Simple questions?

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    So living in Mag this is coming up quite a bit...

What do I do for grey and brown ink in tattoos? I want to do rusted iron steam pipes, and silver is definitely not the colour I want. Do I have to ask on the trademaster's board, or is there a standard in place?

• edited April 2015
    TATTOO GUIDELINES
    -----------------

- The main noun of a tattoo may be whatever the tattoo design pertains
    to, so long as it makes sense with the player look description of the
    tattoo - i.e. Tattooed on your <bodypart> is the illustration of <tattoo
    appearance>.

For example, you might design a tattoo with an appearance of 'a fierce
    golden lion'. This would show on the player as: Tattooed on your gut is
    the illustration of a fierce golden lion.

- The minimum commodity requirement is one tint per weight. Thus, if you
    have a gut tattoo using 100 weight, at least 100 tints must be present
    in the commodity cost.

- For designs utilising black tinting, this is created by including one
    purpletint and one coal per weight in the commodity cost. Thus, an ebony
    butterfly back tattoo with a weight of 100 featuring an all-black
    composition would have a minimum commodity cost of 100 purpletint and
    100 coal.

- For designs utilising silver tinting, this is created by including one
    goldtint and one faeleaf per weight in the commodity cost. Thus, a
    silver falcon arm tattoo with a weight of 50 would have a minimum
    commodity cost of 50 goldtint and 50 faeleaf.

- For designs utilising white tinting, this is created by including two
    goldtint and one faeleaf per weight in the commodity cost. Thus a white
    poppy face tattoo with a weight of 5 would have a minimum commodity cost
    of 10 goldtint and 5 faeleaf.

- Non-ink commodities may be included in the form of herbs and gems
    ONLY, and may only be utilised once the minimum tint requirement has
    been met in the design. These may be used to add a superficial detail
    such as sparkle to the design, but keep all extravagance to a minimum -
    any commodities other than tints, herbs, gems, and coal may NOT be used
    in a tattoo design - this includes essence.

This is from the game's helpfile. If it's not stated in there, I suppose it would be up to you to find something appropriate - if the admin think it's a good standard to use, they might add it to the file.

Edit: Oh, wait. I just read the last line. Looks like there's no real way to add brown or grey unless you ask the admin for approval before hand.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I can't see where it's written right now but I have seen it before somewhere - for ink colours that don't have a matching tint/recipe you should use something similar. The example used was tattoos with pink ink, you substitute redtint.

I would suggest for grey to use the standard for silver or black, and for brown maybe go with red or yellow (or both?). I know it's overlooked in say tailoring if you use brown because we don't have a corresponding tint for it but I'm not sure tattoos would have the same leeway.

• Grey is just faeleaf, that's why silver is faeleaf + goldtint. Could also use coal, or something
  • No, but as grey is a dull silver and gold is a dull gold, you can make grey with yellowtint+faeleaf instead of the goldtint+faeleaf used  to make silver.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Are there fighting systems for the webpage client or are they all for third party clients?
  • What's a fullplate actually good for?

I thought it gave cutting/blunt resistance but it seems like it doesn't at all. So... huh?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    The armor system is separate from the DMP system, since it governs wounding as well as damage taken.  In general, compared to your friendly neighborhood 40/40 or whatever bleh stats great robes wearers, you'll take quite a bit less damage from blunt/cutting attacks.

As for fighting system for the web client, not that I know of sadly.
  • Tarkenton said:

The armor system is separate from the DMP system, since it governs wounding as well as damage taken.  In general, compared to your friendly neighborhood 40/40 or whatever bleh stats great robes wearers, you'll take quite a bit less damage from blunt/cutting attacks.

Ah, so it's just not showing up at all on bodyscan then. Thanks! I was a bit confused when wearing/removing the plate made absolutely no difference.
  • Tarkenton said:

That's too bad. It might've been fun to get one and see if it made seeing what's going on easier when I join defence groups. But I like the little map on the left that keeps me from getting lost and the little box on the right that has all the communications I might've missed too much.
  • Have you looked into getting those for different client, too? Both are readily available. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited April 2015
    Riluna said:

Have you looked into getting those for different client, too? Both are readily available. :)

I don't know much of anything about them, honestly. I downloaded Mushclient in case I want to write in the news board because for some reason I can't write in the news on the web client. Letters, yes. Books, yes. But not the news. I never use it for anything else though.
  • Renna said:

Riluna said:

Have you looked into getting those for different client, too? Both are readily available. :)

I don't know much of anything about them, honestly. I downloaded Mushclient in case I want to write in the news board because for some reason I can't write in the news one the web client. Letters, yes. Books, yes. But not the news. I never use it for anything else though.
    I know there's a few people pretty familiar with MUSH in Serenwilde that may be willing to share some of their scripts and expertise if you ask around.
  • Shedrin said:

Renna said:

Riluna said:

I don't know much of anything about them, honestly. I downloaded Mushclient in case I want to write in the news board because for some reason I can't write in the news one the web client. Letters, yes. Books, yes. But not the news. I never use it for anything else though.
    I know there's a few people pretty familiar with MUSH in Serenwilde that may be willing to share some of their scripts and expertise if you ask around.

