Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Everiine doesn't know Zouviqil very well, but thinks she has a good heart. He thinks she's a little naive, which is a trait he finds most young Seren share, so it doesn't really bother him. He doesn't understand why she continually gives him cake, and he'll usually eat it, but he thinks it is strange for someone to give out so many treats to so many people. He just doesn't get it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Everiine said:
    Everiine doesn't know Zouviqil very well, but thinks she has a good heart. He thinks she's a little naive, which is a trait he finds most young Seren share, so it doesn't really bother him. He doesn't understand why she continually gives him cake, and he'll usually eat it, but he thinks it is strange for someone to give out so many treats to so many people. He just doesn't get it.
    Likewise, Zouviqil doesn't know Everiine very well. However, she holds to the belief that happiness can be brought via sweets, and so the cakes are her way of sharing happiness. She doesn't know he thinks her naiive, but he is one of those people who her mother has assured her is a friend and a friend of the family, so she holds him with high regard. She finds him very spiritually in tune and therefore very important. Despite the fact they haven't talked much, she has high hopes that Everiine can bring something to her family she does not think she can, and something to the Serenguard (which most of her family belongs to) that she feels is direly important: the gift of ritual and of connectivity with that beyond the mundane.

Unfortunately, this means that Everiine can expect more sweets in his future.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited July 2013
    Llewell approached Zouviqil once, seeing her sit off in a secluded area of the forest. (admittedly, I wanted to get some rp going, especially about her condition and linking it up with auras/senses and Llewell's being a bard.)

She seemed nice but distracted, and I didn't get much out of her besides a general sense of "I'm fine but want to be alone". Hopefully this will change.

The next person after this, feel free to continue with any alt of mine you know. I'm like a wild card.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Though I know many of the alts, I'll go with the most current one...

Regnaso is very quiet and mostly reserved, but seems to enjoy getting Sidonie in trouble. Small trouble, and in a very non-public way, but still! Trouble! He was fun when we were doing Eventru stuff together before that all went down. She does enjoy the trouble though, because it's a crack in the serious facade, and above all Sid enjoys seeing everyone she likes having fun, which frequently happens with all the crazy that goes down in Dragonfly. 

• BUUUUUUUUUMP.

Kio does not know Sidonie, but I shall edit this on my lunch break.
  • What's more impressive is that Kio doesn't know any of my characters.
    Everiine hates aetherships, so getting him into one with Sidonie at the helm was a major feat. That he got back in after the first implosion was a miracle. After the second one, though, he avoids Sidonie just in case she wants him to fly again.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Aeral's interactions with Everiine have been limited. She has never been particularly fond of Serenwilde. He is a Serenguard she once spoke with when she sought to be unenemied.

(though on some of my other characters we've had amazing interactions. I <3 Everiine - his RP is awesome.)
  • Aeral was Tridemon's first guildmaster and Archmage, and an inspiration- an Aslaran as Archmage of the Aquamancers showed that one needn't be Merian in Celest to rise to a position of prominence and authority, which was important to a young Lucidian just learning the basics of the art. He was rather hurt and confused when she and Miciah left the city for more distasteful locales, which only added to his already rather lengthy list of reasons to dislike Magnagora as a whole.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I have had very limited interaction with Tridemon. He is the annoyance that sometimes visits faethorn, the Celestian who died for a Seren's enemy status, and the guy who commented that my blossoms weren't Glomdoringish. So he believes a few things about Tridemon. He has only a rudimentary understanding of Glomdoring and may be affected by Wyrden truths. He has a good moral center and owns up to his actions admirably. He has the heart of a combatant, even if it's more of annoyance to him every now and again. Overall Daem would like to interact with Tridemon more because he has stopped to comment on his vibrant blossoms.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Tacita always had a lot of respect for Daem, but worried that he (and to an extent Valonah) were too insular. It wasn't until a couple of RL months(?) ago that she actually had to interact with him for any length of time, and so for a long while she went without any other real preconceived notions about him.

After speaking with him about some Ambassador-related issues, she has now decided that he is a) super awesome, b) secretly tricksy in a way that she adores and c) secretly a Nocht worshipper even if he doesn't know it yet. (Admittedly, she thinks a lot of people are secretly Nocht worshippers who don't know it yet). She is also especially approving of his parenting skills, because he is responsible for spawning one of her favourite students (<3 @Delandes).

