Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• "Tentaclessss!" you hiss, sinuously waving your arms at a plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls.
    A plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls looses a gibbering, incomprehensible wail, clots of sticky viridescent stuffing flying out with a fetid reek.

A plush doll of Nifilhema, Queen of Insufferable Cruelty leans close to a plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls, whispering softly. "Remember, Gorgulu, remember!"

A plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls shifts and congeals with several squelching sounds, slowly taking the vague shape of a tall, burly humanoid as a plush doll of Nifilhema squeals in delight.

Suddenly, a plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls belches out a cloud of rancid green gas, collapsing into a writhing clump of tentacles and claws.

A plush doll of Nifilhema, Queen of Insufferable Cruelty gives a pained sigh.

So happy now. That interaction... I'm sitting here giggling like crazy.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • That was always my favorite doll interaction too.

It's pretty tragic.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    For me, it's also that I'm one of the people who doesn't care for curios. So when two or more months in a row, the monthly promotion reward is curios, what incentive do I have to participate or get excited about what you want me to be excited about? I liked it better when the monthly promotions were varied and offered different things.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2014
    I, for one, get annoyed when the reward for effort is a small handful of random pieces, which are totally worthless. Can't sell them, won't have enough to trade and complete a curio, rubbing yields gold I have no use for in pitiful quantities, etc.

My sentiment is "why bother"? Basically what @Everione said, but I do have a collection of curios. It's just not fun anymore, hasn't been since the magic item curios.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You vigorously rub sixth tooth curio piece of the Brass Sprocket Curio Set between
    your thumb and forefinger. The curio trembles and then transforms into base curio
    piece of the Clockwork Pendulum Curio Set.

You vigorously rub base curio piece of the Clockwork Pendulum Curio Set between your
    thumb and forefinger. The curio trembles and then transforms into lower pendulum
    curio piece of the Clockwork Pendulum Curio Set.

You vigorously rub lower pendulum curio piece of the Clockwork Pendulum Curio Set
    between your thumb and forefinger. The curio trembles and then transforms into sixth
    tooth curio piece of the Brass Sprocket Curio Set.

FINE, YOU WIN THIS TIME CURIOS.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Neos said:
    You vigorously rub sixth tooth curio piece of the Brass Sprocket Curio Set between
    your thumb and forefinger. The curio trembles and then transforms into base curio
    piece of the Clockwork Pendulum Curio Set.

You vigorously rub base curio piece of the Clockwork Pendulum Curio Set between your
    thumb and forefinger. The curio trembles and then transforms into lower pendulum
    curio piece of the Clockwork Pendulum Curio Set.

You vigorously rub lower pendulum curio piece of the Clockwork Pendulum Curio Set
    between your thumb and forefinger. The curio trembles and then transforms into sixth
    tooth curio piece of the Brass Sprocket Curio Set.

FINE, YOU WIN THIS TIME CURIOS.
    I watched @Kregarn rub a piece into itself, no joke, five times. In a row. Consecutively.
  • Re: Gnomes. There's a limit of one gnome per drop, right? Or am I misremembering things?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited December 2014
    Yep, I forgot about it and influenced two, and the second one was 'Don't be greedy!' and ran away.

Also, where did the marionettes go? I only need to do it twoce more and they're all gone! *panics*

• I've noticed that too. Marionettes have vanished!
  • You quickly unwrap a glistening silver present, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful
    confetti into the air, and excitedly store the poison escozul in your rift.

Yep. Done.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif
  • Hey, at least you can pick TK and envenom a dagger with it. Three presents, two of them with poisons for me.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yeah, free stuff is the pits

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Heh. I'm not complaining too much. It'll fill up my liquid rift quite nicely, even if that's the only use I'll ever have for it.

