TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Lusternia has turned ten years old! I'm so proud! We're celebrating with games and events and released hair curios! Hair curios are mostly for RP, though they do give a small influence bonus (no more than the trueheart facepaint).

So what are your favorite memories of Lusternia?

Comments

• Haezon said:

Let's celebrate by posting funny hair pics.
    MOAR HAIR

It's true, I really am you.
  • Favourite Lusternia memories:
    Plotting with Sthai to destroy the Book of the Fated.
    Elostian!
    Figuring out the first Czigany prophesy.
    Publishing the Gaudiguch Gossip.
    Discovering Aquagoria,

Obligatory crazy hair:
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot

u jelly?

I can never remember my favorite memories when I try to think of them. That's why I have to log just about everything. My favorites are the discussions with Gadritan years ago, any kind of family RP (especially with Sylandra, Nihmriel, and Irillia)... that one time with Eliron... oh, oh, and story time with Master Quettle.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Vivet said:
    -post-
    Retired.
  • Congratulations on ten years with us, Estarra. That can't have been easy.

May you have ten more. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    No wonder I couldn't hairflip yesterday. My haaaaaair!

-Morgfyre
    -Icewynd and all the events around it (the larvas throughout the basin and giant squads of 30 odd people still racking up insane xp/gold) and half the game racechanging to Trill.
    -Drocilla's reveal, taking down Celest in the process (sorry Celest, but it was so enjoyable to watch from Magnagora!)
    -Yomoigu's return
    - The visions from the Time Dames events

....and so many other things I can't think of right now. Lusternia was the first MUD I ever encountered and I fell in love with the history and the lore. I always compare other games and they fall short in that regard, every time. You've built an awesome experience Estarra (it's so much more than a game), and you should be proud!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Xynthin.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited October 2014

Becoming the avatar of three separate gods.

Amazing weddings performed by amazing divine.

Realizing how utterly mortal and flawed the divine are, and loving them just that much more for it.

(I'm sensing a pattern here)

Designing so many things and watching people stock shops with my designs, my babies, my creations.

Playing alts to get to know people I can't stand on my mains, and realizing they usually aren't that bad.

Spying on Glomdoring during the Xynthin event with an Ecology bond and relaying it to Seren. I felt like such a spy.

Helping to bring Aerochem back.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tacita said:
    Xynthin.
    Let it gooooooooo
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Never.
  • edited October 2014
    I forgot to mention but when I won my first prestige play, oh my god, that was incredible. Also, got some hair finally.

He is a feathered trill and hides his eyes behind a pair of onyx sunglasses, the frames made of thin pieces of ivory. A completely shaven cranium presents a face clear of any sort of hair, the nose plucked clean. There is a slight shine to it as if polished. Strong fingers move up into muscular arms and torso, the pectorals appearing hard and firm. Holding himself up straight, Haezon is 6 feet 3 inches tall with a body width to match, appearing solid, strong and lithe. Scars crisscross rough hands with wrinkled skin from hours of manual labour. His skin coloured a deep ebony that seems to suck in the light which touches, making his outline hard to gauge.  From his wings, chalk dust flakes down like snow, disappearing before they touch the ground in an ever falling motion. The feathers on them are dark, ranging from grey in the outskirts and getting darker as they get closer to his back in delicate shading. He is wearing an auricomous bloodstone band, a thin jade band, a thin opal band, a dashing black silver-plumed hat, a supple pair of fingerless leather gloves, sturdy lace-up knee boots of thick umber leather, a virile, ceremonial tribal suit of the dark forest, a silken, wyrden scarf of nightshades, a belt of mistletoe, a simple ring of bloodstone and an onyx studded clear ring.
    Feathers of every conceivable hue crown his head, ranging from reds and violets to soft emerald green and pale, goldenrod-yellow. The feathers are uniformly long and slender, flowing down his back, resembling long, brilliantly-coloured tresses.

Obligatory

Retired.
  • I just got reminded of one of my favorite Lusty memories ever: http://www.lusternia.com/node/26470

I was very new then - I think I had only playing for a few weeks/months at that time. I had never seen that sort of an admin response to players in any other game. It was that event where I first knew I was hooked. It's also partly why I have always been rather reluctant to leave the Moondancers.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Riluna said:
    I just got reminded of one of my favorite Lusty memories ever: http://www.lusternia.com/node/26470

I was very new then - I think I had only playing for a few weeks/months at that time. I had never seen that sort of an admin response to players in any other game. It was that event where I first knew I was hooked. It's also partly why I have always been rather reluctant to leave the Moondancers.

Ried throws herself onto the ground in awe and respect.

Nadjia shivers violently.

Nys grovels in the dirt.

Shuyin twiddles his thumbs.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Gotta play it cool man