General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Put them to work!  Start producing Nikes.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Everiine said:

Elanorwen said:

Poor 8.5/War always gets left out :( .

As does the Doctor who looks most like an owl, now that I think about it.
    This was done before 8.5/War, I remember seeing it years ago.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The house I wanted was snatched up and the places I want to work aren't hiring.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • So, on the plus side, my stovetop can reach vegetable oil's flash point. On the downside, I learned this through empirical evidence.
  • Never above 355F for Veggie Oil, @Aerotan.  Consider Peanut oil (400-405F, depending on quality), and never consider butter or virgin olive oil (254F).  Ahh, yes.. nothing like keeping the homefires burning when home on the range.
    </RANT>
  • Coffee spill.

-_-' that's what I get for being a clumsy idiot. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I still had so much to do last night for this morning, I haven't actually gone to bed. I planned to get up in a half hour anyway, so I guess I'm going into this day after an all-nighter!

I did this to myself last year, you'd think I'd learn...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Considering that veggie oil can be run in diesel engines(very high compression)....that's a pretty high flash point. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• My way or the highway assholes. 

'nuff said.
    is dead like the dodo
  • It's 5:20 and I really just need to not be sitting still in the dark, and at this rate I'm fairly sure that I'm just typing so I don't have to do that.

My cat died tonight. I think about 30 minutes ago, but I can really only base that off the fact that I woke up randomly and suddenly at some hour before 7. It's not like it was unexpected though; she was at a point where if she didn't, she was likely going to be euthanized today. I'm actually kind of relieved I didn't have to do that, since I couldn't even handle her body just now myself and it'd be a long 30 minute drive to go do that.

That word 'euthanized' is making me laugh right now. It really is strange how I can say that, a word that society seems to treat as some weird taboo, while not being able to say 'put to sleep' or something of a similar vein without feeling a sense of stark sadness and horror when those phrases were meant to be a preferable alternative.

She lived a long life, though, and I really can't say I didn't know it was coming. Just the other night, I was talking with Ixchilgal on Skype and I mentioned offhand that I wasn't sure I had more than a couple months left with her, which was... kind of optimistic, I guess. But she's lived a good 17 years with me, over half my life, and has been my best and, for a good portion of it, only friend. Honestly though, I'm kind of worried about how the pug will react when she realises her little black friend isn't around anymore. They were kind of a weird couple, avoiding each other around me and snuggling with each other the second my back was turned.

I remember, when she was 4 or so, she managed to kill a bird. She left the head on my pillow and just looked so proud. We spent hours trying to find the rest of the body, only to find she had dragged it into my mother's bed under the blankets. I remember the first week after we moved to Utah, she wandered outside to explore and was introduced to her first goose (and now that I think about it, where the hell do geese go during the winter?) and didn't go outside for months after. Oh, and her first snow, stepping out in it before quickly turning around and giving me this angry glare like I was evil incarnate, some kind of... mix between Hitler, Stalin, and Paul Reubens. Okay, that last one was probably unnecessary, but he really freaks me the hell out for some reason.

Iunno. I can't really bring myself to keep typing at this point, and I think I'm just going to start work early today.
  • Went to doc. I get a two day vacation, and everyone scrambling to disinfect an already disinfected facility. Always amuses me when I get a new person, they always have to look twice at my horse tonsils. Thank you strep, for the vacation I didn't want.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Drove to work with the motorcycle first time this year yesterday! It went well, except for the strong cold wind... which was uncomfortable.

