General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Fly strip? Buzzing usually means wings.
  • 1) I have mentioned I am a trainer, So it should come as no surprise that I try and eat healthy all the time, do not drink often, but I have my love for whiskey, and I do not eat junk food. Having said that, every person has a weakness, chocolate bars, chips, cake... mine is Dark Ginger Ale. My sister-in-law knows this, she is also an extreme coupon shopper... So every couple months she calls up my wife and says she has a gift basket for us.. this is usually 3 - 5 boxes of whatever excess stuff she has couponed up.. It also -always- has 5 - 6 two litre bottles of Dark Ginger Ale in it. I swear she is trying to force me to the dark side of junk food.

2) I twisted my knee the other day and today I could barely stand because it locked up so bad which means limited time in the gym, no running, and all I get to do is sit here and eye those bottles of Dark Ginger Ale suspiciously.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Time to take up swimming..?
  • Demartel said:
     do not drink often

Sorry, I stopped reading after this.
  • The new 'remix' of the Ghostbusters theme by Fall Out Boy and Missy Elliot.

MAKE IT STOOOOOP! >_< *hides*
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce said:
    6 CPhT CEs credits completed in 3 hours last night. Deadline is two days from now. 2 credits left. Bring it.
    So, finished all 20 CE credits, 15 of them in the last week in a mad dash to be ready to submit my credits tonight to recertify by tomorrow.

"Why is this in Dissatisfaction?", you ask, stoked for my success at cutting it under the wire.

Because as of May, without notice, my deadline was moved to October 1. I can't even submit for recertification until September. I only found out when I went to go put in the credits so I could pay them their pound of flesh for my livelihood. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Today, I found out that my plant manager said, and I quote, "I don't know why you quality control people just look at product and try to find something wrong with it."

Well, yes. That's my job, thanks, Of course, this is the same guy that thinks we'll get more done with less people.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So. One of my coworkers is out on maternity leave. To cover all her shifts, we hired a casual. Said casual has missed 11 of her 17 shifts and has given a variety of reasons to date. Often only with 3 hours notice that she can't/won't be coming in. She was also supposed to be doing 5 shifts a week. She just told our manager that she only wants two shifts a week. So my manager who is very sweet and is trying to make things work, etc, said okay. Got her to do her tuesday shift, asked me to cover wednesday, so the only other shift the casual needed to do was friday night. Which she has now called in to say she can't come in. We only have our manager (who cannot do extra shifts) me (who is now already working 7 days in a row because she's called in) and our other casual who has three children and cannot come in without notice. I can't do it anyway because I don't feel safe catching the bus or walking home alone at 9pm at night. Ugh. 

I'm so angry and frustrated, both for me, who is being used as a casual with very little notice and who feels too guilty to say no to the extra shifts, but is not getting paid a casual rate, and for my manager who is really stressed out. 

So far both my manager and myself have been forced to do full days of work without lunch covers and without bathroom or meal breaks because this woman isn't turning up, and we've been too busy to physically close the store. I've been sick for two weeks now, have just started my second job, and I'm so over it all already. 

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • Job hunting jitters. I recently put myself out on a limb and just hanging out. Friend said she thinks the boss saw it but nrgh. Waiting.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I got caught in the rain biking home for lunch :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here

Ymuli said:
    So. One of my coworkers is out on maternity leave. To cover all her shifts, we hired a casual. Said casual has missed 11 of her 17 shifts and has given a variety of reasons to date. Often only with 3 hours notice that she can't/won't be coming in. She was also supposed to be doing 5 shifts a week. She just told our manager that she only wants two shifts a week. So my manager who is very sweet and is trying to make things work, etc, said okay. Got her to do her tuesday shift, asked me to cover wednesday, so the only other shift the casual needed to do was friday night. Which she has now called in to say she can't come in. We only have our manager (who cannot do extra shifts) me (who is now already working 7 days in a row because she's called in) and our other casual who has three children and cannot come in without notice. I can't do it anyway because I don't feel safe catching the bus or walking home alone at 9pm at night. Ugh. 

I'm so angry and frustrated, both for me, who is being used as a casual with very little notice and who feels too guilty to say no to the extra shifts, but is not getting paid a casual rate, and for my manager who is really stressed out. 

So far both my manager and myself have been forced to do full days of work without lunch covers and without bathroom or meal breaks because this woman isn't turning up, and we've been too busy to physically close the store. I've been sick for two weeks now, have just started my second job, and I'm so over it all already. 

Honestly, this is on your manager. If one of my peeps missed 11 of 17 days of work with only a few hours notice, she'd be fired. No questions asked. You obviously can't count on her, and so she doesn't deserve to count on this job. Fire her and get another 'casual' (what a great term)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yeah, there's a few issues. I convinced her to hire a second casual so we can phase the first one out. It took a while but she agreed. I found us a girl who is reliable and will fit in with the team. But we needed our regional manager to sign off on it. That took a week before she asked him about it. Then the store that needs to send us the hiring paperwork still hasn't done it. This is week three of waiting for this paperwork. (The first casual found out we're hiring someone else and she's taken to glaring at the new girl we're hiring, as she already works at the store next to us) 

