Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Just outrun statues and you'll be fun
    The playa you love to hate
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Statues can't hit you on rooftops can they?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:
    Statues can't hit you on rooftops can they?
    They do, sadly.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Statues only take up time and curatives, no big thing

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Synkarin said:
    Statues only take up time and curatives, no big thing
    Drag me around other guildhalls again, @Synkarin!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited December 2014
    I can finally say that I now understand how the architecture concept of Continuum works and am able to navigate it, and I have one thing to say:

Really...? was the over-complication really necessary? May the builder's computer fry..
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    I can finally say that I now understand how the architecture concept of Continuum works and am able to navigate it, and I have one thing to say:

Really...? was the over-complication really necessary? May the builder's computer fry..
    Whoever built everything Halli hated the idea, obviously. So they made it really tough for novices trying to get used to it, hence our population being generally lower than other orgs. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Think of it as...geographic bureaucracy! (Although didn't Elostian have a hand in helping build(most of?) Hallifax?)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Think of it as...geographic bureaucracy! (Although didn't Elostian have a hand in helping build(most of?) Hallifax?)

He did. Apparently the man had an unhealthy addiction to puzzles, riddles and brainteasers. I picture him as so:

That literally being his expression when Hallifax was first released and the confusion surmounted
  • I find that Hallifax's layout filters out casual players or players that aren't up to the challenge of Hallifaxian RP -snobby snoot-

Seriously though. Hallifax is just two square pyramids touching base to base, with about 20 towers (or upside down towers). All you have to do for Continuum is look at the room shortdesc to know which Sphere you're at, etc...

It's not that bad.

• Additionally, our small and streamlined population is...extremely productive. For being one of the two newest orgs, I think it's a real proud point to have the "Most Literary Library" and "Second Scholarly Library", as well as amazing plays, Beauty Seal winners, and extreme village potential (because loltrill charisma). Not to mention we're pretty organised as far as aetherspace goes.

If it's not abundantly clear, I love being Hallifaxian.

• edited December 2014
    Just published a 'few' books. *rubs hands with glee with cackling* With more to come, too. Your move, Hallifax ;)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Maligorn said:
    Additionally, our small and streamlined population is...extremely productive. For being one of the two newest orgs, I think it's a real proud point to have the "Most Literary Library" and "Second Scholarly Library", as well as amazing plays, Beauty Seal winners, and extreme village potential (because loltrill charisma). Not to mention we're pretty organised as far as aetherspace goes.

If it's not abundantly clear, I love being Hallifaxian.
    As much as I agree that Hallifax should be proud of its library (Seriously Nordin. Don't mess this up for us.) I feel the need to point out that the books in most literary/scholarly (not largest library, though) cycle out of the scoring after a while, so we're not actually at a disadvantage in terms of time there. We absolutely do have the highest per person output, naturally.

Challenge accepted, @Rialorm.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If you're going to pick a fight, at least fight it out

Otherwise I really do start thinking that you specifically wait for people to log off before raiding. "oops, too many people, lets wait a few more hours"

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.

• Synkarin said:
    If you're going to pick a fight, at least fight it out

Otherwise I really do start thinking that you specifically wait for people to log off before raiding. "oops, too many people, lets wait a few more hours"

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hallifax's in game map was originally way more helpful than the current in game map, in that you could see more of the surrounding precincts in the same ward. Then, I forget what the reason was (maybe to allow for space for new constructions), they changed the map lengths between the precincts. Now you only see the current precinct which gives you no idea of where you are from just the map.

Admittedly it is confusing for people without the mental picture Maligorn mentioned (two pyramids/diamond structure with spires), but I think it fits Hallifax perfectly. Continuum on the other hand could have benefited from a few up/downs, rather than squashing everything into the same plane. Zigzagging and paying attention to colours works at least.
  • Ushaara said:
    Hallifax's in game map was originally way more helpful than the current in game map, in that you could see more of the surrounding precincts in the same ward. Then, I forget what the reason was (maybe to allow for space for new constructions), they changed the map lengths between the precincts. Now you only see the current precinct which gives you no idea of where you are from just the map.

Admittedly it is confusing for people without the mental picture Maligorn mentioned (two pyramids/diamond structure with spires), but I think it fits Hallifax perfectly. Continuum on the other hand could have benefited from a few up/downs, rather than squashing everything into the same plane. Zigzagging and paying attention to colours works at least.
    The reason that was told to us was to give the IG map a more realistic feel to the distance between points.
  • Is the Brand of Nifelhema gone from the Maeve? I haven't seen it when looking at her lately, but I have no idea when that could have happened.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited December 2014
    Riluna said:
    Is the Brand of Nifelhema gone from the Maeve? I haven't seen it when looking at her lately, but I have no idea when that could have happened.

And no, it hasnt.
  • I'm not sure what worms Ned Stark is afraid of.

But yeah. It's back now. :-S  Nevermind me.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Uh... dragons?
  • I think it's only visible when the Maeve isn't "tuned" to Seren or Glom or something like that. She's got a bunch of different descs at least, and the Mark is only on one of them, IIRC.
  • edited December 2014
    City enemy from enemy org goes into a protected territory where they are also an enemy and attacks a fellow citizen there.

I go to defend, get branded an enemy to three organizations for "Attacking so and so unprovoked"

Serenwilde needs to get their crap together. Now I have to reconsider Kurut's RP and do something terrible to the forest to -earn- that status.

EDIT: Just how bad -is- elder chopping anyway? Considering the stupidity of the situation, it's the only thing I can think of that would do it justice
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Well, it takes several hours to start growing the replacement, and then it takes several days for the tree to actually grow, while it's still very vulnerable. RPly, it's sacrilige to chop down a sacred tree, of course, but Glom and Seren have had a very long-standing agreement to not be buttocks to eachother by making RL miserable for days from an action that takes minutes, or even seconds.
  • It's the only thing I can think of to make up for the sheer injustice they decided to dole out, though. :/

I even contacted other leadership of Serenwilde, and they all agreed with the decision that I attacked unprovoked despite defending protected territory and not declaring anybody.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Kurut said:
    It's the only thing I can think of to make up for the sheer injustice they decided to dole out, though. :/

I even contacted other leadership of Serenwilde, and they all agreed with the decision that I attacked unprovoked despite defending protected territory and not declaring anybody.

This is quite common in Lusty. Enemy statuses have been given on the fly for near to no actual reason, simply because. Just look at Celina's history with enemying people.
  • Eh. Go kill something of theirs instead; raid a village, raid a godrealm, raid Aspects in Etherwilde, etc. Honestly, the only real reason I see for chopping down elders is because people want to annoy them on an OOC level.
  • Doing all of those things you mentioned, @Ssaliss, comes with a 2 million essence loss and doesn't really hurt them. If I'm going to eat 2 million essence, I may as well do something to make them rethink their idiocy.
  • Or, you could not eat a 2m essence loss and not make Seren even madder at you. Honestly, I've never been a fan of the "They enemied me, so I might as well deserve it" line of thought.
  • There needs to be consequences for their actions. If that means forcing them to do hours upon hours of tedious work, so be it.

They can't be allowed to dole out enemy statuses for no good reason and just get away with it. If they want to make enemies out of people who bore no ill will toward them, they need to deal with the consequences of that stupidity.
This discussion has been closed.