General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    They actually told me they needed more than just that. Besides which I have little trust in their competence (like the fact that I never got any notices before it happened), so I'll just give them all the things. 

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • For the last few years I believed the myth that your car insurance rates will go down when you turn 25.

Turned 25 earlier this month. Mine went up.  

Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My general dissatisfaction--I'm older than Stangmar. This shocks me :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    When I turned 25, I saved over $100 a month on car insurance, no joke

I also had an accident fall off at the same time.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Synkarin said:

I'm going to guess that the latter was more important than the former. I still haven't noticed my insurance premiums reduce any since I started driving.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Certain discussions on these forums make me so very uncomfortable that I feel awkward even looking at them. 

The only analogy I can make is of an old rich person who lacks extensive sociological or psychological training and has never spent a moment of their life poor trying to psychoanalyze the collective group of poor people. Meanwhile, an actually poor person sitting on the sidelines, watching this old rich person talk about what it means to be poor, why people are poor, what in their lives went into their being poor, et cetera.

It's not that it's not their right to speak on their subject, objectively, everyone has a right to their words. But subjectively it just feels so wrong. So very, very wrong.
  • 4th time in less than a year that the draft engine in my furnace has died -.- and this time had 2 inches of snow when it decided to kick the can. Gah! something else is defiantly going on to keep killing this part and they need to find out what! D:
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I hope it's not me you're talking about @Selenity‌ :(
  • Been insulted and called horrible names because I would not jump at the drop of a needle today.

Each day I like people less and dogs more
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    long hours and so many calls on a rotation I hate is honestly getting me into burnout
  • Been getting dizzy spells that have been getting worse and more frequent over the last week. Also very brief, but moderate 'stabby' chest pains where most people think the heart is. (I know where the heart actually is, and it's not my heart, but I can't for the life of me think of anything actually THERE except lungs and chest wall. And stabby pain there isn't much better)
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Doctor?
  • Everiine said:
    My general dissatisfaction--I'm older than Stangmar. This shocks me :( .
    I didn't think people saw me as an older person.  I guess it comes from being 25 but looking 17, lol.   I was 14 when I first joined Lusternia(during beta)....that's weird to think.

Synkarin said:

Lucky.  It must be the accident.  I have had a perfect driving record since I got my license.  No accidents, no tickets.   Maybe they're thinking I'm about due for one.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Wouldn't joke about that man.  With how the drivers in Vegas are, the various gods/system of cosmic vengeance/karma that one believes in will catch up to you.
  • You make a very good point.  

Man...fuck the drivers here. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Been getting dizzy spells that have been getting worse and more frequent over the last week. Also very brief, but moderate 'stabby' chest pains where most people think the heart is. (I know where the heart actually is, and it's not my heart, but I can't for the life of me think of anything actually THERE except lungs and chest wall. And stabby pain there isn't much better)
    I had these. The best my doctor could tell me was they were symptoms of anxiety. They were also the cause of my anxiety, so... That was a bad year. Still, get checked. For peace of mind if nothing else.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Need to find a low cost/free clinic to get checked at then, previous health insurance is mostly unpaid and invalid anyway since it was for the state of AZ, not NC, and if I applied for coverage right now I'd get denied since I'll be eligible for coverage anyway in the next month or two =/
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Daraius said:
    Been getting dizzy spells that have been getting worse and more frequent over the last week. Also very brief, but moderate 'stabby' chest pains where most people think the heart is. (I know where the heart actually is, and it's not my heart, but I can't for the life of me think of anything actually THERE except lungs and chest wall. And stabby pain there isn't much better)
    I had these. The best my doctor could tell me was they were symptoms of anxiety. They were also the cause of my anxiety, so... That was a bad year. Still, get checked. For peace of mind if nothing else.
    ^ this. Two ER visits with the hubby before he finally listened to me (and, you know, the hospital staff/doctors) and took to believing that he has an anxiety disorder, and not small heart attacks at the age of 23. Gods, nothing beats sitting front seat in an ambulance in smiley face pajamas at 4am because he's too anxious to believe in his own anxiety.

