General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Nope. As in the Pawnee Creek in Colorado. Sorry tired, and the fact I am directionally challenged is showing. I used to live near the North Platte, moved to the South Platte river, it's about a quarter of a mile if that from me.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I called my mothers on mothers day, which was good. On the other hand, my mother called to my grandmother and is basically done volunteering to interact with her, if she can help it. There's a lot of crap going on there, that's basically dumping all this responsability and stress on her, and my grandmother is totally 100% emotionally unavailable and dismissive of efforts to reach out to her and make sure she's safe and comfortable. 
  • edited May 2015
    Gossip.

There's general gossip "so and so of our mutual acquaintance is doing this now. Did you hear? They have married and now have kids!"

that's slightly irritating but understandable.

Then there's Malicious gossip where people present things in a negative light.

Then there's the stalking papparazzi style gossip which is prevalent down where I live.

i.e "did you hear, Girl X ATE ICE CREAM AT MALL Y!? She has terrible manners! She ate it with a SPOON out of a CONE! She was arguing with her friend/companion. Her friend MUST hate HER! He looked so angry! Do you think that she tried to hit on him"

reality: Girl X was out shopping and met friend. Ended up in a heated but enjoyable debate over games and movies. Friend was angry because she didn't agree with his points. Friend wasn't furious, or actually angry. Just got a little heated and over excited. 

Let me tell you. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. I don't even know how to fight against this kind of thing, except to smile hold my head high and go about my business. Even so, after while, it just wears me down, and I have to restrain the urge to stalk back there and beat them all up. That's just level one, level two is they go after you, your personal history and then your family in an attempt to destroy you. Then they take everything you say out of context, even your logical explanations. There's no arguing with stupid except to either make stupid feel better about themselves so that they will go away. If you can't because you lack the patience and the skillset - kill it with fire by any means possible. Stupid respects strength.

This happened a long while back. I just needed to vent this all out, somewhere, because I'm still furious.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Just goes to show that women are crazy.  :p
    Stangmar - Retired

• My own contribution to mother's day was babysitting for one of them. And I discovered that Mousetrap is the worst game ever invented. We got caught at the 'end loop' for over half and hour, where I tried desperately to drop the die to make myself lose every time the kid wasn't watching.

It didn't work. I won, and he STILL wanted to play again. :(
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Stangmar said:
    Just goes to show that women are crazy.  :p
    I've seen guys do this just as often. The rumors are different, but they're still there. ie: "Told that fool we was gonna throw down, he didn't even show up. Too afraid to show his face. Probably jacking off cause he can't get a date." when in reality, Guy 1 gave Guy 2 a scowl and never said a word, Guy 2 never noticed, went home, and did something productive. Or hell, didn't, but still didn't know he was apparently scheduled to have his face rearranged across town.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kethaera said:
    My own contribution to mother's day was babysitting for one of them. And I discovered that Mousetrap is the worst game ever invented. We got caught at the 'end loop' for over half and hour, where I tried desperately to drop the die to make myself lose every time the kid wasn't watching.

It didn't work. I won, and he STILL wanted to play again. :(
    I remember wasting so many hours on Mousetrap.
  • Xenthos said:
    I remember wasting so many hours on Mousetrap.
    Yeah... actually the saddest part is that I loved that game as a kid and spent hours playing it by myself, and never understood why no one wanted to play it as much as me... NOT ANYMORE.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I have this amazing gag reflex whereas if I bite into anything in food that shouldn't be there, like a chicken bone or fish skin or a piece of shell or whatever, everything in my stomach has to come back up. If I don't go voluntarily throw up, my stomach will convulse until I do. I was reminded of this at lunch Sunday, when my mother took my wife, the kids, and I out to eat chinese for Mother's Day.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Stangmar said:
    Dudes were partially responsible for this as well. I'm so angry, If I ever meet the dude and dudettes responsible for starting all this off, I'm going to make their life a misery. Nothing illegal, but they'll be very uncomfortable. For the rest of my life if need be. Until they break down crying and they are no longer a threat to me or anyone else. Nasty idiots.

Seriously, this kind of stupid will believe a photoshopped picture, allegedly exposing someone as "gay". JUST ONE PICTURE. Nevermind the fact the person in question has never exhibited any signs of being 'gay''and so on. Perception and popularity, that counts more than anything. 

*Strangles imaginary person*
    is dead like the dodo
  • Tarkenton said:
    My yard, it is not public property. Period. Not only do I find trash because there is a community path that runs between mine and my neighbors property but then people over on the other street seem to think it is okay despite the no trespassing signs to cut through my yard to the path! Even when I am out there mowing the yard and they give ME a look when I give them a look of wtf you doing.

got an ace up my sleeve though.. I got a hawthorn tree that needs cut back pretty good, gonna set up a nice brush pile on the path they got worn down into my yard, they get hurt, its not my fault, the no trespassing sign is posted. -_-
    Assuming you live in the US, no, that's not enough. When burglars can sue a home or business if they're injured while committing a crime and win...I'd just put up some chainlink fence.
    eEh, nver seen evidence of this. It seems to be just a common myth as far as I can tell. I think Snopes has debunked one or two specific ones....Burglar falling through a skylight? I think....

See also->Stand Your Ground....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Eh, in teh spirit of this thread, My Grandmother and Aunt were in a car wreck this mothers day, though they are alright, My aunt had to go with my Grandma to the hospital, and got permission from the officer on the scene, but now she can't find their car......
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Stangmar said:
    Not all of us.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Mine has other people in her head.  

Literally.  It's why she can write as much as she does.  Constant narration of voices, mostly male characters, that offer their opinions on whatever's going on around her.
  • It's not -just- the females. It was the dudes as well. Both genders in this section of society, down where I live, gossip like crazy. For them, there is literally nothing else to do. 

is dead like the dodo
    edited May 2015
    I got a raise Monday. Yes, this is a rant.

My position at my job is QC, and two long-term people are retiring soon. As it is a union plant, their jobs get posted and people sign up for it, and the highest seniority signers get the jobs. The problem is that the pay grade is about halfway up the scale, and the sort of responsible people we want in the positions are already making more money, thus making them not want to take a pay cut. So my union and the plant got together and basically promoted the QC position to a higher pay grade, effectively giving all QC a 1.64 an hour raise. Now, the older and responsible people will sign onto the positions instead of random newbies who think quality is an easy job, or people who are continually on FMLA/sick/not at work.

The rest of the plant got pissed off that -they- didn't get raises, and started throwing a fit.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    B.B. King died.

• Stangmar said:
    From what I see, everyone is crazy... except me. 
  • Welp, fishing trip was a huge bust.
    Spent $80-ish altogether on rods, licenses, miscellaneous gear, and boat rental. Not so much as a nibble all day. D:
  • Alendel said:
    Welp, fishing trip was a huge bust. Spent $80-ish altogether on rods, licenses, miscellaneous gear, and boat rental. Not so much as a nibble all day. D:
    Tell me there was at least some decent booze there... x_x
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Lusternia won't let me log in. My kidneys hurt. I bit my tongue. Not my day today!
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • No booze cuz I've got work in an hour. But I'm not a huge drinker so I likely wouldn't have thought of bringing any.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2015
    This damn hotel won't let me check in early, despite my company reserving 30+ rooms from them, so I've been sitting in this lobby for 4 mother effing hours with no sleep. I already demonstrated my extensive "vocabulary" to the front desk for being so ridiculously inflexible and told them they will be finding a new location for major corporate events. If we are reserving 30+ rooms for an entire week for people flying in from all over the country, and you can't manage to accommodate the handful that arrive early for an hour or two, yoooooooou can go f*** yourself.
  • Celina said:
    This damn hotel won't let me check in early, despite my company reserving 30+ rooms from them, so I've been sitting in this lobby for 4 mother effing hours with no sleep. I already demonstrated my extensive "vocabulary" to the front desk for being so ridiculously inflexible and told them they will be finding a new location for major corporate events. If we are reserving 30+ rooms for an entire week for people flying in from all over the country, and you can't manage to accommodate the handful that arrive early for an hour or two, yoooooooou can go f*** yourself.

As somebody who has an immediate family member that works at a hotel and gets to hear the daily experience....there's really not much they can do in most cases.  Keep in mind somebody stayed in that room the night before and they have to be given time to check out and the room needs to be gone through before they can check people in....and depending on the size of the hotel, they can't always get to your company's rooms first.   

Stangmar - Retired

• I've never liked Eminem.
  • My weekend trip to San Francisco further solidified my hatred for public transportation.

It's good to be home in the suburbs. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Rant for broken bones that lead to missing things. Am hoping meds wear off and leave me coherent sometime soon.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.