Taste the Rainbow!

Share your new screenshots of your new colour schemes using the expanded colour palette!

See Announce 2394.

If you don't have a supported client, try the web client:
http://client.lusternia.com/

Comments

• edited November 2014
    The nice thing about the webclient, is you don't need to take a screenshot, you can copy paste!

A starving Lirangsha scholar exclaims, "Beware the Dominators, Niun!"
    You say, "Hello."
    You say, "Hello."

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Questions: Can we use these new colors for stage effects? If we can and do, what do people who don't have a client that supports it see?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I'm guessing this comes into effect in those cases:

In the case where you happen to have configured colours in the extended range, and then either disable xterm sequences or switch to a client that does not support them, Lusternia will automatically downsample the colours into the ANSI colour range.

• edited November 2014
    I haven't enabled extended colours anywhere beyond colour configs yet. Stage effects are certainly a place I can look into adding them, though.

And Ssaliss is correct regarding how Rapture will handle it for those without xterm enabled.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Also, for anyone curious, this is how colours are downsampled when necessary (the differences in foreground and background downsampling in some places are the result of basic ANSI sequences allowing a further-restricted set of values for background colours):

• Ieptix said:
    I haven't enabled extended colours anywhere beyond colour configs yet. Stage effects are certainly a place I can look into adding them, though.

And Ssaliss is correct regarding how Rapture will handle it for those without xterm enabled.
    OH MY ESTARRA! Having these able to be used in Stage colors would make them so fantastic. People could take customization on a stage to a new level
  • edited November 2014
    I will take back everything bad I ever said about Lusternia if the colours get made usable by the stage. Gimme gimme gimme.

EDIT: thank you for introducing a brown colour, It is something I sincerely noticed when thinking aesthetically.
    Retired.
  • edited November 2014
    colors! Turned out bigger than I thought.

Guild brown for geos.
    City red for Mag.
    Deathsight grey for morbid
    Family black for even morbidder
    Crux fiery for battle
    Relayer fun colors for fun chat
    Ship purple-green for coolness.
    Estarra name posh pink for esty

edit (naturally I kid)
  • Question: Is there a way to make this work on mushclient? If so, how? If not, should I take the plunge and switch to mudlet?
  • edited November 2014
    Iytha said:
    Question: Is there a way to make this work on mushclient? If so, how? If not, should I take the plunge and switch to mudlet?
    It works right out of the box on MUSHclient for me. What version are you running? (It'll be in Help->About MUSHclient, or you can Note(Version()) as a script to see it as well)

EDIT: Disregard that question. Did some digging, and Rapture(Lusternia's Engine) uses MTTS to detect if a client can support the 256 colour scheme. While MUSHclient has supported the scheme since 4.03 (released in April 2007), and MTTS has technically always been supported if you want to write extra code for it, MTTS support was only added as a built in thing in 4.93 (released July 2014). I recommend updating to the current version (as of this comment, 4.95). All of your stuff -should- work post-upgrade, and it shouldn't require any changes in your scripts. You can find it on the MUSHclient forums in the announcement section, or for a shortcut, the following link: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?id=12633
  • Ahah. I was still on 484. Thanks, Altera!
  • So long as your client supports 256 colours, you can also CONFIG XTERM ON in-game to manually enable them if autonegotiation isn't possible for whatever reason.
  • For a data point, I logged in in a version of mushclient that didn't support it initially and then switched over to an updated version that did. It did not autonegotiate, but CONFIG XTERM ON worked fine. Probably due to it being the same session or something like that, though.
  • Strangely, while my citytells are coloured 147, whenever anybody but myself speaks on the aether, their color is reverted to color 6. This is lame. Please fix.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Sorry, but I hate this. The colors I'm unable to config (WHO entries, ambient text, etc) have all reverted to being dark and impossible to read for me. It's overwriting my client settings whether it's config'd on or not, making the game basically unplayable for my very sensitive eyes.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Also, it seems CONFIG XTERM turns on every time you log on (I'm guessing through a supported client). Can you make it so if you CONFIG XTERM OFF, it doesn't use these colors at all, ever?
  • Arcanis said:
    Ieptix said:

OH MY ESTARRA! Having these able to be used in Stage colors would make them so fantastic. People could take customization on a stage to a new level
    Could, yes.

There's a lot of can in the stage mechanics. And not a lot of do.

:p
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Morshoth said:
    Also, it seems CONFIG XTERM turns on every time you log on (I'm guessing through a supported client). Can you make it so if you CONFIG XTERM OFF, it doesn't use these colors at all, ever?
    Sounds like a bug, really, or at least something unintended.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • It's doing the opposite for me, automatically turning itself off when I had it on.
  • Xterm will automatically default to off unless your client specifically supports negotiation of the protocol. This is by design, since if it stayed on and you later logged in with a client lacking negotiation and color support, bad things happen (to you, it doesn't effect us in any way).
  • Ieptix said:
    Xterm will automatically default to off unless your client specifically supports negotiation of the protocol. This is by design, since if it stayed on and you later logged in with a client lacking negotiation and color support, bad things happen (to you, it doesn't effect us in any way).
    I'll bug it, but mine keeps turning itself back on. I turned it on to play with it, but on my phone, the client I'm using doesn't support it, and I'll go to do certain things and the text will be gone unless I CONFIG XTERM OFF again.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ieptix said:
    Xterm will automatically default to off unless your client specifically supports negotiation of the protocol. This is by design, since if it stayed on and you later logged in with a client lacking negotiation and color support, bad things happen (to you, it doesn't effect us in any way).
    I am having issues with this.  I logged in and most of my colours are broken.  They got set to colours that I can't even use.  For example:
    pf              95   0  (pf): You say, "Blah."
    deathwyrm      121   0  (deathwyrm): You say, "Blah."

config colour pf 95
    You cannot set the foreground colour to "95".

I don't even know what colours I had on all my clans, but they are now really broken and it is bugging me.  Is there any way to get all of these numbers reset to what they were pre-change, when XTerm is not enabled?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The Divine voice of (Ieptix the Anomaly) echoes in your head, "Look better now?"

Ieptix is so cool.  <3
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Eritheyl said:
    Sorry, but I hate this. The colors I'm unable to config (WHO entries, ambient text, etc) have all reverted to being dark and impossible to read for me. It's overwriting my client settings whether it's config'd on or not, making the game basically unplayable for my very sensitive eyes.
    Turning it off apparently now properly turns it off. Huzzah, I can read my screen again.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Daganev said:
    The nice thing about the webclient, is you don't need to take a screenshot, you can copy paste!

You say, "Hello."
    You say, "Hello."

I love the copy paste feature! I really like the new client!

🌈💕✨💖

• Ialie said:
    Daganev said:

You say, "Hello."
    You say, "Hello."

I love the copy paste feature! I really like the new client!
    Welcome back!
  • Morshoth said:
    Ieptix said:
    I'll bug it, but mine keeps turning itself back on. I turned it on to play with it, but on my phone, the client I'm using doesn't support it, and I'll go to do certain things and the text will be gone unless I CONFIG XTERM OFF again.
    I'll see if I can adjust the config setting to remember if you've turned it off, though the negotiation is part of IRE-wide code that I can't touch directly, so I can't make any promises. Before I do that, though, I'd like to catch you when you're logged in at some point so I can check some stuff related to the colour negotiation, since it shouldn't be enabling it if your client doesn't support colours; is it possible your client has support for it, but you have them toggled off in your settings somewhere?
  • Ieptix said:
    Morshoth said:
    Ieptix said:
    I'll see if I can adjust the config setting to remember if you've turned it off, though the negotiation is part of IRE-wide code that I can't touch directly, so I can't make any promises. Before I do that, though, I'd like to catch you when you're logged in at some point so I can check some stuff related to the colour negotiation, since it shouldn't be enabling it if your client doesn't support colours; is it possible your client has support for it, but you have them toggled off in your settings somewhere?
    Anything is possible, I suppose. I just know that I can't see some things when it's on, and when I turn it off, i can. One I noticed yesterday was checking ABs.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited November 2014
    Ieptix said:
    *sigh*

"It's broken, but we can't fix it, because we aren't allowed to."

I'm sorry you have to go through all this. If it's not working, you should be allowed to fix it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.