I'll ask around, and see if there's any fighting systems for Mushclient that also have a map and communications box.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    And such is also simple enough to set up for Mudlet.  I'd say hit Syrennia up, or me if you like.
  • Does Celest have Black/shadowy cats?
     I know they have two white cats, and a silver one.
    A novice told me she had been there and they had a bunch of black and shadowy ones too, and then ran off and grabbed one. 
    I assumed she had grabbed it from a manse but am curious if anyone know what she' s talking about?

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Tylwyth said:

Does Celest have Black/shadowy cats?

A novice told me she had been there and they had a bunch of black and shadowy ones too, and then ran off and grabbed one. 
    I assumed she had grabbed it from a manse but am curious if anyone know what she' s talking about?
    Celest has a tonne of cats that novices can pick up and turn in for a quick, easy gold reward. Don't remember if there are black/shadowy ones off of the top of my head, but it's likely!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:

Tylwyth said:

Celest has a tonne of cats that novices can pick up and turn in for a quick, easy gold reward. Don't remember if there are black/shadowy ones off of the top of my head, but it's likely!
    Where? There are exactly 3 cats in the city proper, two white and one silver.
    And where would you turn them in?
    YOu can give them to the Syrinx Inn Lady to get a candy(which is part of a quest tha requires you to give that to some foreign scholar dude, but he doesn't giv e you gold either). 

• There are two shadowy black cats in the city, yes. They're up on the walls.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tylwyth said:

Tremula said:

Tylwyth said:

YOu can give them to the Syrinx Inn Lady to get a candy(which is part of a quest tha requires you to give that to some foreign scholar dude, but he doesn't giv e you gold either). 
    Used to be gold, before the gardens quest got implemented, IIRC. And it's at least six, though I remember more varieties that may or may not actually exist. There are two white cats, two silver, two black. The ones I thought I remembered were calico, ginger, and tortoise-shell.
  • I know you can send messages via the website, when you're not logged on the game, but how do you find someone you want to send a message to? I can't log on for a couple of hours at least, but I want to send this message before I forget again.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Hopefully an admin could point me in the right direction here (Especially @Drocilla ) - if I have an idea/proposal whatever I'd like to put forward to our pantheon, without spamming them with a wall of text message, where should I direct an email? Do the divinename@lusternia.com emails still exist? Or should I do something different? Help plz I have shiny ideas!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yes, those emails exist.  I don't know if every God checks theirs, though!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Message them on the forums obvies.

• @Lavinya absolutely! shinygodname@lusternia.com is and will remain a thing. Not sure about others but mine's set to forward to my main email so I know instantly.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Aerotan said:

Tylwyth said:

Tremula said:

Tylwyth said:

Used to be gold, before the gardens quest got implemented, IIRC. And it's at least six, though I remember more varieties that may or may not actually exist. There are two white cats, two silver, two black. The ones I thought I remembered were calico, ginger, and tortoise-shell.
    Aerotan said:

Tylwyth said:

Tremula said:

Tylwyth said:

Aerotan said:

Tylwyth said:

Tremula said:

Tylwyth said:

Wow, shows how long it's been since I've been a novice-novice in Celest, huh? Calico and tortoise-shell, definitely, but I don't remember ginger.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited April 2015
    So I've been gone the last couple of days. Today I try to play and walking feels so much slower. I get the hasty message much more often then I used to.

Did something change the last few days or am I imagining things? *confused*

(PS: The mudlet mapper keeps spamming too, I don't think it was always like this. And no, it's not lag on my side.).

Example:
    1 room per ~1.5 seconds in Shallach Ruins (upstairs)
    1 room per ~0.5 seconds in Shallach Ruins (downstairs)

.. is that normal and am I just a wuss for not noticing?
  • Upstairs Shallach is outdoors, and downstairs is indoors (underground), so it's likely the weather that's slowing you down. Cold weather will slow you if you're not wearing enough clothes, and so will heavy winds (can't be reduced by anything easily accessible). So a blizzard will mean you move noticeably slower. FORECAST should be able to tell you the details. Hot weather will slow you down as well, but even in the summer months, only the desert gets hot enough to slow you down, unless there's a shaman messing with the weather in your area.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Winter is coming. It makes you walk slower.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Anybody know the equivalent of "Emperor" for a commercial government?

Actually, I'd be interested to know all the CL titles and organizational prefixes ("Grand Holy Empire," "Shiny Capitalist Collective," etc.) for the various configurations of government style, political structure, and (for lack of a better term) cultural influence! Maybe we can make a chart.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."