Events! The Good, and the Not-So-Good

XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
edited June 2013 in Common Grounds
Events here are one of the main things that I absolutely love about Lusternia, because they force you to react out of your "comfort zone".  Unexpected scenarios, completely new situations, and you have to actually be invested in the things... there's a reason that I show up whenever an event is happening.

Players (and the administrative staff, especially the volunteers else they'd not be volunteers) are exceedingly invested in this game- some perhaps in monetary terms, but more importantly, we are all emotionally invested.  This means that we are all going to take things personally at times.

What this does not mean is that we don't want to participate in events (or want any particular individual to avoid participating)!  These are the things that give Lusternia amazing depth, since they build off of the histories and the lore.

It's easiest to post long things detailing what you felt went wrong in an event; just from many years on these forums, it's pretty common for people to post more often about the things that they did not like instead of what they did.  Again, this does not mean that the event itself was disliked, or that everyone wishes it had never happened.

I feel like a thread that discusses events, not just focusing on the negatives but also the positives, would be beneficial; it will allow us to inform the volunteers who are driving things of what we especially liked as well as what we would like to see done differently (not that it necessarily will be, but there's always going to be a desire for some constructive criticism; I mean, none of us are perfect whether we are running events or participating in them).

So, in no particular order, I have some comments on the most recent event(s):
Positives:
1) Xynthin.  I mean, oh my god.  Before the end of the event when he went crazy (I'm really sad about that, by the way, I thought there was so much potential there for something greater / enduring, even if he became something else), it was obvious that the person/people playing him had put a lot of time into investigating the role / building up the personality.  There were just so many little things that leaped out at me as we spoke / I read the logs of other people (especially Tacita's) speaking with him.
2) Shikari.  Xenthos (rather obviously) was going through a significant identity crisis.  I feel like the Gods were being pretty absent on an actual physical level to let the event go forward, but there was all kinds of NPC interaction, and Shikari's NPCs were supportive when he sought them out.  <3
3) Rowena.  What the bleep.  I am supposed to HATE HER.  She's supposed to be the hag that nobody likes, who spits on people on a regular basis.  Then she goes and pulls a Shazbat-bomb and wipes out a horde of 80+ dominators, after running around with us and murdering them on a one-by-one basis.  This is so darned unfair.  But so full of awesomeness.
4) The visions from the Wheel.  !!!  <-- This is not enough, but I don't really know how to say in text just how well-crafted these things were.  There were well-known people in the visions, there were less well-known people, but they were all players and it was giving us a view of what 'could be'.  This helped make the whole thing seem more real.  This was a grind-event done Right- the reward was more the visions than the actual curio pieces (for most people involved).  Plus, on top of that, there were the visions of the past that gave more insight into how things occurred, bridging a few gaps in the histories.  Just... this was a completely inspired idea, and it was done perfectly from my standpoint (though I feel the vision with me would not quite have happened that way <_<).

Dislikes:
Really, I dislike that Crow is always ineffectual, but that's pretty much just how he is at this point.  I'm pretty used to it by now, but I can understand that people who haven't seen it before would take it hard when they're all oriented around how Crow is "Great Crow, Mighty Crow, grovelgrovel".

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The only thing i have to say right now is I do wish Crow would stop getting his ass kicked constantly. 
  • I love the visions, they're like... lore pokemon and I wanted to get them all.

I guess looking at the collection, I kinda wish that serenwilde might have had more of a presence in the future maybe. I think it's most notable in the "meeting" visions where the forests felt like they were missing except for a vision where the pov character didn't really do any thing and a vague mention of gardens battering down walls. I would have loved to see some forrestal rage followed by storming through the wall.

For some reason the near future visions are a bit odd to me as well, just because if anyone in Serenwilde is going to be summoning ancestral spirits I would expect Spiritsingers then Hartstone. I'm a bit half-half on which would make more sense to me, probably Spiritsingers but the sacrifice of life force makes me think maybe Hartstone,

But maybe that's in some design notes or aspect of the Moondancers that I'm not aware of, or hasn't been shared before. So maybe an event could be run to explore that further. 

