Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Arcanis said:

Wait.., are you saying Celest/Halli players were abusing an obvious bug to try and be spiteful?? shocker..

Edit: And that they would likely no receive any form of punishment other than a slap on the wrist and a wag of a finger? Double shocker

Remember that stonewall bug you abused for weeks to kill people?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

Wait.., are you saying Celest/Halli players were abusing an obvious bug to try and be spiteful?? shocker..

Edit: And that they would likely no receive any form of punishment other than a slap on the wrist and a wag of a finger? Double shocker

Lol'd. Someone's been listening to Glevich.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What? There was a real bug with wall for a while that was stopping tumble, that a lot of people died getting stuck behind unbreakable walls.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Enyalida said:

What? There was a real bug with wall for a while that was stopping tumble, that a lot of people died getting stuck behind unbreakable walls.

The bug didn't last "weeks" though

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited February 2015
    Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

You mean the stonewall 'bug' that I first had an envoy check with the admin to make sure this was intended in which they said it was, before suddenly 1 week later removing it? Yeah..got a point there.

Edit: Maybe we should consider the bug with Aeon not being cured by smoking steam first and the -heavy- abuse certain players did by princessfarewelling repeatedly on people? Nah...that's just nothing.

Spare me
    edited February 2015
    That's true, it was a few days from when envoys noticed it probably. It was a misunderstanding of what the longstanding intent behind walls were, basically. I mean really: walls never stopped tumble before, suddenly walls are stopping tumble with no changelog... bug.

The aeon thing isn't/wasn't a bug or a misunderstanding, it's an issue with the overhaul that has been brought up exhaustivly on the envoys channeled and argued to death. Basically, everyone agrees it's stupid and bad, but there was never ever any promise or explicit intent (with a defined solution and "yes, this is the intent" statement) from admins about fixing it. Not a bug, it's misfeature (like Reality).

EDIT: And if you think the aeon 'bug' is bad, wait until someone saps you, now that internal affs are out. BT especially are going to instalock people with their plague affs and once breaks etc. are in, it's going to get nasty really quick. 

I'm just waiting for the world of screaming that will transpire the minute focus mind goes away, it's been propping up people's expectations of overhaul curing speeds. Now that affs are out that aren't focus mind or limited to bards, all the pain is starting to leak out of the woodwork.

It's just a design 'feature' of the new overhaul system: It's gonna keep getting harder and harder to cure important affs.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    What BT
    Anyways, there is a fix in progress for Aeon (and possibly for other cure-prioritization of unknown form, to be put in across the board).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Or they just fixed the priority bug, which they did

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I was about to say... wasn't Aeon fixed before Ascension?
  • Ieptix fixed that two weeks ago. Please let us know if it isn't prioritizing properly!
  • I fail to see how sap is going to kill anyone.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Shuyin said:

What BT

*Glares at you with one red eye*
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tylwyth said:

I fail to see how sap is going to kill anyone.

Uhwha? Sap is practically required setup for thornrend. Heck, with a good saplock you can just cudgel people to death.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • You are wielding a sleek beam generator in your left hand.
    You are holding:
    a hefty shovel, 4 vials, 2 monolith sigils, a ball of magnetic crystal, a scarecrow hat, a palm 
    sigil, 4 amethyst vials, a blank figurine, a heating crystal, a glowing diamond vial, a dowsing 
    crystal, 2 steam-driven pipes, 2 steam-driven pipes, a silver-feathered pigeon.

FIX IT AAAAAAGH
    Thornrend? If you're thornrending, something has gone terribly wrong.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited February 2015
    Writing a bardic about the process becoming a Celestine Saint that would also go into being a scholarly work, I believe. It's fun writing from Tremula's perspective, because she doesn't have to be reverant or respectful, just honest to a point.

Edit: Clarification.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Last I checked, you can't sap and thornrend.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited February 2015
    You can, it's just an egregious waste of power (and time.to actually rend instead of either locking them up and cudgeling them to death, or lashing a few times and shove/raise spamming until they bleed out. It takes 7 balances and 8p for a full thornrend, on top of the power you spend to sap and hold down sap.
    Ah, weird.

No, I had thought you literally couldn't thornlash a sapped person.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    That changed with the last special report.
    In hindsight, rend should just automatically happen once you get the last lash to alleviate it some
  • But still cost 8p? It seems like a lot of work for little reward.

edited February 2015
    It just doesn't come up much. Either you're soloing and you lock them down long enough to get all five lashes, and therefore can just wait the few extra seconds it'll take for them to bleed out, or it's a group: They've either been bursted out by your group or cleansed out by theirs.

Here's to a non-sap druid possibility after the overhaul?
    I don't mind 1p per limb, but allergies need to be reviewed before rend itself can be adjusted
  • Shaddus said:

Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

Lolno. More like, the only time I've ever died to Arcanis was when stonewall was bugged and I decided to jump people in Mag. Just pointing out the double standard.
    Kaiel said:

Shaddus said:

Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

Lolno. More like, the only time I've ever died to Arcanis was when stonewall was bugged and I decided to jump people in Mag. Just pointing out the double standard.
    Arcanis said:

Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

You mean the stonewall 'bug' that I first had an envoy check with the admin to make sure this was intended in which they said it was, before suddenly 1 week later removing it? Yeah..got a point there.

Edit: Maybe we should consider the bug with Aeon not being cured by smoking steam first and the -heavy- abuse certain players did by princessfarewelling repeatedly on people? Nah...that's just nothing.

Spare me
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:

Thornrend? If you're thornrending, something has gone terribly wrong.

Or you're doing it to show your awesome superiority at pulling off a kill method everyone scoffs at on a supposedly capable player.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited February 2015
    Shaddus said:

Kaiel said:

Shaddus said:

Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

Arcanis said:

Kaiel said:

Arcanis said:

Spare me
    He can come up with whatever bullshit excuse he wants. It wasn't fixed because it was a feature. It was fixed because it was a bug. That he abused until the day it got fixed.

Just sayin'.

@Arcanis: Was I defending people abusing pfarewell, or pointing out that you did the same thing the moment you realized you had a bug to abuse?
    Thornrend is fun against Crown, it has some decidedly strange behavior trying to handle it in certain situations that lead to really funny kills.
This discussion has been closed.