Anyway, so today, the weather forecast is really good. Sunny, warmer, much less wind. Went to the bike and tried to start it... tried again... and again... no starting at all. :(
  • After six weeks of trying really hard to eat more (or so I thought), I have.... lost even more weight. Damnit. I fail at food :(
  • Thayan said:

After six weeks of trying really hard to eat more (or so I thought), I have.... lost even more weight. Damnit. I fail at food :(

Nothing easier than that, you can have a few kilos from me! :D

Being stressed at work, drinking lots of unhealthy, extremely sugared stuff to stay awake and not throttle stupid IT-Projektmanagement guys works wonders for your weight... unfortunately not in a positive way (for me).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Thayan said:

After six weeks of trying really hard to eat more (or so I thought), I have.... lost even more weight. Damnit. I fail at food :(

/mails you donuts
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Thayan said:

@Pectus does a brilliant job of cooking delicious things and making me eat, and I'm still losing weight (though much more slowly than I used to). Doesn't seem that bad until you realise I'm already under 100 pounds.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited April 2015
    My advice, as someone who previously ate next to nothing, then tried gorging myself to pack on a few pounds:

1) Get your thyroid checked out. If all seems well then
    2) Stop thinking that just food is going to make you gain weight, when your metabolism clearly does not want you to gain weight. You need a better diet. See a doctor (maybe the same one that checked up on your thyroid!), discuss adjusting your caloric intake and trying supplements for one of the many things you're probably skipping/deficient in.

This is all supposing, of course, you aren't dealing with something like a past/current eating disorder, in which case this is not the help you're looking for, and I can only offer my condolences.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/4704c338af54e9aa4721f2c89d3767b4/tumblr_mqxy6op7Xj1rth2h5o1_400.gif
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited April 2015
    Sitting at the emergency vet with Errabundus, whose hind legs keep giving out.
    I used to make cakes.

It might be a spinal issue. Scheduled a neuro exam, which may lead to an MRI, surgery, and a wheelchair.
    I used to make cakes.

• Tremula said:

Thayan said:

@Pectus does a brilliant job of cooking delicious things and making me eat, and I'm still losing weight (though much more slowly than I used to). Doesn't seem that bad until you realise I'm already under 100 pounds.
    Problem is, I can cook for him all I want, but someone with a history of anorexia who still struggles to eat enough isn't..really able to help someone who is struggling with the same.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Two nights ago, the church that I grew up in, which my family still worships at, was broken into. The burglars caused $10,000 to $15,000 worth of damage as they not only went for valuable things, but they smashed windows, broke open anything at all that was locked, and trashed anything they could. Thankfully, the neighborhood has shown amazing support, but the community is still in shock.

CBS News report on the break-in
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • The curse of the Hallifax chairman is upon me: Real Life Zitto has gained nearly ten pounds since the election.
  • Everiine said:

Two nights ago, the church that I grew up in, which my family still worships at, was broken into. The burglars caused $10,000 to $15,000 worth of damage as they not only went for valuable things, but they smashed windows, broke open anything at all that was locked, and trashed anything they could. Thankfully, the neighborhood has shown amazing support, but the community is still in shock.

CBS News report on the break-in

I hate vandals and thieves so damn much.  Need to bring back some old west justice.
    Stangmar - Retired

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    A statue of Mahatma Ghandi was defaced as part of an anti symbols of colonialism campaign.

I live in a country that has people who are so monumentally stupid, they think Ghandi was a British colonialist.

• I was just plain generally dissatisfied with all of life.  I mean I hated the world and everything in it.  My release? When I woke up I would seek out the nearest living thing... and kill it! The wife didn't like it, but I sure felt better and the feeling passed.  All I needed was a day or two of rest and now I'm
    ready and able.  Not sure if wrong thread, but seems superficially
    appropriate.
    </RANT>
    edited April 2015
    Did you just confess to murdering your wife?
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:

If she was sleeping next to you it's no wonder she didn't like it when you woke up and killed the nearest living thing.

Meh.  She got over it.  She has TWO eyes, you know.
    </RANT>
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Today I went into the gas station to pick up a drink and snack along with gas, have to prepay before pumping. I drove off without pumping my gas.

I feel like whenever I'm not at work these days, my brain is instantly on vacation. Why is everything non-work related so hard now, omg.

• The next person is going to be so pumped.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Silea said:

The next person is going to be so pumped.

...Was that a pun?