Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Munsia said:
    Enyalida said:
    I'm saying that your being enemied to Serenwilde is justified by literally anything that is "Not being a Serenwilder*" that brings you to the negative attention of anyone with the power to enemy, as has been demonstrated.  The game has zero hard and fast rules about enemy statii, and we sure as Nil haven't added any for people not in our own bloc, nobody has.

Seriously, don't take it as a personal affront. We enemy people for things all the time, everyone does. 

Mag doesn't...then again 90% of Magnagora has it's head on straight. 
    You what? Like that one time someone had to declare me to attack me on Prime, but I had suddenly 'defiled a shrine'? Hell, if memory serves, you were one of the people that declared me in the first place. Preach hypocrisy somewhere else.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Kurut said:
    Thing is, all the combatants I've known on our side of the conflict have only bothered to scout numbers for guaranteed (or close to guaranteed) wins for domoths, not godrealm raids. :/
    And you are so, so wrong. There are plenty of people that do that on your side. Just because you haven't been on the defensive side of a raid that went like... "Person A walks in, kicks loyal mob, runs" doesn't mean that you don't have those people on your side.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I don't know any Magnagoran that walks in, kicks enemy, and then runs away.

Also, I look into every enemy status that comes in, and have reversed multiple enemy statuses that didn't break a law. And I've been city leader for the past 6 months, so I know nothing has been recent. There are quite a few people who normally defend against Magnagoran raids that are not enemies, like: Vivet (who is enemied to Fain but not Mag), Selenity, Arien, Kreon.

So no, not everyone does it, your org does, Magnagora does not.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Would you all quit arguing? I mean, really, do you all have such short memories? There are no new tactics in Lusternia. Everybody has done everything, and everyone has been on the receiving end. "My org doesn't!" Bull. Every org has, if not recently, than in the past. And it will again. Every org does everything.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    But some people actually do recognize mistakes were made and change for the better, and don't hold onto excuses like "you did it in the past!"

Don't care, I want to know what you are doing today and tomorrow.

Such a terrible excuse saying things like you've done something in the past to validate what you do in the future. Take responsibility for your actions.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    I'm not saying it to validate it--I think Ryboi is a terrible leader who does things for terrible excuses. It's crap. I get that. I'm not excusing it. I'm saying the "Well, we've never done that!" is equally rubbish.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

edited December 2014
    Silvanus said:
    I don't know any Magnagoran that walks in, kicks enemy, and then runs away.

Also, I look into every enemy status that comes in, and have reversed multiple enemy statuses that didn't break a law. And I've been city leader for the past 6 months, so I know nothing has been recent. There are quite a few people who normally defend against Magnagoran raids that are not enemies, like: Vivet (who is enemied to Fain but not Mag), Selenity, Arien, Kreon.

So no, not everyone does it, your org does, Magnagora does not.
    Here it is:

You are an enemy of the Divine DisOrder of Morgfyre, the Legion.
    You were enemied on 19th Kiani 375.
    You were enemied by Lavinya.
    The reason for your enemying: 'Defiling Lord Legion's shrine'

You are an enemy of the Ur'Guard Guild.
    You were enemied by Leolamins.
    The reason for your enemying: 'for providing assist to those defiling a shrine of Morgfyre, our guild patron'

I entered the Caoimhe Dell because someone was calling out meld entry/exit on the alliance clan channel. Someone who was in the Dell. I went there to see if I could lend a hand in a fight. Turns out the fellow was defiling. I didn't attack anyone nor did I offer anything to defile. There you have it, not THAT long ago.

I'm not going to point out my Cacophony status which is up because "An enemy of Magnagora is a guild enemy" because it was you that came up with that particular one. But hey, Magnagora doesn't, right?

EDIT: After I got away from Caoimhe and went to try and discuss the situation with @Lavinya, I was immediately given a rather rude response and consequently snubbed. So yeah, I'm sure it's all in my mind and imagination.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    inb4 "Enemy people out of the portals who are of opposing orgs"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    You know, we should enemy people out of the portals who are--DANGIT SHADDUS, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Shaddus said:
    inb4 "Enemy people out of the portals who are of opposing orgs"
    Duuuuuuuude Aetolia does that
    edited December 2014
    Someone was defiling a shrine, and you were in the area, that is your fault for going there. I don't go to every single fight in every single battle because something is going on, my nose doesn't belong in every thing. You went there to lend a hand in a fight, by your own words, were caught in the same area as a defiler, what do you expect to happen? That a known enemy be given a free pass? Also, I did say Magnagora, that's Morgfyre and ur'Guard, here is your Magnagoran status:

Elanorwen is an enemy of the Grand Dominion of Magnagora.
    Elanorwen was enemied on 16th Estar 363.
    Elanorwen was enemied by Kaina.
    The reason for the enemying: 'Was caught invading Earth'

Also, quick math, 25 IG years (since your enemy statuses) * 12 (one per each day in a year) = 300 days, therefore, outside of my time frame as Warlord. So... not recent.
    edited December 2014
    None of it will ever be recent. I haven't since my return seen it happen and I'm a large upholder of justice, much to the annoyance of those around me. I don't simply allow stupid crap like that to happen without a fuss and I don't do it myself in at least the last century.