That said, I kinda wish presents were a bit more "clever". For instance, giving poisons to someone who's never going to use them is kindof a waste. I mean, at least give me healing potion or something, even if I've got gallons of it already.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2014
    It's only annoying when you score an exceptional present or something and get something worthless like gold.
  • Synkarin said:
    Yep, because that's the basis of our entire complaints about the gnomes. Not that the gifts were faaaar more satisfying to get before the nerf. Not that one could get more than 1 gift a time. Not that Solstice was actually an event we waited for in excitement for a wonderful lusternian christmas. Getting these gifts now is like a kid being given a pack of batteries. Yay, it's free!....im happy?
    Arcanis said:
    Synkarin said:
    Yep, because that's the basis of our entire complaints about the gnomes. Not that the gifts were faaaar more satisfying to get before the nerf. Not that one could get more than 1 gift a time. Not that Solstice was actually an event we waited for in excitement for a wonderful lusternian christmas. Getting these gifts now is like a kid being given a pack of batteries. Yay, it's free!....im happy?
    I know right? The chance for free stuff is pretty crappy. What a terrible game we play where we get the chance of free artifacts and credits and dingbats. I mean just earlier @Kaiel was saying that he got a Circlet for FREE after only 3 presents. This free stuff is crap, we should just do away with it altogether.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Arcanis said:
    Synkarin said:
    I know right? The chance for free stuff is pretty crappy. What a terrible game we play where we get the chance of free artifacts and credits and dingbats. I mean just earlier Kaiel was saying that he got a Circlet for FREE after only 3 presents. This free stuff is crap, we should just do away with it altogether.

Well Kaiel lucked out. He has to suffer with his circlet while I enjoy my vial of poison, magical salt and few gold.
  • edited December 2014
    Look at it this way: The more crap you get, the higher your chance of getting a good present. Or at least an ultimate one.
    I've gotten one present this time around and it was some herbs. Next time gnomes pop, I'm going to look for one to hopefully get another present, which will then let me get more herbs, but eventually, I'll strike gold, get some Ultimate present and it'll all be worthwhile because IT IS FREE. 

Unbunch your panties Debbie Downer

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Arcanis said:
    Synkarin said:
    Arcanis said:
    Synkarin said:
    I know right? The chance for free stuff is pretty crappy. What a terrible game we play where we get the chance of free artifacts and credits and dingbats. I mean just earlier Kaiel was saying that he got a Circlet for FREE after only 3 presents. This free stuff is crap, we should just do away with it altogether.

Well Kaiel lucked out. He has to suffer with his circlet while I enjoy my vial of poison, magical salt and few gold.
    Really dude?  Come on.  They don't have to give presents at all.  I mean, sure, I'd love it if they were changed back to the old algorithm, but this isn't something that they need to do at all.  If you don't like it, then just don't do it.  I love gnomes.  Even if they don't give me much of anything nice these days, it's not so much about what they give me.
  • I can definitely agree with the current system of trading making things far less attractive when it comes to completing sets. In the past, I could just spend gold to get the pieces I needed. That's how I completed the first toy curios, in fact; I don't think I bought a single cask of curios.

Now, however... if I want a piece, I'd first have to have a piece, and odds are that the people collecting curios wouldn't want to trade it for a curio of another type, which means I'd have to buy a set of those curios first. Then I'd have to hope that someone who had the pieces I wanted also wanted the pieces I had. Then I'd have to hope that they just happened to be around at the same time I was. All in all, it's far more complex, and even though I understand why the system is what it is (and I will always be annoyed at people who abuse the system like that), it's a far too restrictive system. I'd far prefer Xenthos idea above (as long as the ability to trade piece for piece also remained, for people who actually want to try to be a bit more economical about it, and be assured a piece, instead of just going "Well, sell yours first and then I'll buy it and hope no one else buys it first").
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    My suggestion above is more of a backup system, a way to get rid of pieces you don't want once the ability to "rub for gold" is removed.  I'd expect direct trading to remain.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I really want an antennae 'hair' curio, but I'm too scared to start buying packages, since I missed the boat...

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    Synkarin said:
    Arcanis said:
    Synkarin said:

He opened an ultimate present. He could had gotten a circlet or a marauder mask out of that, too... but hey, Circlet is fine too. That said, it takes a fair bit of presents before you can get to the ultimate presents being a reasonable chance to open too. For instance, my counter is at 35 and I have a 7% chance to get an exceptional, ultimate is still at under 1% chance. So yeah.... let's complain about everything. Next time there's a presents promo, buy 600 creds and unwrap and get a free 500-ish cr artifact, then complain about how evil Lusternia is with the presents.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Either way, it's all up to RNG-sus. I've gotten ultimate presents consecutively before, and it is hilarious when it happens.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Why is Magnagora making people write poetry now?

Not that I disapprove of making people write poetry.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
This discussion has been closed.