Simple questions?

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Are the forsaken/ice angel quests still doable or are they bugged?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    They fixed them recently.

That said, we've had faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much of the aeon winds, thank you very much.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    -things to do-
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Besides the Poteen pot, are there any general offering bonuses in the game? (not figurine stuff)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • @Talan, there's a DivineTattoo buff for up to a 10% bonus at 100 weight.  There's also the divine cookies from ur'traps for earning esteem, but they don't change the offering effect.
  • Isn't there also a cult thing? Not sure if that'd be called "general" though.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Is Nektree in Nekotai a seperate chance to resist forced movement, or does it add summon resist when in forest?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Tarkenton said:

Is Nektree in Nekotai a seperate chance to resist forced movement, or does it add summon resist when in forest?

Pretty sure it just adds lots of rooting when in forests

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited April 2015
    Second question.  Was reading over Cav abilities, and it says when you bond a beast that it gets mount/a bunch of other things for free.  If you've already trained your beast with those, do they become inherents and are the trains that you spent freed up?

And thanks Synkarin!  I was wondering since there's a message if nektree prevents you from moving.
  • edited April 2015
    Does a summoned leprechaun have a maximum amount of things it can carry? I was hunting the Elemental planes (squishy faeling have problems hunting higher level things, so it's a slow grind to 80) and went from Water to Fire, and after Water my leprechaun had two pieces of light essence. When I finished Fire, though, he only had three pieces of fire essence and I was missing the two pieces of light essence. I know he can hold more than one type (from playing around and having him hold platters and shadows), but I'm not quite sure what the specifics of his inventory are.

Update: Somehow the two pieces of light essence I was missing ended up in my inventory while I was at the Ravenwood. Maybe a friendly admin?
  • Does a summoned leprechaun have a maximum amount of things it can carry? I was hunting the Elemental planes (squishy faeling have problems hunting higher level things, so it's a slow grind to 80) and went from Water to Fire, and after Water my leprechaun had two pieces of light essence. When I finished Fire, though, he only had three pieces of fire essence and I was missing the two pieces of light essence. I know he can hold more than one type (from playing around and having him hold platters and shadows), but I'm not quite sure what the specifics of his inventory are.

It's less about his inventory size, and more that essence just seems to mysteriously disappear when he's got them. Sometimes it seems to vanish immediately when he scoops them up.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:

How often do people see coins from their urtraps? Is that even still a thing?

Also, bump because inquiring minds must know.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I seem to recall a way to forward a message to someone else, but can't find it in HELP MESSAGES. Anyone know how, or am I simply misremembering?
  • edited April 2015
    Riluna said:

Does a summoned leprechaun have a maximum amount of things it can carry? I was hunting the Elemental planes (squishy faeling have problems hunting higher level things, so it's a slow grind to 80) and went from Water to Fire, and after Water my leprechaun had two pieces of light essence. When I finished Fire, though, he only had three pieces of fire essence and I was missing the two pieces of light essence. I know he can hold more than one type (from playing around and having him hold platters and shadows), but I'm not quite sure what the specifics of his inventory are.

It's less about his inventory size, and more that essence just seems to mysteriously disappear when he's got them. Sometimes it seems to vanish immediately when he scoops them up.

Are they vanishing permanently?
    Cuz I and some others have had a problem with light essence from dream leechs vanishing(usually when it says it drops the essence but then it never shows up in the room), and the BUG report people basically shrugging and asking for more data.
    OTOH essence will vanish from your INV after a bit. but that times some time.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    As far as I'm aware, coins are extremely rare from ur'Traps. I remember Xenthos having a bunch and commenting that he hadn't gotten a single coin over a long period of time. 
  • Riluna said:

Are they vanishing permanently?
    Cuz I and some others have had a problem with light essence from dream leechs vanishing(usually when it says it drops the essence but then it never shows up in the room), and the BUG report people basically shrugging and asking for more data.
    OTOH essence will vanish from your INV after a bit. but that times some time.

As I recall, yes, my leprechaun always lost them forever (sometimes after I probed him, sometimes before). I gave up on bug reports after a while, and just stopped summoning it altogether. Even without minor bugs, leprechauns are nearly worse than worthless.

Anyone have a list of the various bubblixes ranked in order of usefulness?  Got a few dingbats to burn, so considering getting a few.
  • I don't know, @Riluna, I like him picking up gold for me. I hear there's an avarice enchantment, but I can never seem to find one, so until then he's more than welcome to tag along and provide it for free one power.
    I just pick things up that mobs I kill drop. The vast majority of the time, no one is going to swoop in and steal them.
  • Niico said:

I don't know, @Riluna, I like him picking up gold for me. I hear there's an avarice enchantment, but I can never seem to find one, so until then he's more than welcome to tag along and provide it for free one power.

There are almost always avarice horns available in the aetherplex, if you're looking for one.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:

As far as I'm aware, coins are extremely rare from ur'Traps. I remember Xenthos having a bunch and commenting that he hadn't gotten a single coin over a long period of time. 

I have one ur'trap that I religiously reset every time it came up (fully upgraded so I could do it quickly), and it came up with rubbish pretty much every time.  It wasn't worth the time or effort.

Then the wheel got nerfed and I stopped bothering with the thing. :)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I shed no tears for those things that fade away into nothingness where they belong.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I like the cookies, personally. Mine's just for xp, but I love how the cookies let me control when I use them for short periods of time. And they keep replenishing! I'll take them over lips any day.

I don't know, @Riluna, I like him picking up gold for me. I hear there's an avarice enchantment, but I can never seem to find one, so until then he's more than welcome to tag along and provide it for free one power.

The avarice is okay. I think that's the one and only thing we were able to envoy for it. He's a terrible acquisitio though, and his pvp function is pretty much nonexistant. I doubt people ever notice the amount they lose.

• For the Heart of Shallah quest, do you have to put 20 essence in a group into the heart, or does separate work? I've put 20 in, though not all at once, and no dice.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Skellithrax You need 25 pieces, if I remember right.
  • Niico said:

Does search at the aetherplex for horn. Ironically they mostly seem to be flutes.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    If I have level 2 regen underground (from being illithoid) and level 2 regeneration in tainted areas (from being a lich) how much regen do I have in tainted underground areas? Level 3? Or just level 2?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I wanna say it's capped at 3, but don't quote me on that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    If your question is "Do these stack in this weird terrain combo" the answer is "they should."
  • Qistrel said:

If I have level 2 regen underground (from being illithoid) and level 2 regeneration in tainted areas (from being a lich) how much regen do I have in tainted underground areas? Level 3? Or just level 2?

I was reading elswhere that they stack at three in terms of the regen effect, but still counts at for in terms of coutner-regen stuff, like a music box or area malus. 
    So if yo have regen 4, you'd only heal like you had regen 3, but if you have a regen -1 thingy(enemy lays a music box for instance) you would still regen at 3 instead of 2(the ghost fourth level would eat/counter it).

That's how it was explained to me.