Real World Raves

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I just find a book and read, or a video game. I'm married, I don't need to look for a Naked Snake at work.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Naked Snake was best snake, even as good as Solid was, Naked was better.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Some days I feel like I missed out by never getting to play the MGS games.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• After our final code push at work on Fridays, we have beer 'o clock for the rest of the afternoon.  Definitely a nice moment of relaxation amid a very stressful and emotional week.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Turns out big, delicious popovers are incredibly simple to make. I am happy and full of baked goods.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Simple if you don't mind if they collapse, at least; but they are very delicious, and I've never noticed a change in taste in collapsed vs. not collapsed.

I learned to love popovers at the Jordan Pond House in Acadia.  So when I have them there is always some nostalgia involved, too.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Xenthos said:
    Simple if you don't mind if they collapse, at least; but they are very delicious, and I've never noticed a change in taste in collapsed vs. not collapsed.

I learned to love popovers at the Jordan Pond House in Acadia.  So when I have them there is always some nostalgia involved, too.
    Jordan Pond House is where I learned to love popovers, too!! I go there every time I'm in Maine! My family goes up to Acadia every few years, I love it there.

Only one of mine collapsed, and yep, still tasted just fine.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Dylara said:
    Some days I feel like I missed out by never getting to play the MGS games.
    This is fixable!

(You really should, at least 1 and 3)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Phoebus said:
    My first loaf of sourdough has officially been made, and it tastes just fine. A piece of the crust that I broke off and ate while it was cooling was very sour and I was worried the whole thing would be that bad, but it's actually quite mild inside.

I'd say it looks pretty good for a first go at sourdough, myself! Hoping for an even more open crumb next time, if I can manage it. Unfortunately, I tend to clumsily manhandle my dough; a delicate touch, I have not. I think I'm getting better at it, though. :)

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Douglas looks absolutely delicious, @Phoebus. Well-baked and well-played.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I don't want to over hype the movie or anything, but y'all NEED to see the movie The Big Short. It's phenomenal.

• Learning to cook a turkey.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Just returned from watching Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. It's one of the rare cases where I haven't read the book before I watched the movie. I have to say that it's awesome (though I cannot really judge because alas, I haven't read the book) and true to the Burton-esque style. Though I was kinda surprised that it featured neither Johnny Depp nor Helena Bonham Carter. But it had Chris O'Dowd (The IT Crowd ftw! :D).
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Homemade Philly cheese steaks and fresh cut fries.Delicious!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • New series of Ripper Street on Amazon made me happy tonight
  • This is my first weekend where I have no been scheduled to work at my part time job, plus I had to take today off so I get a second long weekend in a row. Unfortunately I have to take my kitten to the vet because he's old enough for something to be done, so I have a very angry hungry cat on my hands and later today I'll have a dopey, hungry, angry cat. scary spider smiley

That looks like a spider.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Looks can, however, be deceiving.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Bumboozled again
  • Xenthos said:
    That looks like a spider.
    He invokes the same amount of fear in me when he's hungry as spiders do just hanging around.

But I still love him so, though he wont love me so much later today. black cat smiley

• Rancoura said:
    Looks can, however, be deceiving.

That is not a happy cat.
    But I kind of want one of those suits...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I don't think it'll fit on you, Xenthos.
    But I do have a cat who is more appropriately sized. :)
  • Xenthos said:
    But I do have a cat who is more appropriately sized. :)
    I'm considering dressing Onyx up as a bat this Halloween, and my dog as Dracula. The cat may have forgiven me by that point, must ruin his life again (in his mind) >.>

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It is rainy and cold and miserable outside, I have nowhere to be, I have internet and books and this morning was given two, yes two boxes of chocolates for my birthday. Talk about happy place.