Simple questions?

Comments

• @Lerad and @Qistrel: Thanks! I didn't know the weather had this strong an effect..
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited April 2015
    I broke this post somehow.

edited April 2015

Never seen Commercial. But I have the rest.

Religious             

Holy Grand Duchy - Duke/Duchess

Holy Principality - Prince/Princess

Holy Kingdom - King/Queen

Conquest           

Grand Province - Magistrate

Grand Dominion - Warlord/lady

Grand Empire - Emperor/Empress

Commune          

Free Forest - (Dark) Marshall

Free Collective - (Dark) Seneschal

Free Aliance - (Dark) Regent

• Qistrel said:

Winter is coming. It makes you walk slower.

Which will suck when the white walkers come to rip you limb from limb and pale spiders the size of hounds begin feasting on your remains.

(sorry, couldn't resist)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Renna said:

Qistrel said:

Winter is coming. It makes you walk slower.

Which will suck when the white walkers come to rip you limb from limb and pale spiders the size of hounds begin feasting on your remains.

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    Thank you, Old Nan.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    When you have more than your maximum shop capacity in the stockroom, does everything start decaying or just the last items on IH that are over the limit?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • AFAIK, everything until enough stuff decays to bring you to your limit.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Is anyone still using the old Nexus client (yes, I'm old school like that)? And if so, is anyone still managing to use some version of it in Chrome?

I restarted my PC and of course, now all of a sudden Nexus doesn't work in Chrome because of the Java plugin/whatever.

I tried updating Java but read something in the process about Chrome no longer supporting it. Anyway, I just want to do some research regarding Nexus' (in)compatibility with Chrome before spending hours trying to navigate Windows to update the plugin or going and installing another browser that I really don't want because Chrome is awesome.

(And yes, I have Mudlet, but no, I don't want to use it or any other client to replace Nexus if I don't absolutely need to. I've been using Nexus since I started playing and I'm more than entirely comfortable with it).

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Rancoura said:

Is anyone still using the old Nexus client (yes, I'm old school like that)? And if so, is anyone still managing to use some version of it in Chrome?

I restarted my PC and of course, now all of a sudden Nexus doesn't work in Chrome because of the Java plugin/whatever.

I tried updating Java but read something in the process about Chrome no longer supporting it. Anyway, I just want to do some research regarding Nexus' (in)compatibility with Chrome before spending hours trying to navigate Windows to update the plugin or going and installing another browser that I really don't want because Chrome is awesome.

(And yes, I have Mudlet, but no, I don't want to use it or any other client to replace Nexus if I don't absolutely need to. I've been using Nexus since I started playing and I'm more than entirely comfortable with it).
    I feel your pain. I went through exactly this situation with my new laptop, did that research, tried out different browsers, tried running an older version of Java... ultimately I just couldn't figure out a solution and migrated to MUSHClient and then Mudlet. I don't do PK and I barely bash any more so it wasn't the most painful transition, but I'm still only minimally comfortable with the scripting language.
    I used to make cakes.

• It's been so long since I've needed to, that I've actually completely forgotten how to refill a keg from a shop. Because REFILL <#> FROM <#> doesn't work. :/

So, how do you do that again?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • It's been so long since I've needed to, that I've actually completely forgotten how to refill a keg from a shop. Because REFILL <#> FROM <#> doesn't work. :/

So, how do you do that again?
    RIFT FILL <sips> FROM <keg|vial>
    or to just refill it competely just do
    RIFT FILL FROM <keg|vial>
    If you just type in RIFT you will see all the commands yourself
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Right, that's what I'm so used to doing, which is why I've forgotten.

My rift is super full. I need kegs. :(

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  •  oh, filling a keg.
    Ask an alchemist?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• To fill one keg from another, just POUR <keg> INTO <otherkeg>
  • @daraius @rancoura

As of Chrome Version 42, an additional configuration step is required to continue using NPAPI plugins.

1. In your URL bar, enter:
      chrome://flags/#enable-npapi 
    2. Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.
    3. Click the Relaunch button that now appears at the bottom of the configuration page.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited April 2015
    Ok so, I'm using mudlet now instead of the webclient. I got the m&m system thing too. Does anyone know if there's a way in either the game, mudlet or m&m to put some kind of space or linebreak between things? It's really hard to read all run together like it is.

How do I make:

You no longer have the Sphere of Volcano surrounding you.
    3745|4200|4590|10Out
    The Path of the Teacher. (road).
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. Smoothed by the countless pilgrims who
    have traveled this path before, the road makes for a pleasant walk along the lower spiral path that
    twists along Avechna's Peak. The air is warm and inviting, and birds from the Serenwilde and
    Ackleberry Forest occasionally fly overhead. The view of the mountain range of which this peak is a
    part, collectively known as Avechna's Teeth, is beautiful and humbling in its vastness.
    You see exits leading northeast, south, and in (open door).
    3745|4200|4590|10Northeast
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. Smoothed by the countless pilgrims who
    have traveled this path before, the road makes for a pleasant walk along the lower spiral path that
    twists along Avechna's Peak. The air is warm and inviting, and birds from the Serenwilde and
    Ackleberry Forest occasionally fly overhead. The view of the mountain range of which this peak is a
    part, collectively known as Avechna's Teeth, is beautiful and humbling in its vastness.
    You see exits leading northeast and southwest.
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. Smoothed by the countless
    pilgrims who have traveled this path before, the road makes for a pleasant walk along the lower
    spiral path that twists along Avechna's Peak. The air is warm and inviting, and birds from the
    Serenwilde and Ackleberry Forest occasionally fly overhead. The view of the mountain range of which
    this peak is a part, collectively known as Avechna's Teeth, is beautiful and humbling in its
    vastness.
    You see exits leading northeast, southwest, and in (open door).
    3745|4200|4590|10

Into:

You no longer have the Sphere of Volcano surrounding you.

3745|4200|4590|10Out

You see exits leading northeast, south, and in (open door).

You see exits leading northeast and southwest.

Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. Smoothed by the countless
    pilgrims who have traveled this path before, the road makes for a pleasant walk along the lower
    spiral path that twists along Avechna's Peak. The air is warm and inviting, and birds from the
    Serenwilde and Ackleberry Forest occasionally fly overhead. The view of the mountain range of which
    this peak is a part, collectively known as Avechna's Teeth, is beautiful and humbling in its
    vastness.
    You see exits leading northeast, southwest, and in (open door).

3745|4200|4590|10
    Tridemon said:

@daraius @rancoura

As of Chrome Version 42, an additional configuration step is required to continue using NPAPI plugins.

1. In your URL bar, enter:
      chrome://flags/#enable-npapi 
    2. Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.
    3. Click the Relaunch button that now appears at the bottom of the configuration page.
    @Tridemon - you, sir, are a saviour. Thank you so much.

Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    @Renna, off the top of my head, I think it's an in-game option:

CONFIG PROMPT ADDLINEBREAK

Or something similar (I'm not logged in to check).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

@Renna, off the top of my head, I think it's an in-game option:

CONFIG PROMPT ADDLINEBREAK

Or something similar (I'm not logged in to check).

Thanks! I'll try that when I get home.
    When did the mortal races re-learn that they were shards?
    I used to make cakes.

Well, it was before the revelation of the Elder Wars Histories. And those were only revealed to the basin in modern times, so my educated guess would be that the races always remembered they were the shards of gods.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:

When you have more than your maximum shop capacity in the stockroom, does everything start decaying or just the last items on IH that are over the limit?

If you ever see food sitting in the plex made by Subotai, it's because he made too much and had to drop the overflow somewhere. Your best bet is to expand your shop if this is consistently happening.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Eesh, do flowers (like the twilight roses and snapdragons) not exist anymore? I searched every shop I'm not enemied to and didn't even find a lonely tiger lily :(

Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My theory is that nobody sells flowers anymore because there are so many manse with flower gardens, so nobody wants to buy them anymore (I have no idea if this is actually true).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited April 2015
    I do not have a flower garden. Or a flower pot. People need to sell flowers.

Or I guess I'll just manse hop until I find one to pilfer...?

Before an earthly flight

edited April 2015
    Qistrel said:

Well, it was before the revelation of the Elder Wars Histories. And those were only revealed to the basin in modern times, so my educated guess would be that the races always remembered they were the shards of gods.

The later Elder Wars books suggest that they forgot their god-identities by the third generation or so. But there was also a couple thousand years when sharded mortals lived alongside Meridian and Dracnoris, and the mugwumps were chronicling the histories all along... So I guess some of the more organized societies would have had records about the sharding process, and even the nomadic ones would have had oral histories and legends to that effect.

Basically I'm trying to decide if the people in the time of the Taint Wars knew about gods and knew they were shards of gods.
    Everiine said:

My theory is that nobody sells flowers anymore because there are so many manse with flower gardens, so nobody wants to buy them anymore (I have no idea if this is actually true).

It's a pain to price them. You can't just 'price all flower,' you have to go through and price each flower type. Wasn't worth it for me. But if people are going to buy them for a premium....
    I used to make cakes.

• Rancoura said:

Eesh, do flowers (like the twilight roses and snapdragons) not exist anymore? I searched every shop I'm not enemied to and didn't even find a lonely tiger lily :(

Sorry, I bought them all out.
    edited April 2015
    Daraius said:

Qistrel said:

The later Elder Wars books suggest that they forgot their god-identities by the third generation or so. But there was also a couple thousand years when sharded mortals lived alongside Meridian and Dracnoris, and the mugwumps were chronicling the histories all along... So I guess some of the more organized societies would have had records about the sharding process, and even the nomadic ones would have had oral histories and legends to that effect.

Basically I'm trying to decide if the people in the time of the Taint Wars knew about gods and knew they were shards of gods.
    Everiine said:

It's a pain to price them. You can't just 'price all flower,' you have to go through and price each flower type. Wasn't worth it for me. But if people are going to buy them for a premium....
    I want flowers roses, but let's not take this as an excuse for monopoly abuse =/

=((

Before an earthly flight

One more question - what's the halfway point to Demi experience-wise again? 92 or 93?

Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:

I do not have a flower garden. Or a flower pot. People need to sell flowers.

Or I guess I'll just manse hop until I find one to pilfer...?
    It is the same reason why if you go on Shark Tank and tell them you want to put your bottle x on supermarket shelves they'll go running away screaming. I don't stock them because the shelf space would cost more than I'd make.

I had a flowerpot for a bit. They're a pain. Have to upkeep. Take up a lot of space. Doesn't turn over fast enough. There are quite a few items like that.