The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Woops, there he is!  :D
  • Ok so, Why would I even need to come up with some new convoluted reason not to suspect me with that argument? I wasn't really high on anybody's suspicion list. Also if I was scum, why would I be suddenly redirecting the vote from Yomoigu, he was almost to lynch? Unless I was in cahoots with him as traitors. 
  • So yeah, maybe I've been off base with all my reasoning today, but vote for me is a mistake so

Unvote

Vote: Yomoigu

Going to get drunk after work and play werewolf so I'll see you guys next day phase if I don't get lynched
    Well, here's what I'm thinking in regards to voting for you. I think, for one thing, if there is indeed a cult, you've probably been recruited by now. You had a plausible claim made early, which made you a low priority to investigate or target at night, and then you've mostly flown under the radar for the rest of the game, so you'd be a good dude to pick up. The more deaths we see without cultists showing in any of them, the less I think it's actually what we're working with. So, if you die and aren't a cultist, I'll be almost entirely convinced there's not a cult in play at all. That'd be helpful!

And there definitely were people who were already suspicious of you, but mostly I was the one saying you seemed like less of a priority than the other things we had on our plate. I was still feeling that way until you made that comment about assuming every strongman power works like Portius' did, and that therefore anyone who resisted a kill probably didn't have one, which was, uhhh...well, it seemed mostly like a big goofy reach to clear your own name. You didn't even use language like "we can assume" or "possibly," you kept saying "we know," when no, we don't know that at all! But you tried to state it like it was a known fact. It pinged my suspicion radar pretty hard and I've had trouble getting past that.
  • I'm more inclined for Lehki, because he did a lessor of two evils thing by suggesting letting the Traitors win, and he's very suddenly wanting to lynch me.

Yomoigu I just don't know how to handle, he wants me lynched and I am Town so I feel like that's fairly anti-Town in my opinion. Again, I'm biased because I know for certainty who I am and he either knows I am not on his team if he is not Town or doesn't know for certainty because he is Town.

I'm always up for Ushaara, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point.

I think we're close on either Yomoigu and Lehki, vote-wise. Going to think on it, see what feels worse for me and then vote.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Dylara said:
    I'm always up for Ushaara, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point.
    I know the feeling. People don't even bother to respond to me when I bring him up anymore.  :disappointed:
  • Well, I did actively try to kill him. It just didn't take.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Dylara said:
    I'm more inclined for Lehki, because he did a lessor of two evils thing by suggesting letting the Traitors win, 
    Oh, yeah! I forgot to mention that. That was another instance of "uhh, are you being serious right now?" logic that bugged me.
  • @Dylara if Lehki flips scum that'll go a long way towards ending my suspicion of you. Right now though, the idea that you were able to accurately pinpoint Vivet as mafia seems pretty out there.
  • I admit I got lucky with Vivet. I had a hunch, I followed it.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited April 2017
    Note: the day was set to end in 3 hours, but due to delay in my notification of it, the day has been extended an extra 24 hours.

You have 27 hours to reach a decision.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Silvanus said:
    Note: the game was set to end in 3 hours, but due to delay in my notification of it, the game has been extended an extra 24 hours.

You have 27 hours to reach a decision.
    !
    edited April 2017
    I do not know what you are talking about!

Clearly you have some perverted, false memory of events that occured, Xynthin.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I am ok with lynching either Yomo or Lehki and right now it's coming down to 'who will we miss the least presuming we get it wrong?' Yomo has had no success sniffing out the excorable like he said he can do but SURELY we're getting to the point where he has to get it right eventually???

VOTE LEHKI

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    oops just to make sure:

UNVOTE, VOTE LEHKI

• I've slept on it, thought more on it, going to Vote: Lehki again for the reasons stated before and my gut feeling.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Lehki - Yomoigu, Phoebus, Selenity, Lavinya, Dylara (5)<br>Yomoigu - Fyler, Lehki (2)<br><br>5 to lynch

Hey, @Silvanus! We got us a lynch.
  • *ooooOOooo spoooOoooky ghost voice* about time omg hurry up and kill more people *oooooOOOoOOoOooo*
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh, I'm late again.

I don't think Lehki is Illith since he claimed Aslarn so early, but Traitor/convert is always a possibility. Though gut feeling is that the 'Let's share the win with Traitors' post wouldn't have come from a Traitor, and his 'I couldn't have killed him because...' was just like Sylandra ruling herself out of suspect lists earlier.

Always get unsure waiting for the flip. :/ 
  • You dun messed up again folks

Everybody misinterpreted what I was trying to do with that post about traitors, but I still don't regret it. And with Portius' power, I wasn't assuming Illith's power works the same, I was assuming she didn't have an almost identical but objectively better power.

And last thing before I die, 

Phoebus said:
    Well, here's what I'm thinking in regards to voting for you. I think, for one thing, if there is indeed a cult, you've probably been recruited by now. You had a plausible claim made early, which made you a low priority to investigate or target at night, and then you've mostly flown under the radar for the rest of the game, so you'd be a good dude to pick up. The more deaths we see without cultists showing in any of them, the less I think it's actually what we're working with. So, if you die and aren't a cultist, I'll be almost entirely convinced there's not a cult in play at all. That'd be helpful!
    The exact same argument could be made about yourself. You had an even more believable claim than me, almost as early. So I'm little suspect of the suggestion coming from you that me flipping as town is evidence against cults.

I'll see ya'll on the other side.
    Lehki said:

Phoebus said:
    Well, here's what I'm thinking in regards to voting for you. I think, for one thing, if there is indeed a cult, you've probably been recruited by now. You had a plausible claim made early, which made you a low priority to investigate or target at night, and then you've mostly flown under the radar for the rest of the game, so you'd be a good dude to pick up. The more deaths we see without cultists showing in any of them, the less I think it's actually what we're working with. So, if you die and aren't a cultist, I'll be almost entirely convinced there's not a cult in play at all. That'd be helpful!
    The exact same argument could be made about yourself. You had an even more believable claim than me, almost as early. So I'm little suspect of the suggestion coming from you that me flipping as town is evidence against cults.

I'll see ya'll on the other side.
    I know, that's part of my point! I would've expected to be recruited if there was a cult by now. So if I haven't, and you haven't, I'll be absolutely convinced there isn't one.
    And if there isn't a cult, that means I'll be pointing myself right back at Ushaara again, for reasons. While we still have twilight I think I will say those reasons, because it dawns on me at this last minute that if I die tonight (which I don't expect, but better safe than sorry) I won't ever get to say the other elixir theory I've been chewing on.

So something I've been thinking of but have felt hesitant to fully commit to posting about has to do with Ushaara's revival and its relation to the Forbidden Elixir. I know I've suggested it as a possible conversion on death before, but there's something different I've been wondering. After Dylara chopped him up he said "save me", bolded like an activation, while claiming it was a passive power and that he only did that for...fun? People kinda overlooked it. But I don't buy that. He played on people's desire to be "fair" in an attempt to ensure he would be awake when he was possibly killed. He definitely wanted to be there and have a chance to react when it happened, so it probably was actually an activated power.

Which brings me onto the crazier part of my thinking.

What if, this whole time, the Forbidden Elixir has been a revival power the Traitors had, and that's what he activated? As I have mentioned before, the way he was revived was only possible with lots of the elixir being used. What if that was it? What if that was the thing?

Because if the elixir is not a cult recruitment, like I'm feeling it isn't by now going off Lehki's reaction to his lynch, then it has to be something else that would be spoiled if we knew about it. I don't think it's a kill, or we'd be seeing more of them at night. It's gotta be something. And I do find it highly suspicious that he just so happened to be revived through elixir-dependent means. So, perhaps.

It's veering a little bit into crazy theory territory which is why I've been hesitant to suggest it before now, but I'd rather say it and possibly be wrong than keep it to myself and find out if I was right later.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Well it's twilight so don't really want to get into defence mode now, but if I'm still alive in the next day phase we can come back to this.

I will say that you'll see on my flip (whenever that may be) that there was no activation phrase. It is and was as I described, simply called Third Circle and would protect me from an attack.

I could have bolded any phrase I liked. I need not have bolded any phrase at all. I simply did it for dramatic effect and as a quasi-proof that I did indeed have the power I claimed, since at the time, nobody believed that I had an immunity.

So you're thinking I'm way more nefarious than I am with the whole ensuring I'd be awake to respond line of thinking, or that I was somehow playing on people's desire to be "fair".

I simply don't reveal everything the moment any semblance of pressure comes on.

Dylara had yet to decide if she was going to use the daykill on me. Forum mafia (typically) gives you the luxury of time to respond and other daykill/lynch options may have presented themselves, so I wasn't going to reveal my immunity unnecessarily. When more people added their support to the daykill option, I revealed my immunity.

As for the second part regarding the Forbidden Elixir being a revive, why would Vivet not have used it to save herself?

Summary: You don't trust me? Fine, that's the game. But from my POV your theory doesn't add up.
    I usually don't like to assume that people do things for no reason. It gets too easy for people to get away with things if you just give everyone a pass on everything weird. Also, Vivet was killed at night, why would she have been able to use a daytime activated revive on herself in that situation?

The Third Circle doesn't know how to mush people back together after they've been chopped into bits. Malmydia could barely do it for Thax, and they had to use a ton of elixir and feed him another god's essence to have it even sort of work. 

At this point I do feel that the elixir power is something besides what we've been assuming. This was just one idea on what else it could possibly be.

Also, if we're not dealing with a cult, then I'm going to assume Traitors started with two people (with the additional assumption that they could have gained Drocilla as a member somehow throughout the course of the game, going by her role flip. The elixir may have had something to do with her as well instead, but I can't really think of anything good for that angle), and that plus two Soulless would be four or five scum, which is a decent number for a 20-person game. Which still makes me suspicious of you and your canon traitor claim.
    Lehki was Aslarn the Quick

All I wished to do was run away, back to the jungles of Jojoba, to play with the great cats and help teach Little Sun what it was like to be awakened. But none of the other Firsts were in any shape to lead, and the Second Circle was preparing to rush off without plan or reason. Would I ever see beloved Jojoba again? I gritted my teeth against despair and roared.

Eyes turned to me, the Second Circle standing at attention. The other circles gathered around, looking beseechingly at me, hungry to know what to do. And so I did what I had to do, what duty demanded of me.

I prepared the gods for war.

Elders: You win with the town when all Soulless are defeated.

First Circle(GOVERNOR): Your vote as a member of the First Circle carries more weight. A one time use only, you can prevent any lynch from happening during twilight hours through PM.

Apologies, not going to be at a computer this weekend. It is now night.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Well it seems appropriate that the next day will begin on the new forums, it'll make things easier.
    Lolly's Memoirs:

So here I am, 20 years later, retired aether correspondent, writing these memoirs from my little farm in Estelbar, a very small furrikin of no importance, grey furred and literally long of tooth. Thus, I watched as Serenwilde Forest withdrew into itself, and the Tainted City of Magnagora rise to prominence to subjugate those of us in the south. Though I never saw it, I know the survivors of the Empire gathered on the far side of the Inner Sea and formed a nexus of power, another Pool of Stars. They tell me that New Celest will be even greater and grander than that of old and the Light will return to lead us into a new age. Perhaps it will be so, but I think I will not live to see it. Estelbar has its own small problems, raided by those grunelleons that were mutated by the Taint, those nasty creatures we've come to call 'grunts'.

Dylara was Orlachmar the Strong

"Listen to Meridian!" Orlachmar shouted, then breathed deeply to gain some measure of control over himself. "Forgive me, Fain, but you cannot do this. You cannot continue on this path. I am not what I was. I do not know what I am! I know what you did was for our salvation, but trust me, Fain, this is not the answer. Do not do this! I beg of you and all that Dynara held for us, do not make any other become like me. It is not just hatred and despair that consumes me! It is hunger! Hunger for destruction! Why have I not wanted to be around others? I will tell you why! I want to kill you all! I want to tear each of you limb from limb! And I do not know how to stop this wanting!"

With his fists clenched, Orlachmar's voice broke. Indeed, he looked ready to begin tearing into all of us. But Fain strode down to stand before Orlachmar and placed a hand on Orlachmar's trembling shoulders. There was such compassion in Fain's eyes that Orlachmar eventually calmed down and seemed to deflate, unclenching his fists and bowing his head.

Elders: You win with the town when all Soulless are defeated.

Elixir (VIGILANTE): It is unfortunate that you were brought back to life due to the Elixir and have your Soul being slowly consumed, but you are still Orlachmar the Strong! And you will do your duty as you always have until death. You may kill one person during the day by BRUTALIZING (target) while also being able to kill only one person at night one time.

Note: Personal thank you to Dylara for being a good sport. I made a huge mistake and she covered for me. Thank you again.

It is now Day 8!

With Six alive, it takes 4 to lynch!