Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• I like that interpretation.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeahp.

There are also some fae who just 'want' (have tah'vrai, evidently) to stay in Faethorn, and interesting rp revolving around accepting or rejecting a fae's stated tah'vrai to the opposing forest.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    The RP was fun with the circle of people and @Lisaera!...

... the outburst from someone IC and OOC after was not.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Enyalida said:
    Yeahp.

There are also some fae who just 'want' (have tah'vrai, evidently) to stay in Faethorn, and interesting rp revolving around accepting or rejecting a fae's stated tah'vrai to the opposing forest.

My understanding is that staying in Faethorn isn't really serving their "tah'vrai," but simply them having a bit of a time-out.  They are off-duty, so to speak.  Even so, they can be dragged off to serve despite their wishes (which does indeed allow for that roleplay).  Then you have the whole Thornroot movement... (I think it's Thornroot, it's been ages since I had to deal with it).
  • Kurut said:
    Right, but when you -really- get down to it, eafs are no different than faelings. The only differences are their appearances and how they were made.

One was made with dead fae, the other was made by Elfen bestiality (both pretty abominable actions, I'll admit).

Kurut would never say this IC, but I think OOC that the whole situation stinks.

EDIT: Unless I'm misinformed, and the fae are actually shards
    Kurut would indeed say this IC :P  False memory only works so well :P
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I think the issue is that some people jumped into the eaf business without realising it was most definitely a conflict quest, with perhaps the most potentially permanent reward for any such. This seems like a really silly path of argument. 
  • Yeah let's not restart this eaf flame war. :|
    The playa you love to hate
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    Enyalida said:
    i endorse having org ooc clans, so much. It helps tremendously for planning events and talking about overarching lore in a way any given character might not agree with/know/understand, which is a huge boon for designing new concepts - or retooling/understanding old ones as a player.
    I'd like that, cuz heaven knows I've got questions, but from what I've gathered from Quotes there's a little more imbicillery than I can handle on Halli's OOC clan(s?).  :(
    There is? We rarely feature the primary Halli OOC clan on quotes. I think there's been all of two quotes pulled from there. Sure, we fool around and shoot the breeze now and again, but more often than not it's decent conversation.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Daraius said:
    Enyalida said:
    i endorse having org ooc clans, so much. It helps tremendously for planning events and talking about overarching lore in a way any given character might not agree with/know/understand, which is a huge boon for designing new concepts - or retooling/understanding old ones as a player.
    I'd like that, cuz heaven knows I've got questions, but from what I've gathered from Quotes there's a little more imbicillery than I can handle on Halli's OOC clan(s?).  :(
    There is? We rarely feature the primary Halli OOC clan on quotes. I think there's been all of two quotes pulled from there. Sure, we fool around and shoot the breeze now and again, but more often than not it's decent conversation.
    Yeah, I gotta say, your statement kinda hurt my feelings man. :(

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    I can't handle breeze shooting!! You know this!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I had a sad moment. Decided to SURVEY around the swamp in serenwilde, to see where it ended... and none of it is actually swamp terrain.

It's all forest.

It's a lie.

So now I have to sit in Balach with the pythons and turtles and alligators. :(
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • It's probably been terrained over by the abundant hordes of Seren druids.

• Vivet said:
    I think the issue is that some people jumped into the eaf business without realising it was most definitely a conflict quest, with perhaps the most potentially permanent reward for any such. This seems like a really silly path of argument. 
    Lusternia has consequence to its quests and you don't just do them to collect all the goodies? Say it isn't so! ... honestly though, how was this not clear? Personally I think it is great we are having more layers of conflict that go in different directions. You get something to show for it as well. It's not WoW where you plop another mount into your already huge collection. For me at least that is one of the reasons to play this game, immersion and consequence.

Plus, IC, this whole thing gives Ria ammo to go against the cities. Something to talk about and be motivated by. She might think it is the most horrible thing, but as a player I just love it.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That awkward moment when you are sent an actionorigami message and have no idea who it is from. I sure hope they follow up because I don't know how to!

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @Kurut It actually is swamp, just forested. Unlike mages, whose terrain prepends to the actual terrain (tainted swamp, cloudy swamp etc) druids just make it all forest. I can show you which are te actual swamp rooms if you like.

• #falsememory yo
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Can a monk with tattoo defenses wear an unenchanted suit and still get the armor bonus, or does he actually have to be naked? Asking for a friend.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I've never tried, but I think the answer is yes. Not sure, though - greatrobes come with armour stats by default, even unenchanted, so they always overwrite the tattoo armour. But if suits don't, it shouldn't.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    Can a monk with tattoo defenses wear an unenchanted suit and still get the armor bonus, or does he actually have to be naked? Asking for a friend.
    Needs to not be wearing armour. (Even a suit that is not enchanted is considered armour)

That said, they can put it on and check TATTOOS ARMOUR to see if stats are being reduced or not. Pretty sure there's a message when it's covered.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Just weaponprobe the item in question. If it has armor stats, and I believe suits start at 12/12, then it will not work with tattoo armor. My suggestion would be making an outfit that as a whole conveys what said suit would.
    edited December 2014
    Most suits on the market are greatrobes, use highfashion instead of greatrobes for your suit pattern, and you should be fine.

@Xenthos please tell me that Glomdoring calls the way they 'protect' the fae "Enhanced protection techniques"?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Stockroom of Candycane Aethershop Quit Scrying Me.
    Your shop contains 548/250 items. You have exceeded your limit and your stock is liable to decay!
    There are a number of shelves and cabinets filled with stock here.
    You see a single exit leading up (closed door).

Stocking up for the Gaudiguch party :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Stockroom of Candycane Aethershop Quit Scrying Me.
    Your shop contains 548/250 items. You have exceeded your limit and your stock is liable to decay!
    There are a number of shelves and cabinets filled with stock here.
    You see a single exit leading up (closed door).

Stocking up for the Gaudiguch party :(
    time to spend a million gold!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Aethershop, so 200cr. Technically 400cr, since they'd still decay at a limit of 500.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Aethershop, so 200cr. Technically 400cr, since they'd still decay at a limit of 500.
    point taken, I missed it was an aethershop >.>
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Daraius said:

So long as it a high fashion suit category
  • Good work to both sides in that revolt. You all did well. My heart may or may not be racing still right now.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2014
    That was a really fun revolt, though the only thing I did really was loralchord midbies and Arcanis to death. So many pits.

EDIT: Am also pleased that the Halli- and Gaudi-themed villages went to their rightful owners.

This discussion has been closed.