a curing system that will cure only when the character is on balance? Not exactly the most productive way to handle it, I don't think.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I would also postulate that a lot of Munsia and Arimisia's credits come from smart handling of in game gold that they use to purchase on the credit market rather than funneling their own money into this enterprise. They certainly have the time, the inclination and the capability of hunting out hundreds of thousands of sovereigns each day to purchase credits with. In that sense, D'Cente would really have gone through IC channels to build their own house, which would then not trump RP.