Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• Shaddus said:
     the sort of uncle that brings you cookies when you're locked into your bedroom without dinner. 
    This hypothetical situation baffles me.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Majanishi has seen Zyphora around a few times and has admired her attitude and thinks she's pretty attractive. It's only recently though that Hallifax and Serenwilde have opened up to each other, so Majanishi hasn't really had much chance to introduce himself. Hopefully the future will allow them to become friends.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ciaran said:

Shaddus said:
     the sort of uncle that brings you cookies when you're locked into your bedroom without dinner. 

Oh, you know. It's been a long day, and the kid blew the cat into a nearby Matrix, or uprooted the herb garden with his antics, and gets sent to bed without dinner.

Ciaran is the sort of uncle to sneak in a desert to the kid.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Shaddus said:
    Shaddus said:
    Oh, you know. It's been a long day, and the kid blew the cat into a nearby Matrix, or uprooted the herb garden with his antics, and gets sent to bed without dinner. Ciaran is the sort of uncle to sneak in a desert to the kid.
    "Here, have the Skarch, sonny - you deserve it, you little mischief-maker."

I'm on my phone and it autocorrected me :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I'm also piggybacking off of Isune liking your post.

Isune is sort of grandiose and almost scary to Entrias. Not in a bad way, just a general "these people could kill me and they make me nervous" sort of way. Entrias has never really liked showy, flashy things, as he's sort of a blue-collar worker type. Joining her order (thanks to @Zyphora ) might bring him out of his shell when it comes to divine, especially if Isune ever comes out with a temple to decorate.

She seems amazingly protective and loving of Zyphora, and that gives Isune bonus points in Entrias' book.
    edited March 2013
    As for Zyphora, she never ceases to amaze Entrias. She's cool under pressure and bears an enormous workload of responsibility. One of the things that drew him to her was her constant hard work on behalf of her order and guild, and she so rarely took time for herself. He actually had to bite his lip and summon up the courage to invite her over for tea and cake, and they had a magical evening of talking.

He noticed her beauty right off, but knew she was way out of his league. Still, he would find little reasons to try and help her out, even gifting her with an especially beautiful necklace he once found in a shop, simply because.... Well, she deserved to be pampered.

When he finally found enough courage to ask if he might court her, he had pretty much every finger crossed that she wouldn't slap him and stalk away. Luckily, she found him pleasing enough to agree, and it went on from there.

Now? They share a cozy home, and he constantly tries to find ways to show her he cares. Little trinkets, the occasional foot massage, even pulling her away from the crowds of people demanding her attention, just so she can get a breather.
  • [ So this thread is a new concept to me, but neat! ]

Going for the ones Sulaei has met... sort of

Morbo drives Sulaei crazy, or did. Every time she'd attempt to do the quest with the rocs he'd sweep through and kill all of them. He wasn't ever rude to her directly when he did it, but it infuriated her beyond belief. She'd be standing there, trying to kill something (which took forever because Illuminati bashing wasn't exactly great) and he'd walk in, kill something in like one hit or that's what it seemed like, appear to have an 'oops I didn't see you here' moment (which may have actually been the case I suppose?) and would quickly kill everything else. Eventually she gave up even trying to do that quest but even seeing him in passing would trigger her irritation after that happened a couple times. :P

Morkarion really impressed Sulaei. She doesn't really "know" him, but after he had a mindless bout the two of them had a brief moment of interaction. He was very polite, which is something she didn't at all expect. She put a lot of weight on other people's opinions about people from Glomdoring when she was first out of the portal, and to have him be so sincerely grateful to her for this particular instance kind of tweaked her head and planted the seed that has lead to her pursuing Glomdoring. Kind of an interesting roundabout turn of events, but I love it!

Sadly Sulaei doesn't really know most anyone else who's said anything here yet!
  • I have always been very nervous about posting in this thread, because I never know what people will say about my character. I have been encouraged to post though, so here it is:

The last person who posted in this thread, whom I actually know in game, was Maellio. Iorwen thinks very highly of Maellio, but their relationship has changed significantly over the years. At first Iorwen only spoke to Maellio because he was intellectually engaging and shared many of her interests. He was the only family member, at the time, who openly shared her love of academia and she felt truly understood her. In time though, as her personality softened, she grew quite fond of him. She often goes to Maellio for advice and enjoys his company, though she has not had much time to spend with him of late. She still makes it a point to send him sweet foods and the occasional bottle of wine, in an attempt to brighten his day.

Maellio is the only member of her family, outside of the Shee-Slaugh, whom she has a close relationship with or actually talks to on a regular basis.

• I was going to come back to this, but Kio actually knows Iorwen, so here goes!

Kio considers every single person in the Glomdoring his friend.  From Nihta, even when she openly called him a clown at the Master Ravenwood, to Aurik, who would probably off Kio the second he knew he could get away with it.  He still runs around thinking everyone is perfect and would never say or do anything mean to him ever, because they're all his friends.

Iorwen is one of the few different ones.  In a heartbeat, Kio would drop anything he's doing to run to her aid, pick her up, and gladly be stabbed repeatedly in the back as she gets away to safety.  She was the first person to speak with Kio when he woke up from dormancy, and since then he's already held her close to him.  With the recent Order stuff and Kio's developing friendship with Morkarion, his love for Iorwen has only grown tenfold.  Now, he would not only rush to her side at moment just because she is his friend, but because she is the wife of his Huntsmaster, his Forge-born, and his other closest friend (excluding Thul).

When Kio got the tell from Iorwen that said only, "I need you," he felt true panic the likes of which he has never known.  He was actually quite relieved to hear that it was because Shikari's realm was being raided, as he thought maybe something had happened to her personally.  He'll always blush when she gives him a kiss on the cheek, and he'll always guard her like she's his own.
  • There's one thing that Kio got absolutely wrong, in there.

Aurik wouldn't kill Kio just because he can get away with it.

Aurik loathes Kio. In his mind, Kio is an idiot. Oh, sure, he's read up on the Spirits, and researches old lore, but to Aurik's mind, that's recitation and memory. Kio doesn't seem to grasp social nuances, even when they're outright pointed out to him, doesn't seem to be able to understand people in general, and Aurik questions whether Kio actually comprehends basic tactics - particularly given a recent event where he was thrown away from his traps and into a vulnerable position.

Aurik would merrily commit character assassination, defamation, and discredit Kio's every syllable spoken or written, if he could get away with it.

He would not kill him unless Kio betrayed the Wyrd. Because for all Aurik loathes him, Kio's still part of the Wyrd, and part of the Pack to boot.

Even without the questions of loyalty (which Aurik has in droves) or Glomdoring's benefit vs Aurik's own (which Aurik won't consider - everything he does, he views as being to further the Wyrd in some way) - if Aurik stabs another member of the Pack in the back, he knows full well every other packmate's blades and spells will be aiming for his spine in mere moments.

This is what he'd probably tell someone who asked, which likely would give off the wrong impression.
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    Kio really does lack the ability to pick up on social nuances. He also thinks himself to be rather intelligent, and is at a total loss when people treat him like he's stupid. He often times just smiles and lets them because he doesn't exactly understand what's going on.

However, Kio is learning that not everyone is book-smart. He thinks Aurik just doesn't care about such things an often wonders if its because he can't. However, he doesn't view that as a flaw in Aurik. It's merely an obstacle that Kio has to learn to get over, as the Keeper of the Blackened Bones should be able to teach his brothers and sisters no matter the means they require.

Kio honestly fears for Aurik. He's terrified that Aurik lacks the understanding he needs to become a Warden. He's terrified because he thinks of Aurik as a friend and wants to see him succeed. But, he also knows that it's his job to teach him.

Kio has something in the works for Aurik. He has plans to use something that once caused him much pain as a tool to make sure Aurik is ready to pass his current advancement task. He thinks this will work much better, because he understands now that some people need to be tested in different ways. Part of him is a a bit reserved about doing this, and that's why it's takin so long. He knows that if he messes this up, he might hurt himself, or worse, Aurik.

As a player, I'm really excited for the upping events! Like I told you, though, I'll make sure you get an OOC heads up about it so it doesn't blindside you. Real life has been getting in the way lately, I'm afraid :(
  • Alright, here goes..

Aislynn has always had an astounding respect for Celina in terms of combat abilities as well as her frankness. These are traits that Aislynn fears she will never posses.

As for Astraea, Aislynn's loyalty would never falter. She is the person Aislynn strives to be like every day even though she feels she fails miserably at it. She feels abandoned and left without guidance but would still cast everything aside if Astraea were to come back and ask her to.

Lastly, even though they have never really interacted much, Aislynn has always viewed Iorwen as someone to be admired and emulated. Their very few (and very brief) conversations always left Aislynn impressed.

• During the brief time that Marcella was enemied to Shikari, one day she was walking through the ruins of Shallach WHEN SUDDENLY a babby Aislynn popped up in front of her and challenged her to a fight because of it. This utterly flabbergasted her because Aislynn was like, negative ten percent of her might at the time. Although warned off quite a few times, eventually Aislynn managed to get Marcella to murder her for little to no reason beyond "she was literally asking for it." Although assuming that was something for order advancement, Marcella actually did come out of that with some respect for someone willing to get their head cut off for their ambition. 

