Curio Exchange - A website to aid in the trading of curio pieces

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Bumping the thread as a reminder for people to update their lists. And because I just updated mine. I'm one piece away from my first genie bottle! :D
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I noticed that when one's doing a full import, it doesn't purge their existing pieces, just adds the new import on top of what was already there. Might be a good idea to have a checkbox or somesuch to purge first before reimporting. Anyone with over 200 pieces will find it unwieldy to update otherwise. As to marionette bits...

Milkmaid Marionette:

Head Of A Milkmaid MarionetteComplete
    Upper Torso Of A Milkmaid MarComplete
    Lower Torso Of A Milkmaid MarComplete
    Left Arm Of A Milkmaid MarionMissing
    Right Arm Of A Milkmaid MarioComplete
    Left Leg Of A Milkmaid MarionComplete
    Right Leg Of A Milkmaid MarioComplete
    Bottle Of A Milkmaid MarionetComplete
    Apron Of A Milkmaid MarionettMissing
    Strings Of A Milkmaid MarioneComplete

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited December 2014
    Woo.

I might attempt this again soon.

EDIT: Man, if everyone else's lists are up to date then I have like 25 pieces that Thayan alone is looking for. Where are all you people?!

Lots of errors follow:

The piece Dove Mask Dove Mask Head does not yet exist in the database. The piece Harlequin Mask Harlequin Mask Head does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dr does not yet exist in the database. The piece Thyme Bottle Fifth Pinch Of Thyme does not yet exist in the database. The piece Turmeric Bottle Second Pinch Of Turmeric does not yet exist in the database. The piece Rapacious Rattlesnak Snake Fangs does not yet exist in the database. The piece Jewelled Lily Eighth Petal does not yet exist in the database. The piece Relish Bottle Sixth Squirt Of Relish does not yet exist in the database. The piece Nutmeg Bottle Empty Nutmeg Bottle does not yet exist in the database. The piece Anise Bottle Fifth Pinch Of Anise does not yet exist in the database. The piece Guacamole Bottle Fifth Cup Of Guacamole does not yet exist in the database. The piece Princess Marionette Head Of A Princess Marionet does not yet exist in the database. The piece Ombre Updo Fifth Lock Of Ombre Updo does not yet exist in the database. The piece Soldier Marionette Lower Torso Of A Soldier Ma does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Of Decorated Dreadlock does not yet exist in the database. The piece Soldier Marionette Strings Of A Soldier Marion does not yet exist in the database. The piece Farmer Marionette Strings Of A Farmer Marione does not yet exist in the database. The piece Zombie Marionette Rot Of A Zombie Marionette does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Of Decorated Dreadlock does not yet exist in the database. The piece Spiked Blonde Hair Eighth Lock Of Spiked Blond does not yet exist in the database. The piece Sage Bottle Empty Sage Bottle does not yet exist in the database. The piece Rainbow Plumes Eighth Lock Of Rainbow Plum does not yet exist in the database. The piece Red Bottle First Cup Of Red Sprinkles does not yet exist in the database. The piece Prince Marionette Upper Torso Of A Prince Mar does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blonde Hair In Chign None Lock Of Blonde Hair does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blond Pigtails Eighth Lock Of Blond Pigtai does not yet exist in the database. The piece Rainbow Plumes Eighth Lock Of Rainbow Plum does not yet exist in the database. The piece Fiery Red Curls Eighth Lock Of Fiery Red Cu does not yet exist in the database. The piece Spiked Blonde Hair Eighth Lock Of Spiked Blond does not yet exist in the database. The piece Crimson Soft Mane Eighth Lock Of Crimson Soft does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blonde Hair In Chign None Lock Of Blonde Hair does not yet exist in the database. The piece Purple Mohawk Eighth Lock Of Purple Mohaw does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Dyed Purp None Lock Of Black Hair D does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Pulled In None Lock Of Black Hair P does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dr does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Fiery Red Curls Eighth Lock Of Fiery Red Cu does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Curled Blonde Hair Eighth Lock Of Curled Blond does not yet exist in the database. The piece Crimson Soft Mane Eighth Lock Of Crimson Soft does not yet exist in the database. The piece Wild Pink Hair Eighth Lock Of Wild Pink Ha does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated D does not yet exist in the database. The piece Curled Blonde Hair Eighth Lock Of Curled Blond does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blond Pigtails Eighth Lock Of Blond Pigtai does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Dyed Purp None Lock Of Black Hair Dy does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Spiky Black Hair Eighth Lock Of Spiky Black does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Fiery Red Curls Eighth Lock Of Fiery Red Cu does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated D does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blond Pigtails Eighth Lock Of Blond Pigtai does not yet exist in the database. The piece Fiery Red Curls Eighth Lock Of Fiery Red Cu does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dr does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dr does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Salt Bottle Empty Salt Bottle does not yet exist in the database. The piece Princess Marionette Lower Torso Of A Princess M does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blonde Hair In Chign None Lock Of Blonde Hair I does not yet exist in the database. The piece Chestnut Hair Base Of Chestnut Hair does not yet exist in the database. The piece Azure Fins Eighth Lock Of Azure Fins does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Violet Hair With Ban None Of Violet Hair With Ba does not yet exist in the database.

