Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Hefty gold sum? Hahahahaha.

What do you think your fine might be? A million gold? Because that's pretty hefty... maybe... possibly...

Lerad has lived through the switch from Glomdoring being alone, to Glom being allied to Celest+Halli, to Glom being allied to Gaudi+Mag. Getting my enemying resolved was... an inconvenience that... wait, I finished it without even needing to RP too much. I can't even remember if it was Silvanus or Lavinya that I talked to in order to get my Nihilist enemying fine paid. Inconvenience might not be the right word... hrmm... hold on, I'll check with a thesaurus and get back to you.

• So. These are your options, Kurut.

1. Contact the Moonhart Council and explain your case the best you can. Believe it or not, everyone knows Ryboi can be an unreliable source.

2. Go sniffing around for elder trees and chop them, causing major OOC headache just because you're suddenly enemied to a place you don't visit anyway, and would be banned from visiting because you're a literal purveyor of taint in the pure forest.

3. Accept that this is a game of conflict that you're not going to avoid forever.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2014
    No it doesn't, just don't pay it, or don't protect your allies. Nor do most gold fines go anything into the 'hefty' range. I hoped to abolish them in favor of actually meaningful and potentially more difficult/involved enemy quests, but I couldn't think of enough different types of task to make it stick.

You're not a terrible person for that, or for any reason. The only thing you've been called out on is taking that exact attitude. Well, that and the totems business. I can make myself a total PITA with dw, if it needs to be that way.

Seriously, you're arguing that it's appropriate and justified for you to defend things that your org RP says you should defend. Yeah, okay.... it's also 100% appropriate for people to enemy you for that. That's what enemy statuses are for! Defending the undead/Nil/people trying to steal fae/whatever is bearing ill-will towards Serenwilde. Deal? You're accusing people of throwing away RP and then discarding the entire rest of the game's RP.

I just explained how your 'hyperbolic' statement about just blanket enemying everyone is something I think would make appropriate Serenwilde xenophobe RP sense. So yes, let's enemy every Glom who goes out of novicehood, with a nice little RP message in the reason explaining that our orgs stand for diametrically opposed (on some axes) ideals, and the caveat that if you recant and wish to join, the status poofs if you haven't been a nuisance.
  • Ryboi attacked Marcella in Magnagoran Territory, and I went to defend her. He was enemied, so I didn't even need to declare.

So you're going to say my enemy statuses to Serenwilde and its orgs are justified because I, in my newbie almost-combatant glory, flung runes at someone who was trying to murder a fellow citizen in our own territory?

It just doesn't make any sense to me
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I don't know why there's a 2-3 page discussion about getting unenemied to Seren. Who cares about Seren? Burn em, humiliate them, and move on. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Hey, I was enemied for killing guards on water. I never even had a chance to target said Seren defender. And of course, like in most orgs, once you're enemied to one thing, they enemy you to everything else. It was an irritating snowball effect which I now just ignore, but if anyone from Seren ever asked Lavy about it now, it would make for an interesting conversation I'm sure as she explains her position.

It's frustrating to be sure, Kurut. Just do what you think your character should/would do about it, whether it's fight the status, earn it, or just ignore it. Don't be pressured by forums either way to dictate how your character should respond. Take some time and do what you think fits best.

edited December 2014
    I'm saying that your being enemied to Serenwilde is justified by literally anything that is "Not being a Serenwilder*" that brings you to the negative attention of anyone with the power to enemy, as has been demonstrated.  The game has zero hard and fast rules about enemy statii, and we sure as Nil haven't added any for people not in our own bloc, nobody has.

Seriously, don't take it as a personal affront. We enemy people for things all the time, everyone does. 

Enyalida said:
    I'm saying that your being enemied to Serenwilde is justified by literally anything that is "Not being a Serenwilder*" that brings you to the negative attention of anyone with the power to enemy, as has been demonstrated.  The game has zero hard and fast rules about enemy statii, and we sure as Nil haven't added any for people not in our own bloc, nobody has.

Seriously, don't take it as a personal affront. We enemy people for things all the time, everyone does. 

Mag doesn't...then again 90% of Magnagora has it's head on straight. 
    edited December 2014
    If you... say so? Seems pretty par for the course, honestly. If you're an enemy combatant, expect to be enemied pretty soon for being.

The real take home is: If you don't  think your enemy status should stick, your opener shouldn't be "It's not smart to make me an enemy" etc, and then rail on the forum why you're confused it didn't work, RPISDEEEAAAAAD. Even if your enemy status is somehow non-justified by the arbitrary moral standard, tactics are everything.

And seriously, the enemy status does zippo to hurt you, as @Lerad pointed out. Unless you had a perfect record before, I can't see how it's a problem, honestly. I think I've been enemied to every single org, and I raid only very infrequently, used to be never. 
  • All of this has made me realize what a good decision moving to mag was, as opposed to waiting another 6-20 RL days to get into seren.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Personally, I'm almost disappointed that Gaudi hasn't enemied me for some of the stuff in my books and that Seren hasn't at least registered a protest.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Seren and Glom are the bottom right now, why would you wanna join them? :/
    edited December 2014
    @Portius sadly, most players probably haven't read any of them.  :(
  • Munsia said:
    Seren and Glom are the bottom right now, why would you wanna join them? :/
    It gets old watching them get stomped in almost every equal-numbers combat scenario they get into.