She still worries that he keeps to himself a bit more than she'd like, but thinks that's happening less and is very happy about that :)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Mork and Tacita's relationship has evolved somewhat, especially since they became brother and sister. Her non judgemental approach towards him, coupled with her emotional detachments makes her a great sounding board for his confessions and concerns. He knows he'll get a straight answer and the advice he needs, not the sycophantic words he wants to hear.

He's proud of the position she's undertaken in service to Lord Nocht and supports her as best he can. Which tends to involve standing infront of her and being hit repeatedly, as they murder their way to big essence payoffs.

He does however miss just sitting down and getting drunk with her, it's been too long in his eyes.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Eliron originally respect and approved of Morkarion's dedication to loyalty and service, and thoroughly approved of him.

Then Eliron had a full conversation with him, one involving Morkarion joining the Shee-Slaugh no less, and Eliron came away convinced that Morkarion's skull was thicker than the Earth's crust, and that Morkarion clung to his claims of being simple and straightforward as a way to avoid thinking or accepting responsibility for mistakes.

However, Morkarion's service to the commune and the (at the time baffling) amount of affection that he commanded from the Shee-Slaugh at large convinced Eliron there had to be more to Morkarion, and after quite a long time of being monumentally stubborn at each other until some amount of communication was achieved, he now thoroughly approves of Morkarion as a Shee-Slaugh (which is the highest compliment he can conceive of). He still doesn't agree with Morkarion's definition of respect at all times, but he has no doubts at all about Morkarion's loyalty to Glomdoring, Iorwen, or the Shee-Slaugh. He also approves of the amount of thought and consideration that Morkarion puts into issues of family, loyalty, honour, etc, and believes that, when Morkarion does object to something, it's well worth sitting down to learn why, even if he doesn't ultimately agree.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited August 2013
    Rancoura holds a great amount of respect for Eliron, the majority of which stems from two prominent things: a) his dedication to Glomdoring and the Harbingers as well as the fact that he has retained the position of the Maestro of the Lament for as long as she can remember, and b) the fact that he and Druken (one of the people held in her highest esteem) are partners. After having seen so much fickleness and betrayal by those she respected immensely beforehand, she values Eliron as a prime example of loyalty and steadfastness.

In the days of olde, the pair's interactions were numerous; however, due to her history with the Shee-Slaugh, of late she's found it slightly more difficult to interact with Eliron without raising ghosts she'd much rather see stricken from her memory. This said, however, her admiration for the Maestro is still fully intact, albeit much more taciturn than it once was.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I'd really love to give a long review of what Svorai thinks of Rancoura, but unfortunately, I just haven't seen her about enough to comment all that much!

Svorai considers Rancoura as one of the 'true' Shadowdancers -- not to say that the new Coven is anything bad or lacking -- but Rancoura stirs up the thick mystery of Night, and seems to command the kind of reverence and fear that a witch of the Night Coven ought to. She is a strong figure, and Svorai has heard whisperings from Coven members that they miss Rancoura being around.

The change of the guard has been good for the Shadowdancers, though. Svorai has never held as much respect for the Night Coven as she does in the present day. Though that might be that the new Coven has more subtle ways of manipulating their world, whereas the Coven that Svorai associates Rancoura with (Astraea, Druken, etc), was one that seemed to draw a lot of its power from fearmongering and overt influence.

Rancoura's Oracle has always been a source of curiosity for Svorai. She wishes she understood more of Rancoura's past, which is to say, mostly anything, about her, that she hasn't gleaned from obvious sources. She'd especially like to understand why she commands such a following.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Suppose I'm just trying to bull my way into this thread, but dangit, that's what good Tarks do.  :D

Svorai is the person that ran the ascension ceremony for Morkarion that Tarkenton happened to wake up for.  From the readings he's done of the news boards and such, Svorai is a competent leader that the leaders of the guilds within the Glomdoring appear to respect.  He's curious about who she is outside of her official capacity within the Glomdoring, and plans to try to strike up a conversation some time should their paths ever cross.
  • Oh man.  Jumping on this.

Kio sees Tarkenton as a very, very useful tool.  He's going to make a great combatant one day, and quite possibly a good Shadowdancer, though that list bit we're still waiting to see.  He's ambitious and motivated.  In Kio's eyes, that's a really good thing.

Most importantly, however, Kio is very interested with Tarkenton personal life.  Kio thinks Tarkenton might be a tae'dae, and better yet, might be Kio's son.  There's a lot going for this young little one, and Kio wants to help him achieve it.

But Kio's help will come at a price.
    Rancoura left a deep impression on Everiine, and a lesson that he must always keep in mind. For a time, Rancoura and Everiine worked together in an effort to promote Trill culture. He was surprised that politics never entered the discussion. Yet without the tensions of politics, Ev found himself drawn to Rancoura, not in a romantic way, but in a way he never was able to explain. She represented both the beauties of being a trill--the physical beauty, the alluring voice, the subtle grace--and the dangers/mysteries of the Wyrd--its shadowy beauty, its seductive qualities that draw one in for the fatal blow, the twisted, perverse logic that no one should be drawn to, and yet is. Despite his unfailing loyalty to his people, in Rancoura, Ev saw the Wyrd as beautiful.

If Everiine had a 'spiritual' other half, he would see it in Rancoura, and that both fascinates and terrifies him.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Kio said:
    Well that's terrifying.  Unfortunately, I don't know Everiine other than as a name on the newbie channel, so I'll just skip back up to Kio in a reciprocal impression.

Kio fascinates Tarkenton.  A tae'dae with the mental capacity to excel at the arts of the Shadowdancers is probably rarer than a kepheran living in Glomdoring, and Tarkenton recognizes the uniqueness of Kio holding his position.  Kio, with some assistance, opened Tarkenton up to the idea that he may be a shard of Tae, and has also planted the seed in his mind that he may be Kio and Thul's son.  This intrigues Tarkenton since he has been searching for something to root him in one place beyond loyalty to guild and commune.

Tarkenton isn't quite sure what to make of Kio's multiple personalities, though he's beginning to gain an understanding and at least recognize when which personality is dominant for the moment.  Part of him wonders if that's the price Kio has paid for his ability to grasp the arcane arts despite being a tae'dae, and worries a bit about whether or not the same thing may happen to him.  It's a minor worry, since it doesn't seem to impact Kio in much if any of a negative fashion, but it's there all the same.
  • Tarkenton future projectively reminds Revan of grand moff Tarkin who, thousands of years in the future, will blow up Alderaan and never evacuate in his moment of triumph. Certainly Revan overestimated Tarken's chances, so confident was he
  • Tarkenton said:
    Kio said:
    Well that's terrifying.  Unfortunately, I don't know Everiine other than as a name on the newbie channel, so I'll just skip back up to Kio in a reciprocal impression.

Kio fascinates Tarkenton.  A tae'dae with the mental capacity to excel at the arts of the Shadowdancers is probably rarer than a kepheran living in Glomdoring, and Tarkenton recognizes the uniqueness of Kio holding his position.  Kio, with some assistance, opened Tarkenton up to the idea that he may be a shard of Tae, and has also planted the seed in his mind that he may be Kio and Thul's son.  This intrigues Tarkenton since he has been searching for something to root him in one place beyond loyalty to guild and commune.

Tarkenton isn't quite sure what to make of Kio's multiple personalities, though he's beginning to gain an understanding and at least recognize when which personality is dominant for the moment.  Part of him wonders if that's the price Kio has paid for his ability to grasp the arcane arts despite being a tae'dae, and worries a bit about whether or not the same thing may happen to him.  It's a minor worry, since it doesn't seem to impact Kio in much if any of a negative fashion, but it's there all the same.
    It has nothing to do with being a tae'dae and everything to do about being certifiably insane.  Ask him about it one day.  Or, stay a SD.  The SDs are the ones who helped Kio reign in it, after all.
    Revan IS. Revan represents to Everiine everything about Magnagora. Total lack of morality, unsatiable lust for power, the political knowledge to manipulate anyone at anytime, the strength to viciously end their lives if they don't cooperate, the smugness to be an ass to everyone because of the preceding point, and the name, when spoken, that sounds like doom.

