What are you watching?

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I did the same thing with NCIS. I'm now on season 5 with the soul-crushing realisation that I'm not half done yet. But it's sooo gooooood.
  • Luce said:
    I did the same thing with NCIS. I'm now on season 5 with the soul-crushing realisation that I'm not half done yet. But it's sooo gooooood.
    How I'm feeling about Supernatural right now.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• A friend talked me into watching Geek and Sundry's Critical Role. I enjoy tabletop rpgs, but I thought that watching (or listening to) other people play would be dull.

I finally gave it a try while on my trip because I was bored at the hotel and I am now roughly thirty hours in and totally hooked. It prooooooobably helps that these are all professional voice actors who are used to bringing stories to life with their voices, and they're mostly pretty good at keeping things moving rather than getting bogged down in the dice rolls. Also the dice have been demonstrating a distinct flair for the dramatic.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Told yoooooou.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    3 hour long episodes?

What

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Shh just embrace it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Synkarin said:
    3 hour long episodes?

What
    That also was a bit of a turn off, but it's so worth it! (I don't usually listen to them all at once though. There's decent mid-session break points.)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Synkarin said:
    3 hour long episodes?

What
    This has been the barrier to entry for me, but I'm inclined to believe Sylandra's hype. Someday I'll click that link I have bookmarked. If you're looking for more easily digestible chunks of D&D play, I like to recommend the Adventure Zone podcast. The players aren't voice actors or particularly adept at D&D, but I find their brand of humor endlessly entertaining. It starts slow, but the story and production values pick up pretty quickly.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I have been meaning to watch this for ages and @Allyrianne's post tipped me over the edge - it is brilliant.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    There's also a Let's Play the 13th Age game going by the Six Feats Under group that is highly entertaining, especially if you listen to the show notes after each episode.
  • I've finally started binge watching Gotham and it is great.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If you can handle the kiwi accents, we recently watched The Almighty Johnsons and found it grew on us to the point we binge watched all 3 seasons and were disappointed to learn it had been axed. They wrapped it up neatly at least (if in a way that felt like they had always planned for a different result) but if you like light entertainment and dry humour and the idea of norse gods in mortal bodies, go have a look.

• Sylvanas said:
    I've finally started binge watching Gotham and it is great.
    Just how much cheese should I expect?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Turns out it is not as stupid as it sounds. I could do without quite so many shiny bouncy boobs, but it scratches the life-in-an-RPG itch that SAO and Magi failed to. I'm kind of a sucker for genuine nice guy protagonists too.
    I used to make cakes.

• The animation quality on that one is pretty good, yes.

• Riluna said:
    Sylvanas said:
    I've finally started binge watching Gotham and it is great.
    Just how much cheese should I expect?
    It's not that bad.

And Alfred is a bad ass.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • OITNB tho... (and after these past weeks - too much to process).
  • I've been watching TNG and TOS back and forth. No regrets, live long and prosper and engage.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Had fun at Finding Dory. I think the pacing and characterization was a little better than in Finding Nemo, even if it was largely the same movie. Except what the actual flock was with their treatment of Gerald the sea lion? It seemed really meanspirited for Pixar and totally out of sync with the point of the film. :/
    I used to make cakes.

• Spoiler Alert: That is the best move about a board game ever!
    edited July 2016
    I kinda like Stranger Things so far (3 eps in), but I have a sinking feeling it's going to go off the rails before the end.
    I used to make cakes.

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries! Phryne is fabulous.Ty @Allyrianne for the recommendation.
    Daraius said:
  • The Lost Tomb. It's this Chinese adventure/drama about tomb robbers/archaeologists, and it's amazing. It's on prime and viki for free.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • The Great British Baking Show. I am pretty sure that @Daraius is Paul, and @Sylandra is Mary.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    I've been on the fence about watching some of that, but with that context supplied I guess I have to give it a try. :D
    I used to make cakes.

edited August 2016
    The Little Prince is guh-uh-orgeous. Do watch.
    Salome said:
    The Great British Baking Show. I am pretty sure that @Daraius is Paul, and @Sylandra is Mary.
    This is a good recommendation. Very cute show and, so far at least, not a huge amount of the fluff you find in most American reality competitions. I'll miss Martha if she gets kicked off early.
    I used to make cakes.

Sooo was the comparison accurate, @Daraius?

Also I've been watching clips of Sifl and Olly because of @Phoebus. And Chester is the best. Look at these acting chops:
    Daraius said: