QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2015
    @Salome offers to trade you smiles curio piece of the Leprechaun Pot Curio Set for second lock of frosty mane curio piece of the Frosty Mane Curio Set. Type AGREE if you wish to accept this offer.

You have agreed to the trade!

Salome tells you, "Smiles, for the Lady who grants me them."
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • (OOCCLAN) Marcella says, "Sedanas is made half of ambition, half of 
    bishounen, and half of pure spite against people who say he can't do something."

That's going on the signature

• (Celest): Aeldra says, "Any specific reasons we got eye sigils floating around the inner sea?"
    (Celest): Talena says, "No eye dear."
    (Celest): Telperion (from the Aetherways) says, "Haha."
    (Celest): Taevyn (from the Aetherways) says, "That may or may not have been me."
    (Celest): Talena says, "And i just ruined my own credibility, but worth it."
    (Celest): Kali (from the Aetherways) says, "Well, we do try to keep an eye on that area."
    (Celest): Aeldra says, "Hahaha. Okay!"
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • TIL I like Talena's style.
  • Suddenly jagged rifts tear open the sky high above Magnagora, flickering as hideous humanoid 
    creatures begin to pour through the rifts, diving into the thick, tainted smog of the tainted city.

I just closed the damn thing :((
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Donato said:
    Suddenly jagged rifts tear open the sky high above Magnagora, flickering as hideous humanoid 
    creatures begin to pour through the rifts, diving into the thick, tainted smog of the tainted city.

When they dive into Magnagora, isn't that the epic quest eating them?  Hm.
  • edited July 2015
    Xenthos said:
    Donato said:
    Suddenly jagged rifts tear open the sky high above Magnagora, flickering as hideous humanoid 

When they dive into Magnagora, isn't that the epic quest eating them?  Hm.
    They still infest the seas.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Here's what happened:

I went to reincarnate. For some reason, the Portal wouldn't accept Loboshigaru (uppercase L) as a race I could use. It had to be lowercase. I didn't figure this out until I had liched.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Context often ruins good jokes :(
  • Message #XYZ sent by Arcanis
    You ask for help in Mag, silence, ask for contestants, drown in them. 

Pithy 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    He should consider the source of the requests. Maybe they are trying to literally drown him. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Luce said:

(I occasionally try to sneak the dropped in as a haiku.)

I knew I liked you.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2015
    Players were consulted, also in today's the more you know series:

1) Designs using contractions in tailoring (0.02%), cooking (0.01%), jewelry (0.01%).
    2) We currently have 19462 designs approved. Break that 20k milestone!
  • Kaalak said:
    Talan said:
    TRADEMASTERS NEWS #480
    Date: 7/29/2015 at 20:17
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Contractions

Greetings, Trademasters.

After lengthy deliberation We have decided to introduce a new guideline
    regarding the use of contractions within designs. Contractions are words
    such as "it's", "that's", "they've", and might appear in sentences like
    so: "red ribbon runs across the silk that's been pinned to the skirt".

We have decided, effective immediately, to prohibit the use of such
    words in designing. We are keen to ensure that the design guidelines
    never feel as if they are restricting your creativity, and do not
    believe that this ruling will do so. Rather, We hope that it will enrich
    the work of you and your very talented designers, and ensure that
    descriptions flow elegantly.

This ruling is additionally retroactive. As such, We will be going
    through existing designs to ensure that they are in accordance with it.
    We will change nothing other than the contraction itself: our above
    example would become "red ribbon runs across the silk that has been
    pinned to the skirt". This will take Us some time and We are grateful
    for your patience as We attend to doing so.

HELP TRADEMASTERS has been updated to reflect this change. As always,
    should you have any questions, you may message Us.

The Charites

Penned by My hand on the 5th of Klangiary, in the year 418 CE.

-

Dear @Charities

After lengthy deliberation that evidently did not include players, this is an idea that is an unneeded use of time and resources.   I do not recall using contractions in any of my designs but I still disagree with your decision, with all due respect, please reverse it. 

Thank you. 
    Made me feel even more depressed. Add that to the money I have put in this game... Meh.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So....this is technically a non-issue, and not even a widespread issue. The Charites are busy enough, quit giving them busy work :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Shots fired. Quick everyone, revolt with contractiontastic designs!
  • Shaddus said:
    So....this is technically a non-issue, and not even a widespread issue. The Charites are busy enough, quit giving them busy work :(
    It is a non-issue indeed! It would seem that 99.99% of all designers already operate under the impression that contractions are banned. Nonetheless, apparently the reviewers asked for clarification and an official ruling after a disagreement on how to handle some recent designs. This is the result: an official statement supporting what has already existed but not written down.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I think the majority of the upset is over the fact that there's another thing that we CAN'T do. While I'm not in favour of or against this, having a new guideline for something we'd been fairly good on already seems a bit non-sensical. I don't use contractions often in my designs, but that doesn't mean I'd like the option - a less formal design or something intentionally cutesy/fun works a lot better with contractions, for example.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't know that most players presumed it was banned as much as often designers preferred not to use contractions as, let's face it, most designs go for grandiose over simplistic. I just think its overly fussy. But hey, I do as I'm told either way.

• Yet another thing that people can't do when they haven't been doing it anyways? This officially announces what existed already, cannot emphasise that enough. Designs have always been meant to follow the same guidelines that we have for room, mob, and object descriptions. If you see any with contractions, ought to typo them. 

In addition: there is no middle ground. Reviewers have asked for a ruling so they have a uniform guideline rather than today this is okay, tomorrow not. It avoids situations such as: two days ago three designs of player X passed with a contraction but two almost identical ones didn't. A middle ground and lack of a ruling to reference is confusing and time-consuming for everyone involved: designers, reviewers, and the Charites.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Personally I like knowing for certain whether something is allowed or not. The only way this is changing how I design is letting me know for certain that there is another thing I definitely should not do, and I appreciate that. If people weren't using contractions in their designs anyway, what's the use of getting in a huff over it?