On the flip side, the past with the roads made me ridiculously happy, then conflicted, then frustrated, then with the fragments of history I made a positive story out of it, and when we (hopefully) get more information about it, I'll probably go through the same cycle again. 

This ultimately was a very tiny part of the event, but I'm already seeing people getting interested in what it means for us. Questions like "What powers did gaudiguch have that could let them burn such a scar through serenwilde?", "Would it really have never healed or is it just because they built the road through it?", "What lead up to this, why did we have to accept it?".

I really enjoy the lore releases, even just fragments because it lets us build up the past, which is just kinda fun and sparks ideas for events that we'd like to see.
  • I would like to add to this, simply because events do so much for making Lusternia the in-depth, intricate experience that it is, and I do want Lusternia's admin to know how much we do love about events, even the ones that we may not agree with all the way through.

I agree so hard with Xenthos's likes:

1) Xynthin/Veiled God: Brilliant, beautiful, the most interaction I've ever had with an admin character and I loved it so much. The amount of effort put into engaging people in the Glomdoring on an individual and group level was amazing.
    2) Lhiannan (since I don't have anything to do with Shikari). Thank you, to whoever was controlling Lhiannan and chose to talk to Eliron. I was so giddy with glee that I turned into a stammering fool, but seriously. I would love this conversation even if the world had ended and Kethuru had devoured us all.
    3) Rowena: Rowena. Babe. I never thought I would say this. Give up the Nightshade and come to Shee-Slaugh.
    4) The Wheel Vissions: So amazing! I was included in one as a Time Dame's zombie-puppet that was exploded, and it was brilliant. Just from that I had great rp thanking Celina for murdering me when I needed it and some fun family rp too! And that's just one out of so many awesome visions!
    5) The whole time travel aspects, especially since Hallifax and Gaudiguch came back through time and we have the Institute mucking about with things now. I love that the implications that having time-travel plot devices and mechanics (why the cities didn't exist until we're ready for them, the skillset) have world-changing counterparts

I am seriously looking forward to the next events with a lot of anticipation and excitement, because there has been so much effort and build-up put into them so far with some already amazing payoff!

Dislikes:

1) Xynthin stating that he did not need Glomdoring for his plans (since he only needs Night and Crow) and that Glomdoring could not help its ascendant (since that's between Xenthos and Xynthin). When the Court still expressed doubts, Crow then came to sit on Xynthin's shoulder. Finally, Crow and Night joined Xynthin, with Mother Night accusing the Glomdoring of failing. To me, it felt like being told we were irrelevant, then being shown we were irrelevant when we still tried to play a part, then being blamed for being irrelevant.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It's great fun for Qistrel to be able to say 'See, we were right. Crow makes a big show and fuss about being powerful and scary, but he has no inner strength, and thus he fails' - still, I can't help feeling sorry for the Blacktalon.

I don't know very much about how the Blacktalon operates, but is there not some way you can spindoctor it into either 'we have failed Crow, we should have been able to repel Stepasha' or 'Crow has a plan, it may have seemed like he was hopeless, but it is all trickery and part of his scheme to bring new, more powerful abilities to the guild.'

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I wish there were more wyrden-potato  Harb-oriented visions for Glom, but I liked them a lot overall.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Crow just suffers from Worf Effect.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I really enjoyed the visions, the glimpses to both past and future were awesome. Loved the many different perspectives!

The event with the wheel and Xynthin looked pretty awesome - at least from afar, My biggest gripe was being forced to watch from the sidelines or wait for logs to be posted from people who aren't actually enemied to Glom and were allowed to participate. I understand we can't all fit in the spotlight, and being Xynthin it made sense it was all (mostly) happening in Glom, but it would have been nice to be able to enjoy more than killing spill over zombies.

I really can't wait to see what happens next, my interest has definitely been caught, and the prophecies gave a lot of talking points which spurred more spontaneous RP. A big win in my book.

• I enjoyed the event myself, and really don't understand what happened to cause issue in Glom. I guess this thread helps to clear it up, but I didn't even notice it had affected Glom that much, and suppose I missed the most catastrophic of its components. Good grief.

Regarding Crow:

I kind of feel like there is some notation out there for how Crow is supposed to act, and it has never, ever, ever, ever been edited. Ever. It's still the same from when Glomdoring was a bashing ground to get extra silk and wood from, and Crow was just some smob people could raise to piss off Serenwilde. Everything that has happened since then is not included.

I also feel like the structure of the Epic Quest rather breaks with how Crow is generally interpreted and handled. For the Epic, you actually get some pretty in-depth imagery directly from Crow, and it certainly feels like you are building some truer, deeper connection with him. But once you finish the Epic, that is it. And as soon as the next event rolls around, you'll be stuck in the same relative position of talking to Crow as if he is Lassie.

I imagine that this could have hit some newer players especially hard.

@Qistrel, while you could do those things, the fact of the matter is they are not fun. They also need to be done constantly. If the White Hart turned into the Heavy from TF2 every time there was an event pertinent to him, or he caught a sideways glance from Crow, I imagine that the Hartstone would have issues with this (though, I do suppose there would be some who would love that).

I don't think it is a great coincidence that the BT has often had struggles or that most families in Glom try to "out-Night" each other as opposed to "out-Crow". Even the differences between Rowena and Brennan during this event fall pretty squarely into the Night >>>>>> Crow camp. (Not that I mind myself. I'm finding empowerment in being able to look at Brennan, throw up my hands, and say, "Well, no one expects dignity to run in the family anyways".)

Oh well!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Nobody can out-Crow me! ... Because nobody wants to. :losewings: We need to buy the guy a spot in some classes or something. It's just tough to pursue it IC, because the only way is to say, "Hey, Crow, you kind of suck." And, well, that is just not the CrowRP. Alas. So after every event involving him in any way you just have to go, "La, la never happened, Great Crow, Mighty Crow, Glorious Crow!" Willful denial is indeed a part of CrowRP too, but it does get a bit tiring to have to do it every time.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Horribly off-topic, but I feel the name of this thread should have after one of my favorite movies, "Events! The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"

More on topic, its great to see a ton of events going on, even though I wasn't really active enough to be involved, and have a ton of events posts to read to catch up - cool events to follow has been one of Lusternia's highlights in my opinion.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    I feel like Crow could (should?) be more like the mythological Coyote / Raven. There's so much potential there (I've personally read many more Coyote stories). That seems to be what his premise is really about when he's called the Trickster, but then he just ends up getting coming across as a useless punk.

And, well, I've only been a Crow follower since he first came out and the BT opened, so I may have some strong feelings on this subject, as evidenced by my posts in the other thread. So I feel that I must reiterate my original post in this thread; this is one aspect of an event which rubbed an already raw spot for me, and players do often tend to talk more about that end of things instead of the positives. All of my raves in the first post here still stand!

For the record, I don't recall Night ever blaming Glomdoring or accusing us of failing. When she was in the Court, she very plainly blamed Xenthos alone for failing to become the savior/messiah/whatever of Glom she had hoped he would be. It was not "Glomdoring failed." She seemed in despair because all the people of Glomdoring, she even specifically mentioned her coven, would no longer exist and she would reign over nothing. As a character it was easy for me to shift blame from Mother Night pulling him from the wheel to Xenthos failing to accomplish her plans and being too weak in will. Mother Night isn't omniscient, she saw a possibility, trusted one of Glomdoring and rescued him, and then he was corrupted by the power he was imbued with. As a mortal, he simply couldn't handle the full power of Glomdoring and went bonkers. Which cements the idea that we are all undeserving of Glomdoring's power.

