Simple questions?

Comments

• edited March 2015
    A simple idea, not a simple question, has been removed.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Lavinya said:

(Also I like seeing you back and am almost tempted to return to one of my abandoned alts to play with you again!)

For the moment, it's mostly backreading the forum to make sure I have some sense of what's going on. And speaking of...!

It's little snippets here and there in threads, but I'm under the impression that a whole lot more mugwump lore exists now (or at least, is more commonly found) then there was when I started playing. Can all of that be compiled anywhere, and/or how do I go about finding it?
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Mugwumps just get completely screwed in the lore, all the time. I kind of remember your name, but not sure how far back it was? Was the Asylum around? Do you know about Soulforge? I don't know of much involving 'wumps besides those two.

• I've seen the asylum, though I don't know it's background. Soulforge doesn't ring a bell. Was also thinking of that thread a few months back on Magnagoran house lineages, with mugwumps among the speculation.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • My impression was that a lot of that info was coming out of the Elder books, the Vernal books, and the Presidio, asylum, and Malacoda manor. Soulforge is the city/town/village of Duum/Muudand is reason number 2 why midbies can't hunt in the sewers.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    What's the exact phrasing the Fates use when asking newbies which city/commune they go to, does anyone know?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Can I get a permanent unenemying with amnesty, or do I have to parley with gold?

How much should I be expecting to pay to get unenemied from the figurines on Bottledowns and the candies on Crumkindivia?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:

Can I get a permanent unenemying with amnesty, or do I have to parley with gold?

How much should I be expecting to pay to get unenemied from the figurines on Bottledowns and the candies on Crumkindivia?

You can get the status permanently removed with amnesty, but it's pretty rare. The actual amount of gold it takes seems to drop over time (or with repeated amnesties, maybe), with a minimum amount somewhere between 20k - 50k, depending on the actual area in question.

You can find out with appraise ("ASK <governor> WHAT WILL I GET FOR <amount of cash>?") What your current fines are. Put in 20000, and he might tell you "2 months". Ask again with 30000, and he might say 3. Going up by 10k at some point, he'll say "For that, you'll get full amnesty," and that's your overall gold cost (which goes down for some reason or another, over time).

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • You can get a perm unenemying with amnesty. I don't know exactly what the requirements for it are, or if there are even requirements or if it is just random, though.

You can check out the gold needed using the appraisement ability in influence. ASK <creature> WHAT WILL I GET FOR 10000

Keep changing the number until you get to the number of months you want. It's like the old Uncharted Waters game where you can test out prices and haggle until you find that sweet spot of the lowest cost. Amnesty is usually more worth it, since it's free and in fact, gives you esteem for the trouble. But it can be difficult if you're trying to get it from a supermob. Bottledowns isn't that difficult, though, iirc.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What's the exact phrasing the Fates use when asking newbies which city/commune they go to, does anyone know?
    "Correct," says Clotho, "You are 18 years old. Now, the next question may be 
    more difficult to answer. What faction do you remember being a part of?"
    You can choose from the following factions:

Cities:
             Celest (City of Light)        Magnagora (City of Evil)
             Gaudiguch (City of Chaos)     Hallifax (City of Order)

Communes:
             Serenwilde (Neutral Forest)   Glomdoring (Dark Forest)

CITIES        : List the available cities.
         INFO   <city> : Information on the city.
         SELECT <city> : Select the given city for your character.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Does anyone know if pre-pending works for custom emotes in the reaction system?
  • Daraius said:

"Correct," says Clotho, "You are 18 years old. Now, the next question may be 
    more difficult to answer. What faction do you remember being a part of?"
    You can choose from the following factions:

Cities:
             Celest (City of Light)        Magnagora (City of Evil)
             Gaudiguch (City of Chaos)     Hallifax (City of Order)

Communes:
             Serenwilde (Neutral Forest)   Glomdoring (Dark Forest)

CITIES        : List the available cities.
         INFO   <city> : Information on the city.
         SELECT <city> : Select the given city for your character.

Except you now choose your city/commune before the game starts. instead of in game.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

If you're using Nexus or the HTML5 client, yes. Mudlet, Mush, or some other independent client would use this script.
    I used to make cakes.

• That's interesting.....Different intro's for different clients?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

To a point, yes. The HTML5 client has pictures and music and other flashy things. The very first item is "Select your faction," then you put in your character's name and age like you're signing up for a newsletter. But eventually they both dump you into the terrible Newton intro and you choose your race at the very end.
    I used to make cakes.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yeah, it's a hot mess all around.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Besides the gods, who can actually officiate weddings?

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited March 2015
    Members of divine orders who have the privs.

EDIT:

Marriage
       - MARRY <person> TO <person> At least one of those to be wedded must either be in the Order or in the city/commune with which your Patron is aligned.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Is there a way to check whether you've completed the bard/pilgrim/scholar/power challenges in a given day?

Is there a way to check how many times you've received the 5-day bonus from those challenges?

If no to both, has anybody made a little Mudlet script to track these things?
    I used to make cakes.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    ACHIEVEMENT STATS I believe

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Yesss, thank you.
    I used to make cakes.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Qistrel said:

Besides the gods, who can actually officiate weddings?

The trick is to get kidnapped by an Ephemeral, who then forces you to get married.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • WTB Ephemeral with liberal definitions of 'consent' and aspirations for the Dawneye Tribe >.>
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited March 2015
    On today's episode of Portius is bad at questing, he has no idea how to procure new hosts for the slivven parasites.

Would appreciate information on the start point and any quirks that I have to watch out for.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Is there a way to un/mark a whole thread as read? Because Tweets is perma marked as read for me.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Aruin said:

Is there a way to un/mark a whole thread as read? Because Tweets is perma marked as read for me.

Not just you it seems. I blame @Drocilla.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Happening to me too.

• I was looking over the wiki at different skills that look useful
    (Damageshift and Discern, especially), and wanted to ask. If you're
    maxing Night before Wicca, do you have to put as much of a priority on
    getting Contemplate? I can piece together it's supposed to be good for
    Toading, but wonder if it's as important if you're trying to get
    nightkiss.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Contemplate without toad is fairly pointless. If you're rushing for night kiss, and don't envision getting toad soon, then contemplate isn't a huge priority.
  • How often do people see coins from their urtraps? Is that even still a thing?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."