Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shaddus said:
    Vivet said:
    Ya'll are making me feel dumb with your fancy shmancy code talk.

Subject change:

Once again - please, please remove racetrack tickets from the options for an ultimate present.

Just go bet them all on the long shot and hope you win 60k credits.
    That's more or less what I do, but your chance is pretty close to null. That chance is in no way worthy of the title "ultimate", imo.

If you want to have that chance, you can still get tickets for every other tier of present. You can still get up to 30 from an exceptional.

We've had unworthy gifts trimmed out of ultimate range before. This is one that should go.

That, or we can just ask the admin to ensure none of my ultimates give me tickets and they can all go to you. :P

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hey, I'll take your tickets.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Hey, I'll take your tickets.
    I don't know if they are transferable (almost bedtime), but next time, sure.

They aren't, I'm teasing you :P
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Xenthos said:
    Estarra said:
    Rock meet hard place! Just pointing out that the complaints I heard were about curios that impacted combat which we've been trying to avoid. No one is twisting your arm to get these curios and they won't impact combat. Also, I really don't understand complaints about free marionette curios as part of a little event. In any event, I'm certainly open to alternate suggestions if someone cares to open a discussion in the ideas section!
    I am going to present this as a case that curios have gone "too far" at this point:
    You've lost me as a collector.

I just can't do it.  It's not possible to keep working on them.  You have so many millions (number only slightly overstated) of pieces out there.  When a new set is released, you have to complete it immediately or you will never be able to (I mean, the cooking curio set I'd been working on for months, I got to the final few pieces, but it's just an absolutely atrocious headache to try and get it wrapped up).  The RNG makes it nigh impossible to work on old sets.  Some of them you can spend absurd amounts of credits on, but that's all RNG, and the odds of getting the one or two you need are so tiny that you can just flush a thousand credits away.

Being unable to finish that set has completely soured my appetite for working on new ones.  It's just not worth the time or aggravation.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm done unless the mechanics behind the things change.

It's sad, I for one actually liked collecting them.

Various problems include:
    1) You can rub them away to turn them into gold (this takes curio pieces out of the game that other people need).  This needs to just go away, because it makes them even more limited.  You could make it so that people can only rub a certain number of curios each RL day (to keep people from being able to just keep rubbing forever and ever until they are done)
    2) Trading pieces right now is overly restrictive.  You can only trade one piece for another piece.  Especially combined with #1, people are more interested in just destroying the pieces they have ("rubbing out") so that they don't have to worry about trying to look through their list of curios any more; resetting the slate, so to speak.  Something that would, to my eye, be really cool would be a system along these lines:
    a) Using a database of each of the curios pieces (I hope that these things are created in a database!), set up a market on Avechna's Peak.  When the market has 0 of any given piece, it will give you 10,000 gold.  For every piece above that, it will give you 2,000 gold less, to a minimum of 2,000 gold.  This allows you to get the pieces you don't want out of your inventory, kind of as if you were rubbing them- there is a lower payout, but the benefit is that they are still around for others to seek out.  The curio piece is then "destroyed" (and one is added to a count on the database, saying how many are in stock at that point).
    b) Buying them would cost 50,000 gold if there is 1 in stock, 40,000 if 2, 30,000 if 3, 20,000 if 4, or 15,000 if 5+ (it will always be more expensive to buy than to sell).  This makes a bit of a gold sink.  You can even adjust the numbers up if you want, but keep in mind how many bloody pieces there are.  They really can't go too much higher; even at minimum cost, a 4-curio collection would run you 600,000 gold (and at that same minimum would have only added 80,000 into the game-- at 2,000 each, someone would've gotten far more just by doing something like hunting).

This is simply one idea!  I'm sure there are other possibilities, but really, as long as the RNG stays as it is, curios are dead to me.
    This will likely be lost in this thread, should make a new thread with this idea.
    Shaddus said:
    They aren't, I'm teasing you :P
    Well, they should be! I see little reason why they shouldn't.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Gaseous cloier: the face of true evil.

So far from what I've seen, it kills without remorse or allegiance.

Cloier - 6. Players - 0.
    edited December 2014
    Selenity said:
    Gaseous cloier: the face of true evil.

So far from what I've seen, it kills without remorse or allegiance.

Cloier - 6. Players - 0.
    Make that Cloier - 7.

Edit: Cloier - 8.
  • edited December 2014
    @Selenity I thought maybe Kelly went in trying to get a gnome that was standing there. Was hoping to glance in, and go in with numbness and influence it because I've got a young'un who could use a present.

Learned today that the cloier tracks and wanders. Somebody also grabbed my corpse, so I'm praying right now and am about to lose 94, which is nice.

EDIT: Apparently I missed like 6 deaths too, so... my fault!

EDIT2: Apparently corpses have been disappearing fairly quickly and randomly too, according to a couple others, so... maybe nobody grabbed it and I just have crappy luck!
    Altrea said:
    @Selenity I thought maybe Kelly went in trying to get a gnome that was standing there. Was hoping to glance in, and go in with numbness and influence it because I've got a young'un who could use a present.

Learned today that the cloier tracks and wanders. Somebody also grabbed my corpse, so I'm praying right now and am about to lose 94, which is nice.

EDIT: Apparently I missed like 6 deaths too, so... my fault!
    Subotai went in after you. Maybe he went to get your corpse thinking he could get in, get out, and immolate you, but only managed dying too?
  • Subotai couldn't find the corpse. I was wandering around as a spirit trying to figure out where the cloier went while all of it was happening, so the grabbed corpse thing was an assumption which... see EDIT2.

