What are you playing?

Comments

• Agree all parts of Iowa are sub-realms
  • Dwarf Fortress reports

Re: Bug Fixes

"

Toady One posted:

I fixed a calendar crash, and a crash with children socializing that typically happened when children arrived with immigrant waves. I patched out an adventure corruption crash, but I haven't gotten to the heart of it yet. I've fixed the problem with the "Worship!" activity not branching into specific activities that satisfy needs (so people will actually use your temples properly now). Temples in the location list show their deity now. Vampires are not outed on the occupation list."
    "With the release come the bugs, and with the bugs come the fixes! I've corrected what is hopefully the cause of all the world generation freezes (an uninitialized poetry refrain index...), and I fixed a problem causing worlds not to reproduce correctly with the same seed. I also fixed the older bug causing constructions to crash when placed over tree tiles. There are still more crashes to check, so I'm going to continue to work on 42.02 for a few more days, and then I'll put it up. Then I'll continue on with bug fixes."
    To translate this the latter comment into English, this means that (I think) poetry initialization is essential to World Generation in Dwarf Fortress. You are welcome Portius. 
    Further reports from the field: 
    -A dwarf child is playing make believe in the midst of a bunch of corpses and body parts outside the main gate while sitting in a pile of vomit.
    -I built a temple to a festival god, The Plate of Snacking. The first statue that went up was of roaches.

• I'm not actually playing this... but had to share it:

One of the product reviews go like this: "I made a kid cry on omegle for saying I would eat his parents as the demon."

• Does sudoku count for this? I recently bought a few jigsaw sudoku books, and they're lots of fun.

If that doesn't count, I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on my PS2 off-and-on for a month or so now.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited December 2015
    Kurut said:
    Does sudoku count for this? I recently bought a few jigsaw sudoku books, and they're lots of fun.

If that doesn't count, I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on my PS2 off-and-on for a month or so now.
    As someone who used to play a lot of sudoku, I'll say it counts. :D

I need to finish Nocturne! I was decently far into it, but then I moved which threw off my momentum, and I stopped playing. It's been nearly two years now, so I'll probably end up starting over if I do decide to pick it back up. But I should sometime.
  • Phoebus said:
    As someone who used to play a lot of sudoku, I'll say it counts. :D

I need to finish Nocturne! I was decently far into it, but then I moved which threw off my momentum, and I stopped playing. It's been nearly two years now, so I'll probably end up starting over if I do decide to pick it back up. But I should sometime.
    It's soooooo grindy, but so good! I absolutely love the atmosphere and the music.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I ACTUALLY AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • If you buy it please write a opinion
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    What Sylandra said, but louder.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • @Emar too. See above. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I appreciate the thought, truly, but why was I tagged on that? Call me when Dog Lawyer transcends memedom and becomes a game. :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Heathen. Ps @Phoebus lets get excited.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I recently got gifted a copy of Monaco. It's a fun multiplayer heist game that I play with some friends and we're all terrible. There is lots of running around and panicking and setting off all the alarms and shooting dogs and guards with sedatives.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm sorry, just to be clear...this is a "video game" about bird lawyers?
  • This is worse than Boxbot.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Ieptix said:
    This is worse than Boxbot.

I call fowl
  • edited December 2015
    What is that game @Silvanus posted a screenshot of?
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited December 2015
    Arix said:
    What is that game @Silvanus posted a screenshot of?
    That's Crusader Kings II, found at http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/

He's playing with a mod since you can't otherwise play in America.
    edited December 2015
    Celina said:
    I'm sorry, just to be clear...this is a "video game" about bird lawyers?
    Yes. (Technically a visual novel in the style of Phoenix Wright, starring French bird lawyers from the 1840s.)

There's mystery! Suspense! Red herrings!
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I would like to know what mod @Silvanus was using.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    The Mod is After the End, it's still in beta stage but I haven't encountered many bugs, just some religions are not too fleshed out and not compatible with other mods.

Post apocalypse America, with Catholics, Evangelicals, atomicists, Americanists, Amish, Consumerists, voodoo and a host of other religions. Japanese and Russians invade the west coast, the British come back. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Shadow Fight 2 is pretty cool!

I like the newer micro-transaction games that don't use an 'energy' mechanic, so I can grind out gold for stuff.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Just started playing Undertale. I'm not too far into it yet, but so far I rate it Dogs out of Ten. Because the dogs in this game are adorable. Also a lot of the humor is right up the somewhat off-kilter alley I like to hang out in, so I appreciate.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Underrail. Think Fallout 1/2. Much fun. Galactic Civilizations 3. 4x in space, much fun. Crypt of the Necrodancer. Not good at it yet, but I'm getting there. Diablo 3. Finished the season rewards, rolling around on a free different characters to see what I'll play next season. Mariokart 8. Holy crap 200cc.
    From a measly Count, I haven risen to a Duke in Scotland in Crusader Kings II. Playing House Stewart looking at House Dunkeld like,
    Coming for your Scottish crown, dudes.
    Daraius said:
  • Tarkenton said:
    Underrail. Think Fallout 1/2. Much fun. Galactic Civilizations 3. 4x in space, much fun. Crypt of the Necrodancer. Not good at it yet, but I'm getting there. Diablo 3. Finished the season rewards, rolling around on a free different characters to see what I'll play next season. Mariokart 8. Holy crap 200cc.
    Sell me a bit more on Underrail @Tarkenton