Simple questions?

Comments

• Ssaliss said:

Odds are it's the Eye of Zenos. No cure, have to wait until it moves to another area.

EDIT: To clarify, it's essentially aeon to an entire area at once. Move out of the area and you won't be in its effects anymore.

Ah, I thought I'd missed an overhaul thing. That is some really annoying effect. Who the heck puts that up when there are lovelorn on the roads :( Rude!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Let's blame Hallifax. It was time-related anyway, so they're obviously the culprits.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Well, there was a theory floating around a while back that the Ice Angels somehow influenced the trill race over many years to become interested in time magic. Not sure how plausible that is though.

• Is there an active clan for people interested in bardic contests and other artistic pursuits? I'm writing stories about Winnae the Puissant that I would like to enter and I figure I should play again to a certain degree.  I'm also getting pretty good at guitar, can play most songs I know of, and wouldn't mind having some musicians to chat with as well.
  • edited February 2015
    Edit: Never mind, found it.
  • Any suggestions on a good beast pet or mount for a coyote furrikin bard? :)
  • Another question, was there a character limit on design appearances? I read help design and it said "around five words" which is not very clear.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't think there is a set character or word limit on design appearances, but you will get a warning in the comments after a certain point if it's too long.

• Does lusternia have a command separator/stacking option like some of the other IRE muds implemented?
  • Yep. Well, at least for aliases: You can use || in those to perform more than one command at the same time. You can also do multiple commands in stratagems; you just | for that (so single for stratagem, double for aliases).
  • Also worth mentioning, nearly every client has a command stacking character. some allow you to customise it. For the default webclient, this is under the advanced settings, and defaults to |. if you do any editing of ads or guild scrolls, I suggest making it something like ;; or the like.
  • Thanks Ssaliss.  Your name has a lot of s'... s's... do you talk like thiss?

Serious question: are ikons and artisan figurines that fight each other the same thing?
  • Not really. They sound similar on the surface, but the mechanics behind each are vastly different, and really, I don't know that people really battle figurines anymore? Certainly not competetively, unless I'm just out of the loop.
    Figurines hold esteem generated by influencing. They are made by jewellers, sculpted by people with the skill in arts, and enchanted by spellcrafters.

Ikons are used in a game (HELO PSYCHODRAMA), with the gestalt made as part of the game also giving a boost to influencing. They can also be consumed to give an XP bonus for 12 hours to influencing (The amount of bonus depends on the rarity of the ikon). They can be earned in many ways, including the simple methods of adding power to your nexus and hunting essence.

I have a quick question - what does a privacy gem actually do?

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lavinya said:

It makes it so that admin can't hear when you are mudsexing and using their names. @Shaddus knows all about it.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Having looked at a few pastybins, All their room/area numbers seem inaccurate, do room numbers change  over time?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:

Having looked at a few pastybins, All their room/area numbers seem inaccurate, do room numbers change  over time?

Nope. That'd be extremely annoying for everyone, players and admin alike. Any specific examples of room/area numbers that have changed?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Can you get the honors for both sides of the Mucklemarsh quest, or do they replace each other?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Does the stenographer item record denizens too?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Portius said:

Can you get the honors for both sides of the Mucklemarsh quest, or do they replace each other?

They are not actually "sides," so you can have both.
  • Ssaliss said:

Tylwyth said:

say I"ll get back to that later, 
    Does weather affect hast, like reduce your speed, cuz I could swear storms reduce it.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Yep, it does. Temperature and windspeed slow it. Forecast will show you by how much.

• 1. Now that they're playable, what do fink actually look like, anyways? I've always imagined something somewhere between a mole rat and a D&D kobold.

2. Does the need for food/sleep disappear at 80 like it does in Aetolia, or is that more of a demigod thing?
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    Azureus said:

1. Now that they're playable, what do fink actually look like, anyways? I've always imagined something somewhere between a mole rat and a D&D kobold.

2. Does the need for food/sleep disappear at 80 like it does in Aetolia, or is that more of a demigod thing?

I'll let @Qistrel take question 1 and 2 yes, yes it does.

(Also I like seeing you back and am almost tempted to return to one of my abandoned alts to play with you again!)

edited March 2015
    So, I really did do my research on this. I copied down every description of every fink, and if you want them let me know and I'll send them to you.

Their skin is partway between a that of a naked mole-rat and pink scales. Those who do not look after their scales find them flaking off, to be replaces by nasty pussy wounds. Their true height is the same a furrikin, the Newton ones are smaller and more hunched over. They have no tails, because none are ever mentioned anywhere. Their hands are oversized, so they can use human/elfen/etc sized weapons, yay. They have blunt snouts, black noses, beady dark eyes, and sharp claws on their fingers and toes. Their feet are oversized and furry....no wait that's Hobbits.

They have a hive-structure like kephera, except ruled by brute force instead of psychic mind powers. The Matriarchs are larger than other finks, and have large bat-like wings allowing them to fly. Matriarch have three breasts (and I assume so do normal female finks).

The famous stench is partly due to their natural muskiness, and partly due to the fact that they don't know what bathing is, and when you have a natural muskiness BATHING IS VERY IMPORTANT.

There is one elderly npc fink you may meet who wears clothes, bathes and does not smell, and does not appear to have any flaky scales or nasty puss. So, finks can look after themselves, they just mostly don't care.

Nikk is actually pretty decent looking, but she does drink the tainted blood of a powerful necromancer to stay young, which probably helps a lot. EDIT: And her hair is a curio wig, finks got no hair.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lavinya said:

If I remember correctly, it blocks things like Stealth Eavesdrop, Bond Listen, and so on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:

Nikk is actually pretty decent looking, but she does drink the tainted blood of a powerful necromancer to stay young, which probably helps a lot. EDIT: And her hair is a curio wig, finks got no hair.

Enadonella counts as a powerful necromancer? /hides
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Daraius said:

Does the stenographer item record denizens too?

We actually tested this when Professor Gargle and I showed it off to everyone in the aetherplex. Nope! It made me look like a crazy person talking to an imaginary professor.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The stenographer has some weird behavior. I bought one early, and posted a bunch of suggestions for tweaks and upgrades, I'll see if I can dig them out to repost, if there is interest in nudging changes (and I think there are new anomalies now, too).