Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• Silvanus also reported smelling flowers the previous night, and nothing happened to him, despite (presumably) the fact that he was not absent. It's possible it's some sort of delayed action thing, something passive that roleblocking doesn't block, something positive that no one wants to claim because a sudden twist might hinder their ability to be useful with it, some last wish from someone who is dead, etc, etc. We have no idea what Othero's abilities were. We don't know what Ssaliss's abilities are.

Ssaliss has gone from claiming I'm Catholic to bolster his credibility as religious investigator to claiming that his information was incorrect for two of the three mafia.

It seems like everyone else currently agrees that he's likely scum, the question in everyone else's minds is primarily if I am also. I'm not. I have no way to prove it, but I've explained above why I think it's possible that we only started out with three well-powered mafia.

If we lynch Ssaliss, we win.

At this point I don't see much more point in Ssaliss, Tekora and I continuing to go around in circles.
  • (also, if you're going to call WIFOM in a French-themed game, at least call it a LGCCMQLSVDMVEDJCLREHLBADTLIQAOECDL)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh, I missed Silvanus saying he also noticed the scent of a rose thing.

If anything, this makes me think that Mary's death gave someone an extra power, perhaps arsonist (or just straight up mafia have option of using it), and it's evidence of someone prepping us for death given I doubt we have a firefighter... again making me focus on Allyrianne/Lavinya as more critical than lynching Ssaliss.
  • Oh god my sides
    Sylandra, you fiend. Too many possible scenarios to try and untangle!

Allyrianne could have quite possibly started as town Scottish and Mary's death could have turned her into an arsonist, since as she's carrying Francis' only child, eliminating all other lines of succession leaves her child with a strong claim on Scottish/French thrones.

Ssaliss could be Elizabeth and the last remaining English, if as Allyrianne has said, more faction dynamism was expected to play out...

Tekora's stance against Synkarin was staged, Ssaliss is the Pope, and Tekora and Allyrianne are the last remaining English?

I want to believe you Tekora, but I'm still stuck on the 'change in the air' blocked me. Every other interaction in the game (barring this scent of a rose thing) has involved the individuals themselves taking action. Manhandling, being bundled into jail, flirting etc.

• I can't quote Sylandra's PMs, but I can be as detailed as possible. The message said I was waiting for Synkarin and I missed him because there was something in the air that made me let down my guard. I ended up dozing off at the moment I needed to catch Synkarin.
  • Also, Allyrianne becoming an arsonist is VERY MUCH a possibility. All the more reason for me to block her tonight.
  • ... or to just lynch her.
  • Shh, Elizabeth.
  • You know, it will be very interesting to see your reaction when you learn that I actually am the Pope.
  • There's a number of possibilities.(Should I mention here that in the show it's Francis that kills Henry II? After all, we only have Ushaara's word that he was both praying somewhere and scented the flowers on his return. Maybe he planted the flowers on Silvanus the previous night and was doing something to activate them last night, but is pretending to be a victim and that he conveniently forgot Silvanus mentioning the flowers and my brain hurts now)

Despite the number of rabbit holes rampant speculation and second guessing oneself can lead to, I continue to think that we'll win if we kill Ssaliss, and then we can find out the answers to all these questions.

If it turns out I'm wrong and the game doesn't end with Ssaliss's death, Tekora can block me and Silvanus can jail Lavinya (or vice versa) to prevent us from setting the flowers on fire and we can go around in circles about it tomorrow, with at least the information that Ssaliss's role will reveal. And if Ushaara wins because of the above then, well, damn. He played well.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Since I know I have no night powers and that Silvanus can confirm my allegiance to him, it really only does leave Allyrianne. I think it makes more sense to lynch the rogue night power  than the guy that was blocked. Ssaliss can be blocked again.

