Simple Ideas

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It irritates me that influencing has surpassed bashing in every way possible. Esteem is worth more than offering corpses (by an enormous margin if you level up your figurines). Generates more exp. No risk of death. Can still farm gold. 

EQUALITY FOR BASHERS. WE ARE OPRESSED.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Man, if we're balancing bashing and influencing, just raise bashing to influencing's level in terms of boons. GET ON OUR LEVEL, I SAID IT.

Don't nerf my groove :(

Back in my day we bashed to demigod. On astral. Uphill both ways. 

Spoiled kids. *shake cane*
  • Celina said:

Back in my day we bashed to demigod. On astral. Uphill both ways. 

Spoiled kids. *shake cane*
    You forgot "through a blizzard of dandruff fighting parasites with our bare fists".
    You know, there were some times when we actually did have to bash out parasites because we drained the nodes so hard grinding people to demigod. 

Back when I was a Magnagoran.

*whistful sighing*
  • if Ikons get nerfed, nerf squads too. Astral bashing newbies up is OP.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    edited April 2015
    Massive group astral bashing is the only type of bashing that competes with buff stacking influencing. The major difference is that super astral bashes have some glaring limitations including node availability, insanity limitations, and of course your group getting wiped. 
  • edited April 2015
    The answer is to introduce influencung guards akin to how bashing critters summons guards. This way, people can't just sit at a stack and afkinfluence away without a care in the world.

They'd just gang up on someone and start debating them out because you're e-bullying one of their own with weakening or something.

Plus points if said guards were extra sassy in their debate style. Ooh, or go all Monkey Island on you.
  • Next you're going to ask to nerf influence/combat completely.
    The playa you love to hate
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Make ikons a general XP buff, not just influencing, fair for everyone!

Or nerf those buffs hard. They are very readily available, cheap, and a huge bonus.

A group hunting astral (as in, needing upward of 11 or so people to get that kind of xp) is nowhere near the same as one person merrily skipping around all avenger protected and safe. Many in the group die, nodes are not limitless, insanity is a thing, there is no gold, people can sneak in, overlinking or ganking the group, and it takes longer to make it seriously worthwhile. Comparing apples and cows.

• Just something for luxury, could it be possible to ORDER LEPRECHAUN IGNORE <thing>, so they won't pick it up when you're bashing. I'll run all over an Elemental plane thinking I've missed a mob when I killed it, my leprechaun just decided to take corpse/essence. It's not as bad since I got an acquisitio ring, but still, would be nice if he'd leave the essence pickup to me.
  • They have that. It's FAERETURN LEPRECHAUN. ;)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Make ikons a general XP buff, not just influencing, fair for everyone!

Or nerf those buffs hard. They are very readily available, cheap, and a huge bonus.

A group hunting astral (as in, needing upward of 11 or so people to get that kind of xp) is nowhere near the same as one person merrily skipping around all avenger protected and safe. Many in the group die, nodes are not limitless, insanity is a thing, there is no gold, people can sneak in, overlinking or ganking the group, and it takes longer to make it seriously worthwhile. Comparing apples and cows.

How about ikons significantly increasing the ego cost for all influencing? I'm not throwing out numbers as this is purely speculation, but it makes sense to me that the highest level ikons should introduce an element of actual risk along with the sweet, sweet rewards. The hour long ego burnout alone would be a nice parallel to bashing deaths, even if the actual xp loss on burnout remains the same.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A though out of nowhere, and certainly not related to a play that isn't being produced anywhere at all, can we have 'em', 's', 'sh', 't', and 'y' added as aliases for 'backstage effect create foo X bar'?
  • Silea said:

It just seems weird to buy an Ikon that gives 200% boost for twelve hours that tics only when I'm logged in for 10~ credits, but lips that boost 100% for 24 straight hours even if I am logged in for one hour of it for 30 credits.

Given they stack and not replace each other comparing them is a bit odd. There are also and have been for more than a decade free xp boosts as well.

That said, even if lips gave only 12 hours of boosts while on line, players would generally get far more out of them then the current set up.
  • Shaddus said:

The 1000 lesson No Brainer Package should reset at the New Year irl, letting you buy it again once an IRL year.

Dummy. It should reset June 1st in time for the Summer player bump!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Release another quest that rewards with Soulless pieces.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Runelist to show all fused runes please.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited April 2015
    I wish race and stats were separate.

So you could pick your arr-pee race with your favourite metagaming stats, instead of almost having to opt for the best stats. Some races in some contexts you will never see. An axe swinging templar faeling? A convincing loboshigaru influencer? A towering krokani mage? All of those would make for fun arr-pee imho, if only anyone would pick that (Can't blame them for not doing it though).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yacsee said:

I wish race and stats were separate.

So you could pick your arr-pee race with your favourite metagaming stats, instead of almost having to opt for the best stats. Some races in some contexts you will never see. An axe swinging templar faeling? A convincing loboshigaru influencer? A towering krokani mage? All of those would make for fun arr-pee imho, if only anyone would pick that (Can't blame them for not doing it though).

Something many of us have wished for a long time! The best work around is to be the race you want for stats, then buy a racehat (50 dingbats) for the rp race you want, as it will make you appear that race for all intents and purposes as though it were true.

• Oh, I didn't know such a thing existed! Thanks @Lavinya!

Though I still wish those two things were separated. ;)
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The hat thing is messy IMO. Apprently you're IC using the gnafia's magic to disguise yourself as the race you want. Which is meh. I hated being racehatted when I was, it just felt bad.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If people ask me icly whether I have a race hat on, I act confused like I don't know what they're talking about. If they dominate me to take it off or do something to bring attention to it, I kill them or someone they love.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:

If people ask me icly whether I have a race hat on, I act confused like I don't know what they're talking about. If they dominate me to take it off or do something to bring attention to it, I kill them or someone they love.

Guess you'll be murdering yourself soon.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I would really like to see the weighting system for published books broken converted from thresholds to a direct formula (such as the 200 words per weight that the current thresholds fit).  I know that while we're writing, @Portius and I often have been frustrated by ending up in positions where our books end up well above one threshold, but require padding to reach the next.  Miscalculating a bit on the size a work is going to end up and writing a book that sits at the 4k or 8kish length can be frustrating when you know you're essentially writing another weight category worth of book to no further benefit to your org, and I don't much see the benefit of the specific cutoffs.  
  • (also it'll stop @portius from putting out books that are 1015 words long constantly)
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited April 2015
    I have turned the mass production of marginally over 1k word long narrative poems into an art form, and I would really like for that skill to become obsolete. Please switch over to a formula from the brackets.

EDIT: I want to make it clear just how much optimizing for the length brackets has determined what I've written for Lusternia. Those 1kish word poems are calibrated to be as close to the threshold to get meaningful points as possible, since going over is just wasted words. Beyond those, a lot of my books are anthologies of various related things. I do that purely because that lets me add in new sections to pad for length without requiring major rewrites. Remove the brackets (or just make a lot of much smaller brackets) and that problem mostly goes away, since it's a lot harder to waste words.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Can we get the Wyrdling to accept more than one essence at a time? I know it's only a minor inconvenience, but having to hand them all over one at a time, then getting the conversion messages one at a time...it bothers me :C
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."