I'm assuming some of the capture script is derping in there because it's not recognizing hair pieces properly, it looks like.

It also takes an ungodly amount of time to delete a piece/multiple pieces. Might be doing a query with a WHERE that is going through an unindexed field.... either that or it's running too many queries to delete pieces. If you like, I can give some tips and pointers on how to speed the process there up a bit. Drop me a msg.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • The source is on Github so if you want to take a look then go ahead. Would appreciate it.

As for the pieces there's a few different reasons there, from bits I miss to names being cut off to the Decorated Dreadlocks having the noun None in the name. The name cutoff is annoying but I can find a solution to it, will just need some thinking and probably restructuring. Any clue though how the word none got into the Decorated Dreadlocks pieces? I checked the database but it is fine on my end. It's actually in some other pieces as well upon closer look.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    edited December 2014
    Rialorm said:
    The source is on Github so if you want to take a look then go ahead. Would appreciate it.

As for the pieces there's a few different reasons there, from bits I miss to names being cut off to the Decorated Dreadlocks having the noun None in the name. The name cutoff is annoying but I can find a solution to it, will just need some thinking and probably restructuring. Any clue though how the word none got into the Decorated Dreadlocks pieces? I checked the database but it is fine on my end. It's actually in some other pieces as well upon closer look.
    The problem is that there is only a single space between collection and the dreadlock item name. The collection is none... i.e. not in a collection.

EDIT: I actually didn't even realize it was in C. It's been years since I've touched that and I'm confused trying to locate anything in there. :D

The only thing that comes to mind in this situation is... can you show me the queries it uses when deleting pieces? I'll have a look and tell you what you could do to optimize speed on the database side, at least.

• Oh durr, the regexp probably fails for that. I thought I had that covered. Could you post me how the dreadlock pieces look in CURIOS PIECES?

For reference, my regexp: \d+ +(?:Piece|Rare) +((?:\w+ ?)+) +\w+ +((?:\w+ ?)+)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    edited December 2014
    Two different types of dreadlocks coming right up:

25234   Piece    Decorated Dreadlocks None         Fourth Lock Of Decorated Dr
    30256   Piece    Blue-Black Dreadlock None         Third Lock Of Blue-black Dr

(I hate the formatting on the standard forums font)

Yeap, that regex captures "none" as the item name and then the lock number gets ditched from the whole thing, thinking it's the collection name...

• edited December 2014
    [\d ]{7} [\w\s]{8} ([\w\s-']{20}) [\w\s-']{12} ([\w\s-']{0,27})

Will be my new regexp, since colum widths are fixed and shorter nouns are padded with spaces. If anyone knows how to simplify that, please do share. Round brackets are there intentionally since I need to capture set name and piece name :)
  • @Rialorm Is there any possibility you can add in 'I forgot my password' sort of deal? Due to the complexity, I've totally forgot about mine. I'm wondering if this can be added somehow?
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Arien said:
    @Rialorm Is there any possibility you can add in 'I forgot my password' sort of deal? Due to the complexity, I've totally forgot about mine. I'm wondering if this can be added somehow?
    Yep, that is the current critical issue I've got to work on together with fixing the importing, soon as I find some time for it in my overfilled todo list. For now if you want I can delete your account but that will mean all your wanted and owned pieces will be gone as well. This has actually been a good lesson in how I should have taken the trouble in advance to set that up because I've had to help several people now. I do suggest a password manager like LastPass to stick all your complex passwords in (just have to remember your main PW then).
  • edited December 2014
    Ok, I am attempting to update my lists, but. Seems half of mine will not list. I am working on messaging on what those lists are. If you are looking for something I am down to 307 curio pieces. Message me, or talk to me IG. I put things on an ad there, but those are not all I am looking for. And I will do random trades if that is what it takes.