Allyrianne also seems to be subtly trying to deflect suspicion my way. Let me quote a few little tidbits:
    I was a bit rushed since it seemed important to claim as soon as I had a moment. I'm also not sure what you're looking for (aside from someone else to throw suspicion on) 

As Lady Lola, I started out Scottish, although since Mary's death I now consider myself loyal to King Henry II. I'm also pregnant with Francis's bastard, although he had no idea (I guess he does now?). Mary did know, which caused some tensions between us that I was attempting to move past by bringing her whatever news I could. (I could send her one message a night. Mostly I rambled at her about my theories based on the previous day which included what I pieced together about Silvanus, general suspicions of Synkarin and the whole Ushaara/Kiradawea argument)  My pregnancy with a royal bastard gives me a one-time protection against kills (night only, from what I understand).

While I agree there are multiple possible reasons for the lack of kills last night, reviewing the list of claims, I have to say that Ssaliss's is the one that doesn't fit. There is no other example of a historical character that is not physically present on the show. As Ushaara's(I think it was him?) mentioned, we don't know what would have happened if Vivet had investigated Chirbo. Her role power doesn't explicitly state that she only discovers nationality, just that she learns something from their belongings. Also, once his flavour text/role was revealed, those of us without powers pretty quickly figured out he was protestant, so the power may have been primarily alluding to that. We also know that Synkarin did have an investigative role, and was mafia, so claiming to be religious investigator would seem "safe."

Unless Diane de Poitier is going to go off the deep end with her show-only son dead, I think Vote: Ssaliss is the wisest option.

The only thing I can think of with roses/flowers (aside from the tudor roses that Ushaara mentioned and if it's those I have no idea) is that in the show Catherine suspects Princess Claude of having murdered her younger siblings because of the flowers found with them. Although it turns out not to have been Princess Claude, but Diane de Poitiers. But it was the nursemaid who put the flowers? I think?

No idea if that's at all relevant, but it was the only thing I could think of.
    It's a clever ploy. I could totally be lying about having no night action, of course. Tekora already suspects me, and by elimination only one of us two could have visited Ushaara. Except it wasn't me, because I don't just talk to Silvanus, I spend every night with him. WITH him. 

VOTE Allyrianne

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    unvote

I DON'T KNOW, BRING ME WINE
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Current Vote Count Update:

Ssaliss - Tekora, Allyrianne (2)

Allyrianne - Ssaliss, Lavinya (2)

In the kingdom of France, it takes the word of 4 nobles to lynch a member of the court.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Vote: Tekora

We have four confirmed towns. We have at least two scum. Possibly three.

Tekora has claimed she's been roleblocked. Tekora's claims of roleblocking have been confirmed by 2 possible scum, and me. When I was roleblocked, I smelt a rose.

We hang Tekora today, we would still have four town and two scum left, but we will finally know about Tekora.

I will jail Allyrianne during the night, if no one dies, we hang Allyrianne. If someone dies, you hang Ssaliss, then hang Allyrianne.

Allyrianne has to be hung last. She claimed that she has one free daykill/nightkill. If there are three scum, and we hang Allyrianne first, that means we go into night with 4 Town vs 3 Scum, and I will die.

Reasons for hanging Tekora:

1. Roleblocker - she is a known roleblocker. I need to jail one of the scum. If she is scum and roleblocks me, they win.

2. Roleblocker - Do you realize that the scum have yet to target a roleblocker that has claimed since day 2?

I condemn Tekora in the eyes of God and men.

Now if I am wrong, and Tekora is actually town. We are still up 4 towns to 2 scum, and I can jail one of them. I assume I will die during the night, you lynch Ssaliss first then Allyrianne.

Counter argument is that we can lynch Ssaliss and I can jail Allyrianne and if no one dies, then Tekora is town and would play the same as before, but I can't risk it with Tekora being a roleblocker. If Tekora is scum, she can easily screw everything up by roleblocking me.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    At this point, I'm more convinced of Allyrianne's guilt than Ssaliss'. Block him again for good measure, sure, but Lavinya has been consistent throughout the game, so

Vote Allyrianne
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Oh, man. What does that condemning do?
    DO NOT LYNCH ALLY
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    My thing makes it two votes to lynch Tekora
    edited January 2016
    As Silvanus's voice thunders over the proceedings, all eyes turn to Tekora with sudden scorn and derision, as she has been officially condemned by the French court. It will now take half as many votes (ie, 2 votes) to lynch Tekora this day.

