Just curious to know

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I WILL ROLEPLAY THE LIFE OUT OF EVERYONE. I WILL BE THE VERY BEST. /dream
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lavinya said:

Lovers of drama are hungry too. This is pretty delicious. (Though I've had better.)

You've had me, of course you've had better ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Can I request an adorable puppy?

Mysrai strokes the decapitated head of Persayis tenderly.

---------------------------------------------------

Mysrai Thrice-Crowned intones, "DZA NA III."

You say, "Dzaa."

You nod your head emphatically.

Mysrai nods solemnly.

Mysrai gives you a peck on the cheek.

Reality solidifies, mending itself into a single paradigm as Mysrai departs.

• Shaddus said:
    I don't think "95% of the player base" is an elite club. I don't think "we people who think newbies should learn and grow to enjoy the game just as much as we do" is an elite club, and I sure don't think "people who think Lusternia deserves to be without long-term trolls who run people off" is an elite club. You keep using that phrase, elite club. I don't think it means what you think it means.

You keep assuming that I am calling you an 'elite club'.  Why are you under the impression that statement was directed at you?  Why do you feel the need to defend yourself?

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    God(s) dammit, you're doing it wrong, you clearly didn't read my previous post.
    Persayis said:

I'm coming to mag and my character is going to be sooooo annoying, just you wait.

Let's make characters together. I'm going to be a furrikin shaped like a sewer rat who follows Gorgulu and belches at people's faces to greet them. That's just my rp, and people should get along with me and not be annoyed.

But if you take it personally, you must have read it in the forums and are now metagaming.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Zouviqil said:
    I have realized we are all smacking an obnoxious-odored boulder in an attempt to break it and carry it away, only to get its foul odor on ourselves.

I have better things to do with my time. My points were argued well and I have even included a citation in my first one.

This thread has well past run its course. If you see more posts from me after this on this thread, they will be bunnies.

Deuces.

That is why you ultimately feel unsatisfied, because your objective is to argue, rather than discuss authentic solutions.  Instead, you ride on the coattails of an absurd argument that enables players to essentially run the game via their OOC grudges.

How petty and narrow minded.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Persayis said:
    I'm coming to mag and my character is going to be sooooo annoying, just you wait.
    I am always in need of cruficixion 'volunteers' at the Megalith. Go right ahead.

• Love that turtle

You say, "Dzaa."

Mysrai nods solemnly.

edited March 2014
    Tetra said:

Shaddus said:

I don't think "95% of the player base" is an elite club. I don't think "we people who think newbies should learn and grow to enjoy the game just as much as we do" is an elite club, and I sure don't think "people who think Lusternia deserves to be without long-term trolls who run people off" is an elite club.

You keep using that phrase, elite club. I don't think it means what you think it means.

You keep assuming that I am calling you an 'elite club'.  Why are you under the impression that statement was directed at you?  Why do you feel the need to defend yourself?

I'm not defending myself, nor do I feel as though your comments are directed at me. In fact, until this response I was actually worried you had blocked me, because you hadn't responded to any of my posts in a long while.

I'm actually well past the "give a damn" part of this faux-argument and into the "....he's really still defending makodi's right to not only announce his intention to be annoying in an ooc format but to do it, but has an issue with another player announcing his intentions to counter-troll Makodi in-character." part of the argument. It amazes and astounds me.

If you really care about this enough to argue about it for so long, feel free to take makodi under your proverbial wing in celest and make sure he sticks around. Because unless I'm mistaken, the only org he hasn't been tossed out of or made to feel unwelcome in due to his personality is Glomdoring, and I don't see him doing so well there. Jus' sayin'.
  • Narrow mindedness is the quality of being unwilling to accept opinions that are unusual or different from your own. Petty designates something trivial.  You have already implied there are better things to do with your time, I am agreeing.  Those are not insults, they are attitudes that have been laced throughout the conversation.

I have agreed on various points that you made, even extrapolating further on some of them, but instead you rest on the laurels of posting a citation and how well you argued?

If you feel that the kind of behaviour outlined by Xenthos and Celina is considered good for the game, by all means, continue to stand by it.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    (Un)fortunately, you can't block people on these forums.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Lavinya said:

Persayis said:

I am always in need of cruficixion 'volunteers' at the Megalith. Go right ahead.

Yay! It'll be my goal to see how many orgs I can tick off. (Seriously who the hell has the time for this kind of commitment?)

You say, "Dzaa."

Mysrai nods solemnly.

• Shaddus said:
    Shaddus said:
    I don't think "95% of the player base" is an elite club. I don't think "we people who think newbies should learn and grow to enjoy the game just as much as we do" is an elite club, and I sure don't think "people who think Lusternia deserves to be without long-term trolls who run people off" is an elite club. You keep using that phrase, elite club. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I'm not defending myself, nor do I feel as though your comments are directed at me. In fact, until this response I was actually worried you had blocked me, because you hadn't responded to any of my posts in a long while. I'm actually well past the "give a damn" part of this faux-argument and into the "....he's really still defending makodi's right to not only announce his intention to be annoying in an ooc format but to do it, but has an issue with another player announcing his intentions to counter-troll Makodi in-character." part of the argument. It amazes and astounds me. If you really care about this enough to argue about it for so long, feel free to take makodi under your proverbial wing in celest and make sure he sticks around. Because unless I'm mistaken, the only org he hasn't been tossed out of or made to feel unwelcome in due to his personality is Glomdoring, and I don't see him doing so well there. Jus' sayin'.

Hold on.  Stop there.

I do not have a problem with Makodi being annoying, or announcing it in the forum, or whatever else you may think I am saying.

I have a problem with city/commune leaders barring entrance to other players because of their OOC grudges.

If you are purposefully being an accessory to metagaming, then you are not qualified to be in your position.  That is my opinion.  You do not have to agree with it. Frankly, I don't care if you do.

As soon as I get off work, I'm saving that snail gif.
  • I'm glad everything is broken down by definition so we can understand. Gods help us if we need to get out a dictionary to figure out these posts.

You say, "Dzaa."

Mysrai nods solemnly.

Tetra said:

Shaddus said:

Tetra said:

Shaddus said:

I don't think "95% of the player base" is an elite club. I don't think "we people who think newbies should learn and grow to enjoy the game just as much as we do" is an elite club, and I sure don't think "people who think Lusternia deserves to be without long-term trolls who run people off" is an elite club.

You keep using that phrase, elite club. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I'm not defending myself, nor do I feel as though your comments are directed at me. In fact, until this response I was actually worried you had blocked me, because you hadn't responded to any of my posts in a long while.

I'm actually well past the "give a damn" part of this faux-argument and into the "....he's really still defending makodi's right to not only announce his intention to be annoying in an ooc format but to do it, but has an issue with another player announcing his intentions to counter-troll Makodi in-character." part of the argument. It amazes and astounds me.

If you really care about this enough to argue about it for so long, feel free to take makodi under your proverbial wing in celest and make sure he sticks around. Because unless I'm mistaken, the only org he hasn't been tossed out of or made to feel unwelcome in due to his personality is Glomdoring, and I don't see him doing so well there. Jus' sayin'.

Hold on.  Stop there.

I do not have a problem with Makodi being annoying, or announcing it in the forum, or whatever else you may think I am saying.

I have a problem with city/commune leaders barring entrance to other players because of their OOC grudges.

If you are purposefully being an accessory to metagaming, then you are not qualified to be in your position.  That is my opinion.  You do not have to agree with it. Frankly, I don't care if you do.

Seems legit. My Celestian isn't even in makodi's guild, nor is he a guild leader. Do I have your permission to care about Celest's well being and think badly of an intentionally annoying character, or do I need to submit some sort of application?
This discussion has been closed.