I think a lot of the Crow v Night stuff ends up in Night's favor because

1) The way the respective guilds are. The Coven is very dark and glamorous and ALL HAIL THE QUEEN...but the BT roll around in muck and dead things. I think one is just typically more appealing.

2) Night can talk. Crow can not. Simple but it's hard to worship something that just caws at you. You can emulate another humanoid fairly easily, both in mannerisms and how you speak. It's a bit more difficult to emulate a one eyed bird. Nyir always did it amazingly well though.

3) Crow does seem to get his ass handed to him quite often. I mean, even in this event, he was impaled randomly by stag and had to be rescued. That's not to say Night doesn't show weakness, she has. She has been set on fire and had to run to Nocht.

4) Politics. It's a bit convoluted, but I think the short of it is while BT has had some awesome leaders like Nyir and Emar that really defined a lot of the guild and crowishness, the SDs have tended to have higher profile leaders. Part of it, I think, is just the nature of being SD GM vs BT GM. It's a culture thing. Personally I view the BT/stormcrows as the heavy lifters of the forest, and Night/NS/SS as the glamorous, cunning leaders that keep the gears oiled. One obviously gets more recognition, but they are both equally important. The heavy lifters probably more so.

5) Brennan tends to be the butt end of the Rowena jokes.

Dislike:

After Eliron clarified it a bit for me, the whole "Screw you guys, I just need Night and Crow," was a little blah. I kind of wish Xynthin required Glomdoring to somehow acknowledge him. I do think the whole purpose of the Court was diminished in that some dude busted in and decided he was king and there was nothing we could do about it. We were definitely steamrolled in that aspect. the Court got some lip service but in the end, I can understand why some people felt that we were the illigetimate representitive of Glomdoring. It was especially hard for people that RPd that the Glomdoring/the Wyrd is some sort of mysterious sentient overmind that makes its own choices and plans. Which is something they'll have to resolve with their RP, and don't really fault anyone for.

My final thing is I think players sat on their hands too much and were resigned to OOC feelings about how events naturally progress. I feel as though the admin were around enough and attentive enough that the actual middle part of the event could have been more spontaneous and fluid. However, discussions I've had since the event, players were very stuck on start and finish. They felt railroaded, and they probably were to an extent, but I feel as though there was a lot of opportunity for freedom in the meaty middle part that is generally the most enjoyable part of an event. Could have come up with a ritual, summon a shadowshell around glom, tried to fight him off. I could be wrong entirely, but that's what I suspect.

edited November 2012
    Actually, she said that he went bonkers because I didn't let myself get destroyed (not because of the power he was imbued with). That was a little weird because nothing had ever been said along those lines up until that point (despite trying to get further information). That's what Eliron was referring to there; being blamed for not doing something that there was no indication should be done. Xynthin was even against the idea.

But that is also why all the other Xenthosii were going nutty when there were multiples of them spawning at the wheel.

Speaking for myself, that was the Night part that bothered me. "Pull him from the Wheel, say that he is our only hope to survive the Dames, go dormant and then return to castigate us for something there is no way we could have known she wanted to be done just before giving up entirely and saying there is no hope". But that is more of a one-off thing rather than an endemic problem.

Edit: If this had been told to us, it would have given us something to do / decide (before he went crazy), and thus would have at least offered the illusion of choice. It would've added more to the middle part of the event at least, where instead we were told to wait and see (because Xynthin was going to Handle It All). I am unsure how that would have gone over in practice, though. As it was, we didn't really have an actual decision to make; he didn't need us or our agreement.

Again, I think you're thinking too linear. "He said, she said," is just not how I RP my particular brand of duty/fanaticism/whatever you want to call it. Some people do RP absolute adherence to what is specifically being said. Which is fine. Kind of iffy in an org that leans so heavily on mysterious darkness and hidden meanings, but I do understand it.

I got the impression that Night, as well as Crow, and many players, viewed Xynthin and Xenthos as one in the same. Your failures were his failures, so when she talked you and Xynthin were pretty much interchangable. It was a long event, so it's hard for me to pinpoint when things happened or when I started getting impressions, but well before the end there was a feeling that you two just weren't going to work out. Someone had to go. I'm not sure if it came across as an either him or me situation, or just that Xynthin was nuts and we just needed to remove him, but I don't think it was as impossible to forsee as you make it out to be.

Like I said, I never felt punished or blamed by Night. She was very much finger pointing at you. Kind of like Estarra was.

edited November 2012
    Night's statement was that if I had let myself be destroyed he would have succeeded, but because I did not / Glomdoring did not, he went crazy and failed. To me that is pretty cut and dry as statements (and accusations) go.

And all the conversations with Xynthin included us "working out" the temporal discord...after he had done his thing. It was obvious that there were problems with us both being in the same timeline, but a loosening grip on sanity leading to his downfall entirely due to there being two of us wasn't really part of it.
    From Celina's statements, I am pretty sure it was the latter to you; that you felt he was crazy. Not so much a him-or-me thing (I know I never got that impression as a surety, though pretty obviously the temporal anomolies indicated it was a possibility; at the same time, I felt it could go either way).

I do feel that we were intended to keep guessing and be unsure throughout, and they.certainly did that well.

Eh, I think I figured out he was nuts from the moment he revealed how he came to be. People glossed over the whole reason for his existance repeatedly. I was a definite divergence from the typical Glomdoring mindset that one guy should benefit and get godhood by sacrificing the entire Glomdoring. It was something that didn't get brought in serious conversation up until later when he went off the deep end and he no longer felt any guilt about it. It was all part of the "Big Plan." Then suddenly people had issue with it. I do think the players (or maybe characters, I'm not sure) kind of borked that one up, everyone got a little doe eyed over him at the start...myself included.

ICly, I don't think Night knew how he came to be. I remember her saying she just sensed his power and saw a possibility.

It wasn't ever spelled out for me, but it certainly gave me the feeling that he needed to go from fairly early (and I think you are right as far as Celina's IC statements and beliefs go). In the end, RPd it out, and really enjoyed coming up with my last big post to the Commune about failures and duty and faith. I kind of got chewed out for it by you and some others, but I think it kind of resolved the issue for Celina.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, Crow needs to be far more Loki. Not movie Loki. Like, actual comic-book-Loki...OMG now I'm sad about Journey Into Mystery again.
    :((

Oh, I have to fully agree with you that the RP opportunities presented were absolutely astounding in both quantity and depth; so, so many ways for characters to take it.

Mm RP.
    Turnus said:

Horribly off-topic, but I feel the name of this thread should have after one of my favorite movies, "Events! The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"

More on topic, its great to see a ton of events going on, even though I wasn't really active enough to be involved, and have a ton of events posts to read to catch up - cool events to follow has been one of Lusternia's highlights in my opinion.
    I missed this post somehow. That was indeed the original name of the thread, but I edited it (I didn't want the title sounding too overly negative).
  • Actually, thinking back there is one thing that I did not find to be very enjoyable with the event. For the most part, being a Hallifaxian I was kept out of the loop. Nothing wrong with that. It's understandable that a Glomdoring-themed event would involve Glomdoring primarily. My issue was with the alternate-Xenthos part. I don't know about the other guilds, but the Institute one called out on GT and asked me to help with his situation. This could've been fun, but it ended up being very... nothing. I arrived there, and then what? There was talk about containing the wheel and the Institute Xenthos even responded favourably to looking into preparing a temporal containment unit. But trying to talk the Conclave met me with deafening silence. End result being me feeling like I wasted a whole lot of time chasing a herring the admin waved in front of me.