#thestruggle
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'd never experienced an anxiety attack (or even any real anxiety) before about that age. It all began with a weird twinge in my chest on my drive home from work, which caused a little pump of adrenaline, which caused a little tingling sensation, and from there every single bodily sensation felt like the end. It's hard not to believe your brain when it thinks you're actually dying. But I'm better now, since I decided to become healthy by sheer force of will.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    But I'm better now, since I decided to become healthy by sheer force of will.
    My brothah. Given that I can't afford insurance/doctors/first-world heretical medicine, this is my approach. I'm still alive (!), and major-attack free for somewhere going on two years. Crippling mood swings, different story, but that's a whole 'nother department to be purged in time.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Daraius said:
    I'd never experienced an anxiety attack (or even any real anxiety) before about that age. It all began with a weird twinge in my chest on my drive home from work, which caused a little pump of adrenaline, which caused a little tingling sensation, and from there every single bodily sensation felt like the end. It's hard not to believe your brain when it thinks you're actually dying. But I'm better now, since I decided to become healthy by sheer force of will.
    Mind over matter!
    is dead like the dodo
  • Okay, up to a certain limit.

Anxiety and depression are life long companions of mine.

I got them -mostly- fixed by visiting a Councillor (*cough* Witch doctor *cough* now that I look back on it) in the NHS down where I'm at. I suspect she broke a few things in my head by stressing me out and triggering my sore points.

About half of it is physical triggered by the environment or lifestyle. 

I can say this is absolute certainty: you can train yourself to function through a panic attack. Just don't expect to be able to function at a high level when you're having one. 

is dead like the dodo
  • Why are the forums (c) Iron Realms Entertainment 2012.

My IG general dissatisfactions: Level : 67 (60.01%)    <--- I died to Aslarans in the Grey Moors yesterday. I'm terribad at bashing, and super lazy about it to boot.
      I love being Dracnari, it is the cornerstone of my RP and everything I love about Simimi as a character comes from that, but that level 2 sip malus is so so so heartbreaking. Especially as a warrior. I'm sad to say I have been tempted to use my free race change and get a hat, but it just feel so dirty.

My AFK general dissatisfaction: I've been working really hard to improve myself physically. I'm currently 6'2" (188cms) and 225 lbs (102kg.) After working at it 3+ times a week for six months now, I still can't do a single full, slow pull-up with nice form. I dislocated my shoulder at work in December of last year and it is still giving me lots of trouble. Seriously, after six months of trying to do anything you should be able to hop to it no problem. The Internet lied to me.

• With my weight I wish I was your height.  I'm 5'8" and 235ish.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I live with two other 20 somethings and we rent a basement. The people above also rent except they're a 40+ married couple. Us 20 somethings? Complete nerds mostly quiet never loud past 11 or 12 except for like twice a year. The upstairs? It's 2am here and they're shouting and stomping. This is a regular occurrence, like twice a week regular occurrence, like it happens on wednesdays. Who parties on wednesdays? Why is it the older people having the loud parties? I want to sleep. T_T 
  • I hate working tech support. Only two more weeks and this hell will be over.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • They were going to euthanize my dog today
     they went to pick him up to get him in the car and he was already dead
  • Simimi said:

My AFK general dissatisfaction: I've been working really hard to improve myself physically. I'm currently 6'2" (188cms) and 225 lbs (102kg.) After working at it 3+ times a week for six months now, I still can't do a single full, slow pull-up with nice form. I dislocated my shoulder at work in December of last year and it is still giving me lots of trouble. Seriously, after six months of trying to do anything you should be able to hop to it no problem. The Internet lied to me.

Being tall is a disadvantage for doing pull-ups too. At the same height, I managed to get close to being able to do them, then eventually decided it'd be easier to lose 10 lbs than get strong enough to do them at the weight I was >_> Worked though - got up to 4 before I lost interest/got lazy about it.  b-(