What are you playing?

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xanward said:
    Does anyone else play www.faerytaleonline.com?

It's got an enormous wait until you can actually play but I find the rp really in depth and there is some really fun world building going on in some places.
    I'm #2 in the birth queue. I've been waiting like....3 months+.

I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei VI.
    You wait THREE MONTHS before you can START PLAYING? Well, there goes my interest.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Xanward said:

It's got an enormous wait until you can actually play but I find the rp really in depth and there is some really fun world building going on in some places.

You wait THREE MONTHS before you can START PLAYING? Well, there goes my interest.
    I did say enormous wait time. You're born into the world and to be born into the world someone has to get pregnant. So basicly how long you're waiting for depends on how fast people are at making babies which isn't very fast and that's on top of the 100+ wait line.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Xanward said:

Yeah, waiting to be born is an idea that sounds like a cool idea, until it's actually implimented...
  • Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, its even better than I thought. IM me if you want to play sometime :D
  • Daylight by zombie studios
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Shadows of Mordor, 80 Days, Divinity, and thinking about finally beating Persona... 4? The crazy glasses one with the bear.
    How is Choice of Robots?  I picked it up over the holidays since it looked neat and I've been really enjoying Sorcery 1&2 and 80 Days on my phone.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Xanward said:

I did say enormous wait time. You're born into the world and to be born into the world someone has to get pregnant. So basicly how long you're waiting for depends on how fast people are at making babies which isn't very fast and that's on top of the 100+ wait line.
    So you start as an infant or something? That does not sound fun at all.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Riluna said:.
    So you start as an infant or something? That does not sound fun at all.
    Sure it does, if someone pisses you off, you can piss on them, and nobody's going to be mad accept the person pissed on. Everyone else will just be like "aww look at the baby being a baby, I think it means they like you!"
  • I found it fun the first time but after the novel feeling of it went away and now it's a bit annoying being a baby. When you start actually being able to talk things get more interesting and it's even funner when you have siblings to terrorize. Ah... I mean play with.
  • edited January 2015
    @Drocilla pull the trigger on Sunless Sea. All reports indicate if you liked Fallen London you will like Sunless Sea.

@Ileein Fallen London is great. It is a rare original setting. 

As Tarkenton pointed out, 80 days is fantastic. How fantastic you ask? 

Awards from TIME, New Yorker, Metacritic, Apple, Pocket Tactics, IGN, theguardian, and the list goes on. Also inkle keeps updating it. Latest was a North Pole Christmas update.

It has about half a million words of story, 150 cities and ten thousand choices.  I enjoy studying its structure.  If my memory serves the inkle team wrote 80 days as a fun project in between Sorcery adaptations and it just sort of exploded. 

--

When it comes to iOS games I appreciate the analysis of the reviewers at Pocket Tactics (UK based).

If you are looking for other interactive fiction, I recommend Heavy Metal Thunder (Cubus Games).

It starts out as space survival-horror and breaks into the genre Grim Awesome, which is a mix of Grimdark and crowdsurfing with your favorite metal band while electrified and on acid.  Think of the theme as a bit of The Last of Us (without the zombies) and Heinland's Starship Troopers. 

The sequel Sol Invictus just came out. 

The writer is Kyle B. Stiff. I'm not sure if that is a joke. 

80 Days also handles romance far better than Bioware ever did, save perhaps for Iron Bull.
  • Seconding @Drocilla that Choice of Robots is great.
  • Isune said:
    Seconding @Drocilla that Choice of Robots is great.
    And thirded. I'm currently enjoying Choice of the Vampire myself, though. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I was addicted to 'A dark room' last night.  Anyone played?
  • Ellowyn said:
    I was addicted to 'A dark room' last night.  Anyone played?
    Yes. Once the amusement from the "press button to get dopamine rush" wore off and I opened the map section I got bored and read a synopsis of the game.  Glad I did. Saved me time and the programmer is a bit of a pretentious dick given his opinions since 'A dark room' is more a low hanging fruit Skinner Box and barely a game.  If you are going to have grandiose opinions of yourself, accomplish something difficult, novel or both.    

Tarkenton said:
    80 Days also handles romance far better than Bioware ever did, save perhaps for Iron Bull.
    Hmm. Are you talking about the Orient Express arc?  I've played two full playthroughs of 80 days, which means I've only seen about 10% of the content.  If its the Orient Express then yes that romance was just brilliantly written.  Nuanced and subtle from a personal interaction standpoint and gorgeous in how it wove in backstory details.  The "star" the Mongol lady invited him to see was an extremely well done scene. 
    Nope. North Pole trip. :D
  • The starveling cat, the starveling cat!
  • Kalnid said:
    The starveling cat, the starveling cat!
    Why does it look at us like that?
  • Can't wait for this to be released:

• edited January 2015
    Ha! Called fire emblem before it even showed the pegasus knights. I didn't know another one was coming out. :D

Edit: And they animated the feet this time!
  • Finished ME2 a while ago. Now making my way through the Dishonored DLC before I decide to start on 3 or kick more shorts plays off of the list. I really loved Dishonored, the world is just so appealing and at the same time brutal. It's a really great stealth game too, and some of the abilities you get are just, well, you've got to see them for yourself really.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Finished ME2 a while ago. Now making my way through the Dishonored DLC before I decide to start on 3 or kick more shorts plays off of the list. I really loved Dishonored, the world is just so appealing and at the same time brutal. It's a really great stealth game too, and some of the abilities you get are just, well, you've got to see them for yourself really.

If you ever do finish ME3, make damn sure you get the (free) Director's Cut DLC beforehand. Just saying.

Dishonored was way too hard for me to finish, personally, even if I did like the setting. Someday I'm going to have to try that one again. :)

• Riluna said:
    Rialorm said:
    Finished ME2 a while ago. Now making my way through the Dishonored DLC before I decide to start on 3 or kick more shorts plays off of the list. I really loved Dishonored, the world is just so appealing and at the same time brutal. It's a really great stealth game too, and some of the abilities you get are just, well, you've got to see them for yourself really.

If you ever do finish ME3, make damn sure you get the (free) Director's Cut DLC beforehand. Just saying.

Dishonored was way too hard for me to finish, personally, even if I did like the setting. Someday I'm going to have to try that one again. :)
    Yeah, I got the DLC sorted as per recommendations on that.

As for Dishonored, don't feel bad about playing it on the lowest difficulty, especially if you are going for low chaos / no detection. I always do that one first because I am weird like that. Does mean you have to sacrifice some runes and all, so the game automatically gets harder. I love the thrill though of being in a new unknown area and looking for all the hidden passages and stuff. Then later on I'll run it again on normal and go high chaos and just murderize everything in the most horrible fashion because duh chaos! I loved how the main game changed based on your chaos level, I expect it to be the same for the DLC.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I spent so much time restarting missions or save scumming to get the perfect 'everyone dead, no one noticed' type clears. 
  • I played with Sunless sea for a few minutes but didn't enjoy it as much as I expected from the trailers. Maybe I need to try again...

These days I'm on Payday 2 here and there. I will leave this addicting video here. :)

• I'm all about Don't Starve these days. Tiny Gorey-esque characters, werebeavers, and sandbox play with a sweet insanity mechanic? Yes please.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!