Edit: Yes my list is very close to Elanorwen's

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Rialorm said:
    Arien said:
    @Rialorm Is there any possibility you can add in 'I forgot my password' sort of deal? Due to the complexity, I've totally forgot about mine. I'm wondering if this can be added somehow?
    Yep, that is the current critical issue I've got to work on together with fixing the importing, soon as I find some time for it in my overfilled todo list. For now if you want I can delete your account but that will mean all your wanted and owned pieces will be gone as well. This has actually been a good lesson in how I should have taken the trouble in advance to set that up because I've had to help several people now. I do suggest a password manager like LastPass to stick all your complex passwords in (just have to remember your main PW then).
    That sounds like a great idea, seeing as much of mine is out of date.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • I've created a new account as ArienSiarluin. Hopefully @Rialorm shall delete the previous. I've updated everything thanks to the new features added! Thanks. :)
    -
    -
    I write things
  • The piece Turmeric Bottle Fourth Pinch Of Turmeric does not yet exist in the database. The piece Fae Knight Mask Fae Knight Left Cheek does not yet exist in the database. The piece Love Bottle Empty Love Bottle does not yet exist in the database. The piece Pixie Cut Fifth Lock Of Pixie Cut does not yet exist in the database. The piece Dove Mask Dove Upper Beak does not yet exist in the database.

Just for updating the database. Which I must say, is amazing.
    -
    -
    I write things
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So I decided I should update and got a massive list of missing pieces. Sorry in advance!

The piece Relish Bottle First Squirt Of Relish does not yet exist in the database. The piece Spiky Black Hair Eighth Lock Of Spiky Black does not yet exist in the database. The piece Princess Marionette Strings Of A Princess Mario does not yet exist in the database. The piece Frog Marionette Strings Of A Frog Marionett does not yet exist in the database. The piece Cardamom Bottle Second Pinch Of Cardamom does not yet exist in the database. The piece Kelpie Mask Kelpie Right Cheek does not yet exist in the database. The piece Kelpie Mask Kelpie Mask Strap does not yet exist in the database. The piece Spiky Black Hair Eighth Lock Of Spiky Black does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blond Pigtails Eighth Lock Of Blond Pigtai does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Pulled In None Lock Of Black Hair Pu does not yet exist in the database. The piece Emerald Silvery Hair None Lock Of Emerald Silve does not yet exist in the database. The piece Silky Sable Hair Eighth Lock Of Silky Sable does not yet exist in the database. The piece Long White Hair Eighth Lock Of Long White H does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Dyed Purp None Lock Of Black Hair D does not yet exist in the database. The piece Violet Hair With Ban None Lock Of Violet Hair does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blonde Hair In Chign None Lock Of Blonde Hair does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Dyed Purp None Lock Of Black Hair D does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Dyed Purp None Lock Of Black Hair Dy does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blonde Hair In Chign None Lock Of Blonde Hair I does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Dyed Purp None Lock Of Black Hair Dy does not yet exist in the database. The piece Violet Hair With Ban None Of Violet Hair With Ba does not yet exist in the database. The piece Azure Fins Eighth Lock Of Azure Fins does not yet exist in the database. The piece Squonk Mask Squonk Snout does not yet exist in the database. The piece Green Bottle Fourth Cup Of Green Sprinkl does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated D does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dr does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Emerald Silvery Hair None Lock Of Emerald Silve does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Pulled In None Lock Of Black Hair Pu does not yet exist in the database. The piece Emerald Silvery Hair None Lock Of Emerald Silve does not yet exist in the database. The piece Emerald Silvery Hair None Lock Of Emerald Sil does not yet exist in the database. The piece Emerald Silvery Hair None Lock Of Emerald Silv does not yet exist in the database. The piece Emerald Silvery Hair None Lock Of Emerald Silve does not yet exist in the database. The piece Violet Hair With Ban None Of Violet Hair With Ba does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated D does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated D does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dre does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blond Pigtails Eighth Lock Of Blond Pigtai does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated Dr does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Pulled In None Lock Of Black Hair does not yet exist in the database. The piece Decorated Dreadlocks None Lock Of Decorated D does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Dyed Purp None Lock Of Black Hair Dy does not yet exist in the database. The piece Violet Hair With Ban None Lock Of Violet Hair does not yet exist in the database. The piece Emerald Silvery Hair None Lock Of Emerald Silve does not yet exist in the database. The piece Auburn Ringlets Eighth Lock Of Auburn Ringl does not yet exist in the database. The piece Emerald Silvery Hair None Lock Of Emerald Silve does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Pulled In None Lock Of Black Hair Pu does not yet exist in the database. The piece Blonde Hair In Chign None Lock Of Blonde Hair I does not yet exist in the database. The piece Black Hair Pulled In None Lock Of Black Hair Pu does not yet exist in the database. The piece Leather Flog Leather Grip does not yet exist in the database. The piece Feathered Plumes Base Of Feathered Plumes does not yet exist in the database. The piece Butter Bottle Third Dollop Of Butter does not yet exist in the database. The piece Bloody Horns Base Of Bloody Horns does not yet exist in the database. The piece Short Black Hair Eighth Lock Of Short Black does not yet exist in the database. The piece Crimson Soft Mane Eighth Lock Of Crimson Soft does not yet exist in the database. The piece Neat Green Hair Eighth Lock Of Neat Green H does not yet exist in the database. The piece Cropped Blonde Hair Eighth Lock Of Cropped Blon does not yet exist in the database. The piece Spiked Blonde Hair Eighth Lock Of Spiked Blond does not yet exist in the database. The piece Violet Hair With Ban None Lock Of Violet Hair does not yet exist in the database. The piece Violet Hair With Ban None Lock Of Violet Hair W does not yet exist in the database. The piece Violet Hair With Ban None Lock Of Violet Hair does not yet exist in the database.

