What are you watching?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Finally worked up the fortitude to start season two of Transparent. Let's see how this goes.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I've been watching this gif for like... Five minutes, and I just can't get over how awesome it is.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Watching (watched?) the bits of Black Butler on Netflix. ALMOST made a ninja in pathfinder with ranks in Profession (butler).
  • Just heard about The Last Kingdom a british TV series. 92% Rotten Tomatoes. Ran October through November 2015. Anyone watch it?
  • Alright. Just watched the pilot of The Last Kingdom. Five minutes in I was thinking "this kid actor is so adorable and realistic I'm sold on the rest of the series." Then things became very very realistic and I couldn't stop watching. Last ten minutes ramped up to Holy Fuck territory and the ending was so beautifully and elegantly circular I got chills. The hype is real.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I finally watched Whiplash. Everyone should watch Whiplash. It's one of (if not the best) movies I've watched in a long time. 
    Finally polishing off the last season of Park & Rec while I'm snowbound. The series got progressively cartoony, but always had a heart of gold. And that heart is Adam Scott.
    I used to make cakes.

• Shows on my radar. 

Lucifer 

Altered Carbon has been picked up by Netflix 

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    The Expanse. Getting better and better.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    Chelsea Handler's new Netflix docuseries.

Chelsea Does. It's fantastic. Walks the line between relevant (Chelsea Does Racism) and absurd (Chelsea Does Marriage), all with veins of smart humor. 

I've always loved her irreverent sense of humor, but hated the whole Celebrity gossip crap she was forced to do on her E! show. The show is fantastic, if you have Netflix, watch it.

Currently on Chelsea Does Drugs. The parts where her and other comedians are sitting around a table eating pot infused food are hilarious. 

• Ushaara said:

Expanse owns. Hope the main plot secret delivers in the TV series. Specifically staying away from the books until then. Even so, some really compelling acting and character interaction going on. The detective and OPA leader in particular. But so many good characters. The Martian Interrogator, the Martian Captain of the Donnager, the Indian politician (goddamn), Mr "Welcome to the Churn". Good so far.
    Ushaara said:
    Hm, that's usually the opposite trajectory of most ambitious Syfy properties. I may just check it out after all... 
    I used to make cakes.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Kaalak said:
    Ushaara said:

Expanse owns. Hope the main plot secret delivers in the TV series. Specifically staying away from the books until then. Even so, some really compelling acting and character interaction going on. The detective and OPA leader in particular. But so many good characters. The Martian Interrogator, the Martian Captain of the Donnager, the Indian politician (goddamn), Mr "Welcome to the Churn". Good so far.
    Yesss! Agree, agree, agree. Glad to see it was renewed for another season.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Really enjoying the anime "Death Parade." It feels like an anthology of very dark speculative stories. Recommend if you enjoy twisty character studies.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Just watched Wall-E again.

I've never felt more like a little kid than whenever I watch it. I really love watching Wall-E, a trash compacting robot fall in love with a beautiful sleek robot who is "better" than him in every way possible. And she loves him back, not for what he can do for her, but for who he is. Really love it!
  • There's really only one movie I could have watched today.

That's right, woodchuck chuckers, it's GROUNDHOG DAY!

Also, today marks the tenth year in keeping of my (now no longer new) tradition of watching Groundhog Day every Groundhog Day.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • I watched Event Horizon with a friend. Had several mini heart attacks from the jump scares and a lot of the scenes were kind of grisly, but the plot was A+++. Definitely a classic horror film.

Venture Bros is back. :D
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Watched the pilot (teehee) for Firefly, since SOMEONE was silly and lost the license for Doctor Who.
    Sylandra said:
    Really enjoying the anime "Death Parade." It feels like an anthology of very dark speculative stories. Recommend if you enjoy twisty character studies.
    So just finished this and it hit me right in the feelings. 10/10 would get my heart ripped out again.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I have to recommend this. Watch the whole thing before judging.
    edited February 2016
    Sylandra said:
    Sylandra said:
    So just finished this and it hit me right in the feelings. 10/10 would get my heart ripped out again.
    Seconding this. The premise is fantastic, with plenty of depth that's uncovered episode by episode. Hardly a wasted second, too, whether you're glimpsing the darkest memories of the dead or learning the rules that govern how they're judged.

EDIT: Also, characters dancing in the opening credits is a big plus for me. :)
    I used to make cakes.

• So I stumbled upon the Aria the Avvenire OVA that they released a couple of months ago. Now I'm re-watching all the old Aria episodes in their pixelated 480p glory. Ahhh, such a great show.

• So, this season's shows are halfway done. And I think my favourite goes to Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. One day, I'd like to write a bardic about Lusternia with that kind of pacing and theme. Definitely worth a watch.

• Grimgar's amazing by all accounts. Dimension W started out alright, was great for a few episodes and has kinda gone downhill since.
    Too much robotic T&A for my tastes, but dancing characters in the opening credits is a huge plus.
    I used to make cakes.

Finally caught up on season 5 of Once Upon a Time. It's wild.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Picking up RWBY while it's back on Netflix. I'm not sure what to think of it. The animation style is odd but voice acting seems to be more or less on point, the characters seem shallow but the plotline looks like it's deeper than first blush would grant it, there's a decent blend of action and humor (plus the most epic food fight I've ever seen that combines both), and the setting seems interesting, if underused in the first couple episodes. Oh, and each episode is about 2 hours long, but feels like 2-3 episodes duck taped to one another.
  • Last year, I was really into Breaking Bad and Doctor Who. Loved watching them.
  • Mods if this is too political delete it, but the quality of editing and execution is just so very good.