If you want I surely can begin applying the 'Do unto others as they would do unto you' to Magnagora in which none of you get a single voice in the matter and we just start chain enemying people for giggles, purely based on stupid reasons. I'm sure there aren't enough 'Too ugly' 'Smells funny' 'Kinda fat' to go around though.
    Silvanus said:
    Someone was defiling a shrine, and you were in the area, that is your fault for going there. I don't go to every single fight in every single battle because something is going on, my nose doesn't belong in every thing. You went there to lend a hand in a fight, by your own words, were caught in the same area as a defiler, what do you expect to happen? That a known enemy be given a free pass? Also, I did say Magnagora, that's Morgfyre and ur'Guard, here is your Magnagoran status:

Also, quick math, 25 IG years (since your enemy statuses) * 12 (one per each day in a year) = 300 days, therefore, outside of my time frame as Warlord. So... not recent.
    As mentioned... didn't attack, didn't defile. Tried to resolve the matter IC-ly, got snubbed for saying hello. But whatever. Nobody does bad things in Mag ever. Let's keep repeating that and maybe we'll believe it.

Next thing it'll be "There's no place like home" and knocking the heels of our ruby shoes together, right?

So, when people argued against it in the past, what was the justification then? Again, I'm not saying the current situation isn't stupid--it is. It's really dumb. But it always is, when everyone else does it. You can apply any arbitrary timeframe, define "recent" however you choose, and find a way to come out on top. If this is the last time Seren does it for 4 RL months, and suddenly, Magnagora enemies someone for a stupid reason, this fight will happen again, with the roles reversed: Seren will say, "You are horrible, and this is stupid!" Mag: "Well, you used to do it!" Seren: "Yeah, like, months ago, that's not recent, we stopped!"

This is going to happen. It always happens. And we fight about it every single bloody time.

Yeah, but see, for us it's true. Just because your city sucks doesn't mean ours has to.
    Maybe one day, you'll understand.

Everiine said:
    Maybe one day, you'll understand.
    At this point we're getting into a "Just smile and wave" situation. ;)

edited December 2014

Elanorwen said:
    Silvanus said:

As mentioned... didn't attack, didn't defile. Tried to resolve the matter IC-ly, got snubbed for saying hello. But whatever. Nobody does bad things in Mag ever. Let's keep repeating that and maybe we'll believe it.

Next thing it'll be "There's no place like home" and knocking the heels of our ruby shoes together, right?
    I don't think I've ever spoken to you IG, and you called me a little slut in your first tell to me. When I'm a jackass to people, I'm not surprised when people respond to me in the same way.

Also, once again, you were in the area of a defiler, who was calling out actions over the clan channel, and went there to lend a hand. What are you expecting? To not be enemied? Here's what happens from the response of someone from Magnagora: Ct Defiling at blahblahblah... people rush to blahblahblah's area, they SCENT, and anyone that's an enemy in the area... gets killed and enemied, regardless of you actually doing it or not, because there is no real way to know. You were in the area of a place you didn't need to go, that's your own damn fault.

You can argue all you want, since I have been Warlord, we haven't followed the policy of enemying anyone that stands against Magnagora for defending their own stuff. This happened outside of my time frame as Warlord. Yes, mistakes have been made and will be made, but that doesn't mean things can't be resolved if you actually put in an honest, polite attempt with someone you haven't harassed before.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited December 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Silvanus said:

lol Can you throw a little more passive aggressive my way? This is old news and you've complained about it over the forums to me on a few occasions. I'm not the only person in Morg's order who can deal with enemy statuses, and it wasn't just for saying hello. Let it goooooooooo.

Edit: We've even spoken civilly IC since that incident! Come on. Time for something new.

Everiine said:
    So, when people argued against it in the past, what was the justification then? Again, I'm not saying the current situation isn't stupid--it is. It's really dumb. But it always is, when everyone else does it. You can apply any arbitrary timeframe, define "recent" however you choose, and find a way to come out on top. If this is the last time Seren does it for 4 RL months, and suddenly, Magnagora enemies someone for a stupid reason, this fight will happen again, with the roles reversed: Seren will say, "You are horrible, and this is stupid!" Mag: "Well, you used to do it!" Seren: "Yeah, like, months ago, that's not recent, we stopped!"

This is going to happen. It always happens. And we fight about it every single bloody time.
    Or, you know, you could actually change for the better and not let your organization do it. You could keep saying it'll happen again and again... but it hasn't yet for Magnagora, and I don't care about the probability of something happening again if it hasn't happened. If we as a society were able to tone down raiding, then we can easily solve this issue too.

Just because you hang onto your own prejudices doesn't mean everyone else has to. Maybe, one day, you'll understand, if you want to see change, be the change.
    Can't reason with the rest of the game. Mag shall take the high road while we throw stuff at the not high road people.
    There really isn't any way to reason if people still think we enemy for no other reasoning because Thoros did it 8 real life years ago.
    Mag is awesome. come2mag peepz. The only thing that sucks is our legal system!
  • I just know I appreciated it a while back when, instead of keeping an enemy status to Serenwilde on me for killing Daebach at the Moonhart, @Laysus revised it to read something like "We don't protect Celestians in the Leaves, she's enemied for just trespassing". I really hadn't done anything against Seren, like, ever because of my RP - the only thing is that I've started to do it because of Drocilla urging us all to, heh. But for all that time in between...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Munsia said:
    I can't even..yeah. This is my new forums pic, sorry.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Silvanus said:
    I don't think I've ever spoken to you IG, and you called me a little slut in your first tell to me. When I'm a jackass to people, I'm not surprised when people respond to me in the same way.

Also, once again, you were in the area of a defiler, who was calling out actions over the clan channel, and went there to lend a hand. What are you expecting? To not be enemied? Here's what happens from the response of someone from Magnagora: Ct Defiling at blahblahblah... people rush to blahblahblah's area, they SCENT, and anyone that's an enemy in the area... gets killed and enemied, regardless of you actually doing it or not, because there is no real way to know. You were in the area of a place you didn't need to go, that's your own damn fault.

You can argue all you want, since I have been Warlord, we haven't followed the policy of enemying anyone that stands against Magnagora for defending their own stuff. This happened outside of my time frame as Warlord. Yes, mistakes have been made and will be made, but that doesn't mean things can't be resolved if you actually put in an honest, polite attempt with someone you haven't harassed before.
    There is a way to tell in a Prime location. Like I said, it was Caoimhe Dell, a Prime location, populated by Elfen NPCs and normally protected by Serenwilde. Hence me going there to check on the situation.

If I had offered to defile, people wouldn't have needed to declare to attack me, simple as that. Much the same way when recently we had two Magnagorans trying to defile an Isune shrine on Prime (WIth one defling, the other defending the first) I didn't have to declare the one that was actually doing the defiling, but if I tried to attack the other, I needed to declare and face Avenger consequences.

That's all it takes to find out who was doing what. Fact is, the whole thing had been going for over a minute at that point, and all I was hearing was repeated comments about X has entered, Y has left my meld. I scried, went to see what the fuss was about. If it was a valid situation of a Serenwilder defending one of their protectorate territories, I'd have tried to help. When I realized no-one was murdering Elfen, I tried to leave, was consequently jumped and enemied when I got away.

@Lavinya - I'm sorry to say, but if I wanted to be passive aggressive, I wouldn't have pointed out the situation at all, but made vague remarks. That said, woo, we've had a civil conversation... big woopty do, my status is still there. So much for civility, eh?

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    i more meant there's no need to keep flogging a dead horse. I"m not going to remove an enemy status because of forum chats. The path is open (and always has been open via other disorder members) to have the status removed. Being abusive moments after given it is not the best time to have it removed. You kinda mentioned several times (and then quoted where I enemied you) about how you were unfairly enemied for the defiling. Since I did the enemying to Morgfyre, it's difficult to think you weren't directing it to anyone but me (I'm also the one that snubbed you for 'saying hello'). My point was, there is no IC reason preventing you from pursuing action if you want it. You're still upset that I enemied you with what was viewed as a reasonable reason. I wasn't in the area, I was simply told who was there and enemied everyone who wasn't a defender, because if you're there in an out of the way area like the dell, you're either helping or hindering.

Anyway! Grudges, you keep them long time. If you want to deal with it IC all this time later, by all means, contact me or Silvanus, Leolamins, Llandros. Ixion, Alaksanteri...there's quite a few of us! We might say no, but then again, being you don't ever raid Morgfyre's realm it might be revoked. Who knows? Ask, and you will find out!

Every other word out of your mouth is passive aggression I think. By saying 'if I wanted to be' is being...
  • Elanorwen said:
    Here it is:

You are an enemy of the Divine DisOrder of Morgfyre, the Legion.
    You were enemied by Lavinya.
    The reason for your enemying: 'Defiling Lord Legion's shrine'

You are an enemy of the Ur'Guard Guild.
    You were enemied by Leolamins.
    The reason for your enemying: 'for providing assist to those defiling a shrine of Morgfyre, our guild patron'

How do you see your enemy status like that?
This discussion has been closed.