The Hallifax snub in the event post afterwards didn't exactly help things.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Why does Eventru's troll-flag count for 5 points?  It insta-buried the poor post.

Yes, this is off topic, but it's my topic gosh darnit.
  • How was it off topic?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Qistrel said:
    I don't know very much about how the Blacktalon operates, but is there not some way you can spindoctor it into either 'we have failed Crow, we should have been able to repel Stepasha' or 'Crow has a plan, it may have seemed like he was hopeless, but it is all trickery and part of his scheme to bring new, more powerful abilities to the guild.'
    I'm chalking it down to his plan. You don't mess with Crow man, he knows what he's doing, even if it looks like he's about to bring oblivion upon us all. Hell, when Crow went and sat on Xynthin's shoulder, Svo was torn... like, bring on the nothingness.

I think I flipped when stuff was happening and Crow was just watching, doing nothing. Nothing. But I have to say thank you to whomever was controlling Crow at this time -- because given how the event went, if Crow did anything but wait and watch and be all confident, I would have had trouble reconciling his actions now.

So, my list:
    1. Crow. I love you. From a lore perspective, you are freaking amazing. But... help me out here. ;_; In some ways I'm grateful Crow didn't do anything, because "it all worked out and this was how it was supposed to happen", but in the moment it was hard to deal with. While his Aspects are all very spiritual ideals, there is an element of living-up-to-them involved, and he often doesn't >.>
    2. Viravain. I don't know if She is actively being played at the moment (HELP GODS suggests She is?)... but Her absence was conspicuous and difficult to deal with during that event, especially as a member of Her Order. As Crow and the Wyrd's creator... I would have expected Her to have had some input, or defended the forest, or something. I've been in Vira's Order for two real life years now, and have really only spoken with Her twice about changes we needed to make in the Blacktalon, and to be inducted into Her Order properly. I know this is largely my fault because I haven't instigated interaction, but it's gotten to the point where I don't know how She would feel/think/act in any given situation. Is Svorai completely off the rails in terms of how she views Viravain/the Wyrd/Crow?
    3. Xynthin. Amazing. Like, <3. I love how You just stole my whole philosophy and made everyone hate me for it :-S But really, You showed interest in us by spying, and while that's really creepy, it also made the whole experience interesting and real. And hard. I had no idea how to deal with a Xenthos-cum-God, or how to get the commune to reach consensus on You, or how to rationalise Your existence. But thank You for the experience. That was the first real Admin interaction I had that lasted more than two sentences, and while I stumbled, froze and did a poor job of executing what I wanted to do, it was fun. Admin/Gods really make me nervous.
    4. The doors. There's no in character motivation to open those doors, at least for the BT. But I felt my hands were tied, as it was an OOC post that encouraged us to race and be the first to see what they revealed, and so rather than do what I wanted to do ICly: "We will not be opening this door, and flirt with temporal anomalies. Any who try to open it will be disfavoured", I posted a flimsy "Let's flood this door with essence because ew time magic" post. It was hard to justify ICly -- why would the Blacktalon want to open it? They just had their souls crushed by a time device. Goodbye Xynthin, farewell <3 We lost two good members in the fallout of that event -- nearly three (if only I could be BT without being in Glom ;_;) -- and so the remaining few of us were at a disadvantage in this so-called 'race'.
    But anyway, I think overall the event has been wonderful and fun. I've had the opportunity to interact with a bunch of people I wouldn't typically, had some great moments with Admin, strengthened/reinforced relationships and ideas of people. See Xenthos, I knew letting you be raised as TA was a bad idea! (<3)
  • One thing to keep in mind is that the gods are all played by volunteers who, much like players, have jobs, school, family, and friends and can't always be present. I myself would have loved to have been around for the Xynthin event, not only to watch because it looked very cool, but also to help control some of the Hallifax mobs so that the admin running the event didn't have to worry about handling an entire event's worth of mobs. Alas, we can't be omnipresent, as much as we would like to be!

