The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I believe that is a lynch, a post will come later tonight once I doublecheck the numbers.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    If he's not guilty, we still get to use that and move forward onto something else. At least we did something. Timing out the day would've been the worst.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ack Sorry! I am still alive. I would have switched my vote as required, making the stalemate just amused me, then I got too busy to come back and move things along. My bad. But hey, I currently run two bricks and mortar stores now, how cool is that?

• *spooky ghost voice* I caaaaalled it. Thank yoooOoooOOoo for vengeaaaaAaaAAaance *spooky ghost voice*
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited May 2017
    lol
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    #VengeanceforBreandryn

......uhoh.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Yomoigu said:
    You suckas ain't yet seen the last of me!

Unleashed As Many Shall I Be!
    Stay Void-bound Gods damned it!
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (I will crow with delight if true :grin:)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited May 2017
    (Edit: might be too far. This was the day that never ends)
  • Yaaas I got one right finally
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I apologize, I had to work overtime a lot this week and wasn't feeling the inspiration for the post that was needed.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited May 2017
    Phoebus was killed! Phoebus was:

Elfenehoala the Fair - Phoebus

The screams of the dying fae filled the air, causing the Maeve Consciousness to roar in fury and to channel ethereal power towards the latest attack on the Serynwodenhillirim. I could sense the energies of Spirit Moon and the White Hart buttressing the Maeve's protective shield that surrounded the plants and animals of the forest.

"No, Elfie," said my sister Lisaera, holding my arm. I had not even realized I had begun striding towards the ethereal fold of the Serynwodenhillirim. Heated words bubbled up from my bosom but died in my throat as I looked into Lisaera's eyes and saw the pain and fear reflected there. Both of us had been the principals in awakening Spirit Moon, one of the greatest Sixth Circle accomplishments we did together. If anyone knew how I felt, it was Lisaera.

Elders: You win with the town when all Soulless are defeated.

Bonded Siblings (MASON): You and Lisaera share a unique bond and are able to communicate with each other during the night. During each day phase, you can send only one message between the two of you.

Book of Morgfyre/Lavinya

"And behind the eyes of the Other," I said, looking even deeper. "There is even another presence. Just as the Other shares space with Draceila, so too does the Other share space with another."

The Fates said nothing.

"It is a gameboard within a gameboard," I said. "Is this what their consciousness is? A fractal pattern that goes on without end? Each reflection thinking they are in control when in truth there is always you three pulling strings?"

"There's always an end," said Atropos.

Without saying another word, I turned away from Draceila and walked towards the Fates, feeling their uncaring gaze. Meridian had called this the Amberle sea, for the waters were the colour of her eyes.

When the Fates were gathered beneath me, I turned around. The drojiran stood there, watching me along side her kin, witnesses to the splintering of every Elder.

"Will they splinter?" I asked. "Do they come back?"

"Oh no," cackled Atropos. "It is the end."

Ignoring her, I nodded to the half-formed, gathering the Fates in a Roarkian inspired prison, letting them freely move along to their eventual death. The soft voice of Clotho carried to me.

"My sister is wrong," she said. "It is not death that is end. But being born."

And so I ate them.

Morgfyre and Malmydia lead the Elders into a new Lusternia with some strange Soullessish shards and free use of the Elixir.

Congratulations Lavinya and Ushaara!

Incoming large post!
    First off, I want to thank all of you for being mostly kind and bearing with me! This was a very fun game to plan out and play and I hope all of you had fun. I mad some mistakes a long the way and thank you for ignoring those and playing through. I highly recommend you have someone proofread your things first when you are incapable of typing.

Looking back, almost every single one of you suggested things that you were thought were unlikely but ended up being true, and or I thought about it.

1. I almost made a game with no Soulless and the Traitors weren't traitors yet. I was going to make the game randomly picking off Elders and eventually giving the options to go traitor, but I thought that would be more of a different game than a mafia game.

2. I thought I made town overpowered, but there was some crazy play and many people took the roles too seriously. In hindsight, we all play a roleplaying game and I should have seen the roleplaying aspect coming.

3. I tried to have fun with the fluff messages mostly to make the game more entertaining, that may have been a bad idea. My bad.

4. I scrapped the idea for my Crazen day, similar to the Red Scare. I was going to allow all the dead people to post and vote (but for it not to count), just to make a day super intense. But I thought you guys made the game crazy enough as it was, you didn't need me.

5. Maybe announcing limited cult recruitment ahead of time would be better?

ROLES!!

Soulless

Kethuru the Almighty - Portius

Suddenly, the taurians began split apart, exploding in fountains of blood and bone and flesh, which twined together and rose up around me as a bloody net. The souls of the taurians still clung to the fleshy net, like flies caught in the web. It was none other than Kethuru, whose underlying pervasive presence held the screaming souls together, bound by his black hatred.

Casting domotheon spears of light, I burnt through Kethuru's foul skin, but as soon as holes opened up, they closed just as swiftly. Kethuru had trapped me, caught in a diseased skein of flesh and soul, madness made flesh, closing around me. I screamed in rage and pain but to no avail. How long I fought, I do not know, but nights and days passed, until I knew I was being toyed with, caught in a nightmare without end.

But then the skein around me shuddered. What was happening? I did not know. The thousand eyes that hungrily watched my pain and suffering suddenly looked away. And as soon as Kethuru's attention turned elsewhere, it was like a fresh wind revived me as I was no longer suffocated by his dark regard.

Soulless One: You are a Herald of Magnora and you only have only ever known one thing in life, and you will not stop until you have consumed all else. You must kill everyone outside of the other Soulless, if you attack another Soulless, you will both be repulsed and blocked. If you fail to kill three nights in a row, you will no longer be known as the Almighty.