Ssaliss - Tekora, Allyrianne (2)

Allyrianne - Ssaliss, Lavinya, Ushaara (3)

Tekora - Silvanus (1) - CONDEMNED!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Unvote
    Uhhhhhhh
  • Vote: Tekora
    Don't worry, I am sacrificing myself for my son!

I will probably die, Ssaliss will probably kill me. I will jail Allyrianne. Make sure Celina, Ushaara and Lavinya lynch Ssaliss first.

Assuming I die.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    And Allyrianne slams it home, oooh. 

THE TENSION OMG

French court is lethal...

(Do we need another vote?)
    edited February 2016

Ssaliss - Tekora (1)

Allyrianne - Ssaliss, Lavinya (2)

Tekora - Silvanus, Allyrianne (2) - CONDEMNED!

It doesn't take a majority of the court to see that Tekora's actions have brought the kingdom into chaos.

Many of the court scream out their objections, demanding prudence and caution, but Silvanus's voice holds an authority that no noble present can deny. At this, an indignant Tekora is brought to trial by her peers, who sneer down at her they close in. "It's him! It's him!" she shrieks, pointing at a frankly amused Ssaliss as she foams at the mouth with indignation. "He's Elizabeth, not me! Don't you get it? I've been right all along! Why won't you listen?!"  she howls.

"We've listened to you enough," Silvanus declares abruptly, and with a single dispassionate swipe of his hand, he strikes Tekora hard across the cheek. Stunned, she collapses straightaway to the ground, where her head cracks against the cold stone floor. The impact is fatal and immediate.

Tekora's glittering pink mask is pried away, revealing that she was indeed...

[Princess Claude Valois]

This siege business is terribly dreary, isn’t it? You’d be frightened for your life if you didn’t find the whole thing grimly amusing, dull, and terribly inconvenient all at the same time. The truth is you have been so busy evading the inevitability of political marriage that you hadn’t quite kept yourself up to date on the happenings of the court. You suppose it would be grand if Mary Stewart were to rule England, Scotland, and France alongside your brother, Francis, but truthfully you’re less inclined to enjoy court schemes unless they involve a bit of fun. And this siege, well. It’s anything but fun. Perhaps your mother, Catherine de Medici, would disapprove of your apathy, but no one can say you aren’t like her with regards to plots and intrigue. And while she attracts her flies with vinegar, you much prefer honey for yours.

You are French and Catholic, though you feel no great attachment to either label. You win when all threats to France are eliminated.

Pretty Princess:  It would be a shame to waste this opportunity to speak with the finest nobles in France, wouldn’t it? You may, once a night, choose a member of the court to accost with flattery and royal charm, effectively distracting them from whatever duties they had planned for that night. [Roleblocker Power]

There is a pause, and then, the unmistakable sound of laughter. The laugh continues, growing louder and more hysterical with each passing moment, until all the nobles are forced to laugh as well. There is nothing else to do, is there? There are only two options: to laugh, or to cry. So the nobles laugh without mirth, shaking with the terror of the oncoming night. The miracle, bright as it was, seems to have been wasted.

With the night's arrival, the nobles each bid one another adieu, this goodbye darker and more ominous than any shared prior. This one feels final, somehow. Tonight, you sense, everything might finally... end.

---

IT IS NIGHT SIX OF THE SIEGE:

KING HENRY II SITS ON THE THRONES OF FRANCE AND SCOTLAND

GOD SAVE THE KING!

---

You now have 48 hours to send in your night actions. The night will either end when all night actions are received, or the 48 hours are up. Good luck!

Daraius said:
    WHHHYYYYY MAN WHHHHYY
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    (Once again following this almost exclusively for the moderator's storytelling. @Sylandra you are killing it. Killing everyone. :x )
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."