• Zvoltz said:
    One thing to keep in mind is that the gods are all played by volunteers who, much like players, have jobs, school, family, and friends and can't always be present. I myself would have loved to have been around for the Xynthin event, not only to watch because it looked very cool, but also to help control some of the Hallifax mobs so that the admin running the event didn't have to worry about handling an entire event's worth of mobs. Alas, we can't be omnipresent, as much as we would like to be!
    This is perfectly fair, and I can understand not being able to be everywhere. However I think it'd be better to acknowledge this in advance. It's far preferable, in my opinion, to not be part of the event at all, than to be seemingly invited, and then ignored.
  • Zvoltz said:
    One thing to keep in mind is that the gods are all played by volunteers who, much like players, have jobs, school, family, and friends and can't always be present. I myself would have loved to have been around for the Xynthin event, not only to watch because it looked very cool, but also to help control some of the Hallifax mobs so that the admin running the event didn't have to worry about handling an entire event's worth of mobs. Alas, we can't be omnipresent, as much as we would like to be!
    I know... :(

It's just really awkward when you're spam-praying to your god (who is meant to be active) over two weeks, and hearing nothing back, even a month after the fact. And it's no fault of the God-players! People have lives, or are otherwise really busy with other things, and in some cases just don't feel up to that interaction -- and that's fine. I just don't know how to deal with it ICly, when ICly I figure my Goddess is about, somewhere, hopefully, just hating me... :(

• Kiradawea said:
    Zvoltz said:
    This is perfectly fair, and I can understand not being able to be everywhere. However I think it'd be better to acknowledge this in advance. It's far preferable, in my opinion, to not be part of the event at all, than to be seemingly invited, and then ignored.
    It should be noted that there had been more earlier communication on the part of the Invisible College and the Conclave [I got it talking once right before the Veiled became Xynthin and I think Lawliet got it talking a second time], which lead to some further action on the Board's part interacting with some Gloms [read Shee-Slaugh] about the whole matter but it did end up feeling more like a bunch of loose ends over involvement [which I do chalk up to both Admin being busy and at least me being busier those weeks too, so no hard feelings]. There had been talk by the Conclave of affixing Xynthin and interferrence and figuring out major players, but it all sorta fell silent. Still a really awesome quest [and has produced a lovely amount of timey-wimey talk] but from my perspective it looked like we might have had another option, but then we went along and completed the main quest as written >.=.>

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited December 2012
    I usually really like the events. What I don't like is the smaller events that start late at night when few people are on. There have been a couple of times where there have been like three of us have been on and it's taken forever to complete a new quest. Often these quests are lots of fun to do the first time, but not if you are up two hours after you want to be in bed to complete them. Yes, I know I can go to bed whenever I want, but but NEW QUEST... can't sleep with that hanging over my head. So my suggestion would be to do the smaller events at a time when a bunch of people are around (please take time zones into account!), or at least enough to complete the quest (sometimes it's nice to not have many people to compete with for a quest). 
  • Fania said:
    I usually really like the events. What I don't like is the smaller events that start late at night when few people are on. There have been a couple of times where there have been like three of us have been on and it's taken forever to complete a new quest. Often these quests are lots of fun to do the first time, but not if you are up two hours after you want to be in bed to complete them. Yes, I know I can go to bed whenever I want, but but NEW QUEST... can't sleep with that hanging over my head. So my suggestion would be to do the smaller events at a time when a bunch of people are around (please take time zones into account!), or at least enough to complete the quest (sometimes it's nice to not have many people to compete with for a quest). 
    Events are usually ran at the convenience of the admin running them. It's not really fair to say to an admin to get up at 3am to run an event so that Fania doesn't have to stay up late!

Usually events are in 'prime' time though, because that's when our free time tends to be, as well.