Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:

Oh please Arcanis. I made it especially clear that I wasn't even in the mood to fight, just clearing elemental planes. You can't kill me, I can't kill metawake. I am -not- going to go into my trigs and turn them off every time Arcanis gets feisty. Get over yourself.

EDIT: Moreover, because you can't kill me, I/Maligorn really do feel fine with bashing grubs while you throw your wimpy geochem at me. Makes bashing fun.

EDIT 2: Kierstin wanted a piece of the action, I told her to come if she wanted. You got Dinae up and tried to 2v1 her while I was peaceably gathering dark essence for dear dear Hallifax. So I came to her rescue.

You really need to take a break from Lusternia.

Peaceably gathering from an enemy org. Got it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited February 2015
    Siam said:

Before I QQ'd last time, I locked the GM/GA/GC offices not knowing that @Violyte and @Illidaen quit the game in those rooms. My internet was down the whole day today and I just learned that I locked them in. It has been more than 24 hours since I QQ'd. GG, Siam. GG. The King of the Night must rule with an iron fist!!!!!!1111!!!!1111

Seriously, I'm terribly sorry about it, Violyte and Illidaen. o_o

No mercy. Make them heartstop to get out.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Maligorn said:

Oh please Arcanis. I made it especially clear that I wasn't even in the mood to fight, just clearing elemental planes. You can't kill me, I can't kill metawake. I am -not- going to go into my trigs and turn them off every time Arcanis gets feisty. Get over yourself.

EDIT: Moreover, because you can't kill me, I/Maligorn really do feel fine with bashing grubs while you throw your wimpy geochem at me. Makes bashing fun.

EDIT 2: Kierstin wanted a piece of the action, I told her to come if she wanted. You got Dinae up and tried to 2v1 her while I was peaceably gathering dark essence for dear dear Hallifax. So I came to her rescue.

I think it's pretty peaceful to hunt grubs while also suffering attempts to kill me without retaliation (at first!). I'm not killing Lords and Ladies, I'm just getting essence. :P

Obviously I was in enemy territory. Obviously I'm okay with getting jumped. What I'm not okay with is Arcanis's mountain of butthurt.

Maligorn said:

Shaddus said:

Maligorn said:

I think it's pretty peaceful to hunt grubs while also suffering attempts to kill me without retaliation (at first!). I'm not killing Lords and Ladies, I'm just getting essence. :P

Obviously I was in enemy territory. Obviously I'm okay with getting jumped. What I'm not okay with is Arcanis's mountain of butthurt.
    brb, gonna hunt Air. Hopefully it's ok to peacefully hunt there.

As for turning off triggers so you didn't "call in the mob", all you had to do was turn the clan off so you wouldn't announce :)
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Again: I wasn't there to kill anybody nor did I really feel like it. I didn't prepare for a 1v1 scenario cause that's not my deal. Yes, I'll come and kill you if you hunt Air. No, I'm not going to bitch if you bring in help or if you continue to hunt under my nose if I can't kill you.

EDIT: And that's all there is to say about that. Not going to get into a bitchfest over a little scuffle on Earth.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Shasha, if you hunt air and we don't/can't stop you, then you deserve the essence! Same applies to anyone hunting enemy planes with impunity.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Maligorn said:

Again: I wasn't there to kill anybody nor did I really feel like it. I didn't prepare for a 1v1 scenario cause that's not my deal. Yes, I'll come and kill you if you hunt Air. No, I'm not going to bitch if you bring in help or if you continue to hunt under my nose if I can't kill you.

You weren't there to kill people, but you brought a member of the Tahtetso who is an active combatant and protector.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I hunt all the planes relatively regularly, I just make sure to either not get caught or get away fast enough. Honestly, though, I hunt for ikons, so if people would just ask for the essence I'd give it to them.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I didn't bring her. She came when she saw my announce. Go troll someone else. Or at least learn to recognize sarcasm (dear dear Hallifax should've been your clue).

• edited February 2015
    Maligorn said:

You come onto an enemy plane, where you see a citizen standing right in front of you, and begin farming the essence and -not- expect retaliation? Either you are extremely cocky or going senile..
    Maligorn said:

Again: I wasn't there to kill anybody nor did I really feel like it.
    I didn't prepare for a 1v1 scenario cause that's not my deal. Yes, I'll
    come and kill you if you hunt Air. No, I'm not going to bitch if you
    bring in help or if you continue to hunt under my nose if I can't kill
    you.

EDIT: And that's all there is to say about that. Not going to get into a bitchfest over a little scuffle on Earth.

