Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
edited December 2014 in Common Grounds
Thank you, Oneiroi, for closing that last tweets. It's about time we make another one.

My tweet: Yay designing! Now if only the design approval people would accept my stuff.
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• I had no idea restarting these threads was even still a thing.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It used to happen every year at about the same time, but then the admin fell off.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Thank you, and please remember to keep it civil!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    It used to happen every year at about the same time, but then the admin fell off.

I blame @Xenthos‌.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    This thread needs more debauchary 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Excellent choice of thread title on this one.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I dont understand why Serenwilde is constantly allowing Glevich to take claims on Domoths....when their Ascendant, newly raised, is standing -right there-. Why shoot yourselves in the foot like that? Not to mention, the guy isnt exactly a role model for other players.
  • edited December 2014
    The Flame of dae'Seren vanishes in a puff of smoke.

=((

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Take it up with @Avurekhos, I guess. 
  • Arcanis said:
    I dont understand why Serenwilde is constantly allowing Glevich to take claims on Domoths....when their Ascendant, newly raised, is standing -right there-. Why shoot yourselves in the foot like that? Not to mention, the guy isnt exactly a role model for other players.
    It could be about the time commitment those things have. If Glevich is willing to upkeep it, and Avurekhos isn't, well that's between them. Those involved can pick whichever of them they want to claim.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's no different to me claiming a domoth with Silvanus and Akyaevin both helping and each able to claim another. There's commitment to upkeep (which I imagine is more burdensome with more than one domoth under your control), and also the freeing up of a melder (and another combatant in my case) to move around freely and do what they need to do to fight off attack, while the claimer can keep claiming. There's a lot to be said aboud ascendant claims because they are significantly faster but it's not a hard and fast rule, and who wants to burn their ascendants out doing nothing but boring domoth claims all the time?

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Riluna said:

=((
    NOOOOOOOOO

But seriously, I hope you find more fun elsewhere and have lots of RP. :D
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I need one of those buttons in my office. "Hey Pastor, I know it's 2 minutes before the service, but can I talk to you for a minute?" *press button*
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Lavinya said:
    ...who wants to burn their ascendants out doing nothing but boring domoth claims all the time?
    I know of at least one Ascendent that this has happened to.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
    I need an answer from order heads, or GA's, or whatever.

If an order/org owns a clan, and you're not in it, but the owner is inactive, what's the syntax for putting yourself as the owner, or someone else?
  • edited December 2014
    As GA you do it with the ledger, and I don't remember the syntax but it IS in the privs. Something like GUILD LEDGER CLAN <awesome> DEED TO <minion>. Or similar. I think.

It's been a while. GUILD PRIVS has the answer.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You need represent in your order privs (and then SHRINE PRIVS at the master shrine lets you use ORDER LEDGER)

If I recall correctly it's also GUILD LEDGER privs for GAs

For city clans it's CITY LEDGER

• Shaddus said:
    I need an answer from order heads, or GA's, or whatever.

If an order/org owns a clan, and you're not in it, but the owner is inactive, what's the syntax for putting yourself as the owner, or someone else?
    GUILD LEDGER CLAN <clan> ASSIGN <head> lets you assign a new head from the list of members in a deeded clan. If you yourself are not already a member, you can't appoint yourself as head. So you'll need to find someone active who is a member, appoint them head, get them to induct you, then appoint yourself.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Why wasn't I here when drama exploded? :S
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Riluna said:

=((
    I hear the Glomdoring is a nice forest ;)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited December 2014
    Rialorm said:
    Riluna said:

=((
    I was real close to doing just that, but sorry. :) It probably would have been a lot cheaper, too, but I miss @Svorai. I'm not sure I could play the Wyrd without her.

• Riluna said:
    Rialorm said:
    Riluna said:

=((
    I was real close to doing just that, but sorry. :) It probably would have been a lot cheaper, too, but I miss @Svorai. I'm not sure I could play the Wyrd without her.
    She is missed indeed :( We've other awesome folks though. I am sure Gaudi is nice as well, if you like eafs and stuff :P /biased
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I still have no clue what eafs even are, IC or OOC. I think I kind of missed a lot over the last year I wasn't playing. I only know enough that I'll have the chance to push Riluna through a lot of turmoil when she finds out. ^^

By the by, is there an event post? I've had trouble finding it. This is the entirety of my knowledge about "eaf" -

1 - It is fae spelled backwards.
    2 - Somehow to make an eaf, murdering fae is involved.

Riluna said:

I still have no clue what eafs even are, IC or OOC. I think I kind of missed a lot over the last year I wasn't playing. I only know enough that I'll have the chance to push Riluna through a lot of turmoil when she finds out. ^^

By the by, is there an event post? I've had trouble finding it. This is the entirety of my knowledge about "eaf" -

Kill fae
    Put fae in cauldron
    Out pops a twisted screwed up looking pig faced mount
  • Yeah, like I said I know nothing. What cauldron? The only cauldrons I know about are used by Shadowdancers.

• It's not a cauldron, it's an artificially created fleshpot
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • edited December 2014

Riluna said:
    I still have no clue what eafs even are, IC or OOC. I think I kind of missed a lot over the last year I wasn't playing. I only know enough that I'll have the chance to push Riluna through a lot of turmoil when she finds out. ^^

Ask Iari ICly!

Edit - Also, EVENTS 312
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Join us next time your for your regularly scheduled 'Educate thyself' Urbash.

Dem Convo's tho
    Satanism and Tinsanity
This discussion has been closed.