Today I learned (TIL)

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Yeah, it's elementalism. 
  • edited December 2015
    Celina said:
    CAST FREEZE GROUND

Shamanism can prevent fires, which made me super sad in Faethorn last night.
    ?Shamanism uses the MANIPULATE command, not the CAST command?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    YES I AM AWARE. IT WAS A JOKE.
  • Be at peace, I was just confused, not attacking. 

• Good idea. Of course, 1/3 is only 3%, so they won't actually notice any difference, but at that stage, nothing actually creates a noticeable difference anyway.

• So I logged into Lusternia today and almost immediately this happened:

Augent gives you a respectful salute.
    You incline your head politely to Augent.
    Sir Augent Nightshade says, "Just in time for your test!"

• WElll, it was really yesterday ,but TIL that Xenthos was XYnthin, now am a confused....

• Tylwyth said:
    WElll, it was really yesterday ,but TIL that Xenthos was XYnthin, now am a confused....
    Yeah, I've been wondering about what happened with that event. I've read the Event post regarding it, but I have no idea why it happened in the first place. Did @Xenthos just want to cause trouble?

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    He couldn't bear to lose his forums points so he insisted Estarra let him keep his Xenthos account.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Havastus said:
    Did @Xenthos just want to cause trouble?
    Yes.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Xenthos said:
    That was before forum points were a thing, wasn't it?  Morkarion was the first one who ran into that little issue iirc.

Xynthin (as a name) just didn't work for me.  I asked Estarra if there was anything we could do about it, she said "Sure, but it's completely up to me and could have some pretty big roleplay consequences," and I said "Okay."

Note that giving Estarra carte blanche to do RP things with your character can lead to Fun. :)
    Aren't you able to keep your mortal name after you become a Full Ascendant? Or is that not the point? OR is that a trade secret?

• Vivet said:
    TIL Refined fire fighting technique

Step 1 - Obtain bucket, ensure you can use a liquid rift
    Step 2 - Find a water source
    Step 3 - Spam "fill bucket with water;rift fill  from water" until you have a full rift. This will take a while, since it is only 10 sips at a time, but it's worth doing it when you're not in a rush
    Step 4 - Create an alias to perform "rift drain 10 water to bucket;douse flames"
    Step 5 - Optionally, also create a trigger to perform the alias in Step 4 whenever you enter a room with the "This room is ablaze!" message.

And you're all set! Dousing is only annoying because of the limitations of only being able to use the bucket once before returning to a water source to refill. However, using this method, you can take your water source with you! Just keep in mind that the bucket can hold up to 255 sips, but won't douse any better/efficiently than if you just drain 10 out. In many ways, this is superior to nature rain.

Actually, you only need 1 sip to douse. So your rift can actually hold 1000 fires worth of water by default. That is so much water!
  • You, too, can be a waterbender Aquamancer!

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Xenthos said:
    Havastus said:
    Xenthos said:
    That was before forum points were a thing, wasn't it?  Morkarion was the first one who ran into that little issue iirc.

Xynthin (as a name) just didn't work for me.  I asked Estarra if there was anything we could do about it, she said "Sure, but it's completely up to me and could have some pretty big roleplay consequences," and I said "Okay."

Note that giving Estarra carte blanche to do RP things with your character can lead to Fun. :)
    Aren't you able to keep your mortal name after you become a Full Ascendant? Or is that not the point? OR is that a trade secret?
    My understanding, before I was raised, was that it was Strongly Encouraged to pick a new one but that you could keep the same if you wanted to (based primarily on conversations with Sojiro).

In other words, you wouldn't have gone after TA if you knew beforehand that you'd have to change your name. :P

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited December 2015
    Or I would've tried to come up with a name in advance instead of frantically scrambling while the whole game was frozen and all the Gods were clustered around demanding one. Trying to figure it out in that situation is a little stressful!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    TIL I use WAY too many commas in a single sentence.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • It could be worse.

You could type like this.

I mean really.

Who types like this?
  • Me, too. I try to put them where it feels natural, but sometimes when I re-read stuff I wrote it sounds like William Shatner.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Chirbo said:
    It could be worse.

I mean really.

Who types like this?
    someone
    salty
    think
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Gods damnit, I read that in the shatner voice.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Ellowyn said:
    Chirbo said:
    It could be worse.

I mean really.

Who types like this?
    someone
    salty
    think
    You lookin' to fight?

That's how you get a fight.

<3 u Elloweenie
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    To resurrect this: TIL that Real World posts do, in fact, count toward comment totals.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    TIL I have a cloak of shifting hues. When did I get this thing? I don't remember. Damn spammy inventory making everything hard to find.
  • TIL I missed everyone in Lusternia a lot, but what I really missed was playing Alary. And apparently talking everyone's ears off. Everywhere. 
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • TIL that when a revolt is going to happen, it automatically destroys any shrines erected in the area. Oops.
  • Yep. Revolts will remove all shrines, statues, guards, etc.