The Almighty: You are the Kethuru the Almighty, you can either withstand death one time or kill someone through protection one time.

Illith the Leviathian 

"One is rising!" shouted Meridian, who had been patrolling the oceans. "To me! To me!"

Enormous gouts of steam was rising out of the ocean where Meridian was hovering. Joining him, we could do nothing but wait. Who had won? Illith or Keph? Before I would have had doubts that any one being could defeat Illith, but then I had seen Dracnoris defeat his sister Draxbaylock.

It was Illith who bobbed to the surface in a froth of roiling blood. Meridian cursed as Illith rose up out of the waters, snapping at him. The Leviathan seemed slower, however, and it soon became apparent Illith paid dearly for fighting Keph.

Illith the Leviathan had been cut in half. At the cost of the life of Keph of the Thousand Eyes.

Soulless One: You are a Herald of Magnora and you only have only ever known one thing in life, and you will not stop until you have consumed all else. You must kill everyone outside of the other Soulless, if you attack another Soulless, you will both be repulsed and blocked. If you fail three nights in a row, your other half will be destroyed.

The Leviathian: Once the strongest of all Soulless, you had the power to disrupt the formation of the World itself until half of your body was imprisoned below. You do not have the ability to kill every night, you will only be able to kill every fourth night.

The Great Prison: Although your other half is forever imprisoned, a prison requires guards. You can imprison any night you are not killing. If you fail to kill and/or imprison three nights in a row, you will lose your ability to jail.

Town

Meridian the Wise 

"Why do you persist? Amberle has been long gone, but each day you act as if it is your penance to remain here with me. Why don't you splinter. Are your memories so important?"

"Do you wish to forget?" I asked

"No! Why would I want to? I have no desire to give up my identity, to never again have the sense of who I am . Perhaps it is cowardice. To want to hold on to this perspective that is myself. And lose it for what? Perhaps to become a mortal race, to subsume my identity among the many shards. Do you yearn to forget, Meridian?"

"I do and I don't," I said "I wish to forget the pain but all that is left of my love for Amberle is my memories of us together."

The Last Elder (DOCTOR): The screams of your love Amberle still ring to this day and for all of eternity. You will never know peace away from her, yet that is all that is left and you can never forget. You will vigilantly stand guard and protect all those you hold dear. You may protect one person every night.

Clangorum of the Mountains Breandryn

"Aye, we could some of us take the elixir as Morgfyre suggests," I said when all attention had turned upon me. "But you can count me out. If you ask me, it wouldn't be a noble sacrifice, it would be the path of the coward. Corrupting ourselves, turning ourselves into the enemy, destroying our own souls, for what? To win a few battles before we lose all identity of who or what we are? You all know how close I've been to Orlachmar, and I've seen firsthand the changes within him. Bloody stars, he is not the same! The soul, what Dynara saw in each of us, is being destroyed within Orlachmar! You think that's noble? To throw away Dynara's greatest gift? I say no! I would rather die with honor and being true to myself than win using this coward's method!"

Second Circle Artist (INVENTOR): You are a member of the Second Circle but you are really an artist in your creations. You make weapons and armor of war to shield and fight our battles against the Soulless, ones crafted with such beauty and elegance that many suspect you work with members of the Fourth Circle, not knowing you are the artist of your creche. You may fashion either a piece of Weapon or Armor for any player during the Night that will be unique to each Elder (or Soulless, if you choose wrong).

Xyl - Ello

Afterwards, we travelled to a range of high mountain peaks to the south. The sky was blue, streaked with wisps of white cloud. The Soulless Ones were on the other side of the world and for this moment at least, it was serene.

"Are you ready, beloved?" Trillillial asked, holding my hand.

She kissed me, pressing her warm lips against my cool lips, her wings wrapped around us, her feathers brushing against me. My body pulsated, suffusing us with a scintillating light.

It was time.

Crystal Observatory (INVESTIGATOR): Atop the highest--and coincidentally the most power-laden--mountain upon the First World was a conglomerate of tall spires that you built to observe the cosmos. You can also use the ability to watch your fellow Elders and discern their true nature somehow.  

Orlachmar the Strong Dylara

"Listen to Meridian!" Orlachmar shouted, then breathed deeply to gain some measure of control over himself. "Forgive me, Fain, but you cannot do this. You cannot continue on this path. I am not what I was. I do not know what I am! I know what you did was for our salvation, but trust me, Fain, this is not the answer. Do not do this! I beg of you and all that Dynara held for us, do not make any other become like me. It is not just hatred and despair that consumes me! It is hunger! Hunger for destruction! Why have I not wanted to be around others? I will tell you why! I want to kill you all! I want to tear each of you limb from limb! And I do not know how to stop this wanting!"

With his fists clenched, Orlachmar's voice broke. Indeed, he looked ready to begin tearing into all of us. But Fain strode down to stand before Orlachmar and placed a hand on Orlachmar's trembling shoulders. There was such compassion in Fain's eyes that Orlachmar eventually calmed down and seemed to deflate, unclenching his fists and bowing his head.

Elixir (VIGILANTE): It is unfortunate that you were brought back to life due to the Elixir and have your Soul being slowly consumed, but you are still Orlachmar the Strong! And you will do your duty as you always have until death. You may kill one person during the day by BRUTALIZING (target) while also being able to kill one person at night.

Drocilla - Tremula

"I am innocent," said Drocilla breathlessly. She turned to look beseechingly at everyone crowded around her. "We are all innocent. These alleged crimes are all either falsehoods, gross exaggerations or, at the most, misunderstandings. Please, you cannot banish us for trying to win this war! Fain has been a compassionate and fearless leader who sought only what was best for us. Please, listen to me! Let us go! Free us! I beg of you!"

Of course, we couldn't banish Drocilla, could we? How could we be so blind? She stood before us, the epitome of innocence. She was innocent, right? Something nagged at the back of my thoughts. Drocilla was so beautiful. Even the Triumvirate was nodding together. Some of the Elders had begun chanting, "Free them!" The scent of spices and musk was so strong that everything seemed to move in a haze. But there was something I was forgetting.

Survivor: You will win if all Soulless are defeated, however, your own personal victory will ring hollow as your life remains incomplete...

Powerless: Your life is missing something, if only you know where to look.

Aslarn the Quick Lehki

All I wished to do was run away, back to the jungles of Jojoba, to play with the great cats and help teach Little Sun what it was like to be awakened. But none of the other Firsts were in any shape to lead, and the Second Circle was preparing to rush off without plan or reason. Would I ever see beloved Jojoba again? I gritted my teeth against despair and roared.

Eyes turned to me, the Second Circle standing at attention. The other circles gathered around, looking beseechingly at me, hungry to know what to do. And so I did what I had to do, what duty demanded of me.

I prepared the gods for war.

First Circle(GOVERNOR): Your vote as a member of the First Circle carries more weight. A one time use only, you can prevent any lynch from happening during twilight hours through PM.

Roark - Weiwae

"I got it!" shouted someone triumphantly.

We looked over and found the voice belonged to Roark of the Fifth Circle, who stood proudly over a cage of flashing colours. Inside was the small Soulless One known as Nemach.

"This was an experimental trap," explained Roark. "My theory was that a hyperattenuated immanidivinus field could force the excoroperditio aura around a Soulless One to manifest and its power siphoned back in on itself, creating a permanent prison. Of course, it wouldn't work on the larger Soulless Ones, but . . ."

"Let me go!" screamed Nemach, smashing himself against the cage. "I know you now, one called Roark! I know you! I have watched you from the folds between space and know your secrets"

Blinking in surprise, Roark stepped back, clearly shaken by the ranting of Nemach the Soulless. The cage wobbled and trembled as Nemach turned into a swirling mass of black smoke.

"I know what you have done to my kind!" screeched Nemach. "I know what your secrets! My destiny will be to destroy you, devour you, unmake you!"

Hyperattenuated Immanidivinus Field: You theorized that you can create a permanent prison around a Soulless using their excoroperditio energy around itself. You can do this every night, but for balancing purposes, you can also imprison an Elder.

Dracnoris - Othero - senses soulless kills

I know what this stirring is. After the disappearance of the three children of Yudhe, when the Great Silence fell across creation, when the Elder Gods, myself included, were drawn to the First World called Lusternia, after an aeon had passed and before the Circles of the Gods were formed, I felt the stirring. It was the stirring of my sibling, she who was a Handmaiden of Magnora, one of the Soulless Gods. As with all of us whom Dynara brought into being from the same crèche, or the same higher plane of existence (whichever you prefer), this bond links us together even now.

And thus I know that the Handmaidens of Magnora have survived, just as we, the Elder Gods, survived. I know the Soulless Ones hunger in the darkness of the Void, having fed upon each other, growing to fill the emptiness within their very beings. Yes, that is the stirring I feel.

Primal God: You are one of the first Gods created by Dynara and do not have the normal star shape as the other Elder Gods. You even shared a creche with one that became a Herald of Magnora, Draybaxlock. Because of this, you have a unique ability to sense the vibrations of the Soulless, although would be unable to discern who they are, only their actions. You will be notified of what a Soulless does every night. 

Krokano - Falmiis

Tis a shameful thing to admit, but I gloried in this war. I was Krokano, of the Golden Circle, and war agreed with me! This was the battle the Second Circle was meant to fight. Not punishing mad half-formeds or vanquishing rudderless consciousnesses that manifested in the Void, but true combat, where the stakes were high and the outcome far from certain. I wondered if the others felt as I did. Though we never spoke of it plainly, I saw the lust for battle growing in Morgfyre's eyes day-by-day. And, of course, there was Orlachmar. Ah, Orlachmar! What a cipher he was. The only one who ever benefited from Fain's Elixer. Sometimes I wished it were me who received its miraculous properties. Orlachmar was so much more stronger and faster than before, deadlier in every way. But, then again, sometimes I'd look into his eyes and see something that made me grateful it wasn't me.

One-Eyed: Every night phase, you can choose to watch someone during the day. If they raised a disruption field, you will intercept any messages sent. Technically you still have two eyes as far as the timeline goes, so do not assume any information based on this power. 

Malmydia - Ushaara 

Humming to herself, Malmydia traced a long finger over my wounds. She painfully pulled off torn strips of flesh. Then, she began using her instruments. They poked and prodded into my wounds, then probed deeper and deeper into my flesh. The pain became abominable, and I began to squirm under her hands. The power in the instruments flared with energies that turned from frigid cold to blazing hot. I swear at one point she shoved her entire fist into my skull, grabbing ahold of my spirit and stretching it out. I finally could take no more and screamed. I begged her to stop, over and over and over, I pleaded. Each time, she'd pat my hand and say, "There, there. We're almost done."

But Malmydia was far from done. It went on and on. I struggled. I wept. I raged and entreated. I tried to summon the reserves to free myself, but my strength was sapped away by the fluids being pumped into me. Several times I began to lose consciousness, which would have been a mercy, but she would pause and summon energies that brought me back to vivid awareness.

Survivor: You will win if all Soulless are defeated, however, your own personal victory will ring hollow as your life remains incomplete...

Powerless: Your life is missing something, if only you knew where to look.

Lisaera - Ssaliss - mason

"You are the traitor, Fain," Lisaera said softly, held protectively by Elfenehoala. "I only did what must have been done."

"You will pay for this, Lisaera," Fain said coldly. "You will regret what you did here today."

Turning her back on him, Lisaera walked away with Elfenehoala shooting Fain a venomous glare. Meridian folded his arms and stared at Fain, as though challenging him.

"I won't forget you either, Meridian!" Fain yelled. "Or your part in this, Elfenehoala! All of you will pay for this deed! All of you! Do you hear me! You'll pay!"

Bonded Siblings (MASON): You and Elfenhoala share a unique bond and are able to communicate with each other during the night. During each day phase, you can send only one message between the two of you.

Elfenhoala the Fair - mason Phoebus

The screams of the dying fae filled the air, causing the Maeve Consciousness to roar in fury and to channel ethereal power towards the latest attack on the Serynwodenhillirim. I could sense the energies of Spirit Moon and the White Hart buttressing the Maeve's protective shield that surrounded the plants and animals of the forest.

"No, Elfie," said my sister Lisaera, holding my arm. I had not even realized I had begun striding towards the ethereal fold of the Serynwodenhillirim. Heated words bubbled up from my bosom but died in my throat as I looked into Lisaera's eyes and saw the pain and fear reflected there. Both of us had been the principals in awakening Spirit Moon, one of the greatest Sixth Circle accomplishments we did together. If anyone knew how I felt, it was Lisaera.

Bonded Siblings (MASON): You and Lisaera share a unique bond and are able to communicate with each other during the night. During each day phase, you can send only one message between the two of you.

Hoarcle the Forest Dreamer Sylandra 

A Triumvirate was formed to investigate the Twelve Traitors. A Triumvirate always consisted of three members of the Third Circle, specially chosen for their wisdom to be arbiters for crimes amongst the Elders. The Third Circle had two branches, the Hamadhi who were the healers and caretakers of the half-formeds, and the deep mediators, who were rarely seen but rather spent their time contemplating the mysteries of the multiverse. It was generally from this latter group that individuals were chosen to be on a Triumvirate. There were only five other times in our history that a Triumvirate was formed. It took several days for the Third Circle to choose the Triumvirate for this trial.

First was Hoaracle the Forest Dreamer. Before the war, he spent his days wandering from forest to forest, taking root in each for centuries, meditating upon the life within. He looked ancient with a mossy green beard and brown skin creased and weathered like old bark. It was said that during his deep meditations, you couldn't be able to discern him from the trees around.

The Dreamer (RECLUSE): Every odd night, you will disappear into the forests and contemplate existance. You will be unable to be targetted, but you will have watched any that visited you. (But no Klaus this time!)

Mugowumpois - Shaddus

"You aren't afraid, are you, dear?" Mugowumpois asked her in the furrikin's own language. It was odd that the mortal races could never master our tongue, each developing their own language.

"No, Great Mugowumpois," she answered, though she clearly was terrified.

"This is Ayalala of the Sweetberry tribe," said Mugowumpois, stroking the furrikin's arm. Then she switched to the Elder tongue. "I know I've showed you this before, the soul that inhabits each shard, but indulge me a moment."

Mugowumpois smiled gently at Ayalala and turned her around. Placing a hand over the furrikin's head, Mugowumpois increased the vibration around her aura until the shard of the soul became visible.

"This is a technique you shall appreciate, Xyl," Mugowumpois said. "I'm going to use a small amount of immanidivinus energy to mark the substance of the soul."

The Collection of the Elder Wars (FOLLOWER): You have been interviewing, writing and collecting all information of the histories of the Elders. You may follow one person every night and write down their actions. 

Fates - Selenity 

"Why several aeons?" Xyl asked. They remained silent, so I said again, "What happens in several aeons that cannot happen now?"

"You suspect already!" cackled Atropos.

"You mean," my mind was whirling. "Of course, the laws of physics evolve, along with everything else. If realities are forever in flux, then Roark would have to wait until evolution takes its course and the quantum states are in alignment. I wish there was a way we could to tell him."

"It would hardly matter," said Lachesis. "Once the Soulless finish with the First World, they will move out and consume this entire multiverse, even the other planes would not be safe."

"Including you," I pointed out.

"We will be the last to go," shrugged Atropos "We always are."

Elders: You win with the town when all Soulless are defeated. However, your unique existance will enable a Major Victory for Town.

Atropos, Clotho and Lachesis (Deathproof): Due to your nature, you will have the ability to avoid death three times, however, when you lose a life, your role will be revealed to your killer.

Reweave the Tapestry: The lives of Elders are no challenge, Elder's destinies may as well be straight lines. Mortals, however, they can surprise you. Your power to reweave Fate may be unlocked.

Bollikin the Playful - Celina

Their imminent death weighed heavier on me than my own. I began to cry. Something inside of me was breaking. This was my final farewell. I hugged Tae hard, and he absorbed it and hugged me back. I could not say what I was going to do.

"I love you, dear Tae," I whispered. "I must leave now."

"I love you too, little friend," said Tae, "but where are you going? When will you be coming back?

I didn't answer. I couldn't answer. A deep peace filled me. I would join my creations. It would be my last, final gift to them, to join them in their fate. Tae's booming voice was hammering at me but his words became a blur of sound. Other voices were joining his, but they meant nothing to me. I felt the force of my children's love surge within me. But I was helpless to do anything.

My heart breaks for I cannot take you with me, dear Tae.

Good bye.

Elders: You win with the town when all Soulless are defeated, however, you are the key to a Major Victory for Lusternia.

Furrikin (pseudo-jester/spirit): When you die, instead of death, you will shard into a bunch of amazing little furballs. After death, one time only, you may still Vote.

Mafia

Fain, of the Red Masque - Vivet

Rising up before Fain, who glared at him, Krokano passed his hand in front of Fain's face. Fain's face shimmered and the mask reappeared. There were murmurs from the audience. Did Krokano just put the mask back on Fain?

"It is his face that is an illusion," said Krokano. "This mask is not a mask but his true face. Look upon true face of Fain!"

"Your outer form reflects your inner self now," said Mysrai. "A fascinating and oddly poetic side effect."

"It is a small price to pay!" yelled Fain. "We did all we did to win the war against the Soulless! And we almost succeeded! Banish us now and you will doom all of creation!"

Twelve Traitors: They will brand us as traitors if we fail, but we are the only hope for survival against the Soulless. The Soulless will not stop until we stop them, and we are the only ones able to stop them. They have betrayed us by denying us our only chance at victory. You may exchange messages freely during the night with other members of your group.

Forbidden Elixir: Our only chance for victory. You will have the ablity to recruit members to your Mysteries, though limited selections do exist. Your team can either kill someone during the night or choose to recruit a member, but due to your nature, you must attempt a kill every other night. You may also ask for a clue on the player who you may recruit instead of killing or recruiting.

Disruption Field: A one time use, you can protect yourself in a disruption field to send a limited amount of messages during the next day phase.

Morgfyre the Merciless - Lavinya

"It's a trap," said Morgfyre, pulling off his mask. "We should kill them quickly and then disperse."

I didn't like the sound of that. Morgfyre was looking at me with golden eyes that shimmered with desire. No, not desire. Hunger. And was it just me or did his face tremble as though it were made of putty?

"Let's not be rash," said the Silver Mask. That was Lisaera, our insider. Good, we had hope. "They may know something. They must be interrogated."

"I said I smell a trap!" hissed Morgfyre.

"Sorry, my dear," said Fain to Lisaera. "But I trust Morgfyre's intuition in these matters. Something is definitely wrong. They must disappear quickly."

"And waste not, want not, no?" said a sultry voice from the lavender mask. "All that lovely essence they hold. And I'm so hungry."

Okay, this wasn't going exactly as I had in mind. They were suggesting eating us, weren't they? That's what it sounded like to me. Ologri, Braun and Panamandius seemed to agree, for I felt their unease growing through the bonds of the formation. Oh, Quarilia, my love, is this what happened to you?

Twelve Traitors: They will brand us as traitors if we fail, but we are the only hope for survival against the Soulless. The Soulless will not stop until we stop them, and we are the only ones able to stop them. They have betrayed us by denying us our only chance at victory.

Dark Cadre: You are the leader and tactician and by all accounts have consumed more Essence than any other. Your strength grows rapidly and with each kill, you become stronger. And as you become stronger, those in your Formation feed off your strength. Every successful kill will add powers to your arsenal.

(gained) Slaay the Hidden: As a member of the Dark Cadre, you follow Morgfyre's lead. Your expertise is in the hidden knife, the subterfuge kill within the dark. One time, you may use Slaay the Hidden to kill someone, they will die on the next night. This is a one time use and can be used at the same time as Fain's Elixir if you were not the leader. Just Slaay (person) during nighttime.

(gained) Thax the Machine: Only once, you can be rebuilt during the day, this is a twilight power, usable after a lynch, simply post RESET DAY in bold. The day will start over, all votes will be removed, the lynch will reset, the day will continue on as normal, all votes can be recast the same way.

(gained) Grunella the Bloody: You may either execute any player who has a vote placed against them that is not your own or kill someone through any protection. One time use any. Either EXECUTE (player) during the day or STRONGARM (player) at night.

(gained) Ivanko the Cruel: Infamous for delighting in torture and pain, Ivanko's true speciality is in mutiliating their victim beyond all recognition. One time only, the person you kill will be janitored away to everyone else, but you will know who they were at least. Ivanko (person)

Ushaara's new role sheet:

Malmydia 

Humming to herself, Malmydia traced a long finger over my wounds. She painfully pulled off torn strips of flesh. Then, she began using her instruments. They poked and prodded into my wounds, then probed deeper and deeper into my flesh. The pain became abominable, and I began to squirm under her hands. The power in the instruments flared with energies that turned from frigid cold to blazing hot. I swear at one point she shoved her entire fist into my skull, grabbing ahold of my spirit and stretching it out. I finally could take no more and screamed. I begged her to stop, over and over and over, I pleaded. Each time, she'd pat my hand and say, "There, there. We're almost done."

But Malmydia was far from done. It went on and on. I struggled. I wept. I raged and entreated. I tried to summon the reserves to free myself, but my strength was sapped away by the fluids being pumped into me. Several times I began to lose consciousness, which would have been a mercy, but she would pause and summon energies that brought me back to vivid awareness.

Traitors: You win when all Soulless are defeated and the rest of the Elders pose no threat (have a majority over town). 

Third Circle: As a healer, you have the ability to rebuild those who have been destroyed using the Elixir. You may block any death, regardless of the means, of any Traitor. This can stop any activated power, day or night. (except lynching which is actually exile).

Consumption: Anytime you kill, you will gain a new power to better use your abilities. 

(gained) Bloodredi: Being the only member of the Twelve to seek Fain out, Bloodredi's creations took on a grotesque form. You may use his Scorpions to roleblock one person a night. You may only do this two times. ROLEBLOCK (person) at night.

Sylandra leaves

Ahhh, one of the best places on the First World to plant my roots and connect with the forest. The great Northern Forest in Lusternia, Serynwodenhillirim, home to many of the oldest trees, a great place to observe the passing of time. You find a small clearing by a pleasant brook in the corner of the forest, deciding that is the best place to reach out.

You reach deep within the First World with your roots, connecting with the Great Spirits that reside there, feeling the deepest parts of the forest when your concentration is cut short by a visiting Shaddus. You watch his movements for awhile as he continues to search around the Forest, presumably looking for you.

Weiwae jails Xeii

Setting yourself up on the outer Cosmic planes, you prepare the trap you need to protect Xeii. Although there are very few people that come up to the Cosmic planes, you were able to successfully entrap Xeii and jail him safely on an outer Cosmic Plane.

Yomoigu attacks Portius - BLOCKED by Portius

You barrel towards the edge of the First World, crashing and destroying the world around you as valleys are formed around your massive hulk. You have been gaining on your prey, nipping at their heels as you push further and further. All of a sudden, your prey stops, heels and turns towards you, their massive form rising above the surrounding lands.

Kethuru turns towards you and lashes out with his tentacles, his form constricting around you as he laughs maniacally watching you struggle against him, pushing you to the brink of death.

YOU ARE ILLITH THE LEVITHIAN, YOU WILL NOT BE STOPPED.

Your massive force launches straight towards Kethuru, knocking his massive form back into the Basin as the First World crashes around your two's eternal struggle.

Portius attacks Falmiis - BLOCKED by Yomoigu

You watch as puny Falmiis rushes to the edge of the world, you barreling behind him, destroying the Basin around you. You push forward, nipping at his heels, ignoring the crashing and destruction around you. Just as your tendrils reach out to grab him, you are grounded to a halt in your tracks.

You turn to look at your opponent, the massive form of Illith the Leviathian reaching out to you. You rise up above Illith, your tendrils reaching out to envelop his form.

I AM ILLITH THE LEVITHIAN, I WILL NOT BE STOPPED.

Illith the Leviathian launches straight towards you, knocking you down into the First World as the Basin crashes and tumbles around you.

Lavinya attacks Falmiis - kills Falmiis!

You sit, patiently waiting for Falmiis, when all of a sudden the First World shakes and thunders around you when Falmiis comes walking in. You can see the Basin changing around outside behind Falmiis, but Falmiis is alone as you wait for him.

"Krokano! We have some matters to discuss."

"Morgfyre! This is a surpr..."

Before he even finishes, you plunge through Falmiis, grabbing his essence and consume it. When you finish your work with Falmiis, Someone appears out of the Shadow.

Slaay the Hidden: As a member of the Dark Cadre, you follow Morgfyre's lead. Your expertise is in the hidden knife, the subterfuge kill within the dark. One time, you may use Slaay the Hidden to kill someone, they will die on the next night. This is a one time use and can be used at the same time as Fain's Elixir.

Shaddus visits Sylandra

You follow Sylandra into the northern Wilderness as you approach a small brook, the last known spot of Sylandra when you lose all track of her. She has just disappeared without a trace.

Breandryn protects himself with lynch protection

CLANG CLANG CLANG

You fashion the perfect piece of armor for yourself, a polished piece of metal that would shield you from harm for the day. You may PROTECT (Yourself) from harm for one day only to prevent a lynch on you. One time use.

Luce investigating Weiwae

You were investigating the outer cosmic planes, when you noticed Weiwae laying some immadivinus trap. Seeing that there was no danger, you walk up to Weiwae.

"Hey Roark, what are you doing out here on the empty cosmic planes?"

"Observing and setting a trap to protect someone from harm in my immadivinus jail."

Satisified, you left Roark to his work knowing that his mission is the same goal as yours: to save the Elders and defeat the Soulless.

Xeii fails to protect Lehki

You go to walk towards Lehki when you fall into a trap, some sort of divinus or excorbito energy that prevents your essence from moving, while also protecting your essence from harm.

Othero sense

You can feel the Basin shaking, the First World feels as if it is cracking apart at the seams, but you know what it really is: Kethuru and Illith are battling each other for supremacy, pushing the First World to its limits, they have distracted each other from the Elders.

Night 2

Mafia

You were both eagerly awaiting on what to do next, sitting and chatting about who would be the best fit, when all of a sudden, a sword comes slashing through the air and slicing Vivet from top to bottom, completely destroying Fain.

Raezon and Ghesia look to Morgfyre as the person to lead us going forward, and ask him:

If the fates decided Lavinya was best fit for Morgfyre, then who would best represent Drocilla?

Portius eats Xeii

They were all leaving Mount Dynara, just waiting to be picked off. It was easy to find Meridian, now that he had been picked out from the group. 

Casting domotheon spears of light, Meridian frantically flails about, hoping to drive straight through me, but as soon as holes opened up, they closed just as swiftly. You had trapped Meridian, caught in a diseased skein of flesh and soul, madness made flesh, closing around him. You can hear his screams of rage and pain but to no avail. How long he will fight, it will not matter, but nights and days passed, until he knew I was toying with him, caught in a nightmare without end.

But then the skein around him closed as I got hungry. My next meal awaits.

Yomoigu jails Selenity

You can feel the rest of them leaving Mount Dynara, your mindweb reaching through the pillars of Earth to feel their essence. You reach out towards Selenity, trapping and containing her essence against the Mountain, preventing her from leaving. She will not move nor be harmed there. Success!

(Selenity)

You were on your way away from Mount Dynara when the three of you were trapped within the Mountain's gravity and were contained in a field of essence.

No matter, it will safe here on Mount Dynara for the night, the energy of the Mountain here is strong. You can feel the strings of fate at your fingertips.

Weiwae jails Othero

When the First Circle left Mount Dynara, you knew of the best way to hold Othero for the night. You were easily able to trap his energy and contain it to Mount Dynara, where he will be held safely at the Peak.

Othero senses Yomoigu

You were on your way home from Mount Dynara when your immandivinus energy was trapped within the Mountain's gravity and were contained in a field of essence.

No matter, you can rest here for the night, maybe warn the others, perhaps you can let Selenity know that a Soulless is after her. Maybe you will get there in time...

Shaddus notes Yomoigu

We were all leaving Mount Dynara when you noticed something about Yomoigu. On your way to go observe Yomoigu you quickly chatted with another Elder to catch up, and the conversation switched to Yomoigu. They mentioned the energy force around Mount Dynara that was containing someone on the mountain, protecting them while preventing them from acting. 

You realized that is what you noticed about Yomoigu and saved yourself a trip.

Luce investigates Shaddus

They were all leaving Mount Dynara when you decided to talk to Shaddus before he went. You do always have some slight enjoyment from bothering Mugowumpois, he was just out there interviewing other Elders and you know that he means no harm to any Elders.

"Mugowumpois, what book are you writing now?"

"I am out here writing down all the activities that the Elders do in various collections, right now my focus is on following the Elder's and writing down all of their actions."

Breandryn

You had fashioned the perfect piece of Armor for Meridian, a member of the First Circle would need a way to defend them against the Soulless, especially the hidden forces. These Goggles allows its wearer to be far more alert of all actions taken against it, usable once. They can WATCH (Themselves) one night only.

You showed up at Meridian's place, but forgot because you were down in the caves that she was on the casaulty report earlier. No matter, this piece of armor can be given out to someone at any time, using all the other same rules applied before.

Dylara

You saw Vivet gathered around, wearing some kind of mask. You knew what had to be done, pulling out your sword, you slice Fain from top to bottom, completely destroying him.

Night 3

Weiwae jails Phoebus

You were setting up your trap on an outer plane, you happen to know the routes that Phoebus takes and she easily fell right into it. You have secured her essence in a fail of unbreakable energy. Jail successful!

Portius kills Luce

They tried to push me back into the Void, but they doubted my strength. I am Kethuru the Almighty, and I will consume all. Crystalcakes fought back atop Mount Dynara, though to no avail. He was consumed as all others will be.

Lavinya kills Ssaliss

Now that Fain is gone, you finally have control of the Elixir and the course of action. And now, especially with Fain gone, you can get rid of that annoying witch, Lisaera. You know she is always floating around the Forests, it was easy to find her and eat her essence. Part of being the leader of this band now, you have to make some sacrifices, so you brought someone along to share Lisaera's essence:

Thax the Machine: Only once, you can be rebuilt during the day, this is a twilight power, usable after a lynch, simply post RESET DAY in bold. The day will start over, all votes will be removed, the lynch will reset, the day will continue on as normal, all votes can be recast the same way.

Shaddus follows Othero

Othero took no action.

"You follow Sylandra into the northern (---->)Wilderness(<----) as you approach a small brook"

Othero senses Portius kills Luce

Soulless Sense: You can sense a Soulless has attacked Luce

Sylandra leaves

Well as you go to return to the Northern Wilderness, you do not see any waste around you. The Great Forest in the North is your favorite place to rest, and this time you are left all alone in your small brook. No visitors, no waste.

Breandryn gives double vote to Selenity

This time, there will be no one to stop you from delivering your weapon to Selenity. You have finally given her part of the voice she needs, and during any day phase, she can DOUBLEVOTE (person).

Selenity earns Double Vote

The three of you were discussing the future of the World when it dawned on the collective you that you may not see the future you want at the rate the Elders are falling. Thankfully, an Elder prepared for this day when you would take a more active role. This Elder has fashioned you a weapon to make your voices more hear, well at least give you a second vote. You can DoubleVote one time, just include in bold in your post message.

Yomoigu does nothing

You twiddled your tentacles.

Night Four

Othero senses Yomoigu eat Shaddus

You were jailed!

You sensed Soulless attack Shaddus!

Weiwae jails Othero

Jail successful!

Portius attacks Othero

You can see that Elder alone on Mount Dynara when you unleashed your full might against on him, only to be repulsed by some protective barrier. You failed to kill Othero.

Yomoigu kills Shaddus

Finally free of your constraints, you pushed forward against the First World enraged. Pushing forward, you noticed Mugowompis was foiling around in some Swamp when you decided to devour the swamp whole. You probably ate Shaddus.

Success!

Lavi recruits Ushaara

Malmydia 

Traitors: You win when all Soulless are defeated and the rest of the Elders pose no threat (have a majority over town). 

Third Circle: As a healer, you have the ability to rebuild those who have been destroyed using the Elixir. You may block any death, regardless of the means, of any Traitor (except lynching which is actually exile).

Consumption: Anytime you kill, you will gain a new power to better use your abilities. 

Night Five

Weiwae jails Yomoigu

Jail successful!

Yomiogu killed Breandryn, jailed

Kill failed, you were jailed!

Othero senses Yomoigu

Soulless attacked Breandryn

Lavinya kills Breandryn

You successfully killed Breandryn, you gained:

Grunella the Brutal: You may either execute any player who has a vote placed against them that is not your own or kill someone through any protection. One time use any. Either EXECUTE (player) during the day or STRONGARM (player) at night.

Sylandra retreats, no one visits

Another day no one visited

(I did night six via phone)

Night Seven

Ushaara roleblocks Yomiugu

Successful roleblock!

Yomoigu fails to kill Phoebus, other half shards

FREE ME! FREE ME! FREE ME!

A disturbance brought forth by a telepathic wave blocked you from going forward against Phoebus. The need to consume has wrapped around and driven your other half to a frenzy, thrashing back and forth in an attempt to free itself. 

You can feel a sudden tremor within the Basin and lose your connection with your other half. You can feel only emptiness and silence, a disturbing longing overtakes you knowing you will never be whole.

Silence, until all of a sudden, thousands of voices break through at once. FREE ME! FREE ME! FREE ME! The thousands of thousands of cries for help overwhelm all forms of your telepathy.

You can only kill now. You were roleblocked. Your other half sharded.

Lavinya kills Dylara and gains Ivanko

Ivanko the Cruel: Infamous for delighting in torture and pain, Ivanko's true speciality is in mutiliating their victim beyond all recognition. One time only, the person you kill will be janitored away to everyone else, but you will know who they were at least. Ivanko (person)

Selenity becomes bus driver

The time has come forward, you have followed these lines for months. Steadily weaving and waiting, knowing what was coming. The tremor in the Basin's do not impact up here, but you can see this is different. A thread dangles, swaying left to right.

A burst of life as it pulls tight into thousands of thousands of strings. The three of you begin weaving forth and settin gthe paths of mortals, preparing for the future that even you can't predict, but can direct more than others.

You have lost all death defying capabilities.

You have gained the ability to Bus drive.

edited May 2017
    @Lavinya you sneaky son of a biscuit, I was onto you and @Ushaara! Also.
    You follow Sylandra into the northern Wilderness as you approach a small brook, the last known spot of Sylandra when you lose all track of her. She has just disappeared without a trace.
    @SHADDUS. (╯ರ ~ ರ)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I freakin' tooooold you Ushaara was a badguy.
    edited May 2017
    On the last day, with 3 v 2 v 1, if the town voted Ushaara, at night it would've been 3 v 1 v 1 (instead of 3v2)

It is possible both Lavi and Yomoi get a kill on a town off and it being 1 v 1 v 1

I have no idea how the game ends at that point.
  •  I'm confused. What happened to Selenity?
    I re-organized the post to maybe make it more clear, in the last night Lavi killed Phoebus, making it 2 traitors vs 2 town, traitors win because town can't.

Lavi/Morgfyre ate the Fates/Selenity to secure Traitor victory because nothing could stop her, that was just my fluff post for the game end.
    edited May 2017
    Portius said:
    To this day, I have no idea how Ushaara didn't just get lynched for claiming a traitor. And in a game with a very finite number of claimable roles, the last couple people to claim should be heavily suspect by default just because it's so dangerous to false claim a name early. So probably should've poked more at Lavinya, too.
    Y'all can't say we didn't try on Day 2! Town had a lot of people who didn't enjoy aggressive play, though. I was surprised how much backlash the "Let's Lynch @Ushaara" train got.

Also the dayphase that I died still cracks me up:
    Me: @Yomoigu is suspicious don't you think.
    @Weiwae: He couldn't have killed Breandryn so let's lynch someone else.
    Me: @Lavinya has a dumb claim don't you think?
    Lavinya: OMFG SYLANDRA IS SUSPICIOUS /daykill
    Me: /dead
    Lavinya: Oops.
    Everyone: It's okay Lavinya, nbd.
    @Weiwae: Hmm. Isn't @Yomoigu kind of suspicious, guys?

lmaooo
    Daraius said:
    The extent to which people were so unwilling to lynch Ushaara was certainly frustrating. I didn't particularly trust Lavinya's claim either, but I was also assuming there was only one traitor and one Soulless left, because we never got a LyLo or MyLo warning or anything, which I'm accustomed to. So I was pretty sure it was just down to Yomoigu and Ushaara left as scum. Whoops.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited May 2017
    Ok, because it's kind of funny and illustrates the dangers of not letting a scum group (because soulless functionally were by win condition, since we wanted to kill everyone but each other) know each other's identities, powers, number of people, or actions:

Night one. I get blocked. Illith gets blocked. Falmiis still dies. Conclusion, we have a killer that is not Illith or Kethuru. Since Lusterinans tend to be very conservative about killing, probably not a vigilante. So we probably have two scum kills, one of which is not Illith. Maybe wrong, but by some bizarre coincidence later turns bore that out with two kills per night, so I kept believing it. Since three steady kills seemed excessive (and we never hit three in one night) I inferred that Illith wasn't a killer.

What're the options? I considered and ruled out jailer because it'd be so easy for us to hurt each other with it. Jailer blocks my target, I move in to kill, waste my strongarm. Or fail to kill completely. Which we can't prevent even if we know each other's identities without very risky public communication. Info gathering is basically worthless because we can barely communicate. By process of elimination, I guess that Illith is probably an arsonist, which fits with past Silvanus games anyway.

This informs my entire plan. There might have been a watcher, so Illith presumably only wanted very subtle targets. My kill would've been wasted if I hit an arsonist prepped target anyway, so double reason to avoid any good arson targets. Which left me to pop power roles on the assumption that I'd get get watched at some point, just to make sure those roles didn't catch Illith out. Secondarily, try to minimize chance of people thinking there's an arsonist. Third priority, try to figure out if we have 2 or 3 soulless.

So that's how wrong I was. On the bright side, I did narrow down the other soulless to either Sylandra or Yomoigu, if there was only one, or Selenity and Fyler if there was a pair. I kind of assumed Sylandra as investigator immune (probably limited immunities, like my strongarm) arsonist because we needed something to balance out our lack of information. So wrong there, too.

Laugh at how wrong I was.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Phoebus said:
    The extent to which people were so unwilling to lynch Ushaara was certainly frustrating. I didn't particularly trust Lavinya's claim either, but I was also assuming there was only one traitor and one Soulless left, because we never got a LyLo or MyLo warning or anything, which I'm accustomed to. So I was pretty sure it was just down to Yomoigu and Ushaara left as scum. Whoops.
    That's definitely something I should have done in a game with such large numbers and cult recruitment. I completely overlooked that.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Also because it's a missed opportunity that I will never forgive myself for considering but not taking:

I briefly considered dropping Maeve claim after the Silvanus post, claiming that my role text was actually the quantum twin section at the end of the elder wars, and professing that I actually represented mortality, claimed Maeve because nobody would believe my real role without a lynch, and got a Los Alamos message because I made a joke about being a time traveling scientist playing Lusternia when I got the role message. So you can also laugh at the sheer number of ridiculous things I considered doing, because not getting a safe claim opened up all sorts of hilarious things to consider.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.