Simple Ideas

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited October 2014
    Oh, couldn't care less which way it goes.  Was just throwing a solution out there.  I'd honestly like to see TFs just divorced from being a 'must have' buff entirely.

Edit: Another idea would be to allow order heads/avatars the ability to pump out favors (forget how many levels there are) up to a certain point.  I think there's like 4 levels, give them access to level 1 as an OH, level 2 as an avatar?  Or 2/3?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    All or nothing, it's whatever

Either every has easy access, or no one should get them.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    pretty sure Aetolia has something similiar going in with their spire thingy majiggers
  • Simple Idea Of The Day:

Remove gold cost for titles, please. 50 gold is hardly a drain anyway, and the annoyance of having to have 50 gold in your hands is solved by people just making an alias to get it out before creating a title. Removing the cost would simply remove the need to make an alias to circumvent an already meaningless limitation.

Or, if people feel there is a need for it, then at least remove the cost for leaders or people titling themselves.
  • Oh, and another simple idea:

Add another command to LOGINNOTE: LOGINNOTE ADD <text>. Appends that text on a new line to the current loginnote.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I just leave all my gold in my hands, solving that problem. 
  • Enyalida said:
    I just leave all my gold in my hands, solving that problem. 
    *order leprechaun kill enyalida*
    <half an hour later>
    A leprechaun gives you five gold.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I've never put my gold in a pack and I've had 10m+ in my hand. The moment they changed that back when Athena lost a few mil to when it dropped...I'm not afraid of leprechauns. I'll give someone the charity of 5 gold every so often, sure. You need it more than I do
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When you influence Munsia with begging, she gives you death instead.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited November 2014
    Could we please have it that sending tells, clantells, citytells doesnt disrupt gateweaving? It is extremely annoying to have all your hard work suddenly go down the drain because of a mistake. Could we have it that just hostile actions or actions that take balance will disrupt it? At least being able to still chat while doing the long process would make it a bit bearable.

I think recently enchanting was giving a fix like this, where sending tells would no longer cancel the process or some such. Basically same thing.

Edit: Additionally could we have it changed that the 10 power needed is taken after the second individual sends the command to link up? It is annoying when you send the command in and waste 10 power only to realize that the other wasnt ready yet or got postponed somehow.
    You can send tells during gateweaving, always have been able to

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • in addition to @Arcanis' post, can we get the power cost for traversing to milestones with Music or the compass thing reversed so it only takes power AFTER you arrive there? It's just one power but it stacks if you keep failing, because you're bleeding or curing or whatnot.
    Retired.
  • Synkarin said:
    You can send tells during gateweaving, always have been able to
    ah, oops. Well for the other types of tells if that's alright...maybe even allowing the use of sipping. Basically any non-hostile/non-balance taking action.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Haezon said:
    in addition to @Arcanis' post, can we get the power cost for traversing to milestones with Music or the compass thing reversed so it only takes power AFTER you arrive there? It's just one power but it stacks if you keep failing, because you're bleeding or curing or whatnot.
    All the teleports work in that fashion. Not sure why yours has to be different. Same deal with tattooing and components needed for it. Components are gone if you end up breaking the tattooing process. (There are numerous other situations where interrupting the process wastes materials and those situations tend to be a fair bit more time-consuming than travel via milestone/teleport) If you feel your system might interrupt your teleportation process, go ahead and pause it before teleporting. Problem solved.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Enyalida said:
    Perhaps not entirely simple:

Introduce an RPWHO mechanic, similar to SPARWHO. The purpose would be to create a resource for players looking for in-depth rp interactions, and other people currently interested in engaging in the same. Achaea has this kind of mechanic, and I think it adds a lot to the game.

RPWHO would show the list but not add you to it.
    RPWHO ON|OFF would add you to the list/remove you from the list.

The list would show your name and org at minimum, with configs to show if you have a public background/history available, and what guild you're a member of/what class.

pretty pls?

It's true, I really am you.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited November 2014
    When we customize our pets the first time, we include a line for what they look like when they die. Since custom pets always more or less insta-respawn, that doesn't seem to get any usage. Can we instead be given the option to customize the "X fades away from sight." line?
  • Enyalida said:
    Perhaps not entirely simple:

Introduce an RPWHO mechanic, similar to SPARWHO. The purpose would be to create a resource for players looking for in-depth rp interactions, and other people currently interested in engaging in the same. Achaea has this kind of mechanic, and I think it adds a lot to the game.

RPWHO would show the list but not add you to it.
    RPWHO ON|OFF would add you to the list/remove you from the list.

The list would show your name and org at minimum, with configs to show if you have a public background/history available, and what guild you're a member of/what class.

I really, -really-, REALLY want this. Would include player location also, so you know where to go to.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Enyalida said:
    Or not, preferably. You can always scry someone to find them, or thirdeye who them to track them down. Having your location be broadcast would potentially be a deterrent to using the mechanic.
    Way I was thinking you will probably have RPWHO off when you're doing combat stuff. I see the problem though. May be best without then. Was just thinking with would be more practical.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Rialorm said:
    Enyalida said:
    Or not, preferably. You can always scry someone to find them, or thirdeye who them to track them down. Having your location be broadcast would potentially be a deterrent to using the mechanic.
    Way I was thinking you will probably have RPWHO off when you're doing combat stuff. I see the problem though. May be best without then. Was just thinking with would be more practical.
    And then you forget to switch it off and end up with your pants down where you shouldn't be. Guess how many combatants will use rpwho after that happens to them. You don't need location for the command. If you really want to RP, you talk with the person and ask them where they are rather than randomly scrying (rude)/pretending to magically know where they are.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Rialorm said:
    Enyalida said:
    And then you forget to switch it off and end up with your pants down where you shouldn't be. Guess how many combatants will use rpwho after that happens to them. You don't need location for the command. If you really want to RP, you talk with the person and ask them where they are rather than randomly scrying (rude)/pretending to magically know where they are.
    tell Rialorm 'Yo Where you at, I want some RPPPZ'

seems legit

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2014
    Or you scry them, everyone in the game has access to cheap and easy scry that will work the vast majority of the time to locate someone. The majority of players also lack gems of cloaking and can therefore be 'passively' found using WHO lists. The upside of the scrying method is that if they're worried about ganks they have exactly the same warnings and protections as always, but otherwise it's not immersion breaking or onerous. 

EDIT: People who send interagoratorry tells at people who scry them have always mystified me. If I respond at all to "What do you want?" scry tells, I inevitably respond with the clearly obvious "I wanted to know where you were. Now I know."
    Enyalida said:
    Or you scry them, everyone in the game has access to cheap and easy scry that will work the vast majority of the time to locate someone. The majority of players also lack gems of cloaking and can therefore be 'passively' found using WHO lists. The upside of the scrying method is that if they're worried about ganks they have exactly the same warnings and protections as always, but otherwise it's not immersion breaking or onerous. 

EDIT: People who send interagoratorry tells at people who scry them have always mystified me. If I respond at all to "What do you want?" scry tells, I inevitably respond with the clearly obvious "I wanted to know where you were. Now I know."
    Eh, I don't know. Random scries tend to get my attention in a negative fashion. Plus, you want to interact with that person. What's wrong with sending a tell and asking where they are and whether they might be interested in tea + cookies?

As to the scry tells... it's always even more entertaining when people send them after a farscout.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    If you get scried by a fighter more than once in however many seconds and you're not in your manse, you're about to be attacked.
    Depending on the scryer, sometimes people just spam scry and don't attack

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2014
    I always ask if a scrier needs the attention of the Embassy. Usually it's one of those catch-all farscouty telescopy things that makes me wonder how I ended up on somebody's ally/enemy list. Rarely it's somebody that actually wants to talk. The one time somebody spam scried me it was MARCELLA COMING TO BEHEAD ME.

That said, even as a non-com who is always visible with thirdeye and not bothered by being scried, I can see bad things coming from RPWHO showing your location. 100% supportive of Enyalida's original proposal. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."