This may be because Revan was in power during Ev's younger days, and that impression stuck.

• Revan was one of those 'big scary looming guys' in Magnagora when Marcella stepped through the portal in the middle of dramallama races. Seeing as how Magnagora was also losing at everything forever back then, and it seemed to immediately turn about when Munsia and Revan and the vast majority of associated drama was excised and everything got quiet and work-together-y, she's somewhat violently and illogically opposed to both of them because she values stasis very highly - about the exact opposite of Morgfyre actually - thanks to her veneration of Urlach's undeath. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited August 2013
    Marcella is the epitome of the ur'guard to Entrias. At least IC , she's respectful, doesn't boast or flex her muscles at others, and can keep a civil tongue when she's visiting Hallifax.

If only she would come to the Sentinels.

(Gogo Shaddus Wildcard)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Entrias shines as an example a fine classical Collectivist - rule minded, polite, well spoken, loyal to the Collective - which does make the tiniest mar to his character, a perceived streak of staunch adherence to personal opinion [albeit one that oft enough aligns with his own in regards to the health of the City], stick out all the more to Maellio. Combined with other bits of info better unshared, it leaves him unfortunately wary of an otherwise outwardly model citizen.

Compounding this is his youngest daughter's engagement to Entrias, which presents both opportunity of daughter's happiness and House's eventual elevation to Banner -and- a scrutinizing eye on him if he should in any way harm a feather on his daughter's head. In any case, he'll certainly be getting to know him more personally as time passes.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Maellio said:
    Entrias shines as an example a fine classical Collectivist - rule minded, polite, well spoken, loyal to the Collective - which does make the tiniest mar to his character, a perceived streak of staunch adherence to personal opinion [albeit one that oft enough aligns with his own in regards to the health of the City], stick out all the more to Maellio. Combined with other bits of info better unshared, it leaves him unfortunately wary of an otherwise outwardly model citizen.

Compounding this is his youngest daughter's engagement to Entrias, which presents both opportunity of daughter's happiness and House's eventual elevation to Banner -and- a scrutinizing eye on him if he should in any way harm a feather on his daughter's head. In any case, he'll certainly be getting to know him more personally as time passes.
    Zouviqil has had a few interactions with Maellio. She considers him someone worth talking to, but is a bit wary of him; for everything she can tell with colors, he seems to be able to deduce analytically by posture and actions with frightening speed. This also intrigues her greatly, on the flip side, and makes her curious to interact with him more without pestering him. For all the pestering she can do to Maellio, Shedrin ends up taking the brunt of it, typically. To Zouviqil, Maellio is also someone who is both an ally and the doler of justice in Hallifax. She sees Maellio as one of the four facets of the gem that is Hallifax, and if one of these four were to show a change in their anticipated behaviors, her view of Hallifax would likely collapse as well.
  • Mael has only met Zouviqil a scant few times, primarily in passing to her own quests to find Shedrin (which he assumes is some inscrutable effect the Exemplar has had on her, though what escapes him) though at least once in an official consultory capacity (his linear memory betrays him as to if only once yet). Overall he's found her a rather bright scholar for one from Serenwilde, showing personal insight into matters they've discussed which he feels could be well refined with a bit of more scientific acumen (which obviously one can "almost only" find in Hallifax, so it is a shame no one is assimilating her, maybe Shedrin is?).

She has also, to her benefit (or detriment), fed him cake. This, if not winning him over strictly speaking has certainly won his stomach. Which at this point has a majority controlling interest in his social accounts.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Ever since Zouviqil gave Ev a door instead of a cake, he avoids her. He doesn't think she's "all there", and hopes that she won't get herself killed in some stupidly optimistic attempt to make nice with a kraken, or some such endeavour.

• Everiine said:
    Ever since Zouviqil gave Ev a door instead of a cake...
    How do you... I don't even... what?

.oO---~---Oo.

NARF!

• Maellio said:
    Everiine said:
    Ever since Zouviqil gave Ev a door instead of a cake...
    How do you... I don't even... what?
    I would not put this past Zouviqil.