Simple questions?

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura said:

One more question - what's the halfway point to Demi experience-wise again? 92 or 93?

I thought it was 98, or even 99...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

Rancoura said:

One more question - what's the halfway point to Demi experience-wise again? 92 or 93?

I've heard 92 pretty consistently, and it fits a lot better with my experience.  From recently doing the demi grind, I would guesstimate reaching demi from titan took 6-8 times longer than level 98 to 99, as long as you keep up the same xp buffs.  It's definitely something you can knock out in a day if you're willing to stack buffs (tonic, harmony, achievement bonuses, lips, and ikons) and set aside time to grind it out, especially if you have easy access to Lirangsha or can get people to astral/aetherhunt with you.  That said, doing so can be pretty good way to make yourself never want to bash/influence again, and there's a lot to be said for taking the whole process at a more leisurely pace.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Well, as a non-spec not-at-all-suited-for-bashing race with no artifacts, I highly doubt I'll ever need to know :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    @Daraius They knew about the soulless, about the Vernal Gods, and about ascending. It makes sense that they would know about sharding. It's also probable that the Supernals, Emmanations, the fae, and possibly even the Fates would have spoken about it too.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I usually keep flowers stocked. @shedrin had been buying them, true story. I will sell more when I get the chance to log in!

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    @Lavinya I can't buy from you tho  =((

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Zitto said:

Everiine said:

Rancoura said:

I've heard 92 pretty consistently, and it fits a lot better with my experience.  From recently doing the demi grind, I would guesstimate reaching demi from titan took 6-8 times longer than level 98 to 99, as long as you keep up the same xp buffs.  It's definitely something you can knock out in a day if you're willing to stack buffs (tonic, harmony, achievement bonuses, lips, and ikons) and set aside time to grind it out, especially if you have easy access to Lirangsha or can get people to astral/aetherhunt with you.  That said, doing so can be pretty good way to make yourself never want to bash/influence again, and there's a lot to be said for taking the whole process at a more leisurely pace.
    How's a couple of years for a leisurely pace?  ;;)

Before an earthly flight

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I keep offering to take you hunting, just accept one of these days xD
    Tarkenton said:

I used to piggyback off @Xenthos once in a while. Never got over that bad feeling of not earning it completely on my own =)

Before an earthly flight

Fine, fine.  I'll come up with IC justification for you then.  I seem to remember you loaning me things :)
  • Rancoura said:

Tarkenton said:

I used to piggyback off @Xenthos once in a while. Never got over that bad feeling of not earning it completely on my own =)
    Oh, don't worry, there are millions of points of essence to earn for all things demigod, you have time to work off the guilt :P
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The issue with selling flowers: They are affected by the shop decay limits.  I used to have a few thousand of them around.  I would sometimes wear them all just for fun (had them all on sale too, so people could buy whatever they wanted whenever).  However, with the shop decay limit, it's impractical to stock them now.  They are essentially worthless, value-wise, and take up space that you could actually use for some profit.

PS: I sent you a tiger lily.  Enjoy!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My shop is open to everyone in the aetherplex. If you don't even check who the shop keeper is you could blissfully buy at your leisure even if you're part of a silly trade ban!

Pft, trade bans.
    Rancoura strictly adheres to trade bans, so no go there. Thanks though, Lavinya!

Before an earthly flight

• Ok, so Library prestige submissions are even numbered years, right? What
    about the Theater one? I can only find a thing that says, "every other
    year." Is it the odd years or the even ones?
  • Renna said:

Ok, so Library prestige submissions are even numbered years, right? What
    about the Theater one? I can only find a thing that says, "every other
    year." Is it the odd years or the even ones?

Yes, you submit 2 library works on an even numbered year and then submit one theater work at the beginning of an odd numbered year.  I am not 100%, but I think it has to be in the first six months of the year.  Prestige winners for every category are announce at the end of the odd numbered years.
  • Yeah, I knew about the six months thing. Just wasn't sure if it was the first six months of the odd or even years. Cause it just says, "every other year" which is not so helpful. lol

Thanks!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Is there any benefit to storytelling denizens before influencing them?

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    We have a trade ban with Magnagora?

....oops. 
  • Celina said:

We have a trade ban with Magnagora?

....oops. 
    Not that I know of. The only trade ban we have is to enemies of Glom.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

Maligorn said:

No.
  • Enyalida said:

Maligorn said:

No.

Seriously? That's lame. Why have it if it's not going to do anything? It should make them give extra experience or something.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It does make them give slightly more experience, but it's less bonus than the additional difficulty in influencing them, so it's a net loss still.
  • I've always been under the genuine impression they were supposed to be griefing skills, especially since they are so easy to use for what they do. For a long, long time they didn't even grant that tiny bit of experience.

As in, we're supposed to be running around making things harder to influence, just to mess with people.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Oh, and here I thought I was doing it wrong by not using them. Hehe.

• When doing emotes, how do you do an action before a name? Also, how I get a say in an emote to show up as an actual say?

Like, say I wanted to do "Struggling against the influence of Viravain's great beauty, Xanward slaps himself in the face and says "Stop it."" (Or something like that.)

I know I can do EMOTE slaps himself in the face and says "Stop it.", but it's not the same.
  • edited April 2015
    It works just like say does.

emote (Struggling against the influence of Viravain's great beauty,) slaps himself in the face and says "Stop it."

EDIT: As for the "say" part of the emote, I assume you're talking about the color? If so, we don't have that feature here, as badly as many of us want it.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited April 2015
    say (Struggling against the influence of Viravain's great beauty, Tremula slaps herself in the face as) stop it.

Struggling against the influence of Viravain's great beauty, Tremula slaps herself in the face as Tremula says, "Stop it."

It's a bit tricky, and I try not to use my name in the preface before I do it. You can also do [say to viravain (Slapping herself in the face in an attempt to resist Her great beauty) Stop, please!] which would show (Slapping herself in the face in an attempt to resist Her great beauty, Tremula says to Viravain, "Stop, please!")

As far as I know, the targetted emotes (^player, ^player_his, ^player_him) don't work inside of prefaced says. If it gets too long, though, there's nothing wrong with stopping your sentence, emoting in the say, then continuing your sentence, as long as you remember it ends with quotation. @Zitto and I do this a lot with each other!

Nodding her head sagely, Tremula says, "And that's pretty much all there is to know about enhancing your says." With a quick glance, she looks over to the Chairman, and asks in a curious tone, "Unless you have something to add?"

format hidden in spoiler

say (nodding her head sagely) and that's pretty much all there is to know about enhancing your says." With a quick glance, she looks over to the Chairman, and asks in a curious tone, "Unless you have something to add?

^Don't end quotation yourself, or else you get two (something to add?"")!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • These are both exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! :D