• Good lord, @Lavinya, I would help you if I could, but nobody can read that. :D Especially "does not yet exist in the database".

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I know, I wasn't expecting so many of them to be missing! I'm sorry @Rialorm >_>

• I have a massive list of pieces to add, I'm going to try and make time for it in between or after the holidays. I realize this makes the site not very usable. It's current top prio together with fixing the import parser + add password recovery. Thanks everyone who has sent me messages, forum PMs or posted here with bits though.
  • Ok, I have just added like a million new pieces. Lots of hairs and masks, and some marionettes.

Important notes: If you report missing cooking pieces, I need their set and collection or I cannot add them. Marionettes have 8 similarly named pieces and two unqiues, like jester has bells and farmer has hat. I am still looking for these.

Some pieces get cut off and / or parse incorrectly, and cannot be added because of this. I'll fix that soon (maybe later today, but I need a break first). I did however fix the incorrect spelling of 'eighth' which was blocking hair pieces from being added.
  • This took me entirely too damn long but I made the email confirmation work. This means you can now reset your own password. I've required everyone with a present account to confirm theirs. The emails take a while to arrive, free service does that I guess :( They may also end up in your spam box. Please whitelist / add as trusted if so.

PS: If I've somehow fucked it up and nobody can log in any more, please let me know. I'm awake a few more hours, else I'll see it in the morning and fix it then. Sorry if this is the case. It worked when I tested it though.
  • And because I hate bugs, I went all out and fixed the import parser -and- made the error reporting less spammy. You're welcome.

When I find more time, hopefully can focus on getting more usability stuff in, as that was all the critical issues.
  • Just deployed a hotfix for the import parser, which I forgot to tell it needs to stop parsing at the end of a line. Durr. Also fixed the "forgot my password" function which wasn't sending emails. I need to test better ._.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Support for trading completed curios too would be nice. I have close to zero interest in playing the trading pieces game anymore, but there are a few curios I wouldn't mind trading or outright buying,
  • Enyalida said:
    Support for trading completed curios too would be nice. I have close to zero interest in playing the trading pieces game anymore, but there are a few curios I wouldn't mind trading or outright buying,
    This is on the todo list, bumping it up. Just need to find time to implement it.
  • edited January 2015
    Is there an option available for people seeking other people who just want to help you out, for example? I have only 10 curio in total, and 8 are used up, so I have 2 floating around. I wish I had more, but I'm poor, so how can I search for people with the curio i want but without having to have one they own?

If anyone is curious,  I am seeking third and sixth pinch of powdered chocolate. Have
    ninth pinch of salt and fifth pinch of cinnamon to trade. 

Aww, no one has the pieces I want at all, or want the ones I have.
  • On the whole, the curio trading community are really good about that. Most people will trade pieces for randoms, if they have something you need. Not everyone, of course, but the ones who won't are the exceptions rather than the rule (at least in my experience). 
  • Thayan said:
    On the whole, the curio trading community are really good about that. Most people will trade pieces for randoms, if they have something you need. Not everyone, of course, but the ones who won't are the exceptions rather than the rule (at least in my experience). 
    I notice this too. We all make ourselves bald by tearing out our respective headpieces, but man. Some pieces are more rare than the rares themselves! Then of course, as I just found out, they got nerved so they don't give coins anymore.