I wanted to join them and try my best to help and be useful and maybe be one small part of what pulls them out of the "We can only raid when all their combatants are asleep" mentality

(And yes, our ascendants can see the spam clairs, and our combatants can see the constant farscouts of you waiting for them to log off toward the end of their general time online. It gets complained about quite a bit)
  • @Portius: Gaudiguch enemying anybody for speaking their mind, in most cases, would probably get me yelling at the person who gave the enemy status and immediately overturning it if I noticed it.

Also, uh... guys? Happy thoughts, cute kittens, bovine noses, loboshigaru gentlemen in tailored suits chasing their tails. Think happy things, not angry things.
    @Enyalida I can provide citations for people who wish to be offended. Celest has some grounds for it too, really. The whole using thinly-veiled references to our allies as examples of terrible people shouldn't pass without comment!

• Kurut said:
    (And yes, our ascendants can see the spam clairs, and our combatants can see the constant farscouts of you waiting for them to log off toward the end of their general time online. It gets complained about quite a bit)
    Just so you know, anyone with farscout uses it to... scout enemy numbers, including Glom/Mag/Gaudi. Fights have always been won by doing all the planning a fight needs to be won, not through some kind of magical awesomeness.

• Thing is, all the combatants I've known on our side of the conflict have only bothered to scout numbers for guaranteed (or close to guaranteed) wins for domoths, not godrealm raids. :/
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Altrea said:
    cute kittens, bovine noses, loboshigaru gentlemen in tailored suits chasing their tails
    Not one of these is a happy thing for me.
    Portius said:
    Celest has some grounds for it too, really.
    I'll get around to it when I find a reason to make use of the library system.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    @Neos you're looking at books 8-10 of "The Glorious Expedition" to save you time on looking for offensive to Celest things! It's about Hallifax heroically sacking a stand-in for Celest and enslaving its population for their own good.
    I say mean things about Hallifax and Celest (but mostly Celest) all the time IC! I just don't have these fancy cityfolk books, nyaaah.
    Your library has a set! Of course, Portius has been known to make remarks about Serenwilders being barely literate dirt-eaters, so them not being offended kind of fits his stereotype!
  • Portius said:
    Your library has a set! Of course, Portius has been known to make remarks about Serenwilders being barely literate dirt-eaters, so them not being offended kind of fits his stereotype!
    Dirt eaters!? D:

That's Geomancer territory. :(
  • Kurut said:
    Ryboi attacked Marcella in Magnagoran Territory, and I went to defend her. He was enemied, so I didn't even need to declare.

So you're going to say my enemy statuses to Serenwilde and its orgs are justified because I, in my newbie almost-combatant glory, flung runes at someone who was trying to murder a fellow citizen in our own territory?

You can also think of it like this.

There's two opposing army platoons, Ryboi and the person you were defending. Ryboi decides to raid person's camp. Suddenly, you, an allied platoon of the person, come to stifle his raid. You have gone from neutral to opposing Ryboi's campaign of gank.

That sounds enemyable to me.

No, no. See, Serenwilders are filthy savages who live out in the woods and refuse technology with all of the benefits that technology brings because they're idiots who foolishly venerate nature, which isn't even a meaningful concept!

Magnagorans, on the other hand, are civilized. Sure, their society is suboptimal because it isn't a neatly organized hierarchy in the Hallifaxian style. But at least Magnagora and Celest aren't savages. They're just in need of a little guidance. At an individual level some of them are even pretty respectable. Mag's librarian is perfectly great, for example. Mag and Celest could be assimilated into the Collective as substructures (like the vassal packs) without huge changes, unlike Serenwilde which would pretty much have to be burned down and brainwashed.

And that is why Serenwilde gets that particular slur and the Geomancers do not.
  • Maligorn said:
    Kurut said:
    Ryboi attacked Marcella in Magnagoran Territory, and I went to defend her. He was enemied, so I didn't even need to declare.

You can also think of it like this.

There's two opposing army platoons, Ryboi and the person you were defending. Ryboi decides to raid person's camp. Suddenly, you, an allied platoon of the person, come to stifle his raid. You have gone from neutral to opposing Ryboi's campaign of gank.

That sounds enemyable to me.
    Moreover, you rejected to spend the time in waiting to join Serenwilde, which probably ruffled feathers. You took part in making eafs. You are a -Geomancer- now. Munsia's basically right -- you shouldn't give such a flip about it. Raid Ethereal-Serenwilde. Kill fae and make rampant eafs. Chop elders if you want, just know that you're solidifying your role as an enemy of Serenwilde.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Portius said:
    Neos you're looking at books 8-10 of "The Glorious Expedition" to save you time on looking for offensive to Celest things! It's about Hallifax heroically sacking a stand-in for Celest and enslaving its population for their own good.
    Let me rephrase: I don't care enough.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Bah. Nobody does library RP.
    :((
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Portius said:
    Bah. Nobody does library RP.
    :((

If I get more time, I'll join you in library RP. I need to read more things. Granted, I'm not a librarian, but it's something.
This discussion has been closed.