General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Sorry to hear that Stangmar. Best wishes mate.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • Thanks.  Apparently she had a heart attack and fell, whilst carrying drain cleaner.  She has some nasty burns on her hands.  She was life-flighted to Salt Lake City, and recussitated twice.  I didn't think she would make it through the night, but she is stable now.   Just waiting for news from folks.  She is in a coma right now.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    My great aunt passed away this morning. Not sure how I feel about this yet.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I'm so sorry to hear that Eritheyl.  

My grandma did end up passing this afternoon.  In addition to the heart attack and fall, she suffered 2 strokes either in transit or at the hospital.  This placed her into a coma and the brain damage was irreversible with a very low chance for survival.  She was taken off life support in accordance with what her own prior instruction(which included a DNR order).

All in all, I am not worried for her.  She is no longer in pain, and I have faith that I will see her again someday.  I am actually relieved that she is no longer in pain.  Her quality of life had taken a turn for the worst over the last few years.  She was widowed and homebound within a week of each other, and her health had been in decline since then.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Oh man :(  Both of you have our condolences, Stangmar and Eritheyl :(
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So apparently when large amounts of hair and facial hair get flash-burned off your head, the smell of rancid pork rinds that the event generates can be smelled for long distances.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

So apparently when large amounts of hair and facial hair get flash-burned off your head, the smell of rancid pork rinds that the event generates can be smelled for long distances.

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Can you take pictures in smellovision?!
  • edited March 2013
    So I'm getting my laptop looked at by a friend of a friend, who thinks he can re-socket the now loose video card (And he is a certified technician at least.). If he can, woo. If not, I get to either:

A. Send my Asus in to get repaired (probably around 350 dollars) or
    B. Uplift my desktop to current standards (Between 450 to 550 dollars).

Most notable however, is that I do not have the money for either of those.
  • I don't know if I want to stick with my major or not. :|
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Dynami said:
    I don't know if I want to stick with my major or not. :|
    I switched four times!
    edited March 2013
    Just got hit with that feeling of 'my life is going nowhere and I've amounted to nothing'.

DYNAMI :I

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Ssso I fixed my laptop myself. Took it apart (Incidentally, both very difficult and very fun.), resocketed the graphics card, put it back together (So many screws, it's like a bolted together pancake), and booted it back up. Gave it a wobble, no problems. Everything's all great, right?

"Warning, your copy of windows 7 may be counterfeit!"

This is the third issue in a row I've had to correct on this thing. It hasn't worked right for almost two weeks now. :(
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ssso I fixed my laptop myself. Took it apart (Incidentally, both very difficult and very fun.), resocketed the graphics card, put it back together (So many screws, it's like a bolted together pancake), and booted it back up. Gave it a wobble, no problems. Everything's all great, right?

This is the third issue in a row I've had to correct on this thing. It hasn't worked right for almost two weeks now. :(
    If your copy isn't counterfeit, you should have no trouble fixing that, can always call up MicroSoft support to have them walk you through it... and if you think a laptop is bad, try replacing the battery on an iPhone. :)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Ssso I fixed my laptop myself. Took it apart (Incidentally, both very difficult and very fun.), resocketed the graphics card, put it back together (So many screws, it's like a bolted together pancake), and booted it back up. Gave it a wobble, no problems. Everything's all great, right?

If your copy isn't counterfeit, you should have no trouble fixing that, can always call up MicroSoft support to have them walk you through it... and if you think a laptop is bad, try replacing the battery on an iPhone. :)
    Eh, it's not so much the difficulty of the fix as the fact that something keeps going wrong. It's frustrating to fix one problem, and then have another crop up shortly thereafter.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited March 2013
    In need of a job, due to having to quit the job I was at in February.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ...well I fixed the windows issue, and then what happened?

I don't even know. But my drivers are all up to date, my ram is being engaged properly, my CPUs are spinning up properly, my memory is fine, my hard drive is fine, my hardware benchmarks fine, and yet games that I should be running with ease are stuttering and suffer from poor FPS.
  • It could be your video card Kia. Download Furmark (careful of the google results on that). It's a video card stress tester. It will run diagnostics on your card and report back what it's found after running it hot for awhile. It will help determine what might be wrong.

Also just because your RAM is engaging doesn't mean there is enough left to run your games. Which games are you playing, how much RAM do you have, and how much is used when your OS is sitting idle? (Ctrl+shift+esc will have a memory usage percentage at the bottom)

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • Non-laptop related dissatisfaction.

I haven't heard from one of my friends in almost a week and a half. I'm getting somewhat worried. :(
  • I busted my ass doing all of the grocery shopping, by myself, for two people. And then paying for dinner for us. And then hauling in all of the groceries. And I get rewarded with having an unopened yogurt cup thrown at me, it hurt, and it exploded. Close range. I have a goddamn bruise. This is also a regular occurance, which is why I'm moving out and leaving the old hag to fend for herself. Yay life.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • So sick today. Please don't be strep, pleeeease don't be strep.
  • I think Wal-Mart is trying to tell me not to shop online anymore.  They keep cancelling my order citing an error in processing my credit card.  Go to hell Wal-Mart, my card works everywhere else.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I have been sick all week. I hate being sick. I never get sick.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Everiine said:
    I have been sick all week. I hate being sick. I never get sick.
    There definitely seems to be something going around - My boss got laryngitis and the flu at the same time last week (nasty as all hell when you have BOTH...), I ended up getting the flu a couple of days ago and now my girlfriend has come down with a fever and has been bedridden most of the day :(
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Some of my classmates were also hit by whatever I have, but they seem to have a worse version of it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Had the superflu for a while (somewhere between two weeks and a month), and it smoothly transitioned to constant-nausea-caused-by-being-anxious-over-being-nauseous. So I've been feeling like utter poop since the tail end of February.

-

• I'm feelin a bit stuck in a rut, nearly broke, and gettin a bit more photosensitive each week. Blah.
  • You messed with the wrong damn country, Boston bomber.  Wrong damn country.
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited April 2013
    I'm not sure how it happened, but my septum ring opened up and now I can't get the bead to stick. Welp. Just gotta wait a couple of days and I will get the necessary tools.

EDIT: I fixed it! Yay! It only took a little bit of violence.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.