General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I prefer to see it as building momentum for this month. You spent the effort to get people to start using the stage, now you need to spend less effort to get them to keep​ doing it.
  • Meh, I don't care now. Just got the call I've been dreading for months. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My rant: I may end up breaking up with my Pathfinder group. They're fun friends, but jumping Jehoshaphat we can NOT set a tone and sick to it, and it's really really hard to keep us focused on the game and working together.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wasted only if there was no intended or accidental benefit to your stage work apart from the bump in activity score. If you or anyone else got and enjoyment from it, or learned anything, then it wasn't wasted. Also no one is going to notice or miss the tiny boost in extra power you get from theatre scores. Don't sweat it
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Luce said:
    My rant: I may end up breaking up with my Pathfinder group. They're fun friends, but jumping Jehoshaphat we can NOT set a tone and sick to it, and it's really really hard to keep us focused on the game and working together.
    Ah, Pathfinder... I made a character to play Pathfinder with a group. Two RP-heavy by-the-book D&D players were going to run it after I had DM'd a dungeon they participated in and was a bit of a silly DM. Said they would teach me and the others what a real tabletop game was, and what a good DM would do.

After three months they couldn't agree on what the theme of the first dungeon should be.

Never got to try Pathfinder as a result. :frowning:

• Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. :(
    Tired of swimming.
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited March 2017
    I have an upper respiratory infection that keeps coming back. This time, the doctor prescribed me a stronger antibiotic.

Side effects include possible tendonitis, kidney damage, sensitivity to sunlight and increased chance of sun burns, feelings that people can read my thoughts and/or control my actions with their minds, hallucinations, and apparently the possibility that my ligaments and joints may decide to pull apart like taffy if strained heavily.

That's only half the side effects.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.drugs.com/amp/sfx/levofloxacin-side-effects.html
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited March 2017
    In other news, I might get fired over PAPER. Namely, not stopping profs from using paper.

Edit: Oof Shadd that's rough... last time I was on that stuff I had to eat every binding food I could get my hand on, and I still ended up emptying my system. Feel better dude.
  • Shaddus said:
    I have an upper respiratory infection that keeps coming back. This time, the doctor prescribed me a stronger antibiotic.

Side effects include possible tendonitis, kidney damage, sensitivity to sunlight and increased chance of sun burns, feelings that people can read my thoughts and/or control my actions with their minds, hallucinations, and apparently the possibility that my ligaments and joints may decide to pull apart like taffy if strained heavily.

That's only half the side effects.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.drugs.com/amp/sfx/levofloxacin-side-effects.html
    And you didn't even add the most common annoying one, diarrhea! Or the part where the list of minor common side effects are basically pregnancy minus the living thing sucking out your nutrients. *hug* I hope you get done with it real soon and that it works.
  • edited March 2017
    So, apparently I've got iron-deficiency anemia, and chelated iron syrup even when infused with berry juice and vanilla still tastes vile. I'm pretending it's some fancy Klingon bloodwine cocktail to deal with it, but only just.  :s

@Shaddus Eep. Unfortunately when it comes to upper respiratory stuff, I've been over prescribed antibiotics like zpacks, so doctors now just have to resort to the newest most experimental thing or corticosteroids. Maybe get checked for walking-pneumonia? I've had it misdiagnosed as a regular infection before. Feel better!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • My question is: How does everyone in IRE games seem to get sick all the time? The worst I ever get is like... A mild cold  :#

Rave to all you people for getting sick for me, so I don't have to <3
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2017
    Reylari said:
    My question is: How does everyone in IRE games seem to get sick all the time? The worst I ever get is like... A mild cold  :#

Because those who don't get sick often generally don't say things like "I'm feeling great today!"  Would be kind of rude to those who aren't feeling so well, imo.

But if you are not feeling well some commiseration / support can help.
  • Reylari said:
    My question is: How does everyone in IRE games seem to get sick all the time? The worst I ever get is like... A mild cold  :#

I think it factors in that there is also those who play MUDs because they are chronically sick and pretty much have to stay in the house/bed at all times.
    edited March 2017
    Tirah said:
    Reylari said:

I think it factors in that there is also those who play MUDs because they are chronically sick and pretty much have to stay in the house/bed at all times.
    And also those of us who are chronically sick and should be staying the house all the time but their government says "Nah you're good enough."
  • So my stomach decided to act funny. I've been looking as if I was five months pregnant for a week now and I can't eat anything without bloating more. Sometimes it gets so bad that my ribs hurt beause of all the air behind them. I tried eating almost no carbs since I read that the body might temporarily become unable to process them which might explain the bloating...but to no avail. On top of that, I'm feeling light-headed all the time and have basically no appetite at all. I also might be losing weight. And I also can't try to get a doctor's appointment because I have no time for that.

Why body...why? Can't you just keep yourself together for 10 more days? I don't care what happens after the deadline but I have to make it. And I would prefer to do so in a condition that is suitable for working.

Maybe, I'm also just imagining things (well, not the bloating) and it's probably all stress related.
  • Generally speaking, I maintain pretty good health despite working in retail and having a child in the house, but I've been miserable since I got pregnant (similar to what happened with my first child, but worse this time!) and that translates to me lying around in bed when I'm not working. And lying around in bed means playing on my phone or my laptop, which means Facebook or Lusternia, depending on how interesting things are on each.

This current pregnancy, the lying around is compounded by the fact that I had surgery in a delicate location and cannot even sit comfortably a lot of the time - it's mostly healed now, but it was torture to even lie down or roll over in bed for months. Now I'm just almost eight months pregnant and there are no longer any comfortable positions lying, sitting or standing. If I'm lying down, the watermelon attached to my front is pressing on a particular artery and generally just making it hard to breathe. If I'm sitting, sciatica. If I'm standing, well, it only lasts so long before I start having Braxton Hicks constantly. 

I wouldn't even say it's so much as people being sick all the time. It's just that stuff happens and misery loves company. You might even be surprised at the amount of people you know outside of IRE who have health issues for whatever reasons and just don't talk about it because you -are- fairly healthy.
    Tamsin said:
    Generally speaking, I maintain pretty good health despite working in retail and having a child in the house, but I've been miserable since I got pregnant (similar to what happened with my first child, but worse this time!) and that translates to me lying around in bed when I'm not working. And lying around in bed means playing on my phone or my laptop, which means Facebook or Lusternia, depending on how interesting things are on each.

This current pregnancy, the lying around is compounded by the fact that I had surgery in a delicate location and cannot even sit comfortably a lot of the time - it's mostly healed now, but it was torture to even lie down or roll over in bed for months. Now I'm just almost eight months pregnant and there are no longer any comfortable positions lying, sitting or standing. If I'm lying down, the watermelon attached to my front is pressing on a particular artery and generally just making it hard to breathe. If I'm sitting, sciatica. If I'm standing, well, it only lasts so long before I start having Braxton Hicks constantly. 

I wouldn't even say it's so much as people being sick all the time. It's just that stuff happens and misery loves company. You might even be surprised at the amount of people you know outside of IRE who have health issues for whatever reasons and just don't talk about it because you -are- fairly healthy.
    All the hugs, Tamsin. I hope you find some form of physical comfort before the baby is born.
  • Selenity said:
    Tamsin said:
    Generally speaking, I maintain pretty good health despite working in retail and having a child in the house, but I've been miserable since I got pregnant (similar to what happened with my first child, but worse this time!) and that translates to me lying around in bed when I'm not working. And lying around in bed means playing on my phone or my laptop, which means Facebook or Lusternia, depending on how interesting things are on each.

All the hugs, Tamsin. I hope you find some form of physical comfort before the baby is born.
    Hee, thanks! Mostly I was just trying to make a point on the illness topic.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited March 2017
    My old, old, old apartment complex sent the apartment to collections, but neglected to remove my name from it in spite of the fact that I released liability when I moved out, which was almost four or five years ago. Now I'm getting calls at work, but can't contact the complex itself because of timezone differences. 
  • I really, really hate when people say deliberately unpleasant things after I've already made it clear that I'm having a hard time separating after days of frustration. It makes me angry cry, and nobody wants to see the fat pregnant lady angry crying and keyboard mashing.
  • Ouch...as a linguist (and Ancient Greek fan), that ignorance of etymology hurts. Why do people like that study something language-related when they are not willing to do research before they want to change something linguistically sound? I mean, I get it too and I'm a feminist as well but in that case it really has nothing to do with patriarchy. That woman really needs an Ancient Greek dictionary...
  • Everiine said:
    People are also stupid. Really, really stupid.
    where i live that type of stupid is in power :(
  • Selenity said:
    A woman at the college I work at was trying to get me to sign a petition to change the History department to the Herstory department.

I'm a feminist. I get it. Really. I do.

But lady, you said you're majoring in our English-related program. You should know the etymology for "history" comes from the Greek "historia," and has nothing to do with the pronouns "his" and "her," both of which are of Germanic origin. And I did not enjoy her calling me sexist for not wanting to sign the petition, and her saying that my brain has been clouded by "patriarchal malarkey" after I explained to her very calmly the etymological reason I would not be signing the petition.

Then she said I wasn't really a woman if I wouldn't sign the petition and walked away.

I'm transfluid / bigender (I'm still not settled on a term wholly) and let me just say, telling me I'm not really a man or a woman really, really bothers me. I spent about 20 minutes in the bathroom in tears before coming upstairs to write that little post on IG raves to try to blow it off, but it's still bothering me.

People suck. People suck so hard...
    That woman watches too much Drag Race. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us