But yeah, I learned something new, and despite feeling dumb and losing a level, it was for a good if slightly misguided cause (of getting new players free crap), so I'm not exactly angry either way.
    edited December 2014
    Altrea said:
    Subotai couldn't find the corpse. I was wandering around as a spirit trying to figure out where the cloier went while all of it was happening, so the grabbed corpse thing was an assumption which... see EDIT2.

But yeah, I learned something new, and despite feeling dumb and losing a level, it was for a good if slightly misguided cause (of getting new players free crap), so I'm not exactly angry either way.
    Edit: you responded, nevermind. :D
    I have never hated questing as much as I have tonight. I also have never wanted to strangle an NPC in this game before today.

I suppose there's a first time for everything.
    (double post)

Also, I really hope these mushrooms aren't going to turn into a giant version of Lights Out.

• The Throne has a LightsOut puzzle variant. So the admin are definitely aware of the puzzle type!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Hartstone rp seems kinda bleh these days. Though, it always was pretty bleh.

• Qistrel said:
    Hartstone rp seems kinda bleh these days. Though, it always was pretty bleh.
    I personally believe there is no way to 'repair' it. You cant simply change something unless a dramatic event takes place that basically changes the place completely. I have seen attempts of changing or 'repairing' the RP of a location several times in Muds and it never works. The only thing that does work is pulling it from its roots and starting over (or in other words, a huge change that can constitute a remake), such as Shallam in Achaea had to receive and became a new city with new ideals and even new gods.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2014
    Not really the place to engage on this, but I don't think that's entirely true. It is hard though. You just need a lot of people on board (both players and admins) and a willingness to make hard changes and play with them.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    What is it about HS RP that is "bleh"? If you can identify that, you can change it. Only if the entire concept is broken is a total restructure necessary.

From my little experience in the HS, and through what people tell me, the advancement system is crazy complicated, and advancing novices can only be done by a very few people, making it hard to get through. But when I had an alt in the HS, I thought the lore was amazing. If the lore is still solid, you can do a whole lot of change around that without destroying what the guild is.

Basically, figure out what your "sacred cows" are, your "ditches to die in", those things that are absolutely essential. Then tear off the stuff that doesn't work anymore and little by little, rebuild it. It can take a long time, but it can be done.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Ja, that's the idea. 

Basically, the problem is that there isn't any central dogma as such, so it's hard to rally players (new and old) around a guild identity. A lot of the things that longer or 'deeper' players love about the lore... isn't immediately apparent and catchy for newer players, who either move on or base their play and characters on other things.
  • I was hoping to bring Bandrui-esque RP to the Hartstone for a while there (Last 2 days I decided against joining Moondancers, but wanted to complete their task anyway so it wouldn't seem as if I were trying to dodge responsibility)

But... 6 RL days with no home/skills sitting around doing not much of anything beyond the occasional RP was rough, especially considering my position in life leaves me with 12+ hours per day with nothing but Lusternia to keep me occupied and sane.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Hehe, if the HS connected themselves to Bandrui, rest assured that Ev would avoid the HS at all costs! :D
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    There aren't many organizational ties there, though personal RP between a HS Shaman and Bandrui makes a certain amount of sense.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The corpse of a rotting worm won't go in a mound of dark, rotting mushrooms for some reason, and just falls to the ground.

Aw. :(
  • Enyalida said:
    Ja, that's the idea. 

Basically, the problem is that there isn't any central dogma as such, so it's hard to rally players (new and old) around a guild identity. A lot of the things that longer or 'deeper' players love about the lore... isn't immediately apparent and catchy for newer players, who either move on or base their play and characters on other things.
    That is actually a very easy problem to solve.  Feel free to message me if you want help with it.
    Meat, Milk, Poultry, Vegetables, and other food comms: 6-12 gold per, 23 per platter.
    Allheale to infuse a platter: 5 sips. Colewort: 7 per. Salt: 1 per. Flax: 7 per, need several for fortify. Spices: 1 per.

Selling con platters at a loss because people like my food: Priceless.
  • edited December 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Meat, Milk, Poultry, Vegetables, and other food comms: 6-12 gold per, 23 per platter.
    Allheale to infuse a platter: 5 sips. Colewort: 7 per. Salt: 1 per. Flax: 7 per, need several for fortify. Spices: 1 per.

Selling con platters at a loss because people like my food: Priceless.
    I always got my comms from certain people who have the manse commodity rooms, and I bought them at around 3-5 gold per. I also had allheale made by an artied alchemist and stuffed into my runed keg. Colewort was the same price for me, and I never used flax (platters refill hunger to full without flax)

Con platters can be silly cheap if you go about it the right way! (which is why I could afford to give away hundreds of thousands of them away for free over the course of a year and a half RL or so.)
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • 20% of a level for what's amounted to 20000 gold and a vial of chansu this year. I just give up at this point.

I am now maintaining the position IC that the gnomes are part of an evil conspiracy to lure all of us into deathtraps so they can give our corpses to that fat dwarf Ironbeard that he may feast upon them while not doing the dirty work himself so that he may be seen as a benevolent gift giver. I see through your scheme, though. You aren't feasting on me again.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    This multiple personality BS the admins seem to have a fad in needs to stop...
This discussion has been closed.