You entered through the archway and saw me, and even did an emote....and didnt expect a 1v1 scenario?
    edited February 2015
    It's a mixture of tongue-in-cheek and idgaf. I wanted your essence. I got your essence. I tried to get Kierstin out, but she accidentally told me she was in the clear when it turned out she wasn't. I bailed when I saw Munsy. End of story.

edited February 2015
    Arcanis said:

Maligorn said:

you.

You entered through the archway and saw me, and even did an emote....and didnt expect a 1v1 scenario?
    I patted you on the back. It was meant to be a "just passing through" gesture :(

Yes, I was taunting you. Yes, I expected you to attack me. Yes, I really am that lazy about turning off clans and trigs because I -really- didn't give a flying fuck about FIGHTING WITH HONOUR atm. I was just being a thief.

EDIT: Jeez, you guys are entitled if you think I'm gonna put aside everything just to 1v1 you. FITE ME BRO

Still waiting to see who else got warned for this discussion.
  • Shaddus said:

That's hot.
  • Maligorn said:

Shaddus said:

BUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Deciding to teach Arcanis the ultimate lesson in manners, you point a finger imperiously at him and
    call the curse of the toad down upon his head. You watch in satisfaction as warts break out over his
    skin which then turns green and slimy. Finally, he shrinks and transforms into a large, ugly toad!
    With a telepathic sigh, a pooka tells you that he has lost control of Arcanis's actions.

In order to put the pathetic life of a warty toad out of its misery, you lift a foot and bring it
    down mightily on its bloated green body.
    A warty toad's back breaks under the weight of a heavy foot, its innards spilling out and leaving a
    messy stain on the ground.
    You have slain a warty toad.
    A warty toad wobbles about uncertainly and turns a pale shade of green before suddenly stretching
    and transforming into a demigod. Shaking his head, Arcanis stands before you where once there was a
    toad, looking slightly disoriented and perplexed with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pooka.
    Arcanis drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Arcanis, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.
    You tell Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath, "By the by, let that be a lesson in manners.
    I don't need friends to kill some of you one on one."
  • So wrong....

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • edited February 2015
    Oh my God Synkarin, I feel so bad about mistelling to you.

On another note, I found a very interesting katana design that leans to the right.

(I thought it was a myth/joke)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Well, sitting here, biding my time, waiting for a quest to reset, because I still don't know how long after I complete my mandatory quest I have to wait before I'm allowed to interact with a denizen for a different quest where she won't still think I'm on the already completed quest. Yay me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Norns said:

The matter is being looked into; at the moment it is unclear whether or not it is a bug or how it was intended to be all along. We'll pass the ruling along as soon as We Ourselves are made aware.

It is not a bug; it is, however, in poor taste. In the future, should anyone choose to take advantage of a free PK event to raid Prime Avenger-free, they open themselves up to whatever sick and twisted punishment the Elder running said event devises. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    (nothing)
    We could always hope it's Drocilla. She can sing at the offending org.
    Shaddus said:

We could always hope it's Drocilla. She can sing at the offending org.

Why would you reward them?

Last time She sang at a city, Celestians died.
    I'd call being so enraptured by Her song that you died of delight a reward. /forumrp

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Maligorn said:

Arcanis said:

Maligorn said:

you.

I patted you on the back. It was meant to be a "just passing through" gesture :(

Yes, I was taunting you. Yes, I expected you to attack me. Yes, I really am that lazy about turning off clans and trigs because I -really- didn't give a flying fuck about FIGHTING WITH HONOUR atm. I was just being a thief.

EDIT: Jeez, you guys are entitled if you think I'm gonna put aside everything just to 1v1 you. FITE ME BRO
    Can I just agree with that times 1000? There's quite a few people who do this in game, challenging people to 1v1 them as an opportunity to wave some epeen or belittle the person for refusing. If that's the way your character likes to throw their weight around, good for you! I'll just be over here crooking my little finger in a manhood-derogatory manner and presuming you also drive a really big car to compensate. Why would I ever in a million years 'duel' someone? It's not like I've ever pretended to be anything other than fairly familiar with using my skills in a group setting.

I think the issue was that  Arcanis finds Maligorn wandering all over Earth stealing essence. Arcanis tries to run him off, and can't pin him down.

Granted, that's more Arcanis' fault than Maligorn's, but still.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I wasn't actually directing this to Arcanis in particular, just people who do that in general. I was challenged recently, for example...as if killing me is actually a sign of great skill. (It's not)

This discussion has been closed.