Our regional went on holiday for a month so we couldn't talk to him about the first girl. That made things harder. But honestly, yes. It IS on my manager, because she's letting her mental health get in the way of being an effective manager. I have empathy for her because I also have anxiety, but she just needs to chase things up and stop being afraid to make changes. She needs to talk to the girl we've been borrowing from another store and roster her on for some shifts every week. And then call around to see if we can find someone else who can be available. As slack as it is, she needs to stop relying on me to be the one to agree to cover every single time something happens. Or just accept that she needs to do the additional hours for right now herself. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hope you're getting good compensation/overtime pay.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Newp. I'm not a casual, so I don't get the higher rates, and overtime only comes in after a set number of hours rather than days. This is why I'm really annoyed. It's all lunch covers, so I only work for three hours, but it's enough to screw my entire day. I can't do anything in the morning because there's not enough time. And there's not much time to get stuff done after I finish, before it's too cold/dark to do anything else. It's just all the minor irritating things that contribute to make this situation crap. 
  • Well as soon as I find a new job I am quitting this vurrent one on the spot. Last pay period they shorted me 248 dollars. this pay they shorted me another 198 dollars even aftee I pointed out the mistake on the last pay cycle(whivh they never compensated me or)  anf had them pull up my timecard as proof
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If you're getting shorted money, and you can prove it, that's all sorts of illegal

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • yes, however I am afraid to do anything as it is an at will employment which means they can literally fire me for any reason. Until I find a new job I would be stupid to rock that boat.
  • Family troubles. Dad's taken ill.., nothing I can really do but the doc's actually coming to make a house call later today (and I'd find that totally neat if not for the circumstances). Sigh.

Also been agonizing about a personal project of mine, I know I'm over thinking it, but I just want it to be 'perfect' you know?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Did scheduling gymnastics to attend a wedding next week. Had received invitation while I was away, so roommate forwarded the info with the warning I had to RSVP in 24 hours as she was about to hop on a plane herself. Hurriedly skimmed it and thought ok I can make it.

Just realized the wedding isn't next week as I had thought. That was the deadline for booking a hotel, not the date to book the hotel.

The actual date of the wedding? I'm busy. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Still no freaking Internet. You'd think I moved to antartica, not country nsw. I am having so sorts of withdrawals and browsing on my phone IS NOT THE SAME WAAAH :((

• Went camping with my neices, was fun. WHy in dissatisfaction?
    Cuz Misquitoes where evrywhere, ALL THE TIme. Turns out campground[Fort Stevens] is in middle of marsh....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited July 2016
    The nerve of assholes expecting too much money for bullshit. I was about to go Willy Wonka and just say 

Hell, you probably OWE money. This is someone who I drove a total of 4 hours yesterday (2 there, 2 back) to go pick up, am committed to driving back to their house for another 4 hours tomorrow. Someone who has been staying free of charge at person' A's house (who is hosting this event at a bar they are newly part stakeholder in), eating their food for free. Who has been covered going out to eat at fast food at least twice. Who has had drinks bought for them. Who has had cigarettes bought for them. Who has been smoking other people's weed. All with the expectation that person a/the bar would pay (me) back. Who has basically benefited from the services of a dresser, a third friend who flew in from DC to stay with Person A but who spent all of tonight helping your loud and obnoxious ass. You do five okay drag numbers (like, okay) over the course of an event that includes... 8 other performers, some doing really involved shit.  Then at the end of the night, you go up to Person A as they (and I and a few others) are trying to clear out the space once it's closed and put everything back (which you are not helping with) and ask to be paid $100. Those other performers didn't get paid, and didn't ask (even though it was mentioned that they could have a cut of the cover).  I didn't get paid out that much directly from the cover/bar for all I did (which I'm not even going to list), and I'm nowhere near whole if you factor in even minimum wage for time put in, not to mention out of pocket purchases all over the place and all the 'lending'. 

That's because Person A is my good friend and I wanted this event to get off the ground in record time. That's why no one else is hitting them up for cash, because it's the same story with everyone. It's the first event and it really means a lot to Person A and to the space to do the kind of event we did and get new folks into the bar. It's why you, someone they knew when they lived 2 hours away, ostensibly came in and offered your time - to help a new recurring event start. There were a lot of mistakes and things left to chance because Person A isn't good at the fiddly details and I was sick as a dog confined to a bed for 4 days over this last week. Don't try to take advantage of that to... Why.. what... who the hell ARE you? Sit down.

If they push it at all tomorrow during their (free) 2 hour ride back to their house in another state, we're going to have it. The only reason I haven't directly had a stern talking to them is out of respect for Person A. 
  • Buried my grandmother today. Not much else to say, really.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Quitting this medication is kicking my butt. I'm so shaky all the time, it's driving me nuts. I hope it doesn't take too long to get past this and onto the next thing.
  • Makaela said:
    yes, however I am afraid to do anything as it is an at will employment which means they can literally fire me for any reason. Until I find a new job I would be stupid to rock that boat.
    Be smart about it, but once you've got a backup job or know you'll be working somewhere else, I would go after them over the lost wages.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm learning the hard way that what you think is a perfectly harmless thing to say can, in fact, really, really hurt someone, even if you don't know why. And that sometimes, there's no way available to take it back or make it right. And now you've lost a friend you never thought you would, and it eats you up inside.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Sometimes I really do believe that kindness is a radical act. It feels like such an anomaly in the world lately. I've been trying to look for it the past few days, but it can be hard to see it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Sometimes I really do believe that kindness is a radical act. It feels like such an anomaly in the world lately. I've been trying to look for it the past few days, but it can be hard to see it.
    I have noticed this as well. There are so many "groups" or "movements" forming on just being kind to others. Has general decency and kindness really gone? I mean there has always been an amount of bullying or racism in the world, but when I was growing up just being kind and decent to each other seemed to be the norm. Now we need to form Facebook groups to encourage each other to be nice.
  • John Cena is a bad actor :(
    Your numbers today are: