Simple questions?

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I thought that was a one-time def? I'm pretty sure Tylwyth is experiencing this:

Breathing           Controlling your breathing to avoid asphyxiation.
    • Expert  0%
    • Syntax: HOLD BREATH
      You
      can begin to hold your breath, granting yourself a massive resistance
      to most forms of asphyxiation damage. This defence will gradually wear
      down over time until you can hold your breath no longer, at which point
      you will hyperventilate for a minute.

• I think Aerotan is correct.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tylwyth said:

I think Aerotan is correct.

He is not, because Monks do not get Athletics (or they would have access to Surge).  They get Acrobatics instead.

Maligorn's answer is more likely to be what you're looking for.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It is.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Basically, if the same person keeps breathing and exhaling, it's Breathing. If it's a one-time thing on defup, it's Breathe Deep.
  •  I DID mean maligorn, but didn't realise that till I was logged off for the night.
    Another question, This just happened:

*A sharp pain stabs you in the head, travelling down your spine.*
    It wasn't a dreamweaver, and it was occampanied by a very small loss of health. Anyone know what that was?
    Psionics or something?

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's your conscience trying to get your attention. Yes, that's it... :P (I have no idea what that is).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Maybe it's Psiblade.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:

I DID mean maligorn, but didn't realise that till I was logged off for the night.

Another question, This just happened:

*A sharp pain stabs you in the head, travelling down your spine.*
    It wasn't a dreamweaver, and it was occampanied by a very small loss of health. Anyone know what that was?
    Psionics or something?
    That's either psiblade in Psionics, or Sap in Dreamweaving.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • As an additional note, psiblade only hits non-corporeal bodies, if I remember correctly.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Nah, psiblade can hit both. I'm pretty sure that is indeed Psiblade, too.

• This is what I was/am seeing fro the breathing thing:

*Athree gasps suddenly and begins to inhale and exhale deeply and rapidly.

Athree suddenly inhales deeply.*

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    That is breathing, the aphyxiation dmp skill. Maligorn posted the AB. Everyone has access, not just warriors/monks. Most PKers keep it on auto upkeep for maximum up time.
  • say ah, from discipline. Thanks.

• Tylwyth said:

say ah, from discipline. Thanks.

Hehe. The SAY syntax strikes on the forums again, I see. :P
  • Yeah, I"ve had to erase SAY  a bunch of times.
    Also\/instead of psiblade the thing below might be related to the stuff with Muud.
    \/
    **A sharp pain stabs you in the head, travelling down your spine..*

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:

Yeah, I"ve had to erase SAY  a bunch of times.

Also\/instead of psiblade the thing below might be related to the stuff with Muud.
    \/
    **A sharp pain stabs you in the head, travelling down your spine..*

Ask an org dreamweaver to hit you with a few attacks like Dreamweave Osmose or Dreamweave Sap, and see if you can figure it out. I think that's a dreamweaving attack, because I doubt people use psiblade actively.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited April 2015
    I'm blind, ignore me. Figured it out. >_<  :(
  • Now I really have a question!

What are these kind of colour emotes?

Lines of power flare up along Barrin's body, connected by shimmering points of light. For a brief
    moment, his body becomes a canvas displaying the constellations of Lusternia before the light
    flickers and fades away.

Beautiful wings of ice spring up from Xenthos's shoulder blades, expanding wider than any mortal's
    could, elegant yet cold. Crackling with the motion, they begin to fall apart, dissipating into the
    air as mist.

Is that something special or just people doing colour emotes? Is that even possible?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    They are curio ambient messages.
  • Ohh, thank you!

And are those ambient messages just for show then? As in, would I ever be in trouble if I just gagged them? (Sorry, flashy colour distracts me >_<)
  • They're purely for show, yeah. Feel free to gag them.
  • Thank you both!
  • So what happened to the half formed after the serens whisked her away?d I was trying to spy but got disctracted and then lost(ish).

• @Tylwyth: Maybe it was about Maylea's return? At least someones rave post suggested she had returned.

I have two questions. I've read the help files but I'm kinda not getting it... :/

1) What is a sorcelglass? What's it used for etc?

2) Are curios actually useful or just collectors items? I know it says there are travel curious, dmp curios etc, but are those effects useful or minimal? Also, is there  a way to get curio pieces aside from lesson conversion or those specific quest thingies?
  • Sorcelglass is basically a way for you to design vials. In Lusternia, vials are made from gems. So all vials have only generic descriptions like "This is a ruby vial. This is an emerald vial". However, sorcelglass is a bookbinding item that allows players to design how a vial will look like, for example, "a dagger's point vial" instead of "an emerald vial".

Sorcelglasses are used this way: first, you buy a sorcelglass (or get a bookbinder to make one) with the design you want your vials to look like. Then you read the scroll to find out the comms you need. Get the comms (1 set for each vial) and then use the sorcelglass on your generic gemstone vials, and the comms will be used, and the vial will be changed. I believe the number of months left on the vial also doubles from the use of the sorcelglass.

Each sorcelglass can be used 5 times before it poofs, so if you want to customize 10 vials, you need 2 sorcelglass scrolls, etc.

Curios can have minor effects. There are some which can hold enchantments, some which give dmp etc, and the effects are fairly decent, the dmp ones the most useful.

• @Lerad: <3 Thanks!

One last question: How do you get curios? Just lesson conversion then or is there another way?
  • Yacsee said:

One last question: How do you get curios? Just lesson conversion then or is there another way?

You can buy packages of curio pieces for credits or gold. There's a shop underneath the artifact shops on Avechna's Peak. Then you have to assemble them by collecting all the pieces (trading is almost always involved).

Or, you can buy complete ones from other players sometimes.
  • edited April 2015
    Some curios are also given out via quests.

Edit: If you want a specific effect, you might want to try finding out which curio gives those effects and then tracking down how to get them from there - some can only be bought, some can only be quested etc.

• @Thayan @Lerad: Thank you both!