How gutsy.
  • Thul's experience with Marcella has generally been limited to domoths, in which she's been a competent ally or at least helpful in making the long, painful waiting game a bit more tolerable. That, being an orclach, and related to Morkarion grants her a greater degree of standing in Thul's eyes than most of Magnagora.

Of course, she'd have even greater standing if she'd just swear off the undead thing, Urlach be damned.
  • edited June 2013
    Despite his distaste for undeath, Thul is a pleasant fellow to associate with. He enjoys questing, strolls in the park, and bearhugging people.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lavinya loves to poke and prod at Ixion to see what will happen, taking particular delight in their habit of verbal sparring. When she was a tiny little viscanti lass, she was very intimidated by the big scary looking guy, and presumed he was little more than an emotionless jerk. Having gotten to know him better as she rose within the DisOrder, she's learned he's not -only- a jerk, but figures he enjoys his reputation too much to bother showing people otherwise. She quite likes and respects the grumpy old guy, though she will never admit that in polite company. That would mean he wins.

• edited June 2013
    Oh how you love to tease me. Enjoyable, usually.

Lavinya appears on the surface to be a high society sort of classy lady. Then again one could view her as a prissy lady who also enjoys interacting with people. She spends her time drooling over fancy things in Morgfyre's temple and worshiping the nuances of DisOrder life as she hopes for even more fancy things to play with. Snarky, crude, and rude at times, but playful; though, she's not unapproachable and you would probably be surprised how helpful and kind she can be.

Edit: I have one for Kio too. I don't speak or see him much at all, but at first glance he seems like a generally jaunty and friendly character with some measure of ambition about himself, whose origin is unknown.
  • Malarious still thinks of Ixion as a blood brother, being someone he knows is competent, capable, and he can work with.

Technically Ixion is father in law!  And Mal can completely see himself as being descended from Ix.  Malarious considers himself the Ixion of monks, scary, generally able to make anything work, and knows wtf he is doing.

When Mal was just a lil novice he looked to people like Ixion and Daevos as the sources of fierce dedication and fearless fighting.
  • Kio thinks Malarious is one of the most interesting people in the Glomdoring.  He find it very strange how his entire attitude changes on the whims of the wind and has suspicions as to why this might be.  However, he also finds himself looking up to him, hoping to one day be as good a combatant.  If there's ever a time when Kio feels proud, it's when Malarious give him an off-the-cuff compliment about his fighting.  The only person who could make Kio feel prouder would be Morkarion.

Malarious happens to be one of the people that Kio hopes to one day study in far more detail.
  • Svorai's opinion of Kio has transformed from fierce distrust and caution to something akin to pride in the last few years.

His time in the Blacktalon, and particularly as a Wyrdenwood, unsettled Svorai. It bothered her, and still does to this day, that there are trees within her guild, borne from a time that shouldn't have been, and that isn't. Kio was one of the first Wyrdenwood, and was so... so alien (I cannot praise Kio's roleplay enough during this time!) that Svorai couldn't stand him. Everything he said and did was a harsh reminder that one day she'll have to understand why and how Lasher came to be. She was pleased to see Kio shed that form, even if it meant that he left the Murder.

As a member of the Ebonguard, though, seemingly free of all the influence of the Wyrdenwood body, Kio has become someone that Svorai can only be proud of. His manner has completely changed from the melancholy to the very cheerful, and she sees his optimistic outlook to be something that has unlocked his potential. All he has done in recent times has led her to hold high hopes and expectations for Kio's future.
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013
    Kio has a hard time speaking with Svorai.  In his mind, the Dark Seneschal is someone who should be treated with the highest respect possible at all times.  However, Svorai always, and probably will always have to, asks Kio not to call her "Miss Svorai."  It feels very, very strange to simply address her by her name.  He also can't quite tell is she's a nice person or a stern ruler, but the mystery that surrounds her is part of her charm.

Outside of this, Kio looks upon Svorai as someone of influence, but not merely because of her position.  She is strong, both on the battlefield and of mind.  He thinks she will always be the Seneschal, because in his eyes there are none that could possibly dislike her in the position.  No one is that stupid.

When the incident with Rathan happened and Svorai thanked him personally, he was so proud that he was afraid he would break his face from smiling so hard.  He wants to prove to her that he's capable in the same ways she is, even though he doesn't think they could ever be close.  She just feels so above him that, much like when in the presence of Shikari, he completely shuts down as he tries to sort through the mixture of emotions that swell in his belly.

(Also, if Svorai ever wanted to talk to Kio about his time as a Wyrdenwood, it would definitely be a welcome, uncomfortable experience for both of them.)
  • Tetra has never met Kio, but he may have noticed him canoodling with Rika in a manse...

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• 0.o

Kio does't canoodle, and also has never met Rika?
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Kio said:
    0.o

Kio does't canoodle, and also has never met Rika?
    Zouviqil thinks Kio is a very confusing, but sweet, tae'dae (or tae'dae bear as she calls the tae'dae she's fond of) who happens to be from the Southern Forest. She thinks that so long as she is unenemied to the orgs related to the Southern Forest and the Southern Forest itself, he will not harm her.

She thinks Kio is like her - a young heart stuck in the unfortunate body of an adult. Zouviqil would never say anything bad about Kio, and thinks she understands the way he works, although this likely isn't the case.

Kio is one of the few people she likes using Hammy (her dingbat piglet) to initiate conversation with, at this point in time. Even though she doesn't interact with him often, she considers him a good friend.
  • Tridemon thinks Zouqivil is just about the most adorable Elfen ever! He doesn't know what sort of education she's getting in the Serenwilde, and is determined to see that she learns about everything the commune isn't likely to have taught her yet. There will be discussions on the origins of the planes, eventually! Which is one of the reasons he's seeking to be unenemied to the Serenwilde.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Tridemon said:
    Tridemon thinks Zouqivil is just about the most adorable Elfen ever! He doesn't know what sort of education she's getting in the Serenwilde, and is determined to see that she learns about everything the commune isn't likely to have taught her yet. There will be discussions on the origins of the planes, eventually! Which is one of the reasons he's seeking to be unenemied to the Serenwilde.
    Zouviqil doesn't view Tridemon to be cute, but he holds a special (if awkward) place for her. She feels he's one of the most caring people she knows, and is attempting to cope with the fact he seems to fall out of the range of being like a father, or a brother, or a friend, but she knows he's not an enemy. This likely has to do with Zouviqil's slow development in terms of relationships, and the fact she feels that if you're not related to her, you must be a friend, an enemy, or a stranger. However, Tridemon is not related to her, and is not an enemy or a stranger, and is something more than a friend.

Because of this, Zouviqil doesn't always actively seek out Tridemon, as she's uncomfortable with people who don't fit into one of those neat categories. Despite this, she easily forgets this and thoroughly enjoys being with him, and the amount of care he places in teaching her and helping her.
  • On one hand, Aerdiya is cautious about the 'moon-people', as she calls the Serenwilders, but on the other hand also very curious since she loves learning about other cultures.

When Zouviqil gave her a cake, she was very confused at first and didn't know how to react since she has never met somebody from Serenwilde before. But because she believes that every kindness should be met with one in return, Aerdiya sent her a diary as a thank you present. Though she still fears that her father will find out and scold her.
  • Marcella was having an extremely bad day when she caught Zouviqil hunting in the Shallach ruins. She was so relieved that, no, this elfen wasn't here to murder her orclach brothers, that she ended up basically pre-emptively bribing her to make sure she never did. Now she's quite annoyed that she seems to have attracted some kind of elfen scum hanger-on, but doesn't quite know how to put her down hard enough to get her to stop attempting to pay her back.    

And Marcella doesn't even eat. Whenever she's given food she throws it away or puts it in the nexus. Carrying around sweets is just a waste of encumberance. Grrr.
    edited July 2013
    Aerdiya
    Zouviqil doesn't know much about Aerdiya, aside from the fact she was someone from the Southern Forest who wasn't in the forest and therefore deserving of cake. Therefore, cake. Also, that she is Morkarion's child. It was one of the first times Zouviqil got a gift for giving a gift, and she holds Aerdiya with high regard.

As such, Zouviqil feels Aerdiya and she - were the Basin a different place to live - would probably be pretty good friends, and even likes to hide away in the tree house in the Wilde and imagine what it would be like to have Aerdiya there to play and gossip with her. As such, if she ever should bump into Aerdiya again, there will likely be more cake.

Marcella

Zouviqil thinks that Marcella is nice, but that only nice insofar as she wants to be. She feels like Marcella has the potential to be a very good person if she could get herself away from the taint, though she'd never say that. Zouviqil, however, has hang ups about owing people anything, and she doesn't feel the bribe was a bribe, but rather a gift out of pity. So Zouviqil is still determined to pay back Marcella somehow, even if she has to find some backwards way to go about it. And with luck, Zouviqil probably will find a way to go about it, and Marcella will be